PDA

View Full Version : Kinect labs not loading>>>solution

IEvil IMonkey
06-08-2011, 09:58 AM
:woop: After all the trouble of this not loading up for people I found a solution on a forum which worked straight away for me and others on that forum...

Basically turn on ALL the kinect options via the dash settings section :woop:

My Mic and Voice options were OFF and as soon as I turned them ON and loaded labs again it fired straight up... hope this helps others now :Bounce:

Must have something to do with the apps requiring voice recording etc

Blackest Metal
06-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Ahhh I thought it was maybe something to do with me having 'sharing' switched off. I have the 'mic' option turned off as I always leave kinnect running. Cheers mate, i'll go try that, needing a Lab fix haha

TakahashiDemon
06-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I never had a problem with Kinect Fun Labs, besides not being able to connect to servers to share stuff sometimes, working smoothy for me though elsewhere.

tarekegypt
08-10-2011, 01:27 PM
:woop: After all the trouble of this not loading up for people I found a solution on a forum which worked straight away for me and others on that forum...

Basically turn on ALL the kinect options via the dash settings section :woop:

My Mic and Voice options were OFF and as soon as I turned them ON and loaded labs again it fired straight up... hope this helps others now :Bounce:

Must have something to do with the apps requiring voice recording etc

All settings are on still the game freezes in the loading screen, after the kinect instructions. Used to work perfectly not sure what s going on.

matheusps92
08-24-2011, 03:49 PM
i don't know if it's already working for everyone, but for me it's normal.
i'm playing on brazilian live, but i doubt this is the reason

newbsicle
08-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Edit: To avoid freezing clear your system cache, then when you load the kinect dahsboard refuse the update. Once you've chosen a game to play another update will appear, this one however is for the actual game so go ahead and accept if you want to play online. When you exit the game another update will pop-up as you are exiting to the kinect dashboard. Again decline the update.

If you would like to buy a fun lab game you can visit xbox.com and use the search bar at the top right to look for "kinect fun labs" and from there you are able to que games up for download.

Ryot Control
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Edit: To avoid freezing clear your system cache, then when you load the kinect dahsboard refuse the update. Once you've chosen a game to play another update will appear, this one however is for the actual game so go ahead and accept if you want to play online. When you exit the game another update will pop-up as you are exiting to the kinect dashboard. Again decline the update.

If you would like to buy a fun lab game you can visit xbox.com and use the search bar at the top right to look for "kinect fun labs" and from there you are able to que games up for download.

So this means that Googly eyes and Avatar me are still unplayable online for timestamps right?

Mythtakes
08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
See if this works... has MS actually acknowledged this as a problem and working on a fix? I noticed this problem cropping up after the update just before Kinect Avatar was released... :s

Garfiun
08-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I havent had a problem yet :)

tma
08-31-2011, 04:12 AM
I bought my Kinect about 2 months ago; have never been able to load Kinect Fun Labs - locks the 360 on the blue loading screen requiring hard power off etc. I have tried the mic/video settings to no avail.

I decided to tweet XboxSupport about it, and they came back with a fairly quick response that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. So, be patient, it will be fixed.

[Waggly Bean]
08-31-2011, 11:44 AM
I decided to tweet XboxSupport about it, and they came back with a fairly quick response that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. So, be patient, it will be fixed.

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical about this though - they've been aware of the problem for months so either they don't really care that much (unlikely as Kinect is their new "360 selling point"), or they currently don't know how to fix it.

We'll see I guess, but one thing is sure - they're not rushing to fix it! :rolleyes:

Chrinst
09-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Okay guys how i fixed this problem was i loaded Fun Labs via the kinect Dashboard. Don't load fun labs with your controller. Always works for me. Hope it works for people having trouble.

MattyHustedUk
09-24-2011, 05:00 PM
it actually loads and works for me now tried it a few nights ago and had a update