PDA

View Full Version : Some details revealed

ringmaster411
06-07-2011, 10:43 AM
What It Looks Like: Gotham City Impostors sports a stylized look that veers closer to more realistic visuals along the lines of a typical first-person shooter. Character models are solid, and the environment that we saw featured a respectable amount of detail. What stood out in this first look was the disparity in style between the cartoony look of the characters in the trailer shown and the in-game player models, which were very different.
What You Do: Gotham City Impostors is a team-based first-person shooter that revolves around two gangs, based on Batman and the Joker, respectively, competing against each other on maps set around notable Gotham City locales. The game will feature a variety of modes, including Psychological Warfare, which offers capture-the-flag-style mechanics that require a team to collect and set up a brainwashing machine in a specific location.
How It Plays: First-person shooter fans will be at home with the game's setup. Monolith isn't reinventing the wheel when it comes to console FPS controls. What is unique about Gotham City Impostor's controls are the variety of gadgets you can equip that let you get around or deal with enemies in style. You'll be able to customize your character in several different areas, ranging from weapon/gadget loadout to body type that has been made to offer unique bonuses. So, in addition to the standard array of machine guns, shotguns, and sniper rifles, players will be able to equip secondary weapons, gadgets, and support weapons. The ability to use axes, grapple lines, and assorted grenades puts a different slant on combat. Along the same lines, the body type you choose will offer speed or armor boosts that will be useful in a fight. For those who are curious, there's no bot support.

It sounds to me like just another online only team deathmatch game, but with a batman skin, not very exciting, but i may be wrong and i hope i am.

Mittens2317
06-07-2011, 12:56 PM
If you've read the recent Detective Comics story that it was based on, I'm sure you'd agree that it would've worked a hell of a lot better as an all-out MMO brawler with a massive variety of weapons. One word summed up the fight scenes in that story: chaos. A game like this should be absolutely chaotic, and a shooter is not the way to go with that.

ofay
06-15-2011, 02:01 PM
I hope it's not like bioshock 2 mp where you get hit with a plasmid then killed while you can't move

JohnnyBravo
10-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Customize Your Crazy - With Lucas Myers - YouTube

mcnichoj
10-06-2011, 12:54 AM
If you've read the recent Detective Comics story that it was based on, I'm sure you'd agree that it would've worked a hell of a lot better as an all-out MMO brawler with a massive variety of weapons. One word summed up the fight scenes in that story: chaos. A game like this should be absolutely chaotic, and a shooter is not the way to go with that.To me MMOs are pretty boring, just a guy running in circles while you see a million buttons on the bottom of the screen flash with a cool down radar.
This is just my opinion, plus you still have DC Universe.

I hope it's not like bioshock 2 mp where you get hit with a plasmid then killed while you can't moveYou're gonna hate the boomerang then as seen in the cideo below.