PDA

View Full Version : Who's buying this?

loganlogan80
06-01-2011, 11:57 PM
So who here is gonna buy this game? I't not sure yet. I loved MW2 but Black Ops disappointed me. I'll probably wait and see how my friends like it before I buy it.

AFreakinCabbag3
06-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I've liked all IW CoDs to date so its a buy.

veece16
06-02-2011, 12:32 AM
I'll get it. MW2 wasn't the best, but it's better than BO and WaW.

Dz06lt
06-02-2011, 12:46 AM
absolutley the SP will be amazing

Ice Car
06-02-2011, 03:03 AM
There should be more options...

I'm leaning more to the "Probably going to get it" side. But I voted not sure yet since it's the closest.

MC B0B x360a
06-02-2011, 03:27 AM
you may be surprised but I am on the fence about buying this. I still enjoy playing MW2 and I am dreading the fact of starting over at prestige one, and doing it all over again. I think i will at least wait a couple weeks for it to come out and see how it is. The fact that the last two FPS's i bought, Black Ops and Homefront, have been a huge a dissapointment for me, is adding to my hesitation. Right now I am just not ready for yet another FPS.

StillTIPPIN187
06-02-2011, 03:39 AM
I enjoy all IWs CoDs.. Especially the SP. So its a done deal. Game will be bought at midnight as soon as it drops.

KFZ Scrubs
06-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Since all my friends are buying this, yes. If not, I would wait a year before purchasing.

McGoogles
06-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Yes I will be purchasing it, but not on release. I'll wait for the price to drop whilst playing Battlefield 3.

Vegaskingz
06-02-2011, 06:37 AM
I will definitely buy it. Im willing to give IW a fair chance, I loved MW2 on release and i'm sure this will not disappoint.

AngelHeva
06-02-2011, 10:54 AM
yup, come release time my bf will be stood outside where ever he decides to buy it from to get it for me.

i only really play cod so i can't say if anything else is better than it? actually i did get my bf to buy medal of honor as the trailer looked really good... yes i was suckered in by advertising :( and that was absolute wank... so if that's the 'competition' cod has then i'm happy to stick with cod :\

i've no problems with cod either online or single player. i don't live in hope that every cod will be cod4 with a different name which alot of people seem to do :s x

ZingZitang
06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
To be blunt, I felt modern warfare 2 was mainstreamed, watered down garbage. Unless infinity ward, sledgehammer, or the other of the three development teams can show me something that makes me feel like this game wont be catering to 12 year olds and unskilled people, then I'll pass. I might still pick it up for the Hollywood Storyline, but just maybe.

MrIacob
06-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Day one buy. At least a month of fun so.. why not? I'll get BF3, too just not on day one.

KeyOfDarkness
06-02-2011, 05:08 PM
A lot of people are going to buy this game :V

I don't see the point of this topic :y I mean, people are going to buy it, you have COD fanatics, people who enjoy gaming, people who enjoy FPS games, people who enjoy multiplayer games.
The people who will visit this thread are the people who are looking forward to the game itself. Such as me, who will probably get the hardened edition on release :y

cutchinz
06-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Definitely buying this one because it'll be great, and the achievements will probably be fun :)

Spanish Assault
06-02-2011, 11:08 PM
yup, come release time my bf will be stood outside where ever he decides to buy it from to get it for me.

i only really play cod so i can't say if anything else is better than it? actually i did get my bf to buy medal of honor as the trailer looked really good... yes i was suckered in by advertising :( and that was absolute wank... so if that's the 'competition' cod has then i'm happy to stick with cod :\

i've no problems with cod either online or single player. i don't live in hope that every cod will be cod4 with a different name which alot of people seem to do :s x

Im assuming you are hot, cause guys only do stuff like this when a girl is hot.

To be blunt, I felt modern warfare 2 was mainstreamed, watered down garbage. Unless infinity ward, sledgehammer, or the other of the three development teams can show me something that makes me feel like this game wont be catering to 12 year olds and unskilled people, then I'll pass. I might still pick it up for the Hollywood Storyline, but just maybe.

you had so much potential...but it looks like you turned to the dark side...in the past you would state your opinion and give some well thought out reasons why...now you are just like the rest...recylcling the same cut and paste responces....sad.

As for me I'm lookin more forward to the new Assassins Creed...I'll also be getting Dungeon Siege III when the price drops...so I'll buy this eventually...Im still enjoying MW2.

Hamburgerous
06-03-2011, 07:47 AM

Or loose as 'owt.

AngelHeva
06-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Or loose as 'owt.

ooor... maybe he just knows it'll shut me up moaning? *shrug* :P x

Frozenghost001
06-03-2011, 11:39 AM
hell yea im gettin it! im gettin it before it comes out too i know some people who hook me up with all my games early. so if you guys need to know some stuff - just hit me up ill have it around a week or two before release!

JuSt BLaZe
06-03-2011, 12:43 PM
[x] For sure! How can you even ask...

TPF_Raiden
06-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Is this an attempt to achieve the most votes in a Poll for the forums? Because if it us, you're doing it right.

Hamburgerous
06-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Well you can be hot, easy or a moaner it would seem. We should put it to the vote.

JonnyNumber1
06-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I'll be getting this day one, gotta know what happens to Soap & Price lol.

Spanish Assault
06-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Im sure he'll be waiting in line for you so that you will moan.

Well you can be hot, easy or a moaner it would seem. We should put it to the vote.

I agree...we will need some photos...ones in bathing suits are preferred ;)

Coadster1
06-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Of course, no doubt about it. I already have it pre-ordered so I could get my poster and now I'm waiting for a Prestige Edition to be announced so I can upgrade to that.

James Bailey
06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I will definatly buy this. Loved all the Infinity Ward versions of COD over the Treyarch ones :D

FeatherbottomMR
06-06-2011, 05:31 PM
will be getting it day 1

Eazynem Makaveli
06-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Am buying MW3 day one. Just know this, IW did not develop Black Ops.

zomborg 21
06-06-2011, 07:23 PM
already have it pre-odered cant wait to play

Spanish Assault
06-07-2011, 09:08 PM
After seeing the AC Revelations Trailer I going to commit my time and $60 to that game first....I get so much more enjoyment from that series...I'll get this...after AC and Halo CE

koopakiller64
06-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Buying this for the MP with my friends and Skyrim for my SP experience. Should keep me occupied for quite some time.

Team Penguin
06-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Hated MW2, wasn't really thrilled with Black Ops. I'll probably give it a few weeks and see if it'll live up the hype. I'll definitely rent it though because I always enjoy playing single player.

TTD187
06-08-2011, 06:03 AM
I can't stand Call of Duty, but Duty Calls, that pretty much sums up my opinions of Call of Duty, crappy and cheesy voice acting, same lame ass story, same lame ass multiplayer, I'd pay 5 for it...

slayer8462
06-08-2011, 06:28 AM
All of the call of duty games are entertaining to me, whether they piss me off at times or not ... most definitely be picking this one up ... gonna be a good fall 2011 for the gaming world with all these badass games coming out

Nevander
06-08-2011, 07:43 AM
CoD is one of those types of games that I get no matter how good/bad it is. It's CoD ya know. So yea, I'm getting it. Mainly for campaign and the new spec-ops mode, but if they actually do the MP right, it may be the first one I get 10th prestige in willingly and devoted. CoD4 and MW2 I boosted the hell out of cage match, and Black Ops I'm just a 1st prestige.

MrJolly22
06-08-2011, 07:59 AM
To be honest, I doubt I will buy MW3 but get Battlefield 3 instead. Battlefield 3 just looks more fresh and attractive.

Burnout x360a
06-08-2011, 08:27 AM
I can't stand Call of Duty, but Duty Calls, that pretty much sums up my opinions of Call of Duty, crappy and cheesy voice acting, same lame ass story, same lame ass multiplayer, I'd pay 5 for it...

I agree that the voice acting is generally lame except for World at War, that game had great voice acting.

Vegaskingz
06-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Buying this for the MP with my friends and Skyrim for my SP experience. Should keep me occupied for quite some time.

This. Excellent choice. Skyrim at E3 has exceeded all my expectations, good lord.

mejimmeh45
06-18-2011, 09:47 AM
I might get it, i havn't seen enough of the features and any multi gameplay. Even thought i completly hated MW2 and was very close to completly trashing it, this one might be redeem modern warfare. On another note why does everyone hate black ops? I thought it was awesome even though it got a bit boring after a while.

Tatanko
06-18-2011, 07:52 PM
CoD is one of those types of games that I get no matter how good/bad it is. It's CoD ya know. So yea, I'm getting it.
People with your mentality are the reason COD games still get made and continue to get worse with every release.

I won't be buying it, especially not on day one. I may rent it to play the single player and I will at least give the multiplayer a try before I discredit it completely. End of the day though, unless they pull out every trick in the bag this is just going to be the same COD game all over again. Such a shame, I used to be a huge fan of the series.

Rorikon Sensei
06-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Im getting it because SP is usually great in CoD, but I know I will rage in MP thanks to campers:(

Hamburgerous
06-19-2011, 01:49 AM
People with your mentality are the reason COD games still get made and continue to get worse with every release.

I won't be buying it, especially not on day one. I may rent it to play the single player and I will at least give the multiplayer a try before I discredit it completely. End of the day though, unless they pull out every trick in the bag this is just going to be the same COD game all over again. Such a shame, I used to be a huge fan of the series.

So CoD is judged on a different yardstick to all other games? It has to completely reinvent its self every time for you to even consider it? How does that make any sense?

People with your mentality are the reason I hate going on forums sometimes. There is nothing worse than a fan turned hater that loses sight of all traces of reason and logic.

Dexter010
06-19-2011, 04:26 AM
I gonna buy this game when the price have dropped. And I only buy it for the story.

Tatanko
06-19-2011, 05:14 AM
So CoD is judged on a different yardstick to all other games? It has to completely reinvent its self every time for you to even consider it? How does that make any sense?

People with your mentality are the reason I hate going on forums sometimes. There is nothing worse than a fan turned hater that loses sight of all traces of reason and logic.
I think you're reading way too much into what I'm saying. Excuse me for my strong wording. What I'm trying to say is, it's incredibly retarded to buy a game simply "just because". You're buying it JUST because it's COD. That's a lack of reason and logic. That's the worst reason ever to buy something. At the very least lie and say you're buying it because it looks good. When I said "people with your mentality" I'm referring to the same group of people who also buys the newest version of their favorite sports game every year. It's the same damn game just with a fresh label on it. I consider those people to be lazy-minded video game players who can't think for themselves.

I'm also not asking COD to reinvent itself with every release. That would be impossible when you're trying to release a new one every year. Only games like the Elder Scrolls could pull that off because they pretty much start from scratch every time except for connecting story elements. Instead of reinventing themselves (which at this point needs to happen anyway), a little innovation once and a while wouldn't hurt. The additions of callsigns and ridiculous killstreaks don't count as innovation.

I was a fan of the COD series when it was the leading edge of FPS. I got 10th Prestige on both Modern Warfare games without any boosting, grinding, whatever you want to call it. I'm not a fan turned hater, I'm still a fan of the old COD games. One more thing to consider: the most popular thing isn't always the best thing.

Perhaps you don't like going on forums because you dislike hearing dissenting opinion :rolleyes: But what would the world be like if we couldn't argue about stuff?

SubG3nius
06-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I know I will end up getting this on release, so there is no point denying it.

Pixo
06-19-2011, 05:01 PM
I already spent money on WaW, MW2 and Black Ops, and they all weren't that great, so I'm taking a wild guess on this one that this is gonna be about the same. So no, I'm not buying unless I see some different MP gameplay. The last good COD game was COD4 though, so I'm not gonna hold my breath on this.

Even if I do buy it I'll probably be playing Gears 3 most of the time. That's the only thing that I'm definetly getting at the end of the year.

Hamburgerous
06-19-2011, 06:05 PM
I think you're reading way too much into what I'm saying. Excuse me for my strong wording. What I'm trying to say is, it's incredibly retarded to buy a game simply "just because". You're buying it JUST because it's COD. That's a lack of reason and logic. That's the worst reason ever to buy something. At the very least lie and say you're buying it because it looks good. When I said "people with your mentality" I'm referring to the same group of people who also buys the newest version of their favorite sports game every year. It's the same damn game just with a fresh label on it. I consider those people to be lazy-minded video game players who can't think for themselves.

I'm also not asking COD to reinvent itself with every release. That would be impossible when you're trying to release a new one every year. Only games like the Elder Scrolls could pull that off because they pretty much start from scratch every time except for connecting story elements. Instead of reinventing themselves (which at this point needs to happen anyway), a little innovation once and a while wouldn't hurt. The additions of callsigns and ridiculous killstreaks don't count as innovation.

I was a fan of the COD series when it was the leading edge of FPS. I got 10th Prestige on both Modern Warfare games without any boosting, grinding, whatever you want to call it. I'm not a fan turned hater, I'm still a fan of the old COD games. One more thing to consider: the most popular thing isn't always the best thing.

Perhaps you don't like going on forums because you dislike hearing dissenting opinion :rolleyes: But what would the world be like if we couldn't argue about stuff?

That's the second reason I don't like forum. Context is often lost in text.

But now that you've made it clearer what you meant, I agree with you entirely. Thanks for the clarity.

Tatanko
06-19-2011, 06:40 PM
That's the second reason I don't like forum. Context is often lost in text.

But now that you've made it clearer what you meant, I agree with you entirely. Thanks for the clarity.
Same reason I hate texting on my cell phone. Anyway, yeah, enough out of me until the game comes out and I can actually play it to judge it.

I knew we were both reasonable people :blunt

DEG23
06-21-2011, 03:03 AM
Main reason it's a buy for me, is the campaign, just want to see what happens next. But also because COD multiplayer is one of those games i can play when i come home from work and want to relax and not become obsessed with tactical gameplay because it requires no real thinking, it's just Run, Gun, Die, Repeat.

MW3 will be my weekday game and BF3 will be my weekend game, at least until Skyrim comes along and becomes a full time obsession, i'm even pushing my work to allow me to work from home come October:)

gravelandx88
07-11-2011, 04:00 AM
So who here is gonna buy this game? I't not sure yet. I loved MW2 but Black Ops disappointed me. I'll probably wait and see how my friends like it before I buy it.

Agreed! :goodpost

JASEL84
07-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Day 1 100%

GhostFalcon3
07-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Yes, but will probably get it for christmas instead of release day. Unfortunatley though, I probably wont play it that much due to school work.

AKirk93
07-16-2011, 09:20 PM
I won't get this day 1 since there are two many other big games (read Skyrim) coming out at pretty much the same time. The sp for MW is always enjoyable though so I will get it eventually.

MxPx
07-16-2011, 09:24 PM
I've disliked all IW Cods, but I'll probably get it anyways.

Dusty2010
07-18-2011, 05:34 PM
I'll get it on release day. I only had MW2 for a week before my PS3 went kaput and I never bothered to fix it. I've been putting off MW2 for a while and I'm hanging for my MW multiplayer fix, it's just impossible to get in to a game of CoD4 that isn't a 1 bar connection.

It's going to be a crazy month a bit for gamers

Arkham City
BF3
MW3
Skyrim

Looks like I should apply for holidays just to play video games lol

Opiate42
07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Already on pre-order.

Trendin
08-04-2011, 12:50 AM
I'll be getting this since it's modern warfare. Anything Treyarch puts out now I will wait a while to see if it's good. Although it's sad infinity lost most of their team so I doubt the gameplay will be any different. If it's sucks I'll always have gears of war 3 and bf3 to play.

TheWifesGoneOut
08-05-2011, 07:20 AM
I will be getting it, i've pre-ordered already but will it be as good i dont know, but it certainly has to be better than anything treyarch releases

mmac001
08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
All of the COD games are great Gamefly games. For those of us not big into online gaming, they're good games but you have to pace yourself so you don't finish them in a couple of days. So not a buyer for me but definitely going on the Gamefly list.

The Elite Elite
08-12-2011, 03:59 PM
If I had answered this question a week ago, my answer would have been a hell no. But, after hearing some of the confirmed changes to the game's multiplayer in one of the other threads here, I am now sitting on the fence about it. I'm planning to pick up MW2 sometime soon (now that I can get it for a more reasonable price), so how much I enjoy the over-the-top story of that might also influence my decision. But I still want to wait and hear more about it before I decide anything. (and no matter what, I have no plans of getting it on release day)

CoregBlue1
08-16-2011, 05:35 PM
gonna get it but only for special ops with a few friends. multiplayer is pretty crap in COD.

BF3 for the MP since its best hyaaa!

Rep
08-16-2011, 05:40 PM
My local Gamestop held a tournament last year for Black Ops at release day. The winner would receive the Prestige Edition for free. There were only around 12-15 people there and I came out winning. I hope they do it this year for MW3 as well just so I can try to get it for free again. I'm probably just going to be playing this game for fun, spec-ops/survival, whatever co-op gamemode there is. Not really going to care for the multi-player this year.

Suiken
08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Call of Duty hit its peak with Modern Warfare and has been declining ever since. After MW2, I decided to not buy another CoD game. I was then given Black Ops as a gift from a friend at Activision, and that game sucked too.

In the interim I was looking for a shooter that satisfied me and I discovered Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Since that discovery I've not even considered Call of Duty anymore.

Why on earth would I buy MW3 when BF3 looks superior in every single way?

Battlefield 3: Caspian Border Gameplay - YouTube

Battlefield 3 - Official Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

AFreakinCabbag3
08-17-2011, 04:31 PM

Maybe you'll find the answer to that when BF people stop preaching and trying to convert the players which apparently they don't like or want.

Suiken
08-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Maybe you'll find the answer to that when BF people stop preaching and trying to convert the players which apparently they don't like or want.

Ok I'll stop preaching. Tell me what MW3 has over BF3...

Hamburgerous
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Ok I'll stop preaching. Tell me what MW3 has over BF3...

They're not even worth comparing. Battlefield 3 will be an amazing game, no doubt. But it puts a big focus on vehicular combat which Modern Warfare doesn't.

For frenetic urban combat go with MW3, for vehicular combat and massive scale wars go BF3. That's all there is to the discussion. Everything else is fan boyism and stupid, considering you've played neither.

Suiken
08-17-2011, 05:00 PM
For frenetic urban combat go with MW3, for vehicular combat and massive scale wars go BF3. That's all there is to the discussion. Everything else is fan boyism and stupid, considering you've played neither.

I'll give it to you that MW has the "frenetic" down, although there is no substance behind it other than running around like a lunatic in a map the size of a tennis court. I guess if twitch, reaction based gameplay is the absolute #1 priority for someone MW is the better choice...but thats about it.

Having said that, I still think the urban fights in BF are better due to the destructible environments and better spawning system.

Hamburgerous
08-17-2011, 05:11 PM
I'll give it to you that MW has the "frenetic" down, although there is no substance behind it other than running around like a lunatic in a map the size of a tennis court. I guess if twitch, reaction based gameplay is the absolute #1 priority for someone MW is the better choice...but thats about it.

Having said that, I still think the urban fights in BF are better due to the destructible environments and better spawning system.

Destructible environments would take away from what made the map design in MW2 so clever. If they had it in CoD, I wouldn't play it.

But way to expound your opinion in a way that doesn't at all sound like you're drinking the BF3 Kool-Aid and biased.

StillTIPPIN187
08-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Lol at the kid trying to convert players to buy BF3.. Smh posting Ytube vids of the game lol.

If ppl want both.. they will buy both. No need to do EA marketing for them.

although they need all the help they can get, The Pre Orders for BF3 are terrible.. especially on PC and PS3. Gears of War 3 is surprisingly, as of right now, has more Pre orders than MW3 and BF3 in America.

Hamburgerous
08-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Lol at the kid trying to convert players to buy BF3.. Smh posting Ytube vids of the game lol.

If ppl want both.. they will buy both. No need to do EA marketing for them.

although they need all the help they can get, The Pre Orders for BF3 are terrible.. especially on PC and PS3. Gears of War 3 is surprisingly, as of right now, has more Pre orders than MW3 and BF3 in America.

Ermmmm . . . is that surprising? Gears comes out much sooner than MW3 and earlier than BF3 as well and is a huge gaming series. Doesn't mean final sales will be higher at all, just means it's happening sooner.

Burnout x360a
08-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Ermmmm . . . is that surprising? Gears comes out much sooner than MW3 and earlier than BF3 as well and is a huge gaming series. Doesn't mean final sales will be higher at all, just means it's happening sooner.

Exactly, doesn't Gears 3 come out in like September? That would pretty much explain it.

savok1
08-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Been on pre order for a year!

SpectreSoldier
09-02-2011, 09:29 PM
D1 for me
I'll pick the hardened edition

koopakiller64
09-03-2011, 12:26 AM
After seeing some MW3 MP videos, I'm a bit hesitant. They're introducing a ton of new ideas so I just wanna wait a little bit and see what the community thinks of it.

clokey
09-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Will definetely buy it day one although not sure which edition yet.

Crosby v2
09-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I think they shouldn't release a "new" Call of Duty every year! From time to time this is getting boring, eventhough all every CoD is supposed to be a bit different than the one before it... Since I haven't bought Black Ops (and I'm quite happy with that decision) I'm pretty sure that I'll buy this one again. Not only because I liked the other 2 Modern Warfare games, but also because I'm not really a fan of all that battlefield style (don't get me wrong please, but I just recommend the gameplay of CoD's) .
What do you guys think? Will this game be as successfull as Modern Warfare 2?

AFreakinCabbag3
09-03-2011, 05:05 PM
What do you guys think? Will this game be as successfull as Modern Warfare 2?

So long as it has the same fun factor I think it will be up there.

Outline
09-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Because you could not be a fanboy and enjoy both for different reasons :)

I'm picking this up.

Infinity Ward are far from perfect, especially when it comes to post-release support, but their game (and line of the engine) are too satisfying to play to avoid.

Expecting it to have problems, and not be as polished or fun as releases such as Battlefield... But at the end of the day, it's still an triple A title, and there's a lot of shitter games coming out.

Won't be buying another Treyarch game on the other hand.

MxPx
09-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Of course I'm getting this. Let's just hope IW doesn't let the hackers start abusing MW3 until AFTER Treyarch's next game comes out. ;)