PDA

View Full Version : DiRT™ or Forza

Me™
07-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Which game do you like better?
I would say Forza all the way Dirt is just too unreal

Deftone2k6 Uk
07-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Im currently playing both but i like forza more but DiRT it still very impressive and i like that fact its rally :) All in all Forza all the way :)

Me™
07-07-2007, 06:28 AM
I am all so playin both but i just cant play Dirt for more than 2 or 3 races it just gets boring

Deftone2k6 Uk
07-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Ah cool i've played 45 races of dirt and won 44 so im at the end of tier 4 gotta love the racing games :drunk

Maka
07-07-2007, 01:05 PM
They are both different games and would give them both the same overall rating even though I like them for different reasons.

Rand al Thor 19
07-07-2007, 08:51 PM
DiRT for sure. I don't like sim racers so I will never play Forza 2.

Tussell
07-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I think this one should have a poll. I'd go with Forza 2.

BlaZiN cdn
07-08-2007, 01:29 AM
DiRT all the way! I thought Forza sucked so bad, going around a corner at around 20 mp/h sucked so bad, I like hitting a corner at around 100 mp/h and the graphics on DiRT are amazing, although Forza's graphics were pretty good too.

Jdm
07-08-2007, 01:37 AM
They are both different games and would give them both the same overall rating even though I like them for different reasons.

^^^Agreed Maka.

Honestly, I like both games.

Forza 2. For the gamer that enjoys Gran Turismo and Simulation Racing.

DiRT. For the gamer that likes the more "Arcade" feel of racing and Rally style.

Conker Rules All
07-08-2007, 01:57 AM
DiRT for sure. I don't like sim racers so I will never play Forza 2.

me too i like the kind of racing games that AREN'T just a sim becuz if i wanted to feel like i was driving i would get in my car and drive around the same street 6 times but DiRT to me looks awesome

Deftone2k6 Uk
07-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Agree with maka both are well balanced to suit diffrent kind of racers. Me i'll take and race game i can as its my main gametype but i dont mind playing anything hehe :)

Gigantic Lamb
07-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Which game do you like better?
I would say Forza all the way Dirt is just too unreal

Dirt is a better game in my opinion

Cyrex
07-08-2007, 03:20 PM
i am waiting for the review on the front page to come out for Forza because i personally don't prefer the simulation racing. I don't really like the City style of you have to drive to the race..... or cops. So im thinking about getting Dirt because that looks good

Webb
07-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Poll added... Commence fighting :p

Adam Miller
07-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Im saving my vote at the moment as its to tight to call (i should vote for that;)) i have nearly finsihed forza and its great but got little bit long DiRT is great fun to play but a little easy and not much apart from career racing.

I shall vote but not yet, anyone care to tell me the scores?

SegaSaturnSNK
07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Is there an option to make Forza 2 arcade? Or it is just a sim all together? Played the demo, didn't like it. Too realistic for my taste but I bought Dirt and I loved it. Great racer, just go to get that 1000 mile achievement and I got everything.

eXodusOnFiRe
07-08-2007, 05:37 PM
I have played enough unrealistic/arcade kind of racers in my time. Forza 2 is definetly my choice. DIRT is cool and all, but like I said, it's just like every other racing game I have played in my time, unrealistic and way too easy. I like to see how far developers can push realism on a console and although Forza has it's weak points, it hits realism square on the head. Taking a steep turn doing 120 in a car that can't do that is not real. Although you can do that in Forza, but in cars that can actually do them in real life, like the R2/R1 cars.

Either way I had played the Forza demo and the DiRT demo and I actually liked the DiRT demo better than the Forza one. But it's true that demos don't do the real game justice because in the end I like the retail Forza more then the retail DiRT.

-X

Bax x360a
07-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Love them both but DiRT has better graphics and much more on the edge of your seat stuff, so that has the edge in my opinion, much more exciting!

Flash
07-08-2007, 06:21 PM
DiRT all the way! I thought Forza sucked so bad, going around a corner at around 20 mp/h sucked so bad, I like hitting a corner at around 100 mp/h and the graphics on DiRT are amazing, although Forza's graphics were pretty good too.

You can hit the majority of corners at 80mph, dependant on what tuning settings you have / Car / Tyres etc etc.

DiRT's Visuals are amazing, I agree, But where Forza lacks visuals, it makes up on in features.

Customization options in forza are the best yet.

DiRT you can change your sponsor stickers - Ooooh!

Online in Forza - Online tournaments, Awesome Auction house, Online play the way it should be.

DiRT - 100 Player online :S :S

To the people who can handle it, Forza is the best Petrol head game out there. To the people who can't handle forza, Go and buy a copy of DiRT & / or Need For Speed.

Ash3n
07-08-2007, 06:42 PM
It is comparing Apples and Oranges. One is a Race Simulation and the other is a Pseudo Simulation Rally. Yes, DiRT has customization, but for any who have played it understand its arcade like feel. Graphics are a tad better on DiRT. But, Gameplay and replay value go to Forza. Now, I understand the Fanboy is going to flame me.....thats fine. Both are great, but they are not the same game. It would be like saying a dog and a cat are the same animal, just because they both have atoms, electrons and protons in their DNA genetic structure. They both get a, "9.5 rating." But, for different reasons.

Bax x360a
07-08-2007, 06:43 PM
who cant "handle" it? wtf, its only a game. what do you mean by "handle" it?

Ash3n
07-08-2007, 06:44 PM

HAHA calm down dude......it's a video game conversation.

Flash
07-08-2007, 06:53 PM

The point i'm trying to get accross is that there is alot more information / skill & understanding that you need to understand to play forza properly,

Where as on DiRT all you need is to dump the throttle, occasionally release and listen to the map guy.

I could go as far to compare the handling & Driving physics on DiRT to NFS, However i'll leave it at that.

Webb
07-08-2007, 06:54 PM
I think what Flash is trying to say is that people who prefer Forza take life too seriously and people who prefer Dirt, enjoy life ;)

Flash
07-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I think what Flash is trying to say is that people who prefer Forza take life too seriously and people who prefer Dirt, enjoy life ;)

Firstly, Who's Flash?

Secondly, I enjoy life, The same way I enjoy the sound of your Dry, Masculine tone of voice.

Lastly, It's more to do with the fact that I like to feel like i'm taking corners genuinely, not "Drifting" round them like a fat kid on ice chasing an ice cream van.

Ash3n
07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Firstly, Who's Flash?

Secondly, I enjoy life, The same way I enjoy the sound of your Dry, Masculine tone of voice.

Lastly, It's more to do with the fact that I like to feel like i'm taking corners genuinely, not "Drifting" round them like a fat kid on ice chasing an ice cream van.

Everyone is wrong. Cars FTW! QFT!!!!!!111!!! 0ne1111un01111w0n !!11!

Webb
07-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Remember Flash, I can call you whatever, change your forum name to whatever, so your "Flash" and to everyone else your Flash, don't hide from the feminine person inside of fighting to get out ;)

So then Flash, where were we?

Ohhhh, did we mention that Forza looks like Dirt's scrubber of a cousin? Noooo, we didn't yet did we? Did we Flash, did we? :p Plus, the damage system on Dirt definitely looks better.

I'm not the only ones who believe that Dirt triumphs over Forza... Let me show you who else, IGN agrees with me ;)

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/792/792572p3.html - 8.9 - Forza
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/794/794774p2.html - 9.0 - Dirt

Who can argue with a business right? :p

You are effectively talking about two different styles of racing games here, arcade and simulation. So comparing them with each other is like comparing chalk and cheese, but from someone who doesn't play any racing games anymore, Dirt made me come to my sense to play it, that was just with a demo, Forza never made me do that, it just made me delete it within a few hours. How many games can do that? ;)

Just remember as well, the companies that make them... Turn 10 are a company devoted to making this game, thats all they do, plus they probably took most of the work done from Forza and tweaked it, new graphics and WHAM. Codemasters have more than one bun in the oven, so this should be noted.

Taking all that in to account I think....

Dirt PWNS Forza :D

Ok Flash? :p

keiblerfan69
07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok I love DiRT's gameplay but Forza online is just so much fun.

italianstallion
07-08-2007, 07:45 PM
dirt cant even compete with forza 1, let only forza 2. Forza2 in my eyes is the best goddamn racer ever. The driving just feels right.

Im not saying dirt isnt fun.

Flash
07-08-2007, 08:03 PM
You arouse my spidey sense with the above review comparison Webb.

On Gameplay & Phsyics.

IGN Said "The car physics are just about perfect" on Forza

On the Replayability

IGN Said "There's a lot to do here, with an enormous single-player game and some decent multiplayer options. If you love, you'll love it for a long, long time"

My argument from my previous posts was that Forza had the superior Physics & Customization options, which IGN Confirm for me.

Now going onto the whole subject of "DiRT Having the superior Graphics", I've already agreed that DiRT has superior graphics, However i'll quote my good friend Ash3n from a previous MSN Convosation.

Ash3n x360a says:
looks are not gameplay

Ash3n my friend you are 100% correct.

However, let's compare some other reviews, other than IGN's

Gamespot

DiRT - 8.2
http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/cmr07/index.html?tag=result;title;1

Forza - 9.2
http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/forzamotorsport2/index.html?tag=topten;all;title;0

Team Xbox

Forza - 9.3
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1330/Forza-Motorsport-2/p1/

DiRT - 9.0
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1338/DiRT/p1/

Eurogamer

DiRT - 8.0
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=77595&page=2

Forza - 9.0
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=77491&page=4

Now i'd say the professional Opinions & Statistics above go in the complete opposite direction your above post intended :P

Webb
07-08-2007, 08:35 PM
If it wasn't for the multiplayer, the scores would have been A LOT different. I think if you rated the single players alongside each other, you would have a different score.

I mean come on, those scores are the complete package, but if we're talking about one race here, then I think you'd find the results would be a lot different steering in the way of Dirt. Excuse the pun.

And as for what Ash3n said, you say that as if DiRT plays badly :p Ha, what have you been drinking? ;)

The simple fact that Forza is not a fresh game (there is a 2 after the title :p) cause its just a prettier version of number 1, lets be honest. And Dirt is a new franchise for me makes Dirt the winner. Improving a previous title means that all the hard work is done ;)

italianstallion
07-08-2007, 08:44 PM
rallisport was better than dirt imo,so dirt is nothing new either. Rallisport had REAL online play also....

Webb
07-08-2007, 08:47 PM
But I'm sure they had to start from scratch and for a game to jump in to a genre like racing and rival the top dog from the off is something special ;)

Next version - Sweet multiplayer and then you'll see a new top dog. Move over Forza, your time is up.

italianstallion
07-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I think the better debate would be rallisport vs dirt.

Graphically speaking, rallisport 2 was a damn good looking game. I think it would hold its own in that department even today.

When playing dirt, the controls to me felt floaty. When making jumps, it felt like I was controlling a boat rather than a car.

according to gamerankings here is the overall review totals for the games.

forza 2 90%
Dirt 82.8%
rallisport 2 88.5%

ilski
07-08-2007, 10:24 PM
...And Dirt is a new franchise for me makes Dirt the winner. Improving a previous title means that all the hard work is done ;)

Isn't Dirt just a continuation of the Colin McRae series with a new name?

Webb
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM
See, thats what I thought but I looked in to it and from what I could gather it is a new team behind it. It seems as if Codemasters are the developers AND the publishers on this one, which doesn't happen that often in the gaming world. Would be interested to find out the real details behind it but everything on the matter seems a bit vague.

ilski
07-08-2007, 11:08 PM
...It seems as if Codemasters are the developers AND the publishers on this one, which doesn't happen that often in the gaming world.

I see. Codemasters do good shit. And they seem to favor racing games.

Wolf
07-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Seeing how DiRT makes baby Jesus cry, I'll go with Forza.

HotScott92
07-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Not really a serious racing gamer... maybe thats why I kinda like the non-sim DiRT better.

Wolf
07-09-2007, 12:57 AM
See, thats what I thought but I looked in to it and from what I could gather it is a new team behind it.
Good point. Call of Duty 3 is groundbreaking because, even though it is still set in World War II, has the same weapons, a sequel, and offers very little new features, it is still landmark because Treyarch worked on it instead of Infinity Ward.

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

They just took an already existing good game and just improved the graphics and gave you different scenery to do the exact same thing as every other World War II game.

My bad.

ilski
07-09-2007, 04:19 AM
They just took an already existing good game and just improved the graphics and gave you different scenery to do the exact same thing as every other World War II game.

My bad.

They did not improve the graphics. Actually, they improved nothing.

Conker Rules All
07-09-2007, 04:24 AM
Everyone is wrong. Cars FTW! QFT!!!!!!111!!! 0ne1111un01111w0n !!11!

cars all the way!!!! i see you playing it ash3n

Ash3n
07-09-2007, 04:26 AM
cars all the way!!!! i see you playing it ash3n

Ya bra, I was kidding and all. But this game is challenging at times. People think it is a walk in the park. Trust me it isn't King Kong lol.
:drunk

Wolf
07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
They did not improve the graphics. Actually, they improved nothing.
Well, it's debatable. The core graphics, the stitching on uniforms, the flowing water, the cloud puffs from the smoke grenades, looked absolutely phenomenal. Unfortunately, while running, there would be a lot of graphical glitches. Crouching in water let you defy the laws of physics. Guys would be unable to be killed or wouldn't show it. There's some seriously bad stuff in there. On the whole, though, they did improve. The leap wasn't as great as Call of Duty 2 from everything else, but there was still definite improvement.

But yeah, that's pretty much it.

spikedzombies
07-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I enjoy both, as said before both games have something to give that the other doesnt. Either way i actually rate Dirt a little better because i enjoy offroad racing more than simulation..

anyone remember the Original Colin McRae rally games? those were considered the best racing games of its time.

ilski
07-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Ya bra, I was kidding and all. But this game is challenging at times. People think it is a walk in the park. Trust me it isn't King Kong lol.
:drunk

Why is 'King Kong' the default 'shit' game? I've played at least a dozen games that were not as good looking or as fun. Let's not forget 'King Kong' was just about a launch title. People like to slam 'King Kong' but never make any mention that they are playing every game aimed at 8 year olds that comes out.

Ash3n
07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Why is 'King Kong' the default 'shit' game? I've played at least a dozen games that were not as good looking or as fun. Let's not forget 'King Kong' was just about a launch title. People like to slam 'King Kong' but never make any mention that they are playing every game aimed at 8 year olds that comes out.

Who bashed King Kong? All I said was that it was easy....very easy. I had zero issues with the title. If King Kong is your favorite title on the system, good for you. Nobody is bashing it or you. Different strokes man. As far as your, "Potshot" that I play games meant for 8 year olds, I play anything that looks good. Harry Potter would fall under this category, it was a heck of a good game. Open Season.....played it with my son because he can't play much yet. If that means I have to play games meant for 8 year olds, so be it.

Krueger
07-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Dirt is better because it mixes up with different types of races forza is the same race over and over but forza has sweet cars

Toki Wauna Noki
07-10-2007, 03:22 PM
i like forza becuase dirt was to glichy on the demo and it wasnt that fun.

deathbypig37x
07-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Who bashed King Kong? All I said was that it was easy....very easy. I had zero issues with the title. If King Kong is your favorite title on the system, good for you. Nobody is bashing it or you. Different strokes man. As far as your, "Potshot" that I play games meant for 8 year olds, I play anything that looks good. Harry Potter would fall under this category, it was a heck of a good game. Open Season.....played it with my son because he can't play much yet. If that means I have to play games meant for 8 year olds, so be it.

King Kong became a challenging title AFTER you got all the achievements, when you had to replay the missions and get a certain score. The higher you got your scores up, the more extra content available to you. (Including an alternate ending) People like to see the game's easy because they get 1000 and are done forever.

Anyway, Forza, I think is the better game. I mean Forza has been good to Xbox, so I like to stay with them and PGR. Although PGR is no where as good as Forza...

mike21878
07-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm going to side with Dirt on this one. Forza seems to be more about collecting (which is for some people) and Dirt is more about racing. Albiet the same tracks ...

MASTERCHEAT
08-07-2007, 12:03 AM
I like Forza2 because it feels like a perfect racing sim.