PDA

View Full Version : Important new changes/tweaks

OceanH
06-08-2011, 02:35 AM
- The soldier now doubles up as a medic, packing medikits and a defibrillator, as well as an M16 assault rifle with combat optical gunsight.

- The engineer has access to a repair tool for fixing vehicles, as well as a SMAW antitank rocket launcher for blowing them up, in addition to an M4 carbine with flashlight. He is able to dish out valuable ammunition, while also laying down suppressing fire using the M249 light machine gun with bipod and M145 optics.

- The recon class has access to C4 explosive packs and the MK11 sniper rifle with 6x scope.

All classes also have access to an M9 pistol, hand grenade, and knife by default, and they can be fully customized as you gain experience playing the multiplayer game.

Vehicle action:

If the enemy fires a rocket into the back of a tank, only the guy in the rear will be killed, rather than everyone in the tank.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6317535/battlefield-3-multiplayer-hands-on/?tag=topslot;thumb;3

Takamura Bear
06-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Well, all sounds good to me. In regards to the first point, does this mean there is no medic class anymore? Just an assualt that acts as support, an engineer and a recon class? :confused:

Edit: I see now. There are four classes.

Tatanko
06-08-2011, 01:54 PM
One thing I am really excited about:

You can also opt out of being revived by a medic, if you'd prefer to respawn as a new class, for example.FINALLY! I can stop being revived into a clusterfuck by a medic who just wants points and doesn't give a shit about the actual outcome of the situation or the game.

A Satyr
06-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Why didn't you add the Support Soldier to your list? Who pack LMG's and dispense ammo.

Edit: From Joystiq "Finally, the Recon (SNIPER!) can't just blind fire with intense accuracy anymore. Developer DICE has reduced quick scoping and the sniper needs to hold his breath for a super accurate shot"

CIF
06-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Will spotting opponents stay (or carry over from BC2)? If it does, they really need to improve it. I can sometimes look at just one guy about 100 feet away and press Back repeatedly with no effect.

Idk how I feel about Soldiers being able to revive each other, even if Soldiers and Medics have basically had their kits swapped.

Almost forgot the thing I want most: co-op SPLIT SCREEN.

exo-apollo
06-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Wait so are there four or three classes? Oooh nevermind just read the article, cool their is the support class too. Makes more sense to stick the ammo dumping with the big gun.

Opiate42
06-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Almost forgot the thing I want most: co-op SPLIT SCREEN.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1150965p1.html

I'd love that too! Co-op will be in there. As for split screen or online-only...well we'll have to wait and see.

Barad
06-17-2011, 09:46 PM
I do like how you can reject a med unlike in BC2 where you would get spammed to life lol

MediumMelanin
06-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Wow, you didn't properly list the "Support" class...>.>!

Anyway, so basically it's like this:

Assault = medkit & defibrilator, no grenade launcher?!
Support - ammo and "Medic" weapons, such as the M60, PKM, etc.
Engineer - M4 <-- what?! Rocket launcher & repair tool
Recon - C4 and motion sensors? No more air strikes? 6X scope?! WTF?! Not 12x?

Please bring special Veteran weapons, like in Battlefield Bad Compsny 2! All WWII guns were god sent! (WWII M1911 .45, WWII M1A1 Thompson, & WWII M1 Garand)

R3D DRAG0N 94
06-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Sounds good, although strange that the assault and medic classes are merged. I like the idea of the flashlight.

dr latour
07-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Its a sad day for BF3 when they nurf the Destruction 2.0 to a 0.5.

rc deaths agent
07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Is that what they've done? Is the destruction scaled back that much?

If so that is a sad day...verry sad indeed imo.

Vegaskingz
07-24-2011, 04:15 AM

Really? Source?

Tatanko
07-24-2011, 04:39 AM

Guys we have another troll on our hands. Anyone who has seen the videos knows this is far from true.

Vegaskingz
07-24-2011, 06:13 AM
thought so. From what I saw the destruction did not look like '0.5' at all.

exo-apollo
07-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Oh no knocked back to half a destruction!?!?!WTF!?!?! ;)

Grey Delta
07-24-2011, 10:02 AM
If anything, it's destruction 3.0 as buildings seem to come down a lot more realistically instead of having a set number of zones that can be blown apart

Tatanko
07-24-2011, 02:44 PM
If anything, it's destruction 3.0 as buildings seem to come down a lot more realistically instead of having a set number of zones that can be blown apart
It is Demo 3.0, that's even what it's called :p We just have a troll lurking in the thread trying to get people riled up.

Grey Delta
07-24-2011, 04:06 PM
I had a thought that didn't really warrant a new thread, and this seemed like the best place to put it.

I remember seeing a dev diary stating the Back to Karkand map pack was similar on scale to the Vietnam expansion, with unique weapons and vehicles, etc. My question is, do you think accessing this map pack will be like Vietnam (selecting to play it in the main menu, excluding the main game) or will it be integrated into the normal map rotation?

I sincerely hope it's the latter, to section it off on its own would limit it a bit I think

Tatanko
07-24-2011, 05:27 PM
I sincerely hope it's the latter, to section it off on its own would limit it a bit I think
That would be nice, and it's how I would prefer that they do things. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm also not going to rule it out simply because they planned the expansion ahead of time which would suggest that they've had more of a chance to integrate it.

rc deaths agent
07-24-2011, 10:08 PM
That would be nice, and it's how I would prefer that they do things. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm also not going to rule it out simply because they planned the expansion ahead of time which would suggest that they've had more of a chance to integrate it. I'm with you guys on this. One of the things i hated about crysis 2 is you had to play the map packs seperate and it divides the community to much, and if you really like the original maps you have to give em up to play the new ones....not a good idea imo.

Vegaskingz
07-24-2011, 11:16 PM
I had a thought that didn't really warrant a new thread, and this seemed like the best place to put it.

I remember seeing a dev diary stating the Back to Karkand map pack was similar on scale to the Vietnam expansion, with unique weapons and vehicles, etc. My question is, do you think accessing this map pack will be like Vietnam (selecting to play it in the main menu, excluding the main game) or will it be integrated into the normal map rotation?

All of the community will not have back to Karkand, due to the preorder clause. I think because of this, and the fact that it will have exclusive weapons/vehicles etc, it will be separate, with separate customisation screens, much like vietnam. Dont really mind tbh :D

Grey Delta
07-25-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm inclined to agree with you Vegaskingz, that it will be implemented that way. I don't like it though :[

EDIT: although, isn't the map pack included with all limited editions? And I would assume, much like MoH, that the first massive wave of copies shipped will be the limited edition. So basically anyone who buys the game new in the first few weeks/months will have the map pack which gives me hope that it could be integrated into the main game.

Vegaskingz
07-25-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm inclined to agree with you Vegaskingz, that it will be implemented that way. I don't like it though :[

EDIT: although, isn't the map pack included with all limited editions? And I would assume, much like MoH, that the first massive wave of copies shipped will be the limited edition. So basically anyone who buys the game new in the first few weeks/months will have the map pack which gives me hope that it could be integrated into the main game.

It has been widely quoted that Back to Karkand will come as a 'pre-order' bonus, then released separately later on.I hope that it will be integrated as well tbh, logic seems to point otherwise sadly.

Kaiyo
07-27-2011, 02:55 AM

stfu you liar.....

Verdinial
07-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Can't wait for this game, it's like torture waiting for this :'(

i NatrlKilla i
07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
It has been widely quoted that Back to Karkand will come as a 'pre-order' bonus, then released separately later on.I hope that it will be integrated as well tbh, logic seems to point otherwise sadly.

I thought that it got released the same day, but for a price. I might be mistaken, but I think I read it or saw it somewhere.

Tatanko
07-29-2011, 03:41 PM
I thought that it got released the same day, but for a price. I might be mistaken, but I think I read it or saw it somewhere.
No. It will come out later (probably December in time for the holidays I'd guess) as a separate download. It will be free to those who pre-ordered the game and those that didn't pre-order will have to pay for it. Regardless, it is not coming out the day the game comes out.

Grey Delta
07-29-2011, 03:42 PM
http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand/

Battlefield 3′s first DLC, Battlefield 3: Back To Karkand, will be included free of charge for those who pre-order Battlefield 3. The Back To Karkand DLC includes maps, vehicles and weapons from Battlefield 2, remade for Battlefield 3. For those who do not pre-order Battlefield 3, the Back To Karkand DLC will be available one month after the release of Battlefield 3 and is expected to retail at $10.

I'm still hoping for main game integration.

Tatanko
07-29-2011, 04:48 PM
^ That wording is the kind of vague crap that has lead people to believe that it's Day-1 DLC. They really need to work on that. Here's a better example that spells it out plain as day:

Q: Is the Back to Karkand expansion pack exclusive to pre-orders?
A: No. You can also buy it separately if you do not pre-order Battlefield 3. Back to Karkand will be available the exact same date after the launch of Battlefield 3 no matter if you pre-ordered or buy it separately.

Q: When will the Back to Karkand expansion pack be released?
A: We have not yet announced the Back to Karkand expansion pack release date.
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/13/physical-warfare-pack-and-back-to-karkand-questions-answered.aspx

Grey Delta
07-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Seems like Dice need to get their shit together and clue their press people in to what's actually going on then.

Kaiyo
07-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Can't wait for this game, it's like torture waiting for this :'(

Oh yeah, its torture waiting for it.

ZingZitang
08-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Assault = medkit & defibrilator, no grenade launcher?!
Thats a good thing.

Engineer - M4 <-- what?! Rocket launcher & repair toolThe M4 is a Carbine Rifle, Its Very Similar to the AK74 where the line between Assault Rifle and Submachinegun are Blurred. This is Understandable, and Acceptable.

Recon - C4 and motion sensors? No more air strikes? 6X scope?! WTF?! Not 12x?
No more Mortor Strikes is a Very, very Good thing. No more 12x Scope is also a Very good thing.

Vizzy
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I love how you will be able to reject a medic.

Warfighter1000
08-01-2011, 09:31 PM
No more Mortor Strikes is a Very, very Good thing. No more 12x Scope is also a Very good thing.

Yeah it is.

CIF
08-02-2011, 07:01 AM
A 2x scope would be great. A bit of zoom, but not terrible if you're aiming down the sights at someone close.

Grey Delta
08-02-2011, 07:29 AM
I love how you will be able to reject a medic.

This should save a lot of headaches. Nothing worse than retard medics reviving when he's surrounded by enemies.