PDA

View Full Version : Kinect-Related Injuries

Sorrel
05-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I got my first injury through playing Kinect today by scraping my hands on the celling whilst playing Carnival Games (because I'm that rock and roll).
No blood, no bones, quite boring really.

So I was just wondering if anyone had hurt themselves through playing any of the fine selection of Kinect games?

Cringer85
05-25-2011, 04:56 PM
nope. But my ceiling-lamp has been smashed off a couple of times during Kinectimals and Fantastic Pets ball games.

Agent Aero
05-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Banging head on ceiling has happened a few times. The cat has also taken a couple of knocks whilst i play Kinectimals :rolleyes:

MC horse13
05-26-2011, 04:22 PM
i dont have the kinect, but when i got my wii i smashed the wiimote into my friends face does that count?(btw i regret buying that thing)

Veedrock
05-26-2011, 10:47 PM
When I first hooked up my Kinect, I played Kinect Adventures for 5 hours straight. I couldn't walk right for a week :P

Non-fatigue related, I was playing the goalie exercise in EA Sports Active 2. I was all the way to the right and a ball was kicked to the far left. I lunged over but I ended up jamming my toe into the carpet then ended up rolling my whole weight into the foot because I had no balance.

That hurt like an mf'er! Top of all of my toes ended up turning purple and I had a limp for almost 2 weeks. Toe still hurts if I bend it too much in one direction but otherwise I'm back to normal. Haven't played the game since (not really a traumatizing experience, but being unable to play then trying to do catchup on my routines killed it for me).

Sorrel
05-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Could say that'll teach you to play football/soccer/whatever but at least you were playing a slightly more manly game than the rest of us :bow:

DarkReign2021
05-28-2011, 04:27 AM
I was playing Kinect Adventures with a friend in Rally Ball. He's naturally way too hyper, so when he was trying to rebound some of the balls I ended up getting kicked in the shin and hit in the face repeatedly. Same thing goes with the bubble game when the hands start flapping and on the odd occassion we run into each other on the rafting game as well.

In Dance Central I've lost my footing a couple of times. When I was doing the sideways bounce to Soulja Boy I lost my foot and ended up falling over and slamming my head into the way.I've also gotten myself snagged in wires a couple times (I try to keep my play area wire-free but it's hard to do at times and I usually end up playing on top of them (Carefully, of course.)

Nicholai wolf
05-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I was playing Kinect Adventures with a friend in Rally Ball. He's naturally way too hyper, so when he was trying to rebound some of the balls I ended up getting kicked in the shin and hit in the face repeatedly. Same thing goes with the bubble game when the hands start flapping and on the odd occassion we run into each other on the rafting game as well...

Me and a friend have done this quite often, especially with Rally Ball. Alot of the time it was me hitting him and mostly by accident apart from the time he decided to try and get me back and tripped me up when I was trying to jump over one of blue barriers in Reflex Ridge, that one Hurt.

I've also managed to punch the ceiling a few times now, I'm starting to learn not to jump with my hands anywhere above my head now.

Foxxy kyle
05-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Nope no injures for me, Never been sore of anything since I work out Monday- Friday.

OwlsNewts
05-30-2011, 05:41 AM
I've crashed into my chandelier while attempting to save a ball in soccer in Kinect Sports. Fortunately no damage was done (both to me and the chandelier). Always remember to "look up too". :)

master_shake_350
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I scratched my gf's foot with my iwn foot whilst playing kinect adventures.

JeJans
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Ordinary stuff like hitting/being hit by a friend during kinect adventure mainly.

Then during dance central i hit my heating element (donīt know if thatīs the correct word in English) a couple of times with my foot, hurts like hell! Moved it by no thought:P

tehflame33
06-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Ha now that I think about it there was the time me and my friends were playing and bashed our faces on the furniture,but Ithink most of that was more beer induced than kinect induce :D:drunk

DANTHEDEVIL97
06-11-2011, 10:20 PM
well when i was playing kinect adventures reflex ridge i smashed my mate in the face to speed up :D

Giesje
06-13-2011, 01:17 PM
i twisted my ankle while playing kinect adventures aquarium challenge

SergeiSmith
06-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm Kinect injury free, but I had a buddy literally break his leg playing Rock Band 2 once. Thats what he gets for trying to jump like Van Halen.

Creater521
06-24-2011, 05:45 PM
I was watching Ign and then they said in Kinect Sports an easy way to beat a boxer on Champion difficulty was to spin around in a circle with your arms straight and in a fists. after 2 minutes I lost and was so dizzy I puked for like 5 minutes straight :[

FinSleepless
06-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Me and my boyfriend jumped against eachother while playing Kinect Adventures. He has also hit me in the face once :P
Sadly the Kinect Adventures doesn't work anymore, lol.

Nero x360a & ps3t
06-26-2011, 03:34 AM
My leg fell asleep on me while in the middle of playing (don't ask), and fell and landed on my chest. I remember slipping once or twice aswell.

chrisk62
06-26-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm Kinect injury-free so far but i have hit my head off the living room light on the ceiling a few times playing the raft games on Kinect Adventures.

stevenmack65
06-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Just the usual strains and pulls from the ea sports 2 game lol... :uzi:

Blackest Metal
07-04-2011, 02:05 AM
I think ive pulled a muscle doing the fitness test on UFC Personal Trainer. Oh goodness that game is hard work!

BluWolve
07-04-2011, 02:17 AM
nothing on the kinect yet, although my step son hit me in the elbow with the wii cricket bat controller thing. It smashed all over the loungeroom so we spent the rest of the arvo picking up little pieces of plastic. I think it was an accident, although I am pretty sure I was beating him at the time...

Crucifixd
07-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Lol This is a funny thread

TigerPerfect
07-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Kinect Adventures !!! Damm i busted my hand on the corner the coffee table, when swinging at those Rally balls!

DocRevolt
07-05-2011, 06:05 AM
I was made tired beyond belief by my first week of owning the thing. No physical injuries as of so far though.

tugboatman
07-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Ive got 2 lol, firstly my fiance broke her arm in two places doing the long jump on Kinect Sports (in which she set a world record lol) and my mother in law broke 2 two toes when she kicked the sofa playing Kinect Adventures

Storm Cobra
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Awesome thread, but so far no injuries here ^^ Didn't played a lot with Kinect so far, perhaps when some better titles are in store.

HugTheBear
07-06-2011, 05:32 AM
lol, funny thread. I will be sure to report my injuries once I start using my Kinect!

KingAntz
07-06-2011, 05:45 AM
When I first hooked up my Kinect, I played Kinect Adventures for 5 hours straight. I couldn't walk right for a week :P

Non-fatigue related, I was playing the goalie exercise in EA Sports Active 2. I was all the way to the right and a ball was kicked to the far left. I lunged over but I ended up jamming my toe into the carpet then ended up rolling my whole weight into the foot because I had no balance.

That hurt like an mf'er! Top of all of my toes ended up turning purple and I had a limp for almost 2 weeks. Toe still hurts if I bend it too much in one direction but otherwise I'm back to normal. Haven't played the game since (not really a traumatizing experience, but being unable to play then trying to do catchup on my routines killed it for me).

This was well funny :biglaugh

Non serious injuries... yet but have smashed the hanging light around a few times (I has a 4 mirror sides hanging down)... No idea how I havent broken it yet!

Extraordinaire
07-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I hit a friend of mine in the face while dancing in Dance Central.

Well at the time it wasn't that funny :/

willssmith22283
07-13-2011, 02:29 PM
I killed the lampshade jumping to hit the ball in Volleyball replace with someone downlighters around the living room to avoid happening again!! And the GF booted the wooden floor playing football (I had to laugh as she rolled about the floor!!) :)

DocRevolt
07-21-2011, 05:17 AM
I managed to strain my arm muscle somehow... Probably because it was after something like eight hours of almost constant Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures. That wasn't much fun.

heycallmejoe
08-02-2011, 03:41 AM
I've crashed into my chandelier while attempting to save a ball in soccer in Kinect Sports. Fortunately no damage was done (both to me and the chandelier). Always remember to "look up too". :)

Lol! That could've ended bad.

Sn1gaaaZ
08-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Except of sore muscles the next day nothing really serious. But funny to read those storys here hah.

Sonic0967
08-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Funniest thing I have seen had to be at our Play N Trade. Right after the Kinect came out, they had one you could try kinect adventures on.
One bigger kid got too into the rallyball, dove to the right, lost his balance and fell into the wire shelving on the wall, took down about 3-4 racks and games flew everywhere. It was hilarious

BaZoOkaPoOka
08-06-2011, 07:34 PM

roflmao.

hmm i didnt get any bad injuries except that one time i was playing kinect adventures and jumped to the right and got stabbed in the stomach by edge of the table :mad:

DMagoo24
08-16-2011, 01:44 AM
First night we got the kinect I remember smashing my hands on the ceiling playing kinect adventure.

Couple days later I stepped on the wife's foot playing kinect sports trying to save a goal in soccer.... But to no avail...

ConfederateSuga
08-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Never played Kinect, but I threw my back out the one time I played Wii Fit lol

PoisonCandyGirl
08-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Lmao. The worst I've done is smack my own face while dancing XD

stranger35
08-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Just jumping over the things in Kinect Adventures and hit my head on the ceiling fan pretty hard. I forgot that it was made for small kids and not people over 6 feet. That and i got a little too into the game

LawlCake1214
08-20-2011, 05:06 AM
I personally haven't had any injuries. Only thing happened so far was my friend was playing and was swinging his arms all over the place like a dumbass and hit my dog.

Jellybean468
08-23-2011, 12:00 AM
I played Fruit Ninja Kinect for 5 hours straight on release day. I had lactic acid in my back, arms and neck for 4 days.

A couple of days ago I played a Kinectimals contest that involves ducking down every 5 seconds. I got lactic acid in my legs for 3 days :p