PDA

View Full Version : Story Predictions?

fax5jrj
06-07-2011, 12:16 AM
What do you guys predict the story will be like?

TheBDanAbstract
06-07-2011, 12:25 AM
I have a feeling it will have nothing to do with anything from the previous Halo's.

SuperSkyline89
06-07-2011, 12:50 AM
It'll be something to do with the Forerunners.

Aside from that everything anyone will predict will be totally wrong.

fax5jrj
06-07-2011, 12:55 AM
It'll be something to do with the Forerunners.

Aside from that everything anyone will predict will be totally wrong.

Meh, it will show some history about the Forerunners, but I doubt it will be major. I think that some Covenant may have survived, and since the flood has survived too, I believe that it will be the same enemies, but the series will have a darker storyline.

SuperSkyline89
06-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Meh, it will show some history about the Forerunners, but I doubt it will be major. I think that some Covenant may have survived, and since the flood has survived too, I believe that it will be the same enemies, but the series will have a darker storyline.

The thing they're were approaching is definitely Forerunner. How in depth they'll go is obviously up in the air.

Most of the Covenant survived. The Humans and Elites didn't go around and kill everyone else. They just killed the Prophets and destroyed the military power of the Brutes.

Since it will probably take place on a Forerunner installation the Flood very well might be in it. The Forerunners had Flood research facilities and quarantine zones on the Halos and other installations so that's just as likely on this one.

cutchinz
06-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Yep definitely Forerunner-themed, they will probably be very stingy about what they give away though, just like they have been with the first 3 halo games, a lot of secrets.

Kaiyo
06-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Probably some Flood since they did came from another galaxy.

H0p3sfalL
06-07-2011, 01:51 AM
I have a feeling it will have nothing to do with anything from the previous Halo's.

Yea I agree. But at this point that can be a good thing. Also I hope there isn't the Flood in the game as well.

fax5jrj
06-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Have you guys ever read Halo: Cryptum? I hope they have some info on that in this game, considering that book was very... informative. I hope Cortana can talk about the Forerunner politics and stuff without it being boring, because that's some interesting stuff.

I hope there's another Gravemind (Precursor? If you guys have read Cryptum, at the end it implies that the Forerunners worshiped Graveminds... I think.)

Also, I hope there's mention to the Didact + Human/Prophet wars against the Prophets. This campaign may be very long. :)

Definitely not a bad thing.

secretkaos187
06-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Is this a novel?ive read just about everything i possible can get ahold of in the halo universe...humans are the forerunners arent they? I think its gonna delve deeper to the forerunner side of things,its funny that people think he died in at the end of halo 3,apparently they didnt beat it on legendary. aside from that he cameos in Reach.But IMO Halo is like a modern day Star Wars,there are soooo many angles they could go with. In the books Dr. Halsley goes into the Ark w/Kely or Linda and goes into some parrellel space,I dunno what to think...walked in the door,turned on g4 and BOOM halo 4 trailer! Cant WAIT!!!!

SuperSkyline89
06-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Is this a novel?ive read just about everything i possible can get ahold of in the halo universe...humans are the forerunners arent they? I think its gonna delve deeper to the forerunner side of things,its funny that people think he died in at the end of halo 3,apparently they didnt beat it on legendary. aside from that he cameos in Reach.But IMO Halo is like a modern day Star Wars,there are soooo many angles they could go with. In the books Dr. Halsley goes into the Ark w/Kely or Linda and goes into some parrellel space,I dunno what to think...walked in the door,turned on g4 and BOOM halo 4 trailer! Cant WAIT!!!!

No, humans are not Forerunner.

Humans were an early species, cavemen basically, when the Forerunners ruled the galaxy. Before the Forerunners lit the Halo rings to destroy all sentient life in the galaxy to stop the Flood they stored the genetic information of any intelligent species so the galaxy could be repopulated. Humans were just one of those species, many of the species in the Covenant were also saved by the Forerunners.

ZingZitang
06-07-2011, 04:47 AM
No, humans are not Forerunner.

Humans were an early species, cavemen basically, when the Forerunners ruled the galaxy. Before the Forerunners lit the Halo rings to destroy all sentient life in the galaxy to stop the Flood they stored the genetic information of any intelligent species so the galaxy could be repopulated. Humans were just one of those species, many of the species in the Covenant were also saved by the Forerunners. You're Sort of Right, at the time the Rings Fired, Humanity had indeed Sort of Devolved, but Prior to this, Humanity Was Very Technologically Advanced and at War with the Forerunners for a Very long time.

As for Halo 4, You can almost bet you will see the few Remaining Spartans.

The "Portal" in the Halo 4 Trailer is similar to the Portal at the End of the Ghost of Onyx. The Planet Onyx was a Shield World, which when Activated by the Partial Activation of Installation 04(Halo: Combat Evolved), opened a portal into a Micro-Dyson Sphere(Artificial inverse Planet, in an Alternate Slipspace Dimension) that was Originally Designed by the Forerunners to Escape the Firing of the Halos. Thats Where Kelly, Fred and the Other Remaining Spartans are, along with Dr. Halsey, and Chief Mendez. They Fought to Keep the Covenant out of the Portal, with Kurt-051 Sacrificing himself an Destroying the Entire planet after ordering the Others through the Portal.

The Chief and Cortana were also seen orbiting above a Forerunner Shield World, so its safe to say that the Portal is Very Similar, and they look to be Heading into that portal, in which they Will eventually Find the Rest of the Spartans and Dr. Halsey, Fight Some new Adversary, probably something older than the Flood itself, and then Fight for a way out of the Micro-Dyson Sphere.

SuperSkyline89
06-07-2011, 04:56 AM
You're Sort of Right, at the time the Rings Fired, Humanity had indeed Sort of Devolved, but Prior to this, Humanity Was Very Technologically Advanced and at War with the Forerunners for a Very long time.

Unfortunately I haven't read Cryptum yet. Should probably get to that.

aussiegamer
06-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Story will be garbage. Gameplay and Online is all I will be focussing on. I never ever follow the Halo storylines anyway.

Dark Pyro
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
has anyone considered it possably link the spirit of fire and masterchief nad then finding a way back? although some of the other ideas work too

DarkReign2021
06-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I've read Cryptum cover to cover a couple dozen times and have it memorized by heart (as I do all of the books, comics, and videos.) I do believe that the new games will be leaning towards the themes that the books are following.

Based on the storyline of the 3 primary games in the series as well as the sheer amount of focus and Importance placed onto them, I believe the Flood are the singular most important element in the Halo Universe. They're the Yuuzhan Vong and Reapers of the Halo series. Intergalactic lifeforms that are driven to, and quite capable of, destroying entire galaxies. The forerunner fell into Extinction because they could not contain the spread of the Flood. As they continued to lose more and more worlds to the creatures, they eventually created the Halo installations as their last resort and n the end were forced to use them.

That alone tells us that the Flood is, for a fact, free and it will not be stopped by merely killing the Gravemind and destroying Halo and the Ark. That tells me that the Flood will continue to be an important element in the series and will probably be the primary enemy in the new trilogy.

That's not to say there won't be other enemies in the series though. The Forerunner, though likely to be your allies moreso than enemies, do still have a history with humanity. There's also the issue of the fact that we destroyed a Halo installation twice as well as the Ark being used to rebuild them. The covenant, although in shambles, do still exist as individual races as well and it seems likely that the Brutes could still play a role and may even possess the ability to maintain legions of grunts, jackals, drones, and hunters; However, the game takes place (I believe) outside of the Milky Way galaxy. Whether we're in Dark Space or another Galaxy is left to be decided, but all I can say is that when the portal closed with half of the ship still inside, the half trapped in this [slipspace] portal could have very well ended up anywhere in the universe, likely being a place that the Forerunner managed to access perhaps as a means of surviving the Halo destruction and thus eliminating the need for the Shield Worlds (which would explain why the 2 known shield worlds in the Halo universe have been completely empty. This could easily eliminate any lack of Covenant involvement in a potentially Forerunner/Flood-centric trilogy.

If the series does manage to get back into the Milky Way galaxy, perhaps some quiet, far-off corner that Humanity isn't familiar with, than that would give us the option of Covenant involvement, S-III and S-II Blue Team involvement (remember they're trapped in a shield world ) and Spirit of Fire involvement (they're drifting in Space, but Serena said her sensor detected something just as the game came to an end.)

This ties up the loose ends of 3 different story plots and potentially puts them back on one path, especially as they all work together for a similar purpose. John is the Master Chief and he gets Fred, Kelly, Linda, Alice, Douglas, and Jerome, all of the current survivors from the S-II program, as well as the S-III's Tom, Lucy, Ash, Mark, Olivia, as well as Team Katana of Gamma Company (they're currently contained inside Slipspace Pods and unable to be removed at the moment.) Than having the Spirit of Fire would give the Spartans the ability to maneuver through space and do whatever it is they need to complete their mission and go home (with the assistance of the Forerunner or possibly Engineers in the rebuilding of their Shaw-Fujikawa Mass Slipspace generator.

TheBDanAbstract
06-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Story will be garbage. Gameplay and Online is all I will be focussing on. I never ever follow the Halo storylines anyway.

Then you sir, are retarded.

DarkReign2021
06-07-2011, 10:59 PM

+1.

Not for the fact that you think the Halo story is retarded, but for the fact that you think the Halo story is retarded and you clicked on a link called "Story Prediction" on the Halo 4 board (and I'm not directing this at the guy I quoted. Just to be clear. lol)

Beefdagreat
06-08-2011, 01:11 AM
From the trailer, I can tell you that the "Jetpack" will be implemented. The thing is, Master Chief already had it on when inside that tube...

So maybe, that jetpacks are added and can be used throughout the whole game yes? haha.

TTD187
06-08-2011, 04:59 AM
I doubt there will be any covenant and if there is, then they'll be pretty weak, I think this because they're stearing from purple and the main source of purple is the covenant, so The Flood, disorientated Covenant and something new, I really need to play the original games and then Halo 3 again :) I don't care much for Reach because it was kinda boring.

ZingZitang
06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I've read Cryptum cover to cover a couple dozen times and have it memorized by heart (as I do all of the books, comics, and videos.) I do believe that the new games will be leaning towards the themes that the books are following.

Based on the storyline of the 3 primary games in the series as well as the sheer amount of focus and Importance placed onto them, I believe the Flood are the singular most important element in the Halo Universe. They're the Yuuzhan Vong and Reapers of the Halo series. Intergalactic lifeforms that are driven to, and quite capable of, destroying entire galaxies. The forerunner fell into Extinction because they could not contain the spread of the Flood. As they continued to lose more and more worlds to the creatures, they eventually created the Halo installations as their last resort and n the end were forced to use them.

That alone tells us that the Flood is, for a fact, free and it will not be stopped by merely killing the Gravemind and destroying Halo and the Ark. That tells me that the Flood will continue to be an important element in the series and will probably be the primary enemy in the new trilogy.

That's not to say there won't be other enemies in the series though. The Forerunner, though likely to be your allies moreso than enemies, do still have a history with humanity. There's also the issue of the fact that we destroyed a Halo installation twice as well as the Ark being used to rebuild them. The covenant, although in shambles, do still exist as individual races as well and it seems likely that the Brutes could still play a role and may even possess the ability to maintain legions of grunts, jackals, drones, and hunters; However, the game takes place (I believe) outside of the Milky Way galaxy. Whether we're in Dark Space or another Galaxy is left to be decided, but all I can say is that when the portal closed with half of the ship still inside, the half trapped in this [slipspace] portal could have very well ended up anywhere in the universe, likely being a place that the Forerunner managed to access perhaps as a means of surviving the Halo destruction and thus eliminating the need for the Shield Worlds (which would explain why the 2 known shield worlds in the Halo universe have been completely empty. This could easily eliminate any lack of Covenant involvement in a potentially Forerunner/Flood-centric trilogy.

If the series does manage to get back into the Milky Way galaxy, perhaps some quiet, far-off corner that Humanity isn't familiar with, than that would give us the option of Covenant involvement, S-III and S-II Blue Team involvement (remember they're trapped in a shield world ) and Spirit of Fire involvement (they're drifting in Space, but Serena said her sensor detected something just as the game came to an end.)

This ties up the loose ends of 3 different story plots and potentially puts them back on one path, especially as they all work together for a similar purpose. John is the Master Chief and he gets Fred, Kelly, Linda, Alice, Douglas, and Jerome, all of the current survivors from the S-II program, as well as the S-III's Tom, Lucy, Ash, Mark, Olivia, as well as Team Katana of Gamma Company (they're currently contained inside Slipspace Pods and unable to be removed at the moment.) Than having the Spirit of Fire would give the Spartans the ability to maneuver through space and do whatever it is they need to complete their mission and go home (with the assistance of the Forerunner or possibly Engineers in the rebuilding of their Shaw-Fujikawa Mass Slipspace generator.I like your Theory,(probably because its pretty similar to mine!). I think the possibility of Forerunner Survivors inside the Micro Dyson Sphere is Very likely, and unfortunately your right, the Flood isn't so Easily Defeated.

While there are obvious differences between the Slipspace portal at the Core of Onyx, and the portal that is now in the place of the planet the Chief and Cortana were orbitting(There can be no doubt that they were orbiting an Artificial Forerunner Planet. A Shield World Mabye.). The portal they are now hurtling towards must be a slipspace portal to the Micro Dyson Sphere, where Blue Team, Dr Halsey, Mendez, and the Spartan III's are.

I surmise that the differences are inconsequential. Maybe this particular Shield world was different? Or Malfunctioned? Or maybe it wasn't a Shield world per se, We have only seen two of them After all.

One Question though, and tell me if I'm wrong, but Halo Wars Takes Place 20 Years before Halo 1 - 3. So when Serena tells Captain Cutter to wake up, Because "Somethings happened", Could it really correspond with the Ending of Halo 3?

It never says there was such a great passage of time, although it could be assumed. And it would make things very, very interesting. Spartan III's, Blue Team, Red Team, Dr. Halsey, Chief Mendez, and John and Cortana! With possible Forerunner Survivors? That would be an Amazing Story.

WIN!

P.S. Did anyone Notice Cortana's new look? I know we only saw her for a split second, but she didn't look Quite as Sexy. Lets hope thats not the Case.

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 05:30 PM
One Question though, and tell me if I'm wrong, but Halo Wars Takes Place 20 Years before Halo 1 - 3. So when Serena tells Captain Cutter to wake up, Because "Somethings happened", Could it really correspond with the Ending of Halo 3?

It never says there was such a great passage of time, although it could be assumed. And it would make things very, very interesting. Spartan III's, Blue Team, Red Team, Dr. Halsey, Chief Mendez, and John and Cortana! With possible Forerunner Survivors? That would be an Amazing Story.

Most of the Spirit's crew was in cryo so ya it's possible that 20 or more years could have passed. Thinking of how long it takes our space probes to reach the edge of our solar system I'd imagine it would have to take decades for the Spirit to run into anything meaningful.

I'd guess the reason they didn't specify how long it has been was for this exact reason, they could decide later on how to tie in their story with the rest of the Halo universe.

cutchinz
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I like your Theory,(probably because its pretty similar to mine!). I think the possibility of Forerunner Survivors inside the Micro Dyson Sphere is Very likely, and unfortunately your right, the Flood isn't so Easily Defeated.

While there are obvious differences between the Slipspace portal at the Core of Onyx, and the portal that is now in the place of the planet the Chief and Cortana were orbitting(There can be no doubt that they were orbiting an Artificial Forerunner Planet. A Shield World Mabye.). The portal they are now hurtling towards must be a slipspace portal to the Micro Dyson Sphere, where Blue Team, Dr Halsey, Mendez, and the Spartan III's are.

I surmise that the differences are inconsequential. Maybe this particular Shield world was different? Or Malfunctioned? Or maybe it wasn't a Shield world per se, We have only seen two of them After all.

WIN!

P.S. Did anyone Notice Cortana's new look? I know we only saw her for a split second, but she didn't look Quite as Sexy. Lets hope thats not the Case.
Ya I saw that too :( and she was being voiced by somebody else I think!

ZingZitang
06-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I'd guess the reason they didn't specify how long it has been was for this exact reason, they could decide later on how to tie in their story with the rest of the Halo universe.Thats a very good point.

Ya I saw that too :( and she was being voiced by somebody else I think!I thought she still Sounded Like Jen Taylor. But there is so little to listen to its hard to tell.

cutchinz
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Thats a very good point.

I thought she still Sounded Like Jen Taylor. But there is so little to listen to its hard to tell.
Ya you could very well be right all we really heard her say was "Chief" and it sounded kinda like her so it might be.

simon_super_sheep
06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I think the story is going to be about the forerunners and how master chief/john aka s117 will have a story about how he is tied in with them being as he is the reclaimer they might have a more powerful enemy for him to fight because judging by the trailer they are not out to hurt him other wise they would of destroyed him while still in his cryo - chamber .
if this is not the way the story is going it could be a case of the prophets already knew about these planets and sent some of thier people to look around the planet for clues as to what happened to the forerunners and to see if there are any more powerful artifacts that can be used to destroy the human race.
my third and final opinion about story could be the far out concept of the flood trying to get cortana back from the chief so they can use her knowledge and the chief has to protect her.
knowing my luck the story will not have anything to do with any of the things i just said but still they would all work and all be good story lines if given the right angle...
i know people will say thats stupid and im an idiot for saying those things but they are just my opinions.

DarkReign2021
06-08-2011, 07:50 PM
^opinions are opinions, man. We all have them and yours is just as valid as the rest of ours. It's always a possibility. Anything is possible right now. But I will say I don't think Covenant will have any major involvement at all. That trilogy ended with Halo 3. The story is told of how Humanity survived the war against the Covenant and denied them the right to use the Halo array, but as we've seen proven with Cryptum, there is so much more to the Universe than just the war. It's always been bigger than just the Covenant and that's been hinted at since Halo 1's Two Betrayals when Cortana explains that the Halo's were created to starve the flood. Such a drastic measure is not something to be taken lightly and compared to that, the Covenant killing humans on a holy quest is small change compared to the Galactic consumer that is the Inferi (or as most know them, the Flood.) Much like Pirates of the Caribbean, they did what they needed to do to tell the story of Mr. Turner and Ms. Swan and now they're telling a new story. That's what I personally think Halo is aiming to do as well.

ZingZitang
06-09-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm not going to call you stupid, but I will tell you some things you might not know.
I think the story is going to be about the forerunners and how master chief/john aka s117 will have a story about how he is tied in with them being as he is the reclaimer they might have a more powerful enemy for him to fight because judging by the trailer they are not out to hurt him other wise they would of destroyed him while still in his cryo - chamber .

Reclaimer: Humanity is the Reclaimer, not just John. The Human Race was Designated as the Successor to the Forerunners. To take up the "Mantle" After the Forerunners were gone.

The Forerunners Believed the Mantle was passed down to them by an even earlier and more advanced race, the Precursors. The Mantle is also Believed to be the Source of the Forerunners Duty to Protect the Galaxy, and have thus handed that Duty to Humanity.

There are a few References to this in the Books. Seriously, Read them if you haven't. You will gain so much more insight into the Halo Universe.

And the Forerunners, if they still Exist, are most likely inside the Micro-Dyson Sphere. I don't really think they have any Direct involvement in the Teaser Trailer, But We really don't know at this point.

if this is not the way the story is going it could be a case of the prophets already knew about these planets and sent some of thier people to look around the planet for clues as to what happened to the forerunners and to see if there are any more powerful artifacts that can be used to destroy the human race.
Actually, the Prophets Have Really Very little knowledge of the Forerunners. They're smart enough to backwards engineer and re purpose some Forerunner Technology, but the Prophets Really have Zero Conceptual Knowledge of the Forerunners and their Constructs.

my third and final opinion about story could be the far out concept of the flood trying to get cortana back from the chief so they can use her knowledge and the chief has to protect her.

With the Gravemind Destroyed, if the Flood are still Active(Which they Probably Are) they have no Central Intelligence. Thats what the Gravemind was. One Giant Hive-mind-Like Compilation of the Minds of Flood Victims, that Controls all of the Flood. So without the Gravemind, they're basically Mindless Monsters, driven only by Hunger.

DarkReign2021
06-09-2011, 08:27 PM
^until they build a new Gravemind. When a gravemind is not present, the natural instinct of a Flood parasite is to consume and destroy first off, than concentrate the mass of corpses into the eventual creation of another Gravemind. At the same time, the Gravemind itself is not an omni-potent source of intelligence for the Flood. Gravemind construction is continual as the Flood grow larger in numbers. The Graveminds are able to communicate "telepathically" (like what Cortana and GM did with the Chief in H3) and this what allows them to coordinate their attack even when they're on opposite sides of the Galaxy. The further you are from the flood and the more of them you have, the harder it is to control everything. So even though we may have killed the Gravemind in Halo 3, chances are there are more out there. (Especially considering the Flood were already free when we arrived on Installation 06 in Halo 2. This would suggest that the Flood are already loose in various locations around the Galaxy and are slowly making their push toward consuming it already. Hence more Graveminds are sure to exist.)

Now personally I'm curious what the... prisoner meant at the end of the Cryptum novel... What could the Forerunner have done to make it so... vengeful and spiteful. And why did the Humans and San'Shyuum fear it?

ZingZitang
06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
^until they build a new Gravemind. When a gravemind is not present, the natural instinct of a Flood parasite is to consume and destroy first off, than concentrate the mass of corpses into the eventual creation of another Gravemind. At the same time, the Gravemind itself is not an omni-potent source of intelligence for the Flood. Gravemind construction is continual as the Flood grow larger in numbers. The Graveminds are able to communicate "telepathically" (like what Cortana and GM did with the Chief in H3) and this what allows them to coordinate their attack even when they're on opposite sides of the Galaxy. The further you are from the flood and the more of them you have, the harder it is to control everything. So even though we may have killed the Gravemind in Halo 3, chances are there are more out there. (Especially considering the Flood were already free when we arrived on Installation 06 in Halo 2. This would suggest that the Flood are already loose in various locations around the Galaxy and are slowly making their push toward consuming it already. Hence more Graveminds are sure to exist.)

Now personally I'm curious what the... prisoner meant at the end of the Cryptum novel... What could the Forerunner have done to make it so... vengeful and spiteful. And why did the Humans and San'Shyuum fear it?

All True about the Gravemind and the Flood.

But I'm not sure the Forerunner did anything to the Prisoner. I haven't Read Cryptum in a while, but I'm fairly Certain the Prisoner was. . . Imprisoned by the Precursors. The Humans Discovered it in a Precursor City. The Humans Feared it because of What it Showed them. We don't know what the Prisoner showed the Humans, but it evidently Scared the Piss out of them. And If I remember Correctly the Forerunner didn't even know what the Prisoner Was. There was Even Speculation that the Prisoner may be Older than Even the Precursors themselves.

How Interesting would it be if the Prisoner Has a Role in the New Trilogy?

ZingZitang
06-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I hope there's another Gravemind (Precursor? If you guys have read Cryptum, at the end it implies that the Forerunners worshiped Graveminds... I think.)

Also, I hope there's mention to the Didact + Human/Prophet wars against the Prophets. This campaign may be very long. :)

Actually the Forerunners did not Worship Graveminds. They Had a Central Belief System that is thought to have been Handed down to them By a Prior, more advanced Race the Forerunners Called the Precursors.

And did you mean Human & Prophets at war with the Forerunners? The Forerunner Military Leader being the Didact.

In the books Dr. Halsley goes into the Ark w/Kely or Linda and goes into some parrellel space
They Don't go to the Ark. They're on the Forerunner Shield World Onyx, also the Training Ground for Spartan IIIs. They enter a Portal at the Core of the Shield World.

vI-Youneek-Iv
06-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Halo 4=Halo 1 Story Line
Halo 5=Halo 2 Story Line
Halo 6=Halo 3 Story Line

That's if what they said starting a new trilogy and making the next 3. I would think they would be similar to each other, new characters and different enemies, but similar plot sequence.

ZingZitang
06-10-2011, 07:03 PM
The Chief and Cortana were also seen orbiting above an Artificial Forerunner Planet, Most Likely another Shield World. There is now a portal in the Location of the Planet they Were Orbiting at the End of Halo 3, and they look to be Heading into that portal. It seems, According to Halo Waypoint, the Portal has Opened on the Surface of the Planet. So the Chief and Cortana are still Hurtling Towards/Orbiting the Forerunner planet seen at the End of Halo 3, yet it seems the Surface of the Planet has Opened into a Portal, which would make a little more sense.

In this portal they Will eventually Find the the Spartans IIs(Blue Team), Spartan IIIs, Chief Mendez, and Dr. Halsey, Fight Some new Adversary, probably something older than the Flood itself(The Prisoner?), and then Fight for a way out of the Micro-Dyson Sphere.
Also According to Waypoint:

"Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe, and a new trilogy begins."

It would seem even more likely now, that the Prisoner may have some involvement in the New Trilogy.

DarkReign2021
06-10-2011, 09:03 PM
That is a badass synopsis for the new Halo trilogy, but honestly they are probably giving us way more information than I think they anticipated. The Halo community is full of some smart sons of bitches. We've pretty much had the whole game figured out since the beginning. This will be no different I suspect.

*Cryptum Spoilers!!!*

The prisoner is most certainly, or at least so it claims, a Precursor. Obviously given the rebellious and naive nature of Bornstellar, he's not going to know the first thing about the Precursors, especially their appearance given how ancient they really are.

That being said, here's the excerpt from the book word for word. This is what the prisoner told the Didact during their first encounter on the Precursor world.

"We meet again, young one. I am the last of those who gave breath and shape and form, millions of years ago.
I am the last of those your kind rose up against and ruthlessly destroyed.
I am the last Precursor.
And our answer is at hand."

I'm convinced that's the truth and that whatever was inside was indeed, at least at some point, a Precursor. Whether or not it still is remains to be question as the book suggests that it was being hunted by the Flood. I would also imagine that it is hunting the Forerunner species, which in itself would be a huge plot point (especially since it suggests that the escaped prisoner may very well have access and control of a Halo installation.)

I'm excited just thinking about it. A Halo game that isn't about killing colorful aliens with suicidal religious tendencies. Like I said, this makes the past Halo's look like a footnote. Destruction of the Human race to activate the rings versus the destruction of entire galaxies by the Flood and a millenia-old creature that even the Forerunner are frightened of that's hellbent on the Forerunners destruction.

ZingZitang
06-14-2011, 05:30 PM
That is a badass synopsis for the new Halo trilogy, but honestly they are probably giving us way more information than I think they anticipated. The Halo community is full of some smart sons of bitches. We've pretty much had the whole game figured out since the beginning.I'd like to think that we have figured it out, but I doubt we do.

I'm sure we've came pretty close to hitting the Nail on the Head, but these guys know how to feed us information.

The prisoner is most certainly, or at least so it claims, a Precursor. Obviously given the rebellious and naive nature of Bornstellar, he's not going to know the first thing about the Precursors, especially their appearance given how ancient they really are.

That being said, here's the excerpt from the book word for word. This is what the prisoner told the Didact during their first encounter on the Precursor world.

"We meet again, young one. I am the last of those who gave breath and shape and form, millions of years ago.
I am the last of those your kind rose up against and ruthlessly destroyed.
I am the last Precursor.
And our answer is at hand."

I'm convinced that's the truth and that whatever was inside was indeed, at least at some point, a Precursor. Whether or not it still is remains to be question as the book suggests that it was being hunted by the Flood. I would also imagine that it is hunting the Forerunner species, which in itself would be a huge plot point (especially since it suggests that the escaped prisoner may very well have access and control of a Halo installation.)

This I completely Agree with.

Upon further Research, we know that Mendicant Bias Test Fired the 12th Halo above Charum Hakkor, the Planet where the Prisoner was held. There is speculation that Mendicant Bias may have communicated with the Prisoner, and may have Brought the Prisoner to the Halo Installation. Mendicant Then Attacks the Forerunner Capitol with the 12th Halo Installation, However After Bornstellar escapes the Battle at the Forerunner Capital it never says how the Battle Turned out. Whether or not all 6 Rings Controlled by Mendicant Bias were Destroyed, or if he Escaped with the Prisoner on one of the Installations.

I have a couple of other interesting Theories:

First:
While Researching Mendicant Bias, and the Battle at the Forerunner Capitol, there is a Slipspace portal Described that sounds Very similar to the Portal we see in the Halo 4 Trailer.

Second:
Before the Forerunner - Human War, Humanity was under Attack by the Flood, and were eventually fighting a war on Two Fronts, with the Forerunner, and with the Flood. And they were Successful, for a time. Also During the Human - Flood War, Humanity had Devised a Way of Actually Defeating the Flood. However, Humanity was eventually deteated by the Forerunner, and the Forerunner destroyed all their Knowledge and Technology.

But the Key to Defeating the Flood, Whatever Humanity had Discovered or Created to Defeat them is stored in the Genetic Memory of Humans. The Librarian Knew this.

We don't know whether or not its All Humans, or Just a few in particular. But we do know that John, the Master Chief, has the Mysterious ability to understand Forerunner symbols, and Holographic Control Panels. I would bet that in some way, John has the Genetic Memories of the Ancient Human Civilization, and has the Key to Defeating the Flood stored somewhere in his subconscious.

indoorblakininja
06-15-2011, 03:40 AM
My head almost imploded from reading all this :D

I wonder who will we be in multiplayer since the Humans are buddy-buddy with the Sanghelli

fax5jrj
06-15-2011, 09:43 PM
It seems, According to Halo Waypoint, the Portal has Opened on the Surface of the Planet. So the Chief and Cortana are still Hurtling Towards/Orbiting the Forerunner planet seen at the End of Halo 3, yet it seems the Surface of the Planet has Opened into a Portal, which would make a little more sense.
Also According to Waypoint:

"Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe, and a new trilogy begins."

It would seem even more likely now, that the Prisoner may have some involvement in the New Trilogy.

I read somewhere that it had been a long time since Halo 3. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it was take too long to the planet's surface.

Or, here's a suggestion. 343 studios is teasing us with bullshit, considering there is a booster/jet pack now on Master Chief's armor, and it's taken "a long time" to get near a planet that didn't seem all that far away.

Maybe that's just me.

DarkReign2021
06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Upon further Research, we know that Mendicant Bias Test Fired the 12th Halo above Charum Hakkor, the Planet where the Prisoner was held. There is speculation that Mendicant Bias may have communicated with the Prisoner, and may have Brought the Prisoner to the Halo Installation. Mendicant Then Attacks the Forerunner Capitol with the 12th Halo Installation, However After Bornstellar escapes the Battle at the Forerunner Capital it never says how the Battle Turned out. Whether or not all 6 Rings Controlled by Mendicant Bias were Destroyed, or if he Escaped with the Prisoner on one of the Installations.

As far as anybody has told us. all 7 of the known Halo installations in the primary array are in place (except for Installation 05 for obvious reasons.) Spark said all 7 were primed and ready for activation from the Ark at the end of Halo 2, which would suggest that they are in place as they should be; However, we know there were 12 rings to begin with thanks to Cryptum, which tells us that all 6 couldn't possibly have been destroyed. 12-7=5. This would suggest that if one could've survived the battle, than it's possible another one may have as well.

I have no doubt, given the importance of the role Mendicant Bias played according to the terminals and Cryptum, he will be behind a number of the events that happen in the next trilogy. Whether or not the Prisoner is still alive by the end of the Cryptum trilogy will likely have an effect on whether he plays a role in Halo 4 or not as well. It's tough to say since the first book was mostly just an introduction into the universe that Bear is trying to create. The action remains to be seen.

A little off-topic, but food for thought to anybody interested: It also becomes painfully obvious that the reason the Flood were never wiped out after the 1st activation is because of the shortage of Installations to begin with. If you think of the Halo's weapon like ripples in a water it makes sense. If you drop a pebble into a puddle, you have a ring that goes out in every direction (hence why they're built as Halos to begin with.) It eventually fizzles out and in a big enough puddle won't cover the entire galaxy. But if you strategically drop in a handful of pebbles at specific locations, they will begin to overlap and will eventually cover the entire span. For whatever reason, the ark did not repair these initially destroyed rings and the flood were never wiped out because there's a pocket of the Milky Way Galaxy that the Halo could not affect. This explains how the Gravemind was so able to survive for so long (a question I had been pondering since Halo 2 first came out.) This would also suggest that the existence of a Forerunner-controlled System may still be a possibility. If the Flood were safe from the Halos, than it's possible some of the Forerunner were as well, thus giving us a possible gameplay for Halo 4 assuming we returned to the Milky Way Galaxy at the end of H3.

I have a couple of other interesting Theories:

First:
While Researching Mendicant Bias, and the Battle at the Forerunner Capitol, there is a Slipspace portal Described that sounds Very similar to the Portal we see in the Halo 4 Trailer.

It's possible, but I'm personally still leaning more toward a Dyson Sphere portal myself. It's an element in the series that hasn't seen any screen-time outside of Halo Wars, but they're obviously important because it's one of three times we've heard of a shield world existing (Halo Wars, Ghosts of Onyx, and Cryptum.)

Second:
Before the Forerunner - Human War, Humanity was under Attack by the Flood, and were eventually fighting a war on Two Fronts, with the Forerunner, and with the Flood. And they were Successful, for a time. Also During the Human - Flood War, Humanity had Devised a Way of Actually Defeating the Flood. However, Humanity was eventually deteated by the Forerunner, and the Forerunner destroyed all their Knowledge and Technology.

But the Key to Defeating the Flood, Whatever Humanity had Discovered or Created to Defeat them is stored in the Genetic Memory of Humans. The Librarian Knew this.

We don't know whether or not its All Humans, or Just a few in particular. But we do know that John, the Master Chief, has the Mysterious ability to understand Forerunner symbols, and Holographic Control Panels. I would bet that in some way, John has the Genetic Memories of the Ancient Human Civilization, and has the Key to Defeating the Flood stored somewhere in his subconscious.

Master Chief is definitely the important element in this puzzle. There's no doubt there's more to him than meets the eye. Dr. Halsey saw it when she tested him for the first time with the Quarter in Elysium City and Cortana saw it when she was told she could choose any Spartan. They've called it luck up until this point, but it's definitely pointing to something else. Luck doesn't allow you to jump off of MAC stations and bomb Covenant Cruisers or survived Atmospheric Freefalls and hard impacts into the Earth or destroy an entire religious armada by yourself. If he wasn't destined for great things, he'd probably still be trying to figure out how the energy bridge activates on Level 2 in the first game.

It also definitely sounds like the Humans had a solution. Whether or not the solution works is questionable, but it's better than activating the Halos again and if any human has it, it'll be the Master Chief (where's an Animus when you need one? lol.)

@Fax: The MJOLNIR Mk VI armor has always had boosters on it according to the books. It's an out-of-atmosphere navigation tool. It would've been completely useless in the games since we were always held by gravity, but now there's a benefit to having it. (Or it may just be a retcon so they can add something new to the Chief for the new series. I won't complain there.)

Also, they weren't really moving. If anything, it was a monotonously slow drift. In space, distance can also be deceiving. It look close, but that could easily have been a years worth of Drift. There's also the possibility that the explosions on the ship are now propelling it toward the portal or the portal itself was activated and is now pulling the ship in. There's no doubt the chief has been in cryo for a decent amount of time. At least a few years as Origins, the 2 movies from Halo Legends, were told in 2556 (as you'll remember, the Ark was destroyed roughly around November or December in the year 2552, so that gives us at least 4 years of drift.

DBR
06-17-2011, 07:04 PM
what I think is a possible cause for the covenant to be in the new halo is that a covenant ship or armada was dispatched to investigate possible forerunner technology (the big artificial planet thing donīt really know what to call it) and was caught by it like the chief and cortana, and then when they had been dragged into it they where caught in it with no way of getting out or cummunicating with the other parts of the covenant army. the rest of the covenant pressumed that they had been killed and forgetts about them. and now we fastforward to halo 4īs start the chief and cortana are caught by the same thing and come to the same place as the covenant armada and if we now ad in the crew of the spirit of fire, alot of flood and some forerunner mystery I think we get a story with alot of nice fighting. and because of that the covenant forces in this place have absoulutly no idea of the civil war that divided the covenant (because of the fact that cummunications was cut) we get to fight some elites.:)

PyreBall
06-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Going by the teaser trailer it appears as though this will have something to do with the Forerunners, which excites me quite a bit :)

Demonhunter21
06-19-2011, 04:31 PM
after having recently read a lot of Halo stuff on this site (I haven't read many of the books, mainly the cryptorum? one you guys were one about) but still have some theories, but less-well educated as the ones already mentioned and explained. Some are slight expansions on ones already mentioned as well.

please do correct me on anything I get wrong as I do wish to learn more about the Halo universe.

not a lot seems to be known about the precursors, other than they seemed to pass this mantle (not sure if its just ruler or galaxy or some object) to forerunners who passed it onto Humans (as far as I discern from previous posts), so if this is an object, what if it passes some sort of telepathic form of communication to certain individuals of the race that is currently in ownership of it. similar to what the gravemind has as stated in previous posts. this could mean that some precursor(s) or forerunner(s) or both could have used this to communicate directly with cheif throughout his life and influence his decisions without him ever realising. This would also cover that 'luck' that he has had throughout his life.

It was mentioned earlier that Humans devolved due to forerunners setting them back after winning the war and that the pre-Humans (its what I'll call the Humans that were around at the same time as the forerunners) had a way of dealing with the flood. this solution could be the structure he is headed towards, the pre-Human's way of daeling with them, however I have been unable to see a way the story would progress from there so I kind of ruled out this idea. Although as pre-Human's were around forerunner time and had better tech than the current Human's have it could mean that their building, structures etc were similar and so some pre-Human tech is confused with Forerunners maybe?

After reading previous theories I doubt this one - Another thing a thought of before reading through a lot of Halo info is the that forerunners stored races in something or other (I think it was Arks) and so perhaps what he is heading to is someone sort of Ark that didn't work correctly and so is infested with all sorts of races that have possibly mutated or gained some sort of leadership structure within this Ark and cheif has to fight his way through them or something similar to unlock the secrets of it which will then lead onto Halos 4&5 story line

any feedback good or bad on my ideas is appreciated as I did say I'm the smartest when it comes to the Haloverse but I do intend to get through a good chunk on the books this summer.

DarkReign2021
06-19-2011, 07:25 PM
after having recently read a lot of Halo stuff on this site (I haven't read many of the books, mainly the cryptorum? one you guys were one about) but still have some theories, but less-well educated as the ones already mentioned and explained. Some are slight expansions on ones already mentioned as well.

please do correct me on anything I get wrong as I do wish to learn more about the Halo universe.

not a lot seems to be known about the precursors, other than they seemed to pass this mantle (not sure if its just ruler or galaxy or some object) to forerunners who passed it onto Humans (as far as I discern from previous posts), so if this is an object, what if it passes some sort of telepathic form of communication to certain individuals of the race that is currently in ownership of it. similar to what the gravemind has as stated in previous posts. this could mean that some precursor(s) or forerunner(s) or both could have used this to communicate directly with cheif throughout his life and influence his decisions without him ever realising. This would also cover that 'luck' that he has had throughout his life.

It was mentioned earlier that Humans devolved due to forerunners setting them back after winning the war and that the pre-Humans (its what I'll call the Humans that were around at the same time as the forerunners) had a way of dealing with the flood. this solution could be the structure he is headed towards, the pre-Human's way of daeling with them, however I have been unable to see a way the story would progress from there so I kind of ruled out this idea. Although as pre-Human's were around forerunner time and had better tech than the current Human's have it could mean that their building, structures etc were similar and so some pre-Human tech is confused with Forerunners maybe?

After reading previous theories I doubt this one - Another thing a thought of before reading through a lot of Halo info is the that forerunners stored races in something or other (I think it was Arks) and so perhaps what he is heading to is someone sort of Ark that didn't work correctly and so is infested with all sorts of races that have possibly mutated or gained some sort of leadership structure within this Ark and cheif has to fight his way through them or something similar to unlock the secrets of it which will then lead onto Halos 4&5 story line

any feedback good or bad on my ideas is appreciated as I did say I'm the smartest when it comes to the Haloverse but I do intend to get through a good chunk on the books this summer.

The ability to speak telepathically is indeed an ability that Gravemind and, through him, Cortana were able to implement, in this case speaking to the Chief. The Gravemind's existence is entirely derived from the Flood mutation (which can be thought of as a voice telling the infected to feed) and the intelligence of those absorbed into the overall biomass. That would suggest that the ability to speak Telepathically was obtained by a previous host. It's a long shot, but it's a possibility that the Forerunner were able to do this and it was given to the GM when he absorbed them. If they can, however, it would be quite strenuous to pull off as they never use it during Cryptum and prefer direct speech in person. It's not likely though.

The Forerunner, however, did have things similar to it. For instance, in Cryptum, the young Forerunner Bornstellar is put through an adulthood ritual from his first life to his second by the Didact War Hero as an emergency action to be prepared for imminent conflict. This ritual weakens the Forerunner and is commonly done by the genetic father at a slow pace, but it was done so hurriedly for reasons I already stated. This ritual transfers memories and experience of the ritual father to the "child" and they slowly begin to unlock in the receiver's mind. At first, Bornstellar cannot handle the powerful memories the Didact has given him, but by the end he has attained full control of everything the Didact knew and was.

Getting back to your theory of the Forerunner influencing the Chief, while there is no basis and only assumption, in theory it would be possible to do the memory imprint on a human being. The Chief has been stated in the past as mysteriously being able to understand Forerunner technology and it seems entirely possible that a genetic implant was placed on the ancient bloodline of John's family (In Cryptum, there were 2 humans that played an important role and became relatively close friends to Bornstellar. He knows the humans had the secret to defeating the flood, but the humans have long since lost the knowledge of it. It would seem likely that he would want to give at least one of these two humans imprints of Forerunner understanding in the hopes of the advanced humans in the future being able to recover that genetic memory. It's also likely that, given Forerunner passed the mantle on to Humanity, they would at least want humanity to be able to understand how the Halos work in case they need them in the future.

Summing it up, it seems likely that the Forerunner are somewhat driving the Chief indirectly by means of a generations old imprinting in accordance to my theory.

As for the device being the Human solution to the Flood, if that were the case than the Forerunner would have known about it and used it. Obviously this solution is nothing physical and is more of a strategy or some means of thought (or at the least never reached a physical plane and remained only in theory if it is a device.)

We're never told of pre-human design style, so I honestly cant be the judge on the idea of Forerunner and Human technology being confused except it seems likely that, in casting down humanity, all human existence outside of the planet they were confined to was destroyed to wipe out chances of history repeating itself.

I can say the Ark theory is unfortunately false (as interesting as it would be.) It's confirmed that, within the Milky Way Galaxy, 1 Ark was created along with 12 Rings of which only 7 are KNOWN to have survived the attack by Mendicant Bias during an attack on the Forerunner homeworld. The one Ark housed all known alien life and, upon activation of the installations, was programmed to send out the lifeforms to their original homeworlds to allow life to exist once more. As far as we could tell from Halo 3, all life was evacuated from the Ark and returned to their homeworlds.

Demonhunter21
06-19-2011, 10:14 PM
you said about the Forerunners would have most likely wiped out all Human tech to avoid history repeating itself or that they would have used it if was a way to deal with the flood.

well what if the pre-Human's had sent this out incredibly far away so the forerunners didn't know about it or had hidden it in slipspace somehow somewhere. Its roughly moon to planet in size so could it have been some way to give all inhabitants of a world the thing that Johnson (and other Spartan Is) have which means he can't get/is resistant to flood infection and therefore prevent a whole species getting infected. although they could have developed to avoid side effects as well. It would be a way to prevent flood infection. A reason for pre-Humans keeping it so far out away from all other species could be so that the Flood Gravemind(s) don't learn of it and try to attack it.
I understand that there isn't really a true basis to this theory though and doubt this would be included in the actually story line but could still be true to a certain extent.

If we're now assuming its forerunner, you said:
'It's confirmed that, within the Milky Way Galaxy, 1 Ark was created along with 12 Rings'
what if it was built outside of the Milky Way galaxy though so some currently unknown reason or while it was being moved (if Arks can be moved) there was some sort of accident which effectively flung it outside of the galaxy and so records of it were wiped or something along those lines.

It could also be some sort of Precursor structure with an as of yet unknown function rather than pre-Human or more likely Forerunner.

DarkReign2021
06-20-2011, 12:58 PM
you said about the Forerunners would have most likely wiped out all Human tech to avoid history repeating itself or that they would have used it if was a way to deal with the flood.

well what if the pre-Human's had sent this out incredibly far away so the forerunners didn't know about it or had hidden it in slipspace somehow somewhere. Its roughly moon to planet in size so could it have been some way to give all inhabitants of a world the thing that Johnson (and other Spartan Is) have which means he can't get/is resistant to flood infection and therefore prevent a whole species getting infected. although they could have developed to avoid side effects as well. It would be a way to prevent flood infection. A reason for pre-Humans keeping it so far out away from all other species could be so that the Flood Gravemind(s) don't learn of it and try to attack it.
I understand that there isn't really a true basis to this theory though and doubt this would be included in the actually story line but could still be true to a certain extent.

Always a possibility. According to Cryptum, though, the Forerunner have a fairly tight control over Slipspace manipulation. I don't believe Slipspace is a place where humans could've ever hidden anything, let alone a device so large as this Portal.

This is speculation as well, but based on what we've seen and heard of humans in the Halo series (the mindset that the narration gives us toward ourselves) is that humans are arrogant, strong-headed, persistent, and violent. When we talk about humans being advanced, I think you're trying to give them too much credit. As far as we know, human technology then is advanced to a point where humanity is in 2552. Humans are war-driven creatures and our best innovations come about through conflict, so a lot of technologies like Slipspace manipulation and the creation of worlds would be wholly beyond our comprehension.

If we're now assuming its forerunner, you said:
'It's confirmed that, within the Milky Way Galaxy, 1 Ark was created along with 12 Rings'
what if it was built outside of the Milky Way galaxy though so some currently unknown reason or while it was being moved (if Arks can be moved) there was some sort of accident which effectively flung it outside of the galaxy and so records of it were wiped or something along those lines.

It could also be some sort of Precursor structure with an as of yet unknown function rather than pre-Human or more likely Forerunner.

The ark itself was actually outside of the Milky Way galaxy just on the rim. But what I was getting at is that the Ark is a relay station for the Halo Installations. It's like the radio tower and charging station for the rest of the rings. It's only purpose for existing is to connect the rings. So for the existence of another Ark that would suggest that there's another set of rings in existence.

Seeing as how, at least up to our current point in Bear's Trilogy, the Forerunner are confined to the Milky Way Galaxy only, I doubt there's another Ark and Rings set out there. It's always a possibility that leaving the MWG was a last resort attempt to survive after activating the Halos. Even if it took centuries, at least they would be alive and they know there's life in other Galaxies because the Flood is an intergalactic threat that has consumed thousands of races before it. Perhaps they left to seek out survivors of the invasions in hopes of another species having the same weapon as humanity once possessed IF there ever was indeed a weapon against the Flood (again we forget to consider that this weapon may not be a device at all. It would be fitting if this weapon was an idea. A piece of knowledge or a strategy or something that can't be physically manifested.) Whatever it is, it is most assuredly a product of the Forerunners.

As for Precursors, that is always a possibility. In Cryptum there was an entire city made completely by Precursor ingenuity and this city is completely immune to decaying over time.This could very well be an object of theirs as ell, though it's unlikely that such a thing would have power. After the Precursors... left, all of their technology became completely inactive like a failsafe mode.

Demonhunter21
06-25-2011, 01:12 AM
thanks for the feedback on my Crazy ideas :)
its appreciated that you took the time to read them and think up a response as long as the ones you did.

can't really think of anything to add to it now though, might do once I've read the cryptum book as that seems like it could relate to Halo 4 a bit more than the others except maybe Ghosts of Onyx (which I have read), I think it was, where the spartan IIs and IIIs ended up in the Dyson sphere.

ZingZitang
08-18-2011, 03:45 PM
So instead of Re-posting a Very interesting new Theory, I would Simply Direct you to it. Its in the Halo 4 Predictions Thread. Check It Out!

StakemZ
08-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Oh..God. My head hurts now.

Barra
08-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Long time no see.

As regarding the human solution it was stated in cryptum (I think) that the prehumans changed their genetics or a familiar species genetics to cancel out the flood DNA over several generations. I may be wrong.....

DarkReign2021
08-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Seems like a plausible idea, but I don't think we were ever actually told WHAT the humans did to fight the flood. I could be mistaken though. I'm doing a recap of the series right now by reading the re-printed versions of TFoR, TF, and FS, than I'm gonna do GoO, than I'll brush up with Cryptum. This should have me ready for Glasslands and Primordium to release here in the next few months.

RBmaster9345
08-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Seeing as they showed us the new model for the Warthog there will be some humans or at least traces of them.

Ty-Rex
08-30-2011, 07:00 AM
I not very well-versed in Halo lore, but I strongly believe Master Chief will be in the game and he will kill aliens. He will use many different skills along with a plethora of weapons to do said killing. Hopefully the Arbiter shows up and assists Master Chief in killing other aliens and saving 1/3 of the universe. In Halo 4, the Arbiter will die tragically detonating a bomb on an asteroid that's on a collision course for Earth that the evil boss monster forerunner made. In Halo 6 Buck, the Rookie and Nathan Drake all show up and in the finale they all fuse together to form SSJ 3 Master Chief who will then kamehameha away the boss alien who is a mental organism designed only for killing. Upon defeating the final boss Master DrakeBuckChief realizes that he is the real alien monster and he nobly sacrifices himself to save all of the universe from the Matrix.

That's just my guess though.

LickableLemons7
08-30-2011, 07:47 PM
I not very well-versed in Halo lore, but I strongly believe Master Chief will be in the game and he will kill aliens. He will use many different skills along with a plethora of weapons to do said killing. Hopefully the Arbiter shows up and assists Master Chief in killing other aliens and saving 1/3 of the universe. In Halo 4, the Arbiter will die tragically detonating a bomb on an asteroid that's on a collision course for Earth that the evil boss monster forerunner made. In Halo 6 Buck, the Rookie and Nathan Drake all show up and in the finale they all fuse together to form SSJ 3 Master Chief who will then kamehameha away the boss alien who is a mental organism designed only for killing. Upon defeating the final boss Master DrakeBuckChief realizes that he is the real alien monster and he nobly sacrifices himself to save all of the universe from the Matrix.

That's just my guess though.

Oh god this made me laugh so hard lol

DocRevolt
11-05-2011, 09:08 PM

That's the spirit!

AtomicThumbs
11-21-2011, 06:44 PM
I hope the Covenant makes a return. Halo just doesn't seem like Halo without the Covenant. I hope the Flood is gone for good. I thought the Flood was great in the first game because their introduction was such a total surprise but in Halo 2 and 3 I was kind of bored with them. In Halo 3 the levels with the Flood were the least enjoyable.

I thought the Human-Covenant conflict was much more interesting.

DarkReign2021
11-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Covenant are up in the air as far as inclusion goes. Judging by the recently released Glasslands, although the Covenant itself has fallen, all of the races are obviously still out there and playing out their roles in the galaxy. Sangheili are fighting over whether they should ally themselves with humanity, Kig-Yar are sporadically allying themselves with the re-emerging Insurrectionists. Unggoy and Lekgolo are unknown at the moment as are most of the Jiralhanae (though some still loyally follow the Sangheili for some odd reason.) We already know that humanity is going to be present in the next game besides just the Master Chief (you can see the Human Ship "Infinity" during the Concept Art video) so it's possible other races will be playing a role as well.

As for the Flood, like it or not they are definitely here to stay. They are the ENTIRE driving force behind the Halo series. The flood are the entire reason the Forerunner are extinct, the Halo Array was built, and the Human race was taken from it's spot as the 3rd most advanced species in the Galaxy (after Precursor and Forerunner) and reverted back to it's primitive pre-industrial existence. Everything has happened as a result of the Flood coming from another Galaxy in an attempt to take over the Milky Way.

I personally think the Flood are going to be re-designed in function from the ground up and they will become a much more tolerable presence within the next trilogy, but they're also going to somehow introduce some sort of new enemy presence. Obviously Forerunner Sentinels and lord knows what other mechanical nightmares they've created will be an issue, but there's bound to be something else out there trying to kill us.