PDA

View Full Version : Achievements... not so easy?

ChaosTheoryV2X
06-02-2011, 05:30 AM
So yeah.. I was liking this game for the most part but despite the achievement descriptions leading us to believe they are easy... a lot of this games hidden crap is straight ridiculous. Pretty annoyed after leaving chapter 4 having no idea that was going to happen and not getting to do the shield puzzle as it really gave me zero clue as to where I was supposed to do, what I was supposed to do. Also the pillars achievement w/ the minotaur... there was only 1 part I ran into w/ a minotaur and pillars nearby and I couldnt get him to charge into any so I figured it was somewhere else... I'm somehow really lacking in dragon tears as well :(.. and even going back to the first chapter I have no idea how to get that achievement (the running away wargar..) /sigh. If only someone had a prima guide =P

dmfaust
06-02-2011, 10:03 AM
In other words those of us who haven't started playing yet should probably hold off a week or two for others to do the hard part for us? :D

Tonic24k
06-02-2011, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't make such hasty judgements yet. There are bound to be methods and strategies figured out soon enough. I would enjoy the game for now while you're already playing it and go back once the more difficult achievements get the guide treatment.

x360a Intensity
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
chaos if you message me on xbox i will tell you how to get the fleeing wargar achievement its hard to explain over the computer so just chat me on xbox my gamertag is intensity cr

streckster
06-02-2011, 06:36 PM
The fleeing wargar achievement is done right before you enter the area with the first epic weapons.You have a shallow "alley" right in front of you, and two wargars comes into frame halfway into the alley from the left and starts running away from you.Kill one of them with a spell or an arrow.

ChaosTheoryV2X
06-02-2011, 07:56 PM
yeah so.. the gold achievement seems like you have to play through the entire game 4 times... pretty dissapointed in the way this game handled collectibles, I had fun but I don't know If I'm even going to do subsequent playthroughs, not sure its worth the headache if i can't get the full 1000, depressing :S. Not to mention there must be some ridiculous ways to do secrets.. I missed like 15, somehow missed most dragon tears, 1 prisoner, who knows how many crystals, like 6 death stone corpses... and I searched every nook and cranny as i played through... there must be random stupid ways to get secrets seriously :(. (Like random stuff to light or push or w/e... )

Also its really retarded that there's no tracker for what you've found in each level. Essentially you have to use a guide from beginning to end to ensure success... quite sad. This stuff should really be second nature these days for games.

St4rf0x3r
06-02-2011, 08:05 PM
You can always move on to another game and come back to this one after the detailed achievement guide and walkthroughs are completed.

Taz3r94
06-02-2011, 08:20 PM
I know most of the stuff in the game, a buddy and I spent the past 3 days scouring everywhere for stuff, we missed 1 slave, 2 dragon tears, 6 bodies, and iono how many crystals since they're so abundant, I only needed 2 more 3rd tier spells so my guess is roughly 20. If anyone wants a hand, I'm looking for an extra pair of eyes for the collectibles. I also have most of the level specific achievements or know where to get them. If anyone is interested send TaZ3R94 a message and I'll see what I can do to help

Numbthumb
06-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Well - I'll say this: All of the "Finish Chapter 1 as Caddoc" achievements can be done after you finish the game by selecting mission select, and picking the last checkpoint and finishing them as the character you haven't got the achievement with yet.

That makes that part really easy. And it's really easy to track down collectibles if you know where they are because of the select points too.

ChaosTheoryV2X
06-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah if you know where they are Nristen but the problem is until theres a full guide out its impossible to know what levels have what and where your missing specific collectibles. You could spend 3 hours in 1 chapter thats already fully collected on :s.

Also another tip, like the boss thing, you can do the drink sleg this way too, in other words its a must to play thru w/o any sleg first time than you can just go drink sleg at like 6.3 or 6.4 i forget which (thinkin its .4) and boom, ding ;).