PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4?! Is this new news?

Cooljoe
06-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi all,
I was just watching game trailers and they say halo 4 and another halo are coming out next year? Is that true? I thought halo was done, this is great!:Bounce:

crazy W01f 816
06-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Do you even visit the homepage of this site?

Katarn84
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Yep, that's true! Halo 4 and Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (just like Tomb Raider, a special edition for the 10 years of the brand)!

WnxLogan
06-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Don't get too excited, Halo CE will be using Reach's engine, armor abilities included.

Ty-Rex
06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Don't get too excited, Halo CE will be using Reach's engine, armor abilities included.Yeah, thinking this whole thing over, I'm pretty sure Halo CE HD XLR 5000 will just be like ODST and it's relationship to Halo 3.

Doktor Wilhelm
06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Don't get too excited, Halo CE will be using Reach's engine, armor abilities included.

How would that work, are 343i really going to piss all over the story like that (since advance tech like the Armor Abilities were lost on reach)?

RamHawk
06-06-2011, 07:31 PM
How would that work, are 343i really going to piss all over the story like that (since advance tech like the Armor Abilities were lost on reach)?

If it makes them money to $ell the game "and make it more fun to play" then yes, they will murder the story and do what they want.

However, I heard that they were only enhancing the graphics.

cutchinz
06-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Dear God yes it is true!!!! This is now the greatest day of my life!!!! Well, if Alan Wake 2 is announced today it will be the greatest day of my life. That's about all else i need.

WnxLogan
06-06-2011, 07:42 PM
If it makes them money to $ell the game "and make it more fun to play" then yes, they will murder the story and do what they want.

However, I heard that they were only enhancing the graphics.

I don't know if there will be armor abilities in the story or not, but there is in the multiplayer:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/99701/halo-1/images/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-20110606000316829.htmlhttp://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/117/1172962/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-20110606000316829_640w.jpg
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/99701/halo-1/images/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-20110606000316829.html

O hai thar armor lock.

Doktor Wilhelm
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Hmm, still doubt it'll be in Single Player, and if multiplayer is just new (old) maps for Halo Reach; I think people'll be upset at having to pay full game price for them instead of having them as DLC for Reach.

Plus I'd not trust screen shots for information about what will actually show up in something by 343i; as the last lot of screen shots they released showed content that wasn't in the release they advertised (the 'New armor' in the defiant map pack screen shots). :p

Edit: it also seems that Halo 4 has Jet Packs (or atleast Zero-G boosters): YouTube - ‪Halo 4 E3 2011 Teaser Trailer‬‏

Kaiyo
06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
They probably will release that "new" armor along with other armors, new ranks, with the 7 classic maps that they announced. I'm thinking that the multiplayer for Halo: CE Remake is like what they did for Halo 3: ODST and it is just the Halo: Reach with all the current DLC + the 7 classic maps which is new DLC for Halo: Reach.

RamHawk
06-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, glad there will be a Halo 4 and glad they will have the CE version too. I've enjoyed all of the Halo series and won't have a problem picking up the rest. Doesn't matter to me if they stray from the storyline.... but would rather them not do that.

Kraderic
06-06-2011, 09:34 PM
I love how Cortana calls him John several times in the trailer. Really solidifies the desperation in her voice.

RBmaster9345
06-06-2011, 10:30 PM
It looks like it'll be the same as ODST. One disc for campagain while the other is just Reach with the new maps. That's what'd make the most sense. That'd be sweet if they did that again

EliteLeafHater
06-06-2011, 10:36 PM
It looks like it'll be the same as ODST. One disc for campagain while the other is just Reach with the new maps. That's what'd make the most sense. That'd be sweet if they did that again

pretty sure this is correct the 7 multiplayer maps that come with the anniversery edition are for reach

also in the aniversery edition you will be able to switch to the classic halo view at any time with the press of a button

SuperSkyline89
06-06-2011, 11:39 PM

I wish I knew that before I went and bought the Noble Map Pack. Well I'm not going to buy the Defiant Pack now.

Artful Dodger
06-06-2011, 11:52 PM
4 more halo games, yes please

Doktor Wilhelm
06-07-2011, 02:27 AM
So is the Remake still due for a November release; as the rumours stated?
This site (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/halo-ce-anniversary/overview/) has it listed as the 15th November release date that the rumours were stating, so is it official? :eek:

They probably will release that "new" armor along with other armors, new ranks, with the 7 classic maps that they announced. I'm thinking that the multiplayer for Halo: CE Remake is like what they did for Halo 3: ODST and it is just the Halo: Reach with all the current DLC + the 7 classic maps which is new DLC for Halo: Reach.

I just wish that 343i would state what the hell is going on with the armor, since a lot of people believe it's not possible (so it could be a dev build that the pictures are taken from).

Is there really any need for new ranks? It seems like there's enough, just not enough armor unlocks spread between them! ;D

As for the Multiplayer being like the ODST disk; I hope so! Lol, looking forward to the game more now (1k achievements for Halo CE in HD and then extra achievements for Reach? Yes please!)! :D
And then it seem that my theory of DLC coming out in November will (sort of) be right! :p

also in the aniversery edition you will be able to switch to the classic halo view at any time with the press of a button

Like Monkey Island? :D
Would the Xbox be able to run both games at the same time; or is that not how that sort of system would work? Monkey Island is much more simple than Halo:CE (so it seems easy for it to work in MI's case), but then again Halo:CE in HD would be a bit more simpler than Reach, so remaining space could be used to run the original Halo:CE in the background? (as always; just thinking out loud, and more than likely wrongly)

crazy W01f 816
06-07-2011, 02:34 AM
I just wish that 343i would state what the hell is going on with the armor, since a lot of people believe it's not possible (so it could be a dev build that the pictures are taken from).

As for the Multiplayer being like the ODST disk; I hope so! Lol, looking forward to the game more now (1k achievements for Halo CE in HD and then extra achievements for Reach? Yes please!)! :D
And then it seem that my theory of DLC coming out in November will (sort of) be right! :p
The multiplayer will work like the ODST multiplayer disc did. All the old stuff plus the new maps and whatever else they add. I'm thinking the new armor will be on the new disc that way there won't be the problem of not be able to play with people who don't have it.

Like Monkey Island? :D
Would the Xbox be able to run both games at the same time; or is that not how that sort of system would work? Monkey Island is much more simple than Halo:CE (so it seems easy for it to work in MI's case), but then again Halo:CE in HD would be a bit more simpler than Reach, so remaining space could be used to run the original Halo:CE in the background? (as always; just thinking out loud, and more than likely wrongly)
In the video I saw they said that with the press of a button you can go back to the classic graphics. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

RBmaster9345
06-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I wish I knew that before I went and bought the Noble Map Pack. Well I'm not going to buy the Defiant Pack now.

I've bought both anyway without regrets. Noble had great maps and have you played Highlands from Defiant? Holy crap. New FF DLC was badass too

Efase
06-07-2011, 02:58 AM
Funny that Master Chief goes into Cryo Sleep without a jet pack and emerges with one.

SuperSkyline89
06-07-2011, 03:15 AM
This is the video about Combat Evolved Anniversary posted on Waypoint.

YouTube - ‪Halo: Anniversary Exclusive‬‏

You can switch from original graphics to new graphics with the click of a button
The campaign "is identical to 10 years ago"
The pistol is "still overpowered", "Three shots to the head from anywhere on the map will kill anything"

indoorblakininja
06-07-2011, 04:55 AM
I hope they'll have subtitles for Halo 5 and 6

Kaiyo
06-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Yeah, them achievements for Halo: CE is long overdue, they say. Damn right they are.

SynysterChris
06-07-2011, 05:09 AM
I like that they are not bring the crappy Reach gameplay to Halo CE remake.

Kraderic
06-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Funny that Master Chief goes into Cryo Sleep without a jet pack and emerges with one.

That's not a jetpack. That's what astronauts use to manuever around in zero gravity; something to be expected of an armor suit designed to be used in space. :confused:

Doktor Wilhelm
06-07-2011, 09:38 AM
That's not a jetpack. That's what astronauts use to manuever around in zero gravity; something to be expected of an armor suit designed to be used in space. :confused:

It's an attachment on the back of his armor that uses a jet of what appears to be air, to propel the MC in a direction while in zero g...
It's a Zero G Jetpack! :p
Though I am sure it'd be called something else, I believe that NASA refers to that sort of thing simply as Thrusters...

Kaiyo
06-08-2011, 04:46 AM
They said 7 classic maps remade for xbox live.
Makes me wonder.... I called it. Flood on that the new firefight map remaded from a Halo: CE map.

BlackRose Alpha
06-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Giving CE all the armour abilitys would screw the game up royaly, but for god sake give us sprint lol
Most FPS have sprint in there anyway or some form of it, and out of all the cool abilitys in reach it felt the most natural?

Mongolian Beef
06-08-2011, 05:01 AM
news? not really. we knew 343 was taking over and of course m$ wants more halos. I guess you didn't really "finish the fight" did you?

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Giving CE all the armour abilitys would screw the game up royaly, but for god sake give us sprint lol
Most FPS have sprint in there anyway or some form of it, and out of all the cool abilitys in reach it felt the most natural?

The campaign isn't going to have armour abilities, they said the campaign is exactly the same as it originally was. The only addition is the Terminals.

Doktor Wilhelm
06-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I guess you didn't really "finish the fight" did you?

I finished the fight (Convenant didn't have a chance); now I'm starting a new one (and if the trailer is anything to go by; it seems like I'll be fighting Unicron from Transformers)! :p

cutchinz
06-08-2011, 08:05 PM
I think it's going to be cool to be able to press back and see the original graphics :woop:

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I think it's going to be cool to be able to press back and see the original graphics :woop:

Ya, I can see myself switching back and forth hundreds of times in each level just to see how different everything is.

DarkReign2021
06-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Halo CEmake Campaign is going to be 99% Halo: CE. The graphics will be updated (actually, you can play with both. If you choose, you can just as easily switch back to the original graphics with the click of a button) and there are hidden goodies being thrown into the campaign (so far terminals that will connect to Halo 4 are being included. I'm also fairly certain I've seen some confetti as is customary of Grunt Birthday Party, so I would say the skulls may be included as well. Than I would imagine they'll add little easter eggs and fun goodies on top of the pre-existing secrets.) On top of that, they are also giving the Co-op online matchmaking functionality.

Other than that, the game is going to use the same AI, the same physics, the same weapons balance (welcome back M6D pistol and 60 round MR5B Assault Rifle!), the same music, sound effects, and dialog. Literally nothing else is being changed. Even the Warthog's automatic power-slide will be returning.

On the other hand, the multiplayer is being nixed. Since the community is already divided between Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, they don't want to segregate it further by adding yet another online server to the series (not to mention with H4 coming next year, they would rather put their efforts toward making sure that one is ready.

Instead, they are remaking 7 maps exclusively for Halo: Reach's servers. 1 of them from Halo 2 and 5 of them from Halo 1 (of these, I know for certain that Death Island and Timberlands is being remade. I would also guess Sidewinder is going to make a comeback.) Additionally, they have 1 epic, game-changing firefight map being made based off of... something from H1 (No idea what it could be. Some people say it could include Flood. I'm guessing it will be the AOTCR canyons at the beginning of the game and that it will focus heavily on vehicular combat. Flood are always welcome in my book too!)

RBmaster9345
06-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm just curious what enemies will be used. The Covies are broken up now and just Brutes and Flood wouldnt be as much fun. Looks like some new Forerunner action though