PDA

View Full Version : To Drink or Not

IDiivil
06-03-2011, 08:36 AM
The achievement for only one person drinking sleg and neither players drinking sleg is easy, but I'm slightly confused about one thing due to the manner in which the game allows you to replay chapters.

Let's say you drank the sleg your first playthrough and got that achievement... Do you need to start a New Game+ and clear out your character progress to get the achievement for not drinking sleg, then? Will the game count that you starting from the beginning of the chapter and re-working your way up through it as not drinking it if you avoid it?

Just wondering how the game views that. Let me know if you know, thanks.

scorpy78
06-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I did it another way, played the whole game with Elara, no drinks, got all boss achievements with her and the "no drink" achievement.

Then I loaded each level's last chapter, choose Cadoc, beat all the bosses and it also gives you all boss related achievements, and in level 5 in last chapter you start right in front of a sleg, drink it, continue on, beat all the bosses with him and you'll get all boss related achievements with him along with "to drink" achievement.
It worked for me this way so try it out

IDiivil
06-04-2011, 02:38 AM
... so smart. Mind if I use that tip for my guide and credit you with that?

scorpy78
06-04-2011, 03:23 AM
... so smart. Mind if I use that tip for my guide and credit you with that?

of course, feel free to add this to your guide

BrassBallz
06-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I played the whole game with Elara, no drinks, got all boss achievements with her and the "no drink" achievement.

I did it this way as well. If you play on Casual, Use Elara and focus on upgrading Pyre Blast and the shield breaker (forgot the spell name) it's cake. I never used a "spell" even once.

Sol007
06-08-2011, 05:19 AM
I can't confirm this, but on the PS3 site someone did mention they were unable to remove the effects of sleg, mainly because once you drink it, and the game saves you've permanently told the game you've drank sleg and will be forced to see the bad ending, adventure+ erases everything so it's pretty much like you never even drank the sleg, I can confirm this because I drank it the first time, since tweaks can make the playthrough without with sleg almost as easy as if you drank it