PDA

View Full Version : Price?

ChuckPalahniuk
06-08-2011, 01:38 AM
has anyone seen a price yet?

fax5jrj
06-08-2011, 02:13 AM
What do you think? $60, just like every other non-kinect non-PC game. Microsoft will never turn down a chance to make money.

Ivan Mendez
06-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Game Informer $40

Xerofox
06-08-2011, 02:17 AM
from wikipedia (other sites say the same thing)

During the Microsoft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft) press conference at the 2011 E3 Expo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E3_2011), it was revealed that Halo: Combat Evolved will be re-made by 343 Industries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/343_Industries) and Saber Interactive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saber_Interactive) with in-house game engine and released for the Xbox 360 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360) on November 15, 2011. This date marks the 10th anniversary of the original game's release.[104] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved#cite_note-remk-103) The remastered version of the original game will include online multiplayer and cooperative play functionality. [105] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved#cite_note-104) It was revealed that the Anniversary edition would retail for $39.99.

ChuckPalahniuk
06-08-2011, 02:21 AM
i figured that much seeing as how all the PS3 remakes are 40...no way would it be 60...i remember playing this game for hours like i did with golden eye with friends..cant wait!

Starstrukk X360A
06-08-2011, 02:41 AM
It'll be $40, and it'll be an awesome $40 I ever spent.

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 03:43 AM
I love the sound of it being $40 but I hope they come out with a Legendary Edition at whatever price too.

Kaiyo
06-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Most awesome $40 I'll ever spend for a game this year.

TTD187
06-08-2011, 05:03 AM
There's evidence that shows it'll be cheaper but from my common sense, I pulled out that this and DR2:OTR will both retail for 25/$40. The reason for this is because it's simply a remodel, I'm sure that they won't be re-recording the audio, they're just using a different engine and remodeling everything :) I believe all remakes and games using the same engine as a previous game set in the same world will be 25/$40 due to the fact that it isn't worth 40/$60.

Jawsant
06-08-2011, 09:54 AM
$39.99, its just remastered

Aaron15
06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
$40 so about 25 which is pretty good :D.

Opiate42
06-08-2011, 03:00 PM
$40 as part of this deal.

Futureshop canada has an E3 deal on right now but only until June 9. Pre-order and get up to $20 off each game up to 5 games. Just ordered Halo and 4 others from E3 that have me drooling, still saved about $75 after all the taxes were thrown in.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

timmeh9
06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Play.com are showing it at 39.99

Link (http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/20418254/Halo-Combat-Evolved-Anniversary/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchstring=X360e3sToRe&urlrefer=search)

cutchinz
06-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Well remember everyone thought that ODST was gonna be $40 and then they pulled the switcharoo on us and said oh ya it's $60 now sorry!!!

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 05:45 PM
$40 as part of this deal.

Futureshop canada has an E3 deal on right now but only until June 9. Pre-order and get up to $20 off each game up to 5 games. Just ordered Halo and 4 others from E3 that have me drooling, still saved about $75 after all the taxes were thrown in.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Why the hell is Combat Evolved $60? Our dollars are at freaking parity for God's sake!

Well remember everyone thought that ODST was gonna be $40 and then they pulled the switcharoo on us and said oh ya it's $60 now sorry!!!

Did any stores ever say ODST was going to be $40 though? I can't remember but I thought that was just some stupid rumour made up by people who were trying to act smart.

cutchinz
06-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Why the hell is Combat Evolved $60? Our dollars are at freaking parity for God's sake!
They're plotting to get all the money so they can build robots!

megamangaea
06-08-2011, 10:04 PM

Did any stores ever say ODST was going to be $40 though? I can't remember but I thought that was just some stupid rumour made up by people who were trying to act smart.

Nothing to do with the dollar, that's the regular price for any game. Best to wait till there's more news to clarify the price discrepency. It may be a price error or it might be Microsoft trying to pull an ODST.

Yes ODST was going to be $40 but like the guy said they jacked it up.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/994/994166p1.html

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Nothing to do with the dollar, that's the regular price for any game. Best to wait till there's more news to clarify the price discrepency. It may be a price error or it might be Microsoft trying to pull an ODST.

Yes ODST was going to be $40 but like the guy said they jacked it up.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/994/994166p1.html

Thanks for the link, guess I should just set my hopes on a $60 game.

DarkReign2021
06-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Since this is due out in November (at least last time I checked) are pre-orders being taken for it yet? I'm probably going to put some money down on this when I leave to pick up Duke Nukem Forever on Monday.

cutchinz
06-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Since this is due out in November (at least last time I checked) are pre-orders being taken for it yet? I'm probably going to put some money down on this when I leave to pick up Duke Nukem Forever on Monday.
Yes you can start pre-ordering this now.

DarkReign2021
06-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Yes you can start pre-ordering this now.

Woot! Works for me :D Just sucks this doesn't come out sooner. How Halo and Skyrim are going to be competing for time and I gotta have it all done before Mass Effect 3 comes out :-/ At least I've beaten Halo 1 before though. It should only take 2 1/2 hours assuming I'm not too distracted with the pretty new graphics (which I know I will be >_<)

cutchinz
06-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Woot! Works for me :D Just sucks this doesn't come out sooner. How Halo and Skyrim are going to be competing for time and I gotta have it all done before Mass Effect 3 comes out :-/ At least I've beaten Halo 1 before though. It should only take 2 1/2 hours assuming I'm not too distracted with the pretty new graphics (which I know I will be >_<)
That's like, 15 minutes a mission. Good luck :P

DarkReign2021
06-09-2011, 02:01 AM
That's like, 15 minutes a mission. Good luck :P

15 minutes a mission. That sounds reasonable for most of the missions.

I've done it before actually (Although It took me closer to 3 hours than 2 1/2)

Lvl 1- Can be ran through for the most part. Only scene that really requires fighting is the Boarding Parties and the Staircase and the final fight in front of the Launch Pod.

Lvl 2 you can quickly knock out the first major section. Once you get the Warthog just skip the enemies, activate the bridge, and than you can actually skip 2 of the 3 Crash Site fights, so picking the shortest one ends it quickly.

Lvl 3- No real shortcuts here. The only major advantage is you can snipe the entire first canyon without being spotted, there a camo in the second canyon that's good for taking out all of the turrets in the third canyon quietly, and there's a camo close to the prison cells where Keyes is so you can kill the Elites without a fight. You can also activate the console at the end of the level when you past it the first time earlier on in the level. When you rescue keyes and retake the Bridge, as soon as the doors open the level automatically ends, eliminate a couple minutes plus potential failures.

Lvl 4- This levels short anyway. Go straight for the security console, jump down the cliff to the crashed pelican for Rockets and a Warthog, quickly kill the enemies at the Cartographer building and take the warthog down into the bottom room with (where the locked door was and leave it.) Sneak through the first area with enemies, drop down to the floor with the hunters through the secret tunnel, and from there edge your way off the side of the ledge with the medkit and land on top of the overshield on the floor with the Console on it. Fight your way back up (with a grenade jump you can reach a camo that will last you most of the way out of the underground section. When you reach the tunnel with the Gold Sword Elite, the warthog should have taken him out. Kill the Camo elites and your done.

Lvl 5- Just do the glitch to jump down from the bridge to the ground floor. Grab Rockets, knock down the banshee and you can fly your way through the rest of the level with no enemies.

Lvl 6- Short level. Just play like normal. If you're good at timing, you can make it across the flickering bridge and cut out a large chunk of the level as well.

Lvl 7. Rather than fighting, any of the rooms where you can see the Index platform above you, you can crouch jump all the way around to the area you're supposed to be with 0 enemy encounters. Any scenes where you have to wait for the door to open there's usually a hiding spot where the flood won't come after you and the couple that might are easy to shotgun without being surrounded.

Lvl 8- No real shortcuts here. Just gun through a lot of the fights and skip what you can. The ghost comes in hand for this (and if you know how, you can get a banshee through the broken blast door and completely skip the final fight and go straight to the last Core.

Lvl 9- No real shortcuts here either, but not really that long. Blast your way to keyes, than smart use of Flood vs. Covie moments and grenades allows you to run from the bridge to the Escape Banshee without having to kill anything.

Lvl 10- Another short level except for the final Warthog Run. Just be good at hitting the vents without wasting ammo. In the Warthog run, just know the quickest path and take the secret tunnels on the side. Also, don't stop for the pelican... It will always crash in the end. (A lot of people still stop for it for some reason.)

Teh Phantomz
06-09-2011, 02:35 AM
I would have paid 60 for it anyway, we did with ODST -.- this seems like an overall better package anyway.

SuperSkyline89
06-09-2011, 02:46 AM
I would have paid 60 for it anyway, we did with ODST -.- this seems like an overall better package anyway.

When it's all said and done I agree.

And if there is a Legendary Edition (which I hope there is) I'm going to end up spending more than that regardless or whether the game itself ends up being $40 or $60.

OceanH
06-09-2011, 02:54 AM
$39.95

http://ca.kotaku.com/5809964/the-library-will-and-wont-still-suck-in-the-halo-remake-same-with-the-graphics

cutchinz
06-09-2011, 05:01 PM
15 minutes a mission. That sounds reasonable for most of the missions.

I've done it before actually (Although It took me closer to 3 hours than 2 1/2)

Lvl 1- Can be ran through for the most part. Only scene that really requires fighting is the Boarding Parties and the Staircase and the final fight in front of the Launch Pod.

Lvl 2 you can quickly knock out the first major section. Once you get the Warthog just skip the enemies, activate the bridge, and than you can actually skip 2 of the 3 Crash Site fights, so picking the shortest one ends it quickly.

Lvl 3- No real shortcuts here. The only major advantage is you can snipe the entire first canyon without being spotted, there a camo in the second canyon that's good for taking out all of the turrets in the third canyon quietly, and there's a camo close to the prison cells where Keyes is so you can kill the Elites without a fight. You can also activate the console at the end of the level when you past it the first time earlier on in the level. When you rescue keyes and retake the Bridge, as soon as the doors open the level automatically ends, eliminate a couple minutes plus potential failures.

Lvl 4- This levels short anyway. Go straight for the security console, jump down the cliff to the crashed pelican for Rockets and a Warthog, quickly kill the enemies at the Cartographer building and take the warthog down into the bottom room with (where the locked door was and leave it.) Sneak through the first area with enemies, drop down to the floor with the hunters through the secret tunnel, and from there edge your way off the side of the ledge with the medkit and land on top of the overshield on the floor with the Console on it. Fight your way back up (with a grenade jump you can reach a camo that will last you most of the way out of the underground section. When you reach the tunnel with the Gold Sword Elite, the warthog should have taken him out. Kill the Camo elites and your done.

Lvl 5- Just do the glitch to jump down from the bridge to the ground floor. Grab Rockets, knock down the banshee and you can fly your way through the rest of the level with no enemies.

Lvl 6- Short level. Just play like normal. If you're good at timing, you can make it across the flickering bridge and cut out a large chunk of the level as well.

Lvl 7. Rather than fighting, any of the rooms where you can see the Index platform above you, you can crouch jump all the way around to the area you're supposed to be with 0 enemy encounters. Any scenes where you have to wait for the door to open there's usually a hiding spot where the flood won't come after you and the couple that might are easy to shotgun without being surrounded.

Lvl 8- No real shortcuts here. Just gun through a lot of the fights and skip what you can. The ghost comes in hand for this (and if you know how, you can get a banshee through the broken blast door and completely skip the final fight and go straight to the last Core.

Lvl 9- No real shortcuts here either, but not really that long. Blast your way to keyes, than smart use of Flood vs. Covie moments and grenades allows you to run from the bridge to the Escape Banshee without having to kill anything.

Lvl 10- Another short level except for the final Warthog Run. Just be good at hitting the vents without wasting ammo. In the Warthog run, just know the quickest path and take the secret tunnels on the side. Also, don't stop for the pelican... It will always crash in the end. (A lot of people still stop for it for some reason.)
Wow that's some pretty intense strategizing you got there :woop:

DarkReign2021
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
That's called 10 years and WAY to much free time. 3000 hours later I think I've done everything I can in that game

Yet there's a couple of guys that have it even more mastered than me. They did a playthrough that was absolutely insane. 90 minutes and both guys were able to be game solo on legendary in 90 minutes. Through their mastery of checkpoint manipulation and glitches, they managed to beat the entire game in the time it takes most players to beat AOTCR alone. http://speeddemosarchive.com/Halo.html

Beefdagreat
06-10-2011, 02:45 AM
if it's $40, IM DEFINITELY GETTING THIS! EPIC DEAL.
ill put down money when july hits.

Gamer Relaps3
06-10-2011, 04:38 AM
has anyone seen a price yet?

It's $40 Pre-ordered it today.

TheBDanAbstract
06-10-2011, 03:47 PM
It is up on Gamestop.com for a price of $39.99. End of speculation

/thread

ConstantC4RN4GE
06-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Game Informer $40

I've seen this a few places too.

Creed Braton
06-12-2011, 06:51 AM
I actually thought it was going to be a high end arcade title. like 1600 points... guess I was wrong... I will probably get it, but at 40 and with every thing else coming out, I don't know. LOVE the series, but 40 bucks for just a re textured game, seems a bit pricey for me.

driver777
06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Halo:CE plus achievements is totally worth $40.:locked cant wait to unlock 'em.

The Bum-Mobile
06-14-2011, 11:17 PM
$40. Still kinda bummed they aren't putting MP. No matter how you slice it, adding maps from CE to Reach is most definitely not compensation for no multiplayer. I wonder if we'll get a Halo 2 remaster in a few years? That'd be awesome, my favorite Halo.

TheBDanAbstract
06-15-2011, 04:47 PM
$40. Still kinda bummed they aren't putting MP. No matter how you slice it, adding maps from CE to Reach is most definitely not compensation for no multiplayer. I wonder if we'll get a Halo 2 remaster in a few years? That'd be awesome, my favorite Halo.

Why do you people insist going backwards in the video game industry is a good idea?

DarkReign2021
06-16-2011, 10:50 PM
^this is the retro age of gaming. Playing old games is the cool thing to do. That's why the XBLA and PSN arcade have been so successful. To be honest though, a lot of people believe that Halo's multiplayer has actually been gradually going backwards since the beginning of the series. I tend to agree to a point. Halo and Halo 2, two very separate game, both had excellent multiplayer for their own points. Halo 3 was a step backward and even though Reach was a step forward from 3, it was still lesser than Halo 1 and Halo 2 in a lot of way. Unfortunately, the "features" they want back from the old days are dated and simply not as effective as they used to be anymore. They don't realize that and when they finally get it, they're not going to like what they get. Maps making a comeback is understandable and even having weapons resemble their old balance is ok, but when you go back to expecting things like BXR and Sniper sweeping to make a comeback that's where a lot of people will be disappointed. The glitches are what a lot of people enjoyed about the older games and if they get remakes, most likely those things will go away.

TheBDanAbstract
06-17-2011, 03:13 AM
^this is the retro age of gaming. Playing old games is the cool thing to do. That's why the XBLA and PSN arcade have been so successful. To be honest though, a lot of people believe that Halo's multiplayer has actually been gradually going backwards since the beginning of the series. I tend to agree to a point. Halo and Halo 2, two very separate game, both had excellent multiplayer for their own points. Halo 3 was a step backward and even though Reach was a step forward from 3, it was still lesser than Halo 1 and Halo 2 in a lot of way. Unfortunately, the "features" they want back from the old days are dated and simply not as effective as they used to be anymore. They don't realize that and when they finally get it, they're not going to like what they get. Maps making a comeback is understandable and even having weapons resemble their old balance is ok, but when you go back to expecting things like BXR and Sniper sweeping to make a comeback that's where a lot of people will be disappointed. The glitches are what a lot of people enjoyed about the older games and if they get remakes, most likely those things will go away.]

I understand nostalgia. I loved Halo 2 to death. I don't want another halo 2. You can't just reinvent the wheel and call it the wheelll.

DarkReign2021
06-17-2011, 04:21 AM
]

I understand nostalgia. I loved Halo 2 to death. I don't want another halo 2. You can't just reinvent the wheel and call it the wheelll.

No, but that sure won't stop somebody from trying. In fact, you might go get a patent on your wheelll. Apple will probably steal it and come out with the iWheelll sometime in the near future. Future of transportation! It's a round rubber device that allows heavy objects to roll with ease... and it syncs up to your iPod, iPad, iPhone, iDog, and iDildo! (You might laugh at the last one, but i kid you not. There are vibrating dildos out there that hook up to your iPod and pulse to the beat of the song playing. And we wonder why the U.S in in so much debt...)

Rorikon Sensei
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
40$ for remastered game that came out ten years ago? that sucks

TheBDanAbstract
06-19-2011, 04:17 PM

Your lack of apparent taste and obliviousness to what goes into developing a game is what sucks.

Darkforce412
06-22-2011, 05:19 PM
if its 40 bucks how many cheevos will be in their 200 or 1000?:confused:

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
06-22-2011, 06:40 PM
if its 40 bucks how many cheevos will be in their 200 or 1000?:confused:

1000 of course. It's not an Arcade title, it's a standalone retail game.

DarkReign2021
06-22-2011, 11:32 PM

Have you even played Halo 1? I would think not. Why don't you try it out sometime. Unlike most of these games being remade, Halo has aged gracefully. Just like Frank has said, it doesn't feel like this game came out 10 years ago. Looking past the graphics, the skirmishes are still fresh, the A.I is still extremely intelligent, and everything as a whole is up to par with any modern-day FPS. Hell, to this day developers still strive to come up with a Halo killer. It's never been called a Halo 3 killer or a Halo: Reach killer. It's a Halo killer. In 2011, developers still haven't been able to surpass the overall greatness that was Halo 1. Even the Halo series itself has been unable to surpass the original game that graced our shelves in 2001. So for $40 to get a true-to-its-roots remake of Halo 1 with XBL co-op support, gorgeous graphics, and achievements, I'd say that's an excellent deal.

MixMaker1
06-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Have you even played Halo 1? I would think not. Why don't you try it out sometime. Unlike most of these games being remade, Halo has aged gracefully. Just like Frank has said, it doesn't feel like this game came out 10 years ago. Looking past the graphics, the skirmishes are still fresh, the A.I is still extremely intelligent, and everything as a whole is up to par with any modern-day FPS. Hell, to this day developers still strive to come up with a Halo killer. It's never been called a Halo 3 killer or a Halo: Reach killer. It's a Halo killer. In 2011, developers still haven't been able to surpass the overall greatness that was Halo 1. Even the Halo series itself has been unable to surpass the original game that graced our shelves in 2001. So for $40 to get a true-to-its-roots remake of Halo 1 with XBL co-op support, gorgeous graphics, and achievements, I'd say that's an excellent deal.
And considering you're getting 7 DLC maps for Reach - let's say those are $10 per 3-4, that's $20 right there.

So you're essentially getting an HD, updated (graphics wise) version of Halo 1 with online co-op for $20. That's well worth the price.

Halo 1 was an amazing experience and I am extremely excited to relive it with HD graphics. For those who began with Halo 2 or 3, Halo 1 was a magical experience I'll never forget when popping it in for the first time. I just cannot wait for this re-release.

DarkReign2021
06-23-2011, 08:30 PM
^Thats the other added benefit. Most people started with Halo 3 because they never made the transition in consoles until the Xbox 360 came out. A lot of people ignore Halo and Halo 2 because they don't have Xbox Live support or achievements, so people aren't getting the full Halo experience. By doing this, people are getting the top dog of the series. For $40, people are getting to play a game they never played with achievements, HD Graphics, and gameplay that, like I already said, you wouldn't know dates back to 2001.

Even more amazingly is the Halo: CE we know and love was done in only 7 months. When MS bought Bungie in 2000 they decided to make Halo their flagship launch title. Bungie at the time had just recently restarted the game by changing the genre from Third to First Person shooter (it had already undergone a genre change in early 2000 from RTS and had a complete overhaul on Character designs and level layouts.) So essentially even though the game had started development a few years prior, the actual final game was slapped together in only 7 months, just enough time to be there for the Xbox's debut on November 25th, 2001.

Vasilibox 720
06-27-2011, 12:06 AM
^Thats the other added benefit. Most people started with Halo 3 because they never made the transition in consoles until the Xbox 360 came out. A lot of people ignore Halo and Halo 2 because they don't have Xbox Live support or achievements, so people aren't getting the full Halo experience. By doing this, people are getting the top dog of the series. For $40, people are getting to play a game they never played with achievements, HD Graphics, and gameplay that, like I already said, you wouldn't know dates back to 2001.

Even more amazingly is the Halo: CE we know and love was done in only 7 months. When MS bought Bungie in 2000 they decided to make Halo their flagship launch title. Bungie at the time had just recently restarted the game by changing the genre from Third to First Person shooter (it had already undergone a genre change in early 2000 from RTS and had a complete overhaul on Character designs and level layouts.) So essentially even though the game had started development a few years prior, the actual final game was slapped together in only 7 months, just enough time to be there for the Xbox's debut on November 25th, 2001.
Yeah, I'm one of those people who never got to play the first two games (in fact, I only bought Halo 3 last week because I jumped on board with ODST), and I have to say that this remake is a great idea. At only $39.99, CE Anniversary is definitely a better choice for me than buying a used copy of the original or downloading it off Live.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
06-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Most people started with Halo 3 because they never made the transition in consoles until the Xbox 360 came out. A lot of people ignore Halo and Halo 2 because they don't have Xbox Live support or achievements, so people aren't getting the full Halo experience.

Thats why I hope 343i does Halo 2 Anniversary as well. :D

So essentially even though the game had started development a few years prior, the actual final game was slapped together in only 7 months, just enough time to be there for the Xbox's debut on November 15th, 2001.

Is this the reason Bungie love the number 7?

DarkReign2021
06-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Is this the reason Bungie love the number 7?

lol. No. That was actually just purely coincidence. Bungie's obsession with the number 7 dates back to the founding days of Bungie Studios when it was just Alex Seropian and Jason Jones. There's really no official story on why the trend started, but it's just one of those things that they though up and it stuck (much like Ling Ling's Head and Soffish)

I believe, however, that the attraction the the number 7 began with the offical creed and mantra of Bungie studios.

Bungie is a studio built first and foremost on the strengths and abilities of its people. They use the best technology and the best talent in the industry, assembled together in the best place, to create compelling games, stories and worlds. With all these pieces in place, Bungie can concentrate on its ultimate goal...

The creed refers to Bungie's 7-step plan for world Domination, which is well underway and making great progress. The 7 steps are:

1. Start Independent Gaming Software Company
2. Dominate Mac platform- Launch assault on Windows platform.
3. Announce killer gaming title
4. Acquire strangely addicting Chinese Food company
5. Recover Ling Ling's head
6. Stage bloody coup against Parent Company
7.Take over the world by shooting enemies into the sun with a giant slingshot.

So far, steps 1-6 are complete and Bungie officials are currently hard at work on their plans for the final step. Mwuhahaha!

LickableLemons7
07-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I heard it was $40 bucks.