PDA

View Full Version : RAGE of booty!

AccidentReport
06-01-2011, 10:10 PM
This game is absolute nonsense and stupidly difficult. Not only do you end up out numbered half the time but your "AI" parter (I use that term loosely as there's nothing intelligent about it) does whatever they want. If you could control you other ship then maybe it wouldn't be so bad but it just keeps running off and hiding. I've played the 7th level of medium about five times now and all I can do is hold the game to a stalemate. I've tried goin on a serious affensive but just end up having to go defensive in the end just to hold one town. At first I thought this game was a bit of good fun and I do enjoy a challenge but now it's just gone totally fucking stupid!

Freehand Japan
06-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah, the AI partners you get ruin this game in a big way. They never do anything useful, waste upgrades and die constantly so you lose even more resources. The game is fun but it would be ten times better if the AI wasn't so annoying and terrible.

Hawkeye1691
06-08-2011, 12:02 AM
lol Rage of Booty. :p

I know what you mean though, I'm on the last level on easy, and already the "A.I." is pissing me off. It does whatever it pleases basically... Wish it had two player local co-op as an option instead.

DaedHead88
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Just wait until you get to the last level on hard. It's fucking bullshit. You're outnumbered, all the other AI ships have tons of upgrades and the AI often wins within 5 minutes, no matter what you do. I just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to beat it and all I can do is hope that the next time I get lucky. Fuck this game and all other games where the developer felt the need to put a difficulty wall as a final level. It's a huge slap to the face of anyone who bought the game and played that far.

Corrupt.
08-19-2011, 03:10 AM
Big lot of bullshit, I've almost given up on this game...

BluWolve
08-19-2011, 03:27 AM
It is not that hard...

My tips instead of doing what you think is a good strategy;

Follow you AI ship. Since you can't make them go where you want you sort of have to be a follower (which is bullshit). So if AI goes for a city, go for the same one.

Hog the upgrades and power up boxes.

Always power up cannons first, then upgrade health and speed at the same time 1 to health then 1 to speed etc.

Make good use of your captured towns to replenish your health.

Know when to count a town as lost.

Upgrade one town at a time, because if the town gets captured then you lose the upgrade. It is better to have one town fully upgraded rather than 3 towns with one upgrade each.
I Passed the Last mission on Hard in one go, I shit you not

LUCKYMEWHEEEE
12-08-2011, 05:18 AM
It is not that hard...

My tips instead of doing what you think is a good strategy;

Follow you AI ship. Since you can't make them go where you want you sort of have to be a follower (which is bullshit). So if AI goes for a city, go for the same one.

Hog the upgrades and power up boxes.

Always power up cannons first, then upgrade health and speed at the same time 1 to health then 1 to speed etc.

Make good use of your captured towns to replenish your health.

Know when to count a town as lost.

Upgrade one town at a time, because if the town gets captured then you lose the upgrade. It is better to have one town fully upgraded rather than 3 towns with one upgrade each.

I Passed the Last mission on Hard in one go, I shit you not
thank for the tips

Moonsilk
03-25-2012, 07:13 PM
I just bought this game and started playing it a few days ago. I thought it was great fun but ya, the AI thing is really frustrating me. I wish it had a co-op play or let you control both ships! But thank you for the tips, I will see if it helps me. :)

Moonsilk

Optomistic
07-27-2012, 08:16 PM
I was lucky I guess.
First time I played medium #7, I passed it with ease. and with 9 mins left on the clock.

I have to say I was lucky because the other Pirates were too busy fighting each other and My AI partner went around conquering towns while I just took my time collecting supplies to upgrade my southern town....and I only upgraded it once.

Corrupt.
09-03-2012, 03:52 PM
It would be useful if anybody who had the harder ones nailed could capture footage and YouTube it as there is hardly any footage on there.