PDA

View Full Version : DLC question, so I don't waste money

Twigleaf
05-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Wherever I bought my LA Noire, ( I didn't pick it up ), it came with a Vice City, and some kind of Badge case. I even got some physical film strips or something. Today, I notice, that all DLC from all pre-orders, excepet the one exclusive to the PS3, were on some kind of 800 credit pass. I noticed the pass said "reduced price", rather than included in the 800 credits.

In my download memomy on my hard drive, I have "The Naked City" and " The Badge Pursuit" 422MB. Is this the exact same DLC that is listed on the Microsoft store, because its not checked on there as owned. I have friends in the game stores who got me codes for all the other content, and I've had exactly 666MB of DLC installed since the game came out. Basically, every pre-order, is checked as "owned" in the marketplace, except that Vice City DLC for 320 credits. I even have a code to download the Electroplating case when it comes out due to the Best Buy Midnight launch exclusive thingie. Only thing I do NOT have, is the Reefer case code. So I am not wasting 800 credits on a pass to reduce a price on something I already own. I am just confused on why Microsoft is listing my Vice City DLC as not purchased, but everything else is.

ImmortalArbiter
05-31-2011, 06:43 PM
I don't know why it's not listing as owned, but if you have A Slip of the Tongue, The Naked City, and the code for the next DLC, then I wouldn't bother with the Rockstar Pass. The fourth DLC you'll have to buy separately, but it's going to be 320 points.

They are talking about a Discount, because with the pass, you get all of the DLC for 800 points. If you don't buy the pass, but buy everything separately, it will end up being 1600 points. Also of note is the fact that the price of the Rockstar pass will be going up to 960 points in two weeks. Hopefully this clears up any confusion for you.

DropDeadArtemus
05-31-2011, 06:45 PM
I also have The Naked City dlc. It still shows up unchecked in the Game Marketplace. This could have something to do with the fact that we downloaded it before it became available on the Marketplace. They are the same download though.

Twigleaf
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
ok :) thank you Arbiter and Artemus. That explains everything well. I was thinking, that maybe the Naked City isn't checked, because its actually named something different when Gamestop gave out the pre-orders for it. There was a second case with it, called Badge Pursuit, and it had physical film strips in a little evidence packet. So maybe, they just dropped the Badge Pursuit part due to that? idk. I dont even know if the film strips are needed to do Badge Pursuit, I haven't tried that case yet. But since its not checked for others, and you explained the function of the pass, then I won't waste any money buying it. All I will have to buy I think is that Reefer case, and if its 320, I'm all for paying that.

ImmortalArbiter
05-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Actually, now that you mention it, the Badge Pursuit and The Naked City are separate downloads on the Rockstar Pass "menu". I think that could be the difference.

Also, while they announced the Rockstar Pass for all of this DLC, there is always the chance that any future DLC could be included with it as well. I doubt it, but you never know.

bushmaster2000
05-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Ya it's the same content. But you still save money buying the Rockstar pass. If each DLC case is 4 bucks and you own one already, it's still $12 for the three you don't have plus you get the other nick nacks like guns and outfits if you care about that stuff. The badge collection case you already own as well .

Twigleaf
06-01-2011, 09:40 AM
yes. the future content may come into play. I am not sure. I looked over the list, and I have everything save for that Reefer case. I have the Electroplating code, but it cannot be activated until June or July (whenever the content is officially released). Best Buy gave out vouchers at a midnight release party for that case.

Plus, as someone above mentioned, the pass may go up only 160 points next week so it will still be cheap at 960 credits if someone needs it. The Naked City, and The Badge Pursuit apparently is combined on the Gamestop pre-order, but seperate on the official DLC marketplace, so that may explain why both are unchecked as not owned. It is actually combined into 1 file if you got the Gamestop DLC preorder.

It could be worse..... the people who made Fallout Vegas, did not take into consideration that people "might" have more than 4 DLC's. If people remember, there were 4 pre-order packs. one for wal-mart, best buy, gamestop and amazon. If you have all 4 installed, and then buy an official add-on DLC adventure for Fallout Vegas, the game will hange at detecting downloadable content. You can delete items down to 4, and the game will load and run fine, but the programmers never tested out what would happen if they installed all 6 DLC items for the game. They claim it will be patched before next official DLC, getting rid of the hard limit on DLC, but it makes you wonder, why is there a hard limit in there anyway.... They claimed they would have never thought people would own all the pre-order DLC. If its like the LA Noire DLC, it has achievements attached to the pre-order stuff. 200 points worth !!. wal-mart and gamestop dlc case I think. So developers need to start taking into consideration that some players can get their hands on multiple pre-orders before games are released. lol

Wildcats 418
06-01-2011, 05:12 PM
yes. the future content may come into play. I am not sure. I looked over the list, and I have everything save for that Reefer case. I have the Electroplating code, but it cannot be activated until June or July (whenever the content is officially released). Best Buy gave out vouchers at a midnight release party for that case.

Plus, as someone above mentioned, the pass may go up only 160 points next week so it will still be cheap at 960 credits if someone needs it. The Naked City, and The Badge Pursuit apparently is combined on the Gamestop pre-order, but seperate on the official DLC marketplace, so that may explain why both are unchecked as not owned. It is actually combined into 1 file if you got the Gamestop DLC preorder.

It could be worse..... the people who made Fallout Vegas, did not take into consideration that people "might" have more than 4 DLC's. If people remember, there were 4 pre-order packs. one for wal-mart, best buy, gamestop and amazon. If you have all 4 installed, and then buy an official add-on DLC adventure for Fallout Vegas, the game will hange at detecting downloadable content. You can delete items down to 4, and the game will load and run fine, but the programmers never tested out what would happen if they installed all 6 DLC items for the game. They claim it will be patched before next official DLC, getting rid of the hard limit on DLC, but it makes you wonder, why is there a hard limit in there anyway.... They claimed they would have never thought people would own all the pre-order DLC. If its like the LA Noire DLC, it has achievements attached to the pre-order stuff. 200 points worth !!. wal-mart and gamestop dlc case I think. So developers need to start taking into consideration that some players can get their hands on multiple pre-orders before games are released. lol

Was the DLC in question included in the preorder disc(seperate disc). Games that include DLC on a disc has to be installed on the hard drive, and reinstalled if deleted. The DLC installed on the hard drive will not be checked because it was not purchased from the marketplace

XaperZ
06-20-2011, 03:41 PM
It is worth getting the pass, you get like 3 outfits and the two future dlc for free so yeh GET IT :D