PDA

View Full Version : E3 Video Leaked - Gears of War PC version

KMB 316
07-07-2007, 12:56 AM
supposedly the montage for gears of war pc being showed at e3, DLC for 360 hopefully!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXPZjHx0OAs

infradude
07-07-2007, 01:17 AM
That looks wickid sick dude. If there is DLC for Gears I will get it! And facing that thing with the gun attached to the back is sick as well. :woop:
But PC Verison you say? I dont see anything in the video that it says for PC. And if it is going to be realeased on PC it is probaly only going to be on gay Windows Vista. *sigh*

Jdm
07-07-2007, 01:32 AM
WOW! So that's the PC version, huh? We'll see if it's true or not. It looks very interesting nevertheless.

Maybe they'll let us download the goodies on XBL, so we can play with players on the PC version. You here that M$ and Epic?;)

eXiled Killah
07-07-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm hoping they'll keep making PC games with achievements so I can switch back when this box breaks:p

KMB 316
07-07-2007, 02:07 AM
it was leaked by accident on gamevideos(or gametrailers) forget which as "gears of war pc e3 montage" or something along those lines, they hurried and took it off.

The Pants Party
07-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I can confirm that's the PC version, if you notice at 23 seconds a little gray box pops up. That's what happens on the PC when you sign in, get achievements or friends come online. That also leads me to believe it will be a Vista-only achievement game.

Cyrex
07-07-2007, 04:09 PM
i don't think there will be DLC for the 360 because they already have the 1250 maximum and i doubt they will make content for the game without putting in the achievements

bplayak
07-07-2007, 05:41 PM
This disappoints me greatly. If they really make the PC version THAT different from the 360, especially with this popular a game, they HAVE to make the majority of it available via DLC for the 360. And I think they definitely would make it available without new achievements,people will most certainly pay for it, lol. PLUS it's not like microsoft can't change it's policy on achievements again, they already have once. They could make their policy state that you could create 250 gamerscore extra PER expansion pack. Oblivion set the benchmark for 1250 gamerscore, why not have gears set the benchmark for 1500 gamerscore. Anyway, the video does look cool, I want to fight a Brumak!

deathbypig37x
07-07-2007, 05:47 PM
So THIS is the thread you were talking about Pants? Well it seems this thread was here first so...
Anway, I don't think they're making it Vista only. Windows Live ID can work for XP too, and I hear the developers really want to make it available on XP too.
Again, no matter what, it still looks frickin' awesome.

PhotoJ
07-07-2007, 06:19 PM
More gears of war SP is a good thing, but I wouldn't really mind if it stayed on PC- I've played the hell out of gears.

Looks cool anyway.

sln333
07-07-2007, 06:42 PM
i think they should have the maps that are on pc as dlc for the 360. if they did they should be free, i don't want to pay for maps again.

Ghost x360a
07-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Wow, I hope they bring some of this to the 360, I was dissapointed to not be able to fight a Brumak in the 360 version.

Graywolf117
07-08-2007, 01:09 AM
I would have to say that it's DLC for 360, only because if you look at when the player is in cover/swapping weapons/reviving, it shows a diamond formation of buttons and the button shown to press is shaped like a circle.

D0cman88
07-08-2007, 03:43 AM
IF they have alot of new content then I think it will be like a Gears 1.5 and have 1000 new gamerscore (or 1250 eventually) Because almost all of those segments looked new, and this would be a great way for MS to get gamers who bought a 360 for Gears to buy Vista for Gears.

We shall see next week!

ac2565
07-08-2007, 05:29 AM
IF they have alot of new content then I think it will be like a Gears 1.5 and have 1000 new gamerscore (or 1250 eventually) Because almost all of those segments looked new, and this would be a great way for MS to get gamers who bought a 360 for Gears to buy Vista for Gears.

We shall see next week!
yeah probably Gear 1.5 if not Gear 2.
This is not an to the regular Gow game considering the fact that someone unlocks an achievement even though GoW is already filled with the maixmum # of gamerscore earned unless the achievements are 0 points. Thus being GoW 1.5. I know it sounds weird but that is what I think.

Redcyclone105
07-08-2007, 06:09 AM
How do you guys know that 1250 is max? What's stopping MS from increasing it to 1500? (I'm just asking out of curiosity)

Bax x360a
07-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah 1250 is max, and that video really makes me want to play through the gears campaign again!! looks awesome

Adam Miller
07-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Looks good, not sure if i will get it for PC but lets hope the DC is for 360 and 1250 is definately the max.:)

keiblerfan69
07-08-2007, 07:41 PM
i don't think there will be DLC for the 360 because they already have the 1250 maximum and i doubt they will make content for the game without putting in the achievements

Well I wouldn't be surprised to see MS raise it for 1500 just so they can release this content on 360.

ac2565
07-09-2007, 05:03 AM
How do you guys know that 1250 is max? What's stopping MS from increasing it to 1500? (I'm just asking out of curiosity)

The fact that it is simply retarted to add 250 points just for one game.

Clipse 2
07-09-2007, 05:45 AM
You know when the 360 was about to come out I did a ton of research. One thing that came to mind about DLC was that it made games endless in a sense. A game could come out and have an ending but then after so long it could have updates, a full new act if you will. It would put an end to the gap between a game and its sequel.

I just have this hard time believing this would be only for the PC. It's not like the original, it has addition content, and MS already said there won't be a PC version. Now I know companies lie about all kinds of things, but this one's steep. If its true and is the PC version of Gears with all the added content of course I'll buy it and play the hell out of it. But I'll also be sending Cliffy B a nasty note complaining about having to spend the money for the game and upgrading to Vista (if its Vista only); its just ridiculous.

Graywolf117
07-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Like I said before, the interface appears to be like on 360 so It will most likely be a sort of expansion pack. What I think it will be is something like Gears Of War:-Insert snazzy name here- when pulled up on the dashboard and will have a stand alone achievement system, like others have suggested

DARK LORD RYAN
07-10-2007, 11:08 AM
This would be so cool having to play gears of war again on pC!!! I love this game!!!

Bluntman428
07-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Gears of War 2 maybe? ;)

Rocket
07-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Gears of War 2 maybe? ;)

That was my thoughts when I first viewed the video...who's to say the EPIC and Cliffy B weren't lying when they said there wouldn't be a Gears 2 at E3?

But I also could see this as a new act to download. With a full 250gs added on or not. This could be like someone mentioned above, the inbetween. What goes on between Act 5 of Gears 1 and what happens in Act 1 of Gears 2. Could also be the PC version. But why screw your fanbase if this if for PC's? Give the PC players more than your original fans? The ones that have shelled out $70.00 at least on Gears already? Only time will tell, and we are getting closer and closer to that time...my hope is that its new DLC with a final chapter for the first game....with or without 250gs, doesn't matter to me. If I gotta pay, you know what, I'll pay, I'm a Gears Whore....

Captainwizard
07-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Surely Epic are more worried about actully getting UT3 out to people now considering the release date is still 'its out when its ready'. And gears was the big test of the Unreal 3 engine so they could make sure they can perfect Unreal Tournament 2007/UT3. It gears may not be great on the PC anyway, 3rd persons are always dodgy(personal opinion). if it is tough i hope it is Games for Windows Live and Vista only. It wouldbe good kick up 'stubborn' peoples asses to actully get vista (no one says you have to pay for it). You can play Shadowrun and Halo2 on XP withsome cracking but as far as i amaware not on live whichis pretty much pointless where shadowrun is concerned. Vista is well worth it though...and if people say its sluggish etc...it means you need to upgrade your pc anyway. if vista is sluggish then you games will run shite. If it is a vista only release, by the time epic drag it out most people who playgames will be on vista anyway, people aren't gonna be happy playing crysis on DX9 when DX10is ready and waiting.

Does anyone know if Epic actully announced the realease date for Unreal Tournament 3 at E3 cos they were supposed to. It would be good to know

SengIV
07-11-2007, 12:53 AM
we find out tonight if this is real or not.

Clipse 2
07-11-2007, 04:28 AM
Confirmed. Cliffy B came out on stage and demo'd it himself. 5 new chapters, and a few additional things for mutliplayer. Nothing was mentioned about DLC for the 360.

Graywolf117
07-11-2007, 04:34 AM
GAY. Ah well. It would not have mattered for me anyway. I traded Gears in. It got really annoying online. Too many retarded situations happening. But yeah, all you Gears fans, have fun with this new content ;)

bplayak
07-11-2007, 04:37 AM
Confirmed. Cliffy B came out on stage and demo'd it himself. 5 new chapters, and a few additional things for mutliplayer. Nothing was mentioned about DLC for the 360.

Just to add to yours, more specifically a new multiplayer mode and maps, Cliffy B also said new Achievements.

Bluntman428
07-11-2007, 04:58 AM

Wait, 5 new chapters on the 360 or for the PC?

If they made the new stuff a PC exclusive I'm gonna burn my Gears of War disc right now.

Clipse 2
07-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Wait, 5 new chapters on the 360 or for the PC?

If they made the new stuff a PC exclusive I'm gonna burn my Gears of War disc right now.
For the PC, nothing was said about the 360 version. Had I been there I'd have punched Cliffy B in his smiling face. Deep down though I have a feeling by popular demand they'll have to release the new chapters on Live, probably at an expansion pack rate like Shivering Isles of Oblivion (2400 MS points).

bplayak
07-11-2007, 05:13 AM
For the PC, nothing was said about the 360 version. Had I been there I'd have punched Cliffy B in his smiling face. Deep down though I have a feeling by popular demand they'll have to release the new chapters on Live, probably at an expansion pack rate like Shivering Isles of Oblivion (2400 MS points).

LOL, too funny Clipse!!!! And great updates on everything tonight!!! And I really really hope they do release everything as an update over live. I may buy the PC version just for the new achievements though. Maybe they'll have another 10000 kills achievement? LOLOL I sure hope not!!!

justcallmeChill
07-11-2007, 05:59 AM
that pissed me off how they get to fight that big thing that isnt in the 360 version

Captainwizard
07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't say its gay, but then i play the 360 because im a PC gamer and it reminds me of home. I reckon its great that the extra content is just for the PC as well, PC gaming needs a boost. Has anyone seen the new Unreal Tournament 3 Trailer ...i think its on youtube...its furucking awesome. Gears will be great though games for windows live is a really good idea. And i hope it can link the multiplayer as shadowrun did. It will be fun to kick ass with a keybourd and mouse. Viva pináta is going to be LIVE too and a couple other non major games(well to me anyways). One of the greatest ups but also biggest lows of gears PC is that it will be system graphic dependent ...meaning it will look alot crapper than the 360 version on some PCs while others will look at least 25-30% better. The intergration of DX10 is amazing as epic have also made it so the Unreal 3 Engine in general can now be optimised using DX10 and can be linked to live, opening up so many new titles linked to for games for windows LIVE. i hope its in time for the pc versions of blacksite and bioshock.