PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4

xTGMx INF3RNO
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
OMG! Who just saw the halo 4 trailer at E3

sweatdog
06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Yep.... Had to sit through an hour of ho-hum mostly Kinect BS, for a short teaser video of the only cool announcement in the whole press conference.

xTGMx INF3RNO
06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Chief is back and its right after when 3 finished cant wait!

JDMBO1
06-06-2011, 06:26 PM
This has to be one of the most epic returns, but I have to say when the hell did Master Chief have boosters?

ZedChuva
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Wait... M$ keeping a dead horse alive after Bungie put a fork in it last year? REALLY!

Honestly, not shocking at all. I missed the conference but read some reports. Was there ANYTHING surprising this year at all? I mean, Halo was just a given right? Assuming it was just a teaser and the game will drop sometime in late 2012... if we're all still here, which we won't be.

niko da bos
06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
whoa thats crazy news, i thought for sure they were done after reach. that was the general census we were getting from everyone at bungie. hopefully this one proves to be a good addition to the series. personally, reach got stale for me after like 2 months.

Kryptonie360
06-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Great about Halo 4 and AE!

But Microsft press conference as a whole take out the Halo out and you have nothing!! Not one new IP remakes of games that noone really cares about *COUGH* FABLE *COUGH* and droves of Kinect rubbish!!

They really had no option but to bolt halo 4 onto the end of that if they didnt it would have been awful! Even Gears looked well dull!!

GRAW and MW3 EPIC!!

No battlefield whats that about??

cHRiSCOe
06-06-2011, 07:12 PM
YouTube video?

Opiate42
06-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Yep.... Had to sit through an hour of ho-hum mostly Kinect BS, for a short teaser video of the only cool announcement in the whole press conference.

Yah haha, the glory of streaming, just scanned forward through all that except the Mass Effect 3, Batman, and Tomb Raider parts. Damn near wet myself when ME3 came on.

That Halo 4 teaser got my blood pumping, and thinking of the Halo CE Anniversary being released what...a week after MW3... hmmmm.... Halo wins.

YouTube video?

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/

Choose the Microsoft Press Conference and scan through to about the 2 hour mark I think. It's now not loading up on my pc, fucking microsoft! :p

Kryptonie360
06-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Yah haha, the glory of streaming, just scanned forward through all that except the Mass Effect 3, Batman, and Tomb Raider parts. Damn near wet myself when ME3 came on.

That Halo 4 teaser got my blood pumping, and thinking of the Halo CE Anniversary being released what...a week after MW3... hmmmm.... Halo wins.

4/11 - Battlefield 3
8/11 - COD
11/11 - Skyrim
15/11 - Halo

imatt B4M
06-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Halo 4!<333333333333333333333

Opiate42
06-06-2011, 07:25 PM
4/11 - Battlefield 3
8/11 - COD
11/11 - Skyrim
15/11 - Halo

FUCK!!!! :p It's going to hurt the wallet...

cHRiSCOe
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow another halo. Was reach not going to be the last one?

LawlCake1214
06-06-2011, 08:38 PM
I saw it too, I was amazed. Now I get to see what happens after Halo 3.

HuMuRoUs
06-06-2011, 08:40 PM
To everyone saying Halo lost its interest after 2 etc, although you have your own opinion doesn't mean carrying on the series is a bad thing. Tbh i would love for the Halo series to last for the rest of my gaming days, i mean i know it wont but theres always hope :P.

Must have logged months of time on halo CE and halo 3 haha :uzi: :Bounce:

Worhammer
06-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Halo Reach was the last one made by Bungie.

Nobody expected it to be the last Halo period. Except stupid people who don't know what companies do to good cash cows.

Halo will continue until it's either a) run into the ground or b).......no, just a. Just a.

Also, whoever listed release dates, you forgot Gears3 9/2011

I, for one, am totally psyched for it. Can't friggin wait. Fall 2012 is toooo loonnggg to wait. CE Remake will have to hold me over.

Hoboape
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Kind of worried about it not being made by bungie but the trailer was good and it seems like it will probably be good in the end

dakisbac
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Will probably be the first Halo I don't get day one. Not to knock 343 since we haven't given them a chance to prove themselves yet, but I don't really care about Halo anymore. And although I loved Halo 1, I'm not really pumped about a remastered version.

It would have surprised me if you had told me two years ago that I'd be saying this, but I'm looking forward to Gears 3 much more.

Giptuc
06-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Saw it. Watched it over and over. Will probably watch it a few more times as well.

CANT WAIT. Amazing Teaser

Tyrion619
06-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Wow. Really? Another one?

Thought this crap was done already.

How about something new & original?

Rainbow Donut
06-07-2011, 02:08 AM
So did I............. I was making out with the computer screen, until the boss yelled at me xD I cant wait to see what they do with it now Bungie have handed it over :D

Burning Karma
06-07-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm pumped. I got goosebumps when I saw the Chief. But a new trilogy? That has me intrigued.

Worhammer
06-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Wow. Really? Another one?

Thought this crap was done already.

How about something new & original?
Thanks for contributing to the thread. We really, really care that you hate Halo.

Go play CoD and shut it.

shadowfacts985
06-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks for contributing to the thread. We really, really care that you hate Halo.

Go play CoD and shut it.

Agreed.

I'm pumped. I'm very interested to see what new twists 343 incorporates. As long as there's no Kinect.... please God, no Kinect.

IDiivil
06-07-2011, 06:58 AM
This has to be one of the most epic returns, but I have to say when the hell did Master Chief have boosters?

He was so awesome, he grew them.

I think Halo 4 is going to be pretty rad. I'm going to buy it for sure and see how it treats me.

Giptuc
06-07-2011, 07:15 AM
He was so awesome, he grew them.

I think Halo 4 is going to be pretty rad. I'm going to buy it for sure and see how it treats me.

ahahaha... Although im pretty sure he always has them. He has always has that big thing on his back and we never really saw what it was for since we never really saw him in space.

IDiivil
06-07-2011, 07:36 AM
ahahaha... Although im pretty sure he always has them. He has always has that big thing on his back and we never really saw what it was for since we never really saw him in space.

A very good point! I do prefer my own theory, though >_>

JDMBO1
06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Can I just say that a pistol shot out an explosive

Djens
06-07-2011, 08:27 AM
11/11 Skyrim
15/11 Halo

That's just not ok...

Dav13s
06-07-2011, 09:08 AM

No, no you can't

Burnout x360a
06-07-2011, 09:10 AM
11/11 Skyrim
15/11 Halo

That's just not ok...

This November will be very expensive.

xTGMx INF3RNO
06-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Just the fact chief is back! WIN

Jesper114
06-07-2011, 10:23 AM
too bad they didn't start a whole new trilogy not a new game in a series.

4/11 - Battlefield 3
8/11 - COD
11/11 - Skyrim
15/11 - Halo

bf3 is 25/10

Giptuc
06-07-2011, 10:33 AM

No because its not a magnum that he uses, its a grenade launcher. 2 magnums float by and the third is different. Its the same as the launcher used in Reach, i guess they just decided to throw it in there lol

JDMBO1
06-07-2011, 10:46 AM
No because its not a magnum that he uses, its a grenade launcher. 2 magnums float by and the third is different. Its the same as the launcher used in Reach, i guess they just decided to throw it in there lol
It looks nothing like the one they have in Reach I paused it at 1:05 and the barrel is definably smaller, and he uses it one handed.

Edit: it seems to be a modified version of the magnum you get a better look at 1:11

Giptuc
06-07-2011, 11:24 AM
It looks nothing like the one they have in Reach I paused it at 1:05 and the barrel is definably smaller, and he uses it one handed.

Edit: it seems to be a modified version of the magnum you get a better look at 1:11

Well either way, its not a pistol he is using, its an explosive launcher of some kind, which is pretty obvious by the fact that he shoots it, gets rid of the front piece, and then replaces it with another one after locking the gun back down

JDMBO1
06-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Well either way, its not a pistol he is using, its an explosive launcher of some kind, which is pretty obvious by the fact that he shoots it, gets rid of the front piece, and then replaces it with another one after locking the gun back down
I will have to agree with you on that

Unterofficer
06-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Ok it was inevitable that Microsoft kicks the Halohorse even when Bungie decided to bury it, but seriously. A new trilogy? Just let Halo rest in its grave and try something new or at least show some respect and just make one more cashin and leave.

Really not looking up to this.

Penguino Rojo
06-07-2011, 01:31 PM
So I guess no one bothered to read the articles around Reach. Bungie was done, Microsoft wasn't. Bungie completed their Halo commitment to the franchise and microsoft moved it to another studio (343 I think?) It's been known since Reach came out that 4 was coming.

It was never in Bungies hands if Halo was ever truly 'done,' only if they wanted to continue with the franchise. They clearly left the door open for a Halo 4 with the legendary ending to 3, so nothing was dead and buried.

What I would like to know is at what point MC got a rocket pack, and why wasn't that gun available in H3? >:( Once more there is a plot hole in what equipment is available and where that I doubt will be properly explained.

Tyrion619
06-08-2011, 03:27 AM

Go play CoD and shut it.

Never said I hate Halo. I actually like Halo (single player only though). Remove your head from your ass and learn to read please.

I'm just annoyed that they're wasting their energy making another one when it's not needed. They could totally have focused on getting a new IP out that's maybe original (hopefully).

Like CoD, it's just beating a dead horse.

As far as I can tell, I was contributing to the thread. I posted remarks about Halo 4. That is the subject matter at hand is it not?

However negative my opinions on the game are, my post is well within the guidelines of "contributing" to the thread.

Now, am I to assume that, in order to "contribute" to this thread, I can only post positive opinions about Halo 4 so as not to piss off the fanboys?

Teh Phantomz
06-08-2011, 05:59 AM
I literally cried when I watched the trailer. Never been so excited in my life. Sad I know -.-

Aaron15
06-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Look at my sig, fair to say I won't be doing too much in those months :D.

Cataclysm49
06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
No, no you can't

Yes, yes you can.

If you noticed, he popped another one on after he gets outside the wrecked cruiser. It looks like an attachment than the actual gun. I'd rather they not incorporate that into the actual game though...

Also, just for the record, Bungie may be the studio that created Halo, but 343i (the studio making Halo 4) still contains many of the people that made the first 3. So new studio doesn't mean entirely new group of people making the game.

Can't wait for this game, 1.5 years is a long way away though :(

For those that missed it, in an interview after the announcement, Microsoft's spokesman said that Halo 4 has been in the works for over a year already, so it could mean a huge awesome game :woop: or possibly just a game of speculative quality (ie we'll have to wait and see) with a new engine :/

cutchinz
06-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Yes, yes you can.

If you noticed, he popped another one on after he gets outside the wrecked cruiser. It looks like an attachment than the actual gun. I'd rather they not incorporate that into the actual game though...

Also, just for the record, Bungie may be the studio that created Halo, but 343i (the studio making Halo 4) still contains many of the people that made the first 3. So new studio doesn't mean entirely new group of people making the game.

Can't wait for this game, 1.5 years is a long way away though :(

For those that missed it, in an interview after the announcement, Microsoft's spokesman said that Halo 4 has been in the works for over a year already, so it could mean a huge awesome game :woop: or possibly just a game of speculative quality (ie we'll have to wait and see) with a new engine :/
Either that...or they lied to us!

DarkReign2021
06-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Never said I hate Halo. I actually like Halo (single player only though). Remove your head from your ass and learn to read please.

I'm just annoyed that they're wasting their energy making another one when it's not needed. They could totally have focused on getting a new IP out that's maybe original (hopefully).

Like CoD, it's just beating a dead horse.

The Halo series still has a lot of story left to tell. I could care less about Multiplayer (Personally. I haven't liked the Multiplayer since Halo 2) but that's no reason why they shouldn't keep putting out new Campaigns. Even if it was the same game engine and everything and they just released new levels with new storylines I would be happy personally.

That said, don't look at Halo 4 as another sequel in the series. It's not. Halo 4, as far as anybody can tell, is going in a completely different direction from the original halo's. Naturally it's still going to be an FPS. That's just how Bungie is and since 343i is maintaining Bungie's Halo fanbase now, they don't want to alienate people from the series like Halo Wars did. But this diluted Covenant vs. Human war is over. That storyline was small time compared to the big picture of the series. The big picture is on a galactic scale. The Forerunner acting as the guardians of the the Galaxy to, the Flood coming from another galaxy and threatening to consume and destroy everything, thus leading to the ultimate purpose of Halo's Creation. The back history of the Forerunner and their past history with the Human race (War and eventually the de-evolution of the Human Species.)

Like I said, compared to the Forerunner, Flood, and true purpose of the Halo's, the little aliens attempting to activate the rings for religious purposes is small-time.

And since we're likely to be introducing all new elements into the game (Forerunner and their technology) that means this game is free of it's past restrictions and is allowed to become whatever it wants. It could play just like the last Halos (which is ok with me personally) but it also has the option to be a more story-driven game like Half-Life, Singularity, Breakdown, etc... which is equally welcome in my book. All I'm interested in is the narration. Give me more books and keep pumping out the games with excellent storylines and cutscenes.

Also. I will say Halo is nothing like CoD in that respect. At least with "official" Halo titles we only see one every few years. 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012. And they all use completely new in-house engines. CoD doesn't even change engines. MW3 is still running on a modified version of the same engine that MW1 and every game from that point on has used. They put out new games so quick they don't have time to develop and learn how to use a new engine to begin with.

SuperSkyline89
06-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Like CoD, it's just beating a dead horse

I don't think you can really equate Halo with Call of Duty. There's a new Call of Duty game out every year, the world ending wouldn't stop them from making another one.

Halo games come out with a couple years at least between each one.

Annihil88torr
06-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Looks very cool. Interested to see how 343 does with the Halo series.

HALO 4 TRAILER

YouTube - &#x202a;Halo 4 E3 2011 Debut Trailer [HD]&#x202c;&rlm;