PDA

View Full Version : How do you get Superpole in Career?

The Dauntless
06-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get the Super Pole Trophy in Career.

I thought super pole was top in two qualifiying sessions but in career I only get one?

BTW, is it me or does it echo a lot in here...

TJP
06-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Hello.

I have a copy of SBK 2011 as I'm a die hard bike racing fan.

SBK 2011 is pretty much a Xerox copy of SBK X with very slightly improved graphics and much better physics, thanks to Luca Scassa's input. Nice to see the awful arcade mode has been removed. I think SBK 2011's release has slipped under the radar of most gamers as there has been little to no pre-release hype or advertising and as usual, North America doesn't recieve the SBK game until 6 to 12 months after the initial EU/UK/AU release date, which doesn't help things either.

To achieve the Superpole trophy, you need to progress into the Superbike class in the career mode. Complete one of the two qualification sessions and be amongst the top 16 riders in order to compete in Superpole.

Select Superpole from the sessions menu (you may have to first select the free practice prior to Superpole) and you need to win pole by finishing first in the third Superpole session. Note there are 3 Superpole sessions and the last session dictates who earns the pole spot on the starting grid.

Rinse and repeat these steps over a full season and you'll earn the superpole cup :)

You can choose to run just qualifying and races in career mode, which will make the achievement less of a chore to earn. Check the race settings in the career menu screen (the screen which shows your race trophies etc post race).

The rest of the achievements are very similar to that of SBK X to be honest. Milestone were rather lazy this year with their SBK release, there were probably more focused on finishing WRC 2011, which needs to be stellar as Dirt 3 is out and earning solid reviews.

Cheers.

The Dauntless
06-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Well thanks for the reply. Seeing as how I have to play like 3 seasons and then those many qualifying and superpole sessions I dont think I am going to bother with the achievement.

Next game cam you please give me the option to start in whichever class I want please. Oh and 1 lap races too. THANKS!

TJP
06-13-2011, 07:32 AM
It's not a hard achievement to get, just time consuming :)

As for Milestone changing anything about their SBK games like choosing a class from the start of a career - don't hold your breath! The SBK gaming series, much like the developer, seems to be stuck in a rut.

Cheers.