PDA

View Full Version : Free with the Rockstar Pass?

CrossFireZX5
05-31-2011, 12:39 PM
So, going by the description on the Marketplace, will we be able to download this for free when its released if we buy the Rockstar Pass?

metallicorphan
05-31-2011, 12:46 PM
that is how i understood it..pretty cool if true because its the same for Reefer Madness as well

RH06
05-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Yea both the Electroplating and Reefer Madness will be free when they come out. As for me I already owned the Naked City Badge Pusuit, but don't own the other DLC like A slip of the Tongue, Piano Gun, or the two suits. So buying the PAss seems worth it!

acidbrn
05-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Its a good deal as long as you have only one or less of the retail exclusive dlc. But if you have both retail codes already its not worth it in my opinion. Thats if the pricing stays the same at 320 for Nicholson and reefer.

acidbrn
05-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Just read this on GameInformer, that the rockstar pass is only $10 for a limited time after that it goes up to $20.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/31/rockstar-details-l-a-noire-dlc-schedule.aspx

Disco Ball
05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Just read this on GameInformer, that the rockstar pass is only $10 for a limited time after that it goes up to $20.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/31/rockstar-details-l-a-noire-dlc-schedule.aspx

I believe the pass is going to $12 not $20. All the DLC would be $20, no reason to get the pass then.

This is from Joystiq btw.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/31/la-noire-dlc/

DanielH
06-01-2011, 04:59 AM
if you didn't know, a helpful hint: june 21st 2011, the DLC For Nicholson Electroplating Come Out.

July 12th 2011 Reefer Madness Comes Out

I already had: Naked City/Badge Challenge 20/20.

so i got a slip of the tongue and the chicago piano, now i wait june 21st 2011 for the other DLC.

i got on LA Noire 50/50 achievements, LOL.

seth78
06-01-2011, 06:44 AM
hmmm, just bought the pass but how to suit up the new suits? lol

seth78
06-01-2011, 06:49 AM
scratch that... just realised i didnt install the suits... :P

Jellybean468
06-01-2011, 08:26 AM
I presume (and hope) so, because the description says that the Rockstar Pass basically gives you all DLC, and those who do not buy the pass can buy individual DLC for a price... that's what I think anyway.

Entegy
06-02-2011, 03:11 AM
The description of the Rockstar Pass is quite clear on what it says it's going to give you: All the preorder suits, guns and cases, and the two cases (Nicholson Electroplating and Reefer Madness) coming this summer. What it doesn't say is any content after that.

What I did notice is that once you've bought the Rockstar Pass, you have to install the items from L.A. Noire's in-game Marketplace Menu.

DENAz666
06-02-2011, 04:27 AM
The description of the Rockstar Pass is quite clear on what it says it's going to give you: All the preorder suits, guns and cases, and the two cases (Nicholson Electroplating and Reefer Madness) coming this summer. What it doesn't say is any content after that.

What I did notice is that once you've bought the Rockstar Pass, you have to install the items from L.A. Noire's in-game Marketplace Menu.

Thats all you get with the Rockstar pass. Any other DLC that comes out afterwards won't be included in the pass. What you see now, is all you get :)

Zombiedrd
06-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Not technically free, just a major discount.

xXthefragileXx
06-02-2011, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=Entegy;4266046]The description of the Rockstar Pass is quite clear on what it says it's going to give you: All the preorder suits, guns and cases, and the two cases (Nicholson Electroplating and Reefer Madness) coming this summer.[QUOTE]

Maybe I just didn't read through the description well enough because the way I understood it was that buying the pass would give you a discount on the DLC stuff (ie: I pay $10 for the pass and get future DLC at a discounted rate, meaning I would still have to buy them, just for less than msrp). But based on what I've read here, buying the pass for $10 gives you all the DLC listed (on the promo screen) for less than buying them seperate (like a song pack does in Rock Band). If it's the latter, I'm all over it

shinobigarth
06-03-2011, 06:32 AM
^ yeah it makes each case less than $2.50 each, and a few cents for the other stuff. or, $2.50 per case and the other stuff for free. either way its a pretty good deal.

master_shake_350
06-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Yea both the Electroplating and Reefer Madness will be free when they come out. As for me I already owned the Naked City Badge Pusuit, but don't own the other DLC like A slip of the Tongue, Piano Gun, or the two suits. So buying the PAss seems worth it!

If this is true, I will give my "The Naked City" code to my GF or friend and buy the Rockstar Pass if it means I got the 4 DLC's.

TealPavelski
06-06-2011, 10:31 PM
I could have sworn I heard the Rockstar pass will get you the future DLC's at a discounted price? Maybe instead of 320msp each, they will be 220msp or 200msp. Obviously I'd love it if they're free with the purchase of the Rockstar Pass!

SuperSkyline89
06-06-2011, 11:47 PM
When you buy the Rockstar Pass you get the two Pre-Order DLC
- The Naked City
- A Slip of the Tongue
YOU'LL ALSO GET THE TWO LAST DLC WHEN THEY'RE RELEASED, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM AGAIN
- Reefer Madness
- Nicholson Electroplating
You also get some suits, the Badge Challenge, and some Piano Gun

Maybe the combination of bold, italics, capitals, and colour will help people understand what has been made crystal clear since the Pass was announced. :AR15

master_shake_350
06-07-2011, 02:53 AM
When you buy the Rockstar Pass you get the two Pre-Order DLC
- The Naked City
- A Slip of the Tongue
YOU'LL ALSO GET THE TWO LAST DLC WHEN THEY'RE RELEASED, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM AGAIN
- Reefer Madness
- Nicholson Electroplating
You also get some suits, the Badge Challenge, and some Piano Gun

Maybe the combination of bold, italics, capitals, and colour will help people understand what has been made crystal clear since the Pass was announced. :AR15

Thank you :P

Annalie
06-07-2011, 07:15 AM
I honestly think people are clear on it. they are just afraid of being ripped off so they ask constantly about the pass for conformation from others.

TealPavelski
06-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Has R* said how many DLC packs they are planning to release?

Barad
06-07-2011, 12:56 PM
My guess is these 4 are the last.

Hiigarian
06-07-2011, 01:10 PM
@Annalie: I was worried as well, but that didn't stop me from giving a good hard look to the description of the Pass. Or maybe it's just the inner lawyer in me telling me to read the small letters over and over again. ;P

@TealPavelski: 4, I guess? I really don't know whether some other DLCs after those would pay off. I would personally love to see a case that takes place after the end of the game, but due to everything that has happened, I guess they'll just continue from there in the next installment.

GoDz Kaiser Ren
06-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Naked City ($4), Slip of the Tongue ($4), 2 free suits ($2), the badge challenge + suit ($3), and the other 2 dlc ($8?) when they arrive? amazing deal. So long as you didn't get any preorders like myself it's already paid for itself.

xKRAIZEEMANx
06-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I plan on getting this on Friday. Seems like a good deal, plus I want all the achievements, as I have all of them for the original game.

Mikey1
06-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I better get to buying some Microsoft points. Getting all this: The L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass includes all the following: The Broderick Detective Suit, The Sharpshooter Detective Suit, The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit, "The Naked City" Vice Case, "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case, "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case and "Reefer Madness" Vice Case. Individual items will become available to download when released.
for $10 (800 pts) is amazing.

Mikey1
06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
And a quick question about this pass, do you instantly get the dlc when u purchase it or do we get the dlc when they individually come out, even though we have the pass?

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 10:24 PM
And a quick question about this pass, do you instantly get the dlc when u purchase it or do we get the dlc when they individually come out, even though we have the pass?

After you download the Pass start the game and install the DLC from there. When the new ones are released you do the same thing.

ColdSpider72
06-08-2011, 10:26 PM
I better get to buying some Microsoft points. Getting all this: The L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass includes all the following: The Broderick Detective Suit, The Sharpshooter Detective Suit, The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit, "The Naked City" Vice Case, "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case, "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case and "Reefer Madness" Vice Case. Individual items will become available to download when released.
for $10 (800 pts) is amazing.

First of all....no need to double-post, you could just edit the first post you made....Second, did you really need to ask that question?? The answer is in your first post! This is getting ridiculous.

Mikey1
06-08-2011, 10:36 PM
First of all....no need to double-post, you could just edit the first post you made....Second, did you really need to ask that question?? The answer is in your first post! This is getting ridiculous.
Excuse me, no need to try and make me look like an idiot. Skyline already answered it so take a chill pill. ;)

ColdSpider72
06-09-2011, 02:38 AM
You're right because You're doing a fine job of that on your own.

Downsize
06-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Ok so I already owned Naked City and the Badge Challenge DLC from FROM preordering Gamestop.

So I plop down 800MP for the Rockstar pass.

Ok so, I get...

Slip of the Tongue DLC case - 320MP
Broderick Detective Suit and Gun - 80MP
Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun - 80MP
“Nicholson Electroplating Disaster” DLC case - 320MP
“Reefer Madness” DLC case - 320MP

I did get a $4.00 discount. Hey that's still a discount!

Valter
06-14-2011, 08:24 PM
You have to sign out & sign back in or put in a game in order for the changes to take place after purchasing the Rockstar Pass. Then the content will be free, or you could just put in L.A. Noire and get the content from the in-game marketplace.

DENAz666
06-15-2011, 03:55 AM
Ok so I already owned Naked City and the Badge Challenge DLC from FROM preordering Gamestop.

So I plop down 800MP for the Rockstar pass.

Ok so, I get...

Slip of the Tongue DLC case - 320MP
Broderick Detective Suit and Gun - 80MP
Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun - 80MP
“Nicholson Electroplating Disaster” DLC case - 320MP
“Reefer Madness” DLC case - 320MP

I did get a $4.00 discount. Hey that's still a discount!

Exactly the same as me :)