PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice Please

Lavindathar
06-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Ok guys, I'm currently playing through the original and am well on my way to the 1000g. Only thing stood in my way really is another 10 or so platinum medals and some more naughty points for the 250million.

Anyway, as I think the 1000g is do-able I'm planning on getting the DLC episodes 9 and 10.

However, I've heard they are incredibly bugged.

At the moment I only have the original game + episode 8. Could you please offer some advice as to what order to download/install attempt the achievments at please, to try to minimise the bugs? I've tried reading through here, but it confused me :P

FateorDestiny
06-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Hey man,

Got your message on my 360 tonight and I got 1000 in it with no DLC at all. I remember back when I first got the game having certain DLC (Preorder costumes) bugged the game and made it crash all the time so I avoided it at all costs.

I didn't really do it in any particular order to be honest but I do remember tackling the game one chapter at a time. I counted the chapters and counted my platinums and figured out how many I needed to still get and then went for things I knew i could do. Easiest ones to platinum are the first stage, invisible (has lowest scores), Killer, and there's one other but if u can do all of those u shouldn't even have to pass a single top hat challenge on platinum although I got lucky and passed a few.

Basically once you get ur "Nutters" achievement you just replay one of the zombie stage maps over and over for like 3.5 mil a round is what I did to get the 250 million as quickly as possible. Some of the specific death sequences especially the one in Chapter 7 by roasting sunny on the fire took a lot of waiting and some trial and error but they are all doable. I haven't done any of the DLC cuz to be quite honest I was kinda sick of the game crashing on me after i got 1000 but I may revisit it later and get those achievs too.

I would say use the Sargeant bear costume I'm pretty sure is what I used for the most part as it had the most life and in some cases especially top hat challenges u need life. Make sure you are always doing different things to keep ur multiplier at 100x and memorize where the freeze multiplier items are as well. I would usually start out with like a fist punch, then pick up a weapon and hit another bear, then break something, then scare randomly, then break something, pick up a dif weapon and hit a bear a few times, and make sure you get as many bears to go crazy before you kill them as that will increase ur points if u have it at 100x. It's a game that takes some practice to master but definitely do-able.

I hope this post helps you some man and don't hesitate to hit me up on xbox live if you wanna chat or something If i'm not knee deep in somethin I don't mind helpin out :)

Take care and good luck!

~Fate~

Ok guys, I'm currently playing through the original and am well on my way to the 1000g. Only thing stood in my way really is another 10 or so platinum medals and some more naughty points for the 250million.

Anyway, as I think the 1000g is do-able I'm planning on getting the DLC episodes 9 and 10.

However, I've heard they are incredibly bugged.

At the moment I only have the original game + episode 8. Could you please offer some advice as to what order to download/install attempt the achievments at please, to try to minimise the bugs? I've tried reading through here, but it confused me :P

Danny Dibo
06-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Its really Not an easy 1250, but its very doable once you learn the level layouts. There's only 3 or 4 different areas, so learning them all won't be very difficult... Here's the easiest way I found to do it.

Original 1000: Download chapter 8, you can't use the chapter for platinum trophys, but the bear of platinum costume that comes with it makes the original 1000 much easier.

Chapter 9: Clear cache and delete chapter 8. Then download chapter 9. Get all points in chapter 9. Delete chapter 9.

Chapter 10: Clear Cache and if you haven't, delete chapter 9, then download chapter 10. complete chapter 10 achievements for full 1250.

Its Easier said then done, but this will at least make sure you don't run into any glitched achievements..

Lavindathar
06-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Cheers for both replies guys. Especially Danny Dibo, thats exactly what I was after so I don't encounter any glitches.

Cheers for your reply to Divine. I'm finding the game quite easy, just got 7-5 to get gold on for every costume in the game. Then its just getting the rest platinums. Think so far I've got 11 platinums without trying for them, so that means I've got to replay and get 17 more. The good thing is, most of my platinums came on either Top Hat challenges or later levels (I got platinum on every section of level 5), so it should leave some of the earlier levels free for me to get platinums on.

Now Danny - Does the DLC interfere with the original 1000? Lets say for instance, I install Chapter 9. I know the scores/platinums count towards the original achievments, but doesit bug it. basically, do I need to get the original 1000 before I attempt the DLC, or can I attempt the DLC and not glitch any of the original 1000 achievments?

DeekBoy
06-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Cheers for both replies guys. Especially Danny Dibo, thats exactly what I was after so I don't encounter any glitches.

Cheers for your reply to Divine. I'm finding the game quite easy, just got 7-5 to get gold on for every costume in the game. Then its just getting the rest platinums. Think so far I've got 11 platinums without trying for them, so that means I've got to replay and get 17 more. The good thing is, most of my platinums came on either Top Hat challenges or later levels (I got platinum on every section of level 5), so it should leave some of the earlier levels free for me to get platinums on.

Now Danny - Does the DLC interfere with the original 1000? Lets say for instance, I install Chapter 9. I know the scores/platinums count towards the original achievments, but doesit bug it. basically, do I need to get the original 1000 before I attempt the DLC, or can I attempt the DLC and not glitch any of the original 1000 achievments?

I just recently got the 1250 from this game. I had the DLC installed and it didn't affect the achievements for the original 1000 and the points count towards your total points. But remember with the DLC that to get 1 of the achievements you must do every chapter with a gold medal and not a platinum. If you do get a platinum you will want to redo it and get a gold. I would work on the original 1000 and then the DLC. When you do start the DLC I would start with ch. 10 since it is much more difficult than ch. 9. If you have any questions or concerns about a particular message you can message me on here or live or use instant messanger if you have it. I used this guide for a lot of the tougher levels and it helped a ton! Best of luck :D.

p.s. If you need an extra participant for the MP achieves let me know and I can join in and help out for them. The DLC needs 4 people and the original 1K only needs 1 other so if you need help let me know :).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=308012

Lavindathar
06-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Cheers for the post.

So you didnt find the DLC glitched the original 1000? Thats good to know. Bit annoying that if I get platinum I'd have to re-do it for gold, but not that big of a hassle really I guess!

Gonna try to grind out some more platinums this weekend, see where I end up. I've rented the game from Lovefilm, and if I dont 1000g it I'll be slightly annoyed. Unfortuunately, the platinums are going to be a major grind. Do I have it in me?

I've loved the game overall, but after playing it so much its finally getting a bit tiresome and repetitive.

DeekBoy
06-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Cheers for the post.

So you didnt find the DLC glitched the original 1000? Thats good to know. Bit annoying that if I get platinum I'd have to re-do it for gold, but not that big of a hassle really I guess!

Gonna try to grind out some more platinums this weekend, see where I end up. I've rented the game from Lovefilm, and if I dont 1000g it I'll be slightly annoyed. Unfortuunately, the platinums are going to be a major grind. Do I have it in me?

I've loved the game overall, but after playing it so much its finally getting a bit tiresome and repetitive.

That's why I would put the game down for a few days and come back to it. I would go crazy if I had to play that game non stop. The platinums are rough but if you can deal with them than you can push through them pretty quickly. check out that link that I posted and follow it because it helped me out loads when I was stuck.