PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Annoucement!

vI-Youneek-Iv
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
A remastered version of the original Halo was expected to be announced at Microsoft's E3 media briefing this morning. Not only will be seeing that, but Microsoft will also announce Halo 4. That's according to an accidental listing on Xbox.com's E3 page, as noted by NowGamer (http://xbox-360.nowgamer.com/news/6012/e3-2011-microsoft-details-leaked-halo-4-confirmed). The site mentioned, "The news millions of Halo fans have waited for: Halo 4 is on the way. But that's not all..." It also listed Kinect Star Wars, which we got some details (http://www.1up.com/news/kinect-star-wars-works-like-you-expect) on yesterday; Dance Central 2; Kinect Sports Season 2; and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

(http://www.1up.com/news/halo-4-announcement-coming-today)
Source (http://www.1up.com/news/halo-4-announcement-coming-today)

headhuntsman
06-07-2011, 04:53 AM
At first it was like, S**T yes i can finally continue the story mode of the last halo game. which wasn't bad considering it actually followed its own plot line ... unlike the COD series. But then again Microsoft is known for putting out quick sequels. Hopefully this won't be like halo 2, where they messed with waayy to much stuff and kindv'e ruined it.

wh1t3 t1gg3r
06-07-2011, 05:00 AM
why does everyone say the game is amazing, no one has seen any real gameplay, we have only seen one video shown over and over.

Pagan Ninja
06-09-2011, 04:20 AM
343 industries has been working on halo 4 for 2 years now. By the time it comes out it will be 3 years which is more than enough time to make a AAA game. I'm also kinda glad a new studio is working on it because with a new studio comes new ideas.

BLOOdREDkN7GHT
06-09-2011, 04:29 AM
halo 4, really? dont get me wrong, i love halo to death, but didnt they say that halo 3 was going to end the series and bungie would work on something else? halo 4 seems like they are simply dependent on halo to make any money and dont have the balls to try something new. anyway, got that off my chest, cant wait for halo 4!

WhutZ Goin In
06-09-2011, 04:47 AM
sounds amazing

Jed
06-09-2011, 05:31 AM
halo 4, really? dont get me wrong, i love halo to death, but didnt they say that halo 3 was going to end the series and bungie would work on something else? halo 4 seems like they are simply dependent on halo to make any money and dont have the balls to try something new. anyway, got that off my chest, cant wait for halo 4!

I do agree with you.

I thought Halo 3 ended the trilogy perfectly. Seems like it's purely a cash-grab!

InhaleInsanity
06-09-2011, 05:41 AM
I'm honestly only excited for the remake of Combat Evolved, I only really liked the first two Halo's. One of my friends told me that they're also planning on making a 5, 6, and 7? I don't know if it's true (haven't really looked into it because i don't really care), but I hope it's not.

Giptuc
06-09-2011, 05:41 AM

Bungie is working on other things. 343 industries is making Halo 4

For people thinking it will ruin the story of the other 3, Halo 4 is a direct continuation to the events of the legendary ending of Halo 3, but it is NOT a sequel. Its the start of its own brand new trilogy

I'm honestly only excited for the remake of Combat Evolved, I only really liked the first two Halo's. One of my friends told me that they're also planning on making a 5, 6, and 7? I don't know if it's true (haven't really looked into it because i don't really care), but I hope it's not.

They will be making Halo 4, 5 and 6 to complete the second trilogy, as well as making Halo CE AE

Doctor K
06-09-2011, 11:23 PM
I always thought they could take the style and gameplay somewhere different. Such as new enemies, weapons, locations (no more halos), with Master Chief not fighting the Covanant or Flood but some other alien race(s). I'm hoping for something like this with Halo 4.

NIMRODofArnor
06-10-2011, 09:40 PM
I remember specifically when Halo 3 was being marketed that it was supposed to be the end of "the trilogy", not of Halo in general. Halo 3 was the ending of the story originally set up by bungie. It would be insane not to bring Chief back for another trilogy. I will admit I am a proud Halo fanboy, and as long as the games keep rocking, I will keep buying! So far all of the Halo games have been AMAZING! (Halo Wars was good but not the same caliber of the Bungie titles)

cutchinz
06-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Hopefully they will make a good trilogy and then in a few years do a reboot entitled "Halo"

DarkReign2021
06-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Hopefully they will make a good trilogy and then in a few years do a reboot entitled "Halo"

0_o In a few years we'll only just be getting Halo 5... than a few years after that we'll be getting Halo 6. This isn't a series that will become an annual event like CoD (not including possible spin-off series. I could always go for a sequel to Halo Wars, though I honestly think the ending of HW is going to tie directly into the new Halo Trilogy.) Spin-offs are good fun as long as 343 holds the developers up to their quality expectations.

And honestly, why reboot? What about Halo really calls for a reboot? It's a fairly standard Aliens vs. Humans storyline. It's the minor details that make Halo stand out from the rest of the genre clones. Halo 4-6 is going to take the series in a new direction, but it's still going to maintain canonical accuracy to the rest of the universe. According to Bungie, the Halo bible has over 10,000 years worth of events and history developed for the Halo franchise and so far the series has only touched about 50 years or so (not including Cryptum.)

ConstantC4RN4GE
06-11-2011, 03:34 AM
Frankie used the words "next trilogy". Perhaps we can expect a 5th and 6th game?

Xelam
06-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Ehhhhh, Master Chief is Back!!