PDA

View Full Version : What should I get for a new game???

CoolioDude
07-06-2007, 01:35 AM
OK, so my birthday is coming up on the 25th. I'm thinking of getting a new game. I can't get any M rated games (parents), so that sucks.

I like shooter games, like Call of Duty 3, racing, and sports.

Games I already have- Call of Duty 3, Test Drive: Unlimited, Tiger Woods 07, Madden 07, NHL 07, and Guitar Hero 2.

Thanks!

Jdm
07-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Twister and a bottle of baby oil.

*Cough...Spamming...Cough*

Since you like racing, how about Forza 2? It's a Great racing game. Hmmm...shooters...does Darkness count as a shooter? That game is pretty fun.

CoolioDude
07-06-2007, 03:06 AM
I thought about Forza 2... so I'll think about that one. Seems like a pretty fun game. But is that game pretty hard for around 300 points? Seems like alot of people have like only 100. But if its a really fun game, I won't care about the achievements.

Anyone else?

sawman90
07-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Twister and a bottle of baby oil.
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

but you should pick up DiRT or Need for Speed Most Wanted (witch I just beat like 10 mins ago 1000/1000) both fun racing games

Korix
07-06-2007, 03:14 AM
And this thread isn't? Every tenth thread in this damn forum is someone else asking "What should I get?" Here's the answer for you and all others to come: Pick your own stuff. Go look in the game's forum to read what others have to say. It's why they're there. Also, strangers aren't going to pick for you better than you can. Especially if you were thinking about a game and are going to think about if some more. Whatever the fuck that means.

Jdm
07-06-2007, 03:17 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

but you should pick up DiRT or Need for Speed Most Wanted (witch I just beat like 10 mins ago 1000/1000) both fun racing games

That's right! I forgot about DiRT! DiRT is an awesome game! I'm not sure if you can still download the demo off XBL, but it's really fun!

If you like Rally Racing, then DiRT is for you.
If you like Simulation Racing, then Forza 2 will do the job.

ilski
07-06-2007, 03:31 AM
...But if its a really fun game, I won't care about the achievements.

I think this makes my post even more relevant.

veritas347
07-06-2007, 04:06 AM
i would say darkness ive heard thats a really fun game havent played it but heard its awesome

InSoMnIaC_190
07-06-2007, 04:07 AM

Since you like racing, how about Forza 2? It's a Great racing game. Hmmm...shooters...does Darkness count as a shooter? That game is pretty fun.

Yeah The Darkness is like a FPS/Action Adventure game but more shooter.

The Darkness is one hell of a ride but very very short if you play it straight through.

Call Of Duty 2 was amazing and since you love CoD 3 you should check that out.

veritas347
07-06-2007, 04:10 AM
yeah cod 2 was a great game i used to play online all the time its a blast

Jdm
07-06-2007, 04:16 AM
And this thread isn't? Every tenth thread in this damn forum is someone else asking "What should I get?" Here's the answer for you and all others to come: Pick your own stuff. Go look in the game's forum to read what others have to say. It's why they're there. Also, strangers aren't going to pick for you better than you can. Especially if you were thinking about a game and are going to think about if some more. Whatever the fuck that means.

I agree, but here's the reality...It's a FORUM. To many members, it's natural not to search a topic before creating one. Regarding to this thread; We've seen these threads created everywhere, am I not right? So here's the bottom line...it's still about GAMING. Not everyone knows what to do like you and I. At least this thread wasn't created just to talk about random $hit. This thread IMO, is not so much on the Spamming side of things.

Lock it boys. :locked

veritas347
07-06-2007, 04:20 AM
why do you care if people want to know if a game is good and what games other people reccomend just let them go on its what they want

BlaZiN cdn
07-06-2007, 04:55 AM
If you like racing games NASCAR '08 is coming out at the end of the month and DiRT is a really fun game. If you're into sports Madden '08 is out at the end of the month.

Clipse 2
07-06-2007, 05:01 AM
We do have a lot of threads like this being made up, so much so that its nearly predictable of who is going to reply and what game they are going to currently recommend. I've been thinking about getting a new game lately, I did my research in the game forums, and even shot a message to ThrillKillBill asking him if The Darkness was as bad ass as he thinks it is. So after reading a few reviews, looking at a few screen shots and videos, and having Thrill say he thinks its the best game for the 360 I figured it would be worth a pick up and got it tonight. I'll be playing it tomorrow sometime and see for myself.

But really everyone's tastes are different, a bunch of guys in here say COD2 & 3 are awesome games, but I'm not a WWII game fan. Granted I'll pick them up when they're rock bottom in the bargin bin, but not until then because its not my cup of tea. We can't have everyone posting on here what game others think they should get next. Just look at whats out Coolio, read some articles, view screen shots, and holler at a friend to see what they recommend, not the whole org.

Spot2009
07-06-2007, 05:23 AM
I think this makes my post even more relevant.
Lol.

Anyway, the DiRT demo is still available, so you might wanna download that. I would wait for a Darkness demo, even though I've heard mostly good about the game. I haven't gotten into downloading the DiRT demo, yet.

Anyways, both those games I mentioned sound very fun, so you might want to get one of those!

kvant
07-06-2007, 08:56 AM
I was about to recommend shadowrun, but that is apparently rated M, whatever it means.

Maybe you should ask for two games with lowered prize than one with full prize? PGR3+CoD2 ?

CoolioDude
07-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Alright, so I thought about it, and I'm going to get DiRT or Forza 2. I'll figure out which one I should get by myself and browsing through both game forums.

Thanks for your opinions.

Since there is no point in this thread now, lock it up.

:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked: locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked

Vista
07-06-2007, 07:25 PM
-GRAW 2
-Forza 2
-DiRT
-Darkness
-The BIGS
-Hour of Victory

Hulking Bubba65
07-06-2007, 07:41 PM
well the bigs is fun if you like sports
and forza 2 rocks if you like racing

sln333
07-07-2007, 09:56 PM
you should get cod 2 or forza 2

keiblerfan69
07-08-2007, 07:43 PM

I second those suggestions.

Toki Wauna Noki
07-10-2007, 01:58 PM
you should get Gears Of War

o Mandrick o
07-11-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm still rating Crackdown. Those bloomin little orbs though......498 found.
Saints Row sucked me in (I see you already have Test Drive so no point recommending that)

If you like online FPS Battlefield: Modern Combat comes recommended and its cheap these days.
On one player though I get smashed.......not much better online tbh but hey ho!

As a racing fan I've played the Dirt demo and thought it was nothing special. Forza 2 however is quality. (purchased on day of release). Made even harder using the proper steering wheel!
Don't expect a quick 1000 points in a weekend though. For pure gaming its the best there currently is in my book (until PGR4 comes long by the look of it)

No idea what M rating is ("mature" maybe like our 18 certificate??) so you'll have to filter those as you see fit.

GOW was great on one and cop-op play but again is spoilt online for me as everyone on there seems to have played it since year dot (I'm a late comer), so I rarely can't survive long enough to have a good look round and learn the maps. Life's too short in my book.
My 002s anyway

TacticalChaos15
07-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Everyone keeps recommending M rated games , he can't play the Darkness or Gears or Shadowrun, read his post!

If you liked COD3 you should check out COD2. It is a really good game. Battlefield is okay if you don't mind never getting the full 1000. I don't have any racing games so I can't recommend any of them. If you like sports and want something funny ,get the Burger King games, You can get all three for under 15 dollars and they are easy achievements. Maybe just get a lot of point cards for arcade games, I personally like arcade games. My favorites right now are Cloning Clyde, Boom Boom Rocket, Small Arms, and Prince of Persia Classic. That would be like 40 $ so it is cheaper than a retail game!