PDA

View Full Version : CoD Elite

vI-Youneek-Iv
06-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Call of Duty Elite Beta Begins July 14

Source (http://www.1up.com/news/call-of-duty-elite-beta-begins-july-14)

Jack Frost
06-06-2011, 04:21 PM
So you want to be charged to check your stats and the leaderboards? Really?

I think this is a terrible precedent and we should be worried that if this gets popular that more games will want to do the same thing.

I think CoD fans (which I am not) need to come together and NOT BUY THIS in droves.

Make it a complete and total failure (cuz then they'll give it to you for free again).

Blast a crater in their financial memory so deep, no company will get within 100 klicks of this idea ever again.

ZZak
06-06-2011, 04:30 PM
You will not be CHARGED AT ALL to check your stats. God read it PLEASE!

Also I already posted this in the Official MW3 Info thread a few minutes ago. Check it out.

Itstheimpaler
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Yes there are some portions that you have to pay for which im assuming are the tournament and more advanced portions but checking your stats and leaderboards is free, also being able to view the map and check out the popular kill spots and seeing where the most common route is thus preparing yourself for the upcoming match that should be free if not a small fee but not as much as the tournaments and such. My opinion is Elite has some advantages and disadvantages but you just need to look into it and then comment on it, just because some fool says you have to pay for everything doesn't make it true.

Burnout x360a
06-07-2011, 08:31 AM

I think this is a terrible precedent and we should be worried that if this gets popular that more games will want to do the same thing.

I think CoD fans (which I am not) need to come together and NOT BUY THIS in droves.

Make it a complete and total failure (cuz then they'll give it to you for free again).

Blast a crater in their financial memory so deep, no company will get within 100 klicks of this idea ever again.

You do realise that the leaderboards, stat checking and most features are FREE? Oh wait I forgot you don't read.

Hamburgerous
06-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Even if you had read it, which you didn't, you have to realise that your idea doesn't work. If it's a commercial failure, it'll just not happen any more. If they charge for it and only a few people buy it they've made a certain amount of money and a loss. If they make it for free and they don't make any money then they've made no money and the same loss.

But yes, read then comment.