PDA

View Full Version : I just don't understand. Does TT not devote enough time to bug testing?

Knehcs
06-05-2011, 07:05 AM
I've had more problems with this game than any other game I've played. Nothing has ruined my completion percentage as of yet or glitched any achievements on me, but I've had to replay at least three levels now because the game froze on me (three separate occasions). (I think they were all somehow linked to opening/closing the compass, actually.) Just now Jack got stuck in a wall on The Brethren Court (AWE-4) and I had to restart with no way to get him out.

I just don't understand how so many bugs make it to the final release. Does TT not spend enough time testing for glitches or what? I experienced a few freezes in Hogwarts while playing LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (and also had an achievement glitch on me), but it still wasn't anything like this. I don't mean to just bitch about the game-- I am a big fan of LEGO games and will still buy more after this one-- but what is it that causes so many problems? And why is there little to no post-release support? I don't remember patches for any previous LEGO games.

bLaKgRaVy
06-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I posted in another thread that it's probably not the disc (or it would happen to everyone, not just select people), but the individual consoles. Maybe they're not ventilated well, maybe some are older than others, who knows? Has anyone written in if it has frozen on the Slim models? Or the Elite models? Or refurbished systems? It can be a number of factors as to why it glitches/freezes for some and not for others.

Also, do the freezes/glitches occur on the PS3?

I personally have never had a Lego game glitch or freeze on me whatsoever, but I'm one of the few lucky ones. My brother-in-law has had SW II, SW: TSC, Indy 2 and Harry Potter freeze on him, but not glitch. We played off the same disc, so I know it's not a disc thing. He's playing on a refurbished system (his RROD'd on him). I'm playing on an Arcade system (an older one that hasn't RROD'd. Both my previous Premium and Core systems RROD'd on me. I have the Core system refurbished that I use as a backup).

Maybe it's a simple thing that it doesn't bug/glitch/freeze for the TT developers. It's like when a developer puts online into their games. There's never any slowdown, server issues, can't find matches, etc, when they're playtesting because they are all running off the same network, not different ones all around the world, with different providers, NAT issues, connection speed, etc. I just don't know why developers haven't learned that by now. Yeah, it's gonna work just fine in-house, but distribute it to five million people, it's not gonna work as well. It happens with every CoD game.

As far as I know, there haven't been any patches for any Lego games except the announced one for Indy 2, and that was to add online play five months after it's release. I don't know if they ever did it, because I finished the game before they were supposed to go live with the patch. Maybe they feel that for the 750k units they've sold and they only hear of maybe 50k glitching/freezing, it's not worth the effort to program a patch. Or it's because they know it's not something that's on the disc (as I and by bro-in-law have proven), it has to do with the individual consoles. How do you create a patch for that? You can't.

A ZombieTwinkie
06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
I haven't had a single problem while playing this game.

Come to think of it, I don't recall having a single problem with glitches/games freezing on any of the other Lego Games. (I've played all except the Harry Potter one)

dark harlequin5
06-06-2011, 05:12 AM
iv had it freeze only once and i have the slim model. but that was becuase it overheated becuase i ha dbeen playing for almost 9 hours straight with no cooling off period.

Howling Mad Rik
06-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I had it freezing a few times

Only other game to cause freezing has been LA Noire, to the point of having given up on that which is far more annoying than Lego Pirates

Console couldnt be better ventilated, nothing on top or around it, and as its an old Hitachi drive that has been clamped, and I have also cut out the plastic and metal case fan shrouds, short of replacing the fans not much else can be done

Didnt affect me getting the full 1000G though

It would freeze at random places no real reason, cant exactly see it being a burden on the processing capabilities of a 360 :D

moonbootz27
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I had the game freeze a couple of times, same as star wars tcs and indy 2. all i done is install to the hard drive problem fixed, come to think of it thats the first thing i do if a game freezes

Tomcat31
06-06-2011, 02:04 PM
I have the slim model and this game has frozen on me three times now twice in the hub and once during a story level but to no detrimental effect.

This is the first Lego game that has frozen/glitched on me and I have played all the others except rock band and the original star wars

UncleJohnBoy
06-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I haven't had a single problem while playing this game.

Come to think of it, I don't recall having a single problem with glitches/games freezing on any of the other Lego Games. (I've played all except the Harry Potter one)

My only problem with me doing the game is...........ME
Played FOUR times thinking I had got a glitch and realised it was just me!

PyreBall
06-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I have had several freezes, including one that cost me a Red Hat and three achievements. I tried installing it but it's frozen once or twice since I did that. This is the only Lego game that I've had problems with. What's really depressing is that I bought this new.

Djens
06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
so far no freezing for me. The only freezing problems i had with lego were in the Harry Potter game.

jtredsox
06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
this game has froze for me three times, hopefully no more.
i'm tired of replaying these crappy levels

DENAz666
06-13-2011, 04:33 AM
No probs for me yet. No freezes, and I've been careful to avoid the red hat glitch