PDA

View Full Version : For fans only

Ach. freak360
07-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Do you think Dale Jr. will still be in The #8 driving for DEI or will they have him with Hendrick .

fbi100
07-08-2007, 02:51 AM
hell no he sux

Ach. freak360
07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Im Glad to know you dont like Dale jr he's not my fav driver either,but my question was whether EA will have him driving with the Hendrick race team or DEI since a couple weeks ago he anounced he would be leaving DEI and going over to Hendrick.

Grim Reeper
07-09-2007, 02:48 AM
he is with DEI. They have nascar 08 to play on the 360 at all the nascar races. The game looked like 06 with the rivals and stuff, didn't watch to much I just saw JR. vs Tony.

but your answer is Yes he is the #8 although Bud isn't his sponser in the game

Crash
07-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes he will be in a #8 DEI car in Nascar '08. Ea stated that the game was too far into development when the announcement of Jr going to Hendrick was made. Also no one knows for sure yet what his #/sponsor will be next year.

codedigital
07-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes he will be in a #8 DEI car in Nascar '08. Ea stated that the game was too far into development when the announcement of Jr going to Hendrick was made. Also no one knows for sure yet what his #/sponsor will be next year.

His sponsor will be Bud...that's for sure.

Crash
07-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Bud isn't a guarantee yet. They are still in discussions with DEI about possible sponsoring the not-yet-named driver that will be replacing Jr. And a couple weeks ago Forbes.com had this:
NASCAR Nation is on pins and needles waiting to hear who will sponsor the ride [at Hendrick Motorsports] of Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2008. The deal could fetch $28 million, vs. roughly $15 million this year, fueling a growing consensus that Budweiser will bow out of its eight-year relationship with Earnhardt at seasonís end. Chatter from both NASCAR and Wall Street is making an Anheuser buyout of Hansen Natural, the Corona, Calif., maker of the popular energy drink, Monster Energy, increasingly likely. Officials at the companies were not available for comment. Also another rumored sponsor is Mountain Dew..a Pepsi product.

And Darrell Waltrip, who seems to have been pretty close with what has been going on with Jr, has said that his sponsor will be a beverage, but doubtfully a one with a red colored can.

But again, this is still all speculation and may be a few months still before we know for sure.

Sanction
07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
The game is based off of this years line up, so Kyle Busch will still be with Hendrick and Jr will still be sponsored by Bud...but in the game it says Dale on the car :(. Next year will probably be when they switch everyone.

Crash
07-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah. Next year's will have the newer lineup. Unless they they start releasing the game around Speedweeks (which they have been talking about doing) they will always be behind on the driver/team/sponsor changes

XxLUC41xX
07-14-2007, 05:31 AM
no he will be in the 5 srry he will still have budweiser though

Sanction
07-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Budweiser announced they weren't staying with him. He will get a new beverage company...and it will most likely be Mt. Dew.

Crash
07-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Hendrick Motorsports has some sponsor deals already in place that conflict with Budweiser, therefore they announced that Budweiser is now a guaranteed NO for Jr.
Talks are that Bud will be on either Kasey Kahne or will stay with DEI next year.

Sanction
07-14-2007, 03:51 PM
If only Hendrick could get the 11 car...with Mountain Dew...I'd die a happy man. :woop:

But I could see a new marketing ploy by DEI...since Truex is on somewhat of a roll, a commercial showing him winning and leading then ending with "WHO SAID JR WAS LEAVING?" :cool:

InSoMnIaC_190
07-18-2007, 04:11 AM
I will kind of be glad that Budweiser is not on Jrs care anymore. Since Nascar games do not use the logos for Budweiser I think because of it being a E rated game and they did not want alcohol references.

Sanction
07-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, that is the reason, they did it with Marlin, Rusty and Dale. Quite annoying.

poulpy72
07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Oh! that is why...never thought about it.

Thx for the info guys...

Crash
07-18-2007, 12:30 PM
The alcohol sponsors have always been questioned by fans, and Insomniac is right about it being because of an E rated game. Any merchandise with an alcohol logo can not be sold to minors, so they remove them. They even so far this year as to not only put Clint Bowyer in his Direct TV car instead of Jack Daniels, but they also changed the number "style" on the 07 car because it was identical to the 07 on the Jack Daniels label.

Rumors are they may make them available through DLC somehow, but I wouldn't count on it

poulpy72
07-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I think changing the "number style" of the car is a bit far fetched...they shouldn't go to these kind of changes. I can easily understand them not having alcohol or even smoking companies logos, but changing the letter or number style? come on....

It won't stop any of us from playing, but we all want it to reflect real life as much as possible.

Sanction
07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I didn't think they could change the 07 since it's copyrighted.