PDA

View Full Version : limited and legendary edition idea's

simon_super_sheep
06-08-2011, 06:43 PM
do you think there will be a legendary edition of halo 4 like the previous halo games before it and if so what do you think it should include being as bungie left the bar raised so high with what got put into limited and legendary editions.

MY IDEA'S
Limited Edition:-

audio and video logs of cortana explaining what happened while orbiting the planet and what happened up to the point of waking master chief up.
(on a master chief style usb disk drive)

video documentarys from the master chiefs past including video documentarys from halo 1, 2 and 3 and his training to become the person he is now.

arbiters last words with the chief and what he thought when master chief didnt make it through the portal.

making of halo 4 dvd.

halo 4 soundtrack.

master chief usb disk containing all the video and audio bonus content mentioned in my ideas

Legendary Edition:-

all the stuff included in the limited edition.

downloadable content E.G. master chief costume or cortana prop for your avatar, bonus multiplayer armour or maps, ECT.

a statue of the master chief and cortana from the trailer where he is just about to put cortana's chip inside his helmet.

These are my ideas and i think this would be good to have in my halo collection.

Please feel free to share views and opinion's on what you would like to see in the halo 4 limited and legendary edition if they make them

DarkReign2021
06-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I agree with you on the Collector's edition idea (I would also like a disc with all of the H1, H3, and ODST terminals, all of the Datapads from Reach, and even all of the ILoveBees audio files loaded into one place (Speaking of which, does anybody know where I can find and download the ILB files online? I lost my collection with my Harddrive crash and I haven't been able to find them since.

For a Legendary edition... I think either they should stick with statues like the Halo: Reach one (obviously a different theme) or a 1:1 scale replica of one of the weapons weapons (I personally want the Assault Rifle, but DMR (or whatever the new weapon from H4 will be) works for me as well.)

If they do go with the statue idea again, it really depends on the storyline of the game. Perhaps the chief standing on an enemy with the barrel of his gun pressed against it's [forehead]. (If the game features the Inferi, I personally want a statue with the Gravemind surrounded by a few of the perfect forms or combat forms. I've always been a huge fan of the Inferi for their storyline and their presence. They've always made the series better (except when they get an entire level to themselves. They were better for making 3-way conflicts.)

cutchinz
06-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Maybe a statue of Master Chief, a Chief helmet, Cortana audio logs like you said, a secret level, an extra weapon for multiplayer, or a replica of the Forward Unto Dawn!!! :D

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm hoping for some kind of statue or replica.

A gun would be awesome, I've wanted the Sniper Rifle since Combat Evolved first came out. But the length of most of the weapons worries me, I'd say a statue is more likely.

But it's safe to say that regardless of what it is I'm so getting it.

simon_super_sheep
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I agree with you on the Collector's edition idea (I would also like a disc with all of the H1, H3, and ODST terminals, all of the Datapads from Reach, and even all of the ILoveBees audio files loaded into one place (Speaking of which, does anybody know where I can find and download the ILB files online? I lost my collection with my Harddrive crash and I haven't been able to find them since.

For a Legendary edition... I think either they should stick with statues like the Halo: Reach one (obviously a different theme) or a 1:1 scale replica of one of the weapons weapons (I personally want the Assault Rifle, but DMR (or whatever the new weapon from H4 will be) works for me as well.)

If they do go with the statue idea again, it really depends on the storyline of the game. Perhaps the chief standing on an enemy with the barrel of his gun pressed against it's [forehead]. (If the game features the Inferi, I personally want a statue with the Gravemind surrounded by a few of the perfect forms or combat forms. I've always been a huge fan of the Inferi for their storyline and their presence. They've always made the series better (except when they get an entire level to themselves. They were better for making 3-way conflicts.)
your idea of the master chief standing over an enemy with the barrel of his gun in the enemys head is awesomme but as you said it all depends on the story line. for all we know they could say thy are carrying on the master chief story line and most of the game could be playing as some one different
some of the ideas of gun replicas could be tied into the statue E.G. master chief statue with a changeable weapon loadout or even making a statue of a multiplayer character with different armour components for you to make your statue truely unique like the halo reach multiplayer character (although mine has all the master chief armour and colours lol)

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 10:12 PM
your idea of the master chief standing over an enemy with the barrel of his gun in the enemys head is awesomme but as you said it all depends on the story line. for all we know they could say thy are carrying on the master chief story line and most of the game could be playing as some one different
some of the ideas of gun replicas could be tied into the statue E.G. master chief statue with a changeable weapon loadout or even making a statue of a multiplayer character with different armour components for you to make your statue truely unique like the halo reach multiplayer character (although mine has all the master chief armour and colours lol)

I doubt it would be an action figure style statue since McFarlane Toys already makes those. They'd want to make something unique that isn't already on sale.

H0p3sfalL
06-08-2011, 10:56 PM
It would be funny if they decided not to come out with anything extra. just a simple game in it's case lol.

DarkReign2021
06-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Interchangeable weapons on a statue like the one I described would be fun, but I have enough trouble keeping the weapons on my Reach statue already (mostly just Emile's Shotgun.)

As for the idea of being able to get customized armor statues, I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that starts happening in the near future. In fact, on the ME3 board we've been discussing what they should do for their Uber-edition. My idea is a pre-paid code that you can put in on their website eligible for a full-sized and wearable N7 armor (and the reason I say a code instead of just sending the armor is for customization purposes. Obviously we're going to need different sizes, but it would also allow us to change various details like the color design, the different variations for each section, etc... And I'm talking high quality. $300-$400 uber-edition high quality.)

This unfortunately wouldn't work so well with the MJOLNIR armor due to it's obscure design compared to the slender N7 armor. Be nice to at least get a wearable helmet though (with working flashlights!)

I doubt it would be an action figure style statue since McFarlane Toys already makes those. They'd want to make something unique that isn't already on sale.

Actually I think McFarlane lost the rights to the Halo Action Figures. Square Enix has done all of the Halo: Reach figures so far and it's looking as if they'll be continuing with Halo CEmake and onward most likely.

SuperSkyline89
06-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Actually I think McFarlane lost the rights to the Halo Action Figures. Square Enix has done all of the Halo: Reach figures so far and it's looking as if they'll be continuing with Halo CEmake and onward most likely.

Yes, you're right, I was looking at their figures yesterday. Didn't register that McFarlane wasn't making any more.

ConstantC4RN4GE
06-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Beta invite for Halo 4. Exclusive in game content.

These are the things I'll be hoping for.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
06-14-2011, 04:12 PM
How about a RC-warthog?

Barra
08-05-2011, 09:23 PM
McFarlane are still making the figures as they were talking on waypoint at sdc2011 about them.

I would like to see something along the lines of bakery's journal but from the forerunners or Spartan projects. Maybe a bit of history regarding the precursors?

A statue of the chief with a removeable cortana in his hand would be awesome, possiblly swappable with a weapon or item.

The USB is a good idea though, would be interesting to read/ listen to. I don't really like developer discs or soundtracks when they could just add extra content/goodies but that's just me.

simon_super_sheep
08-10-2011, 09:47 PM
hey guys just a quick update my idea of a master chief costume for your avatar has become a reality but not exactly how i planned.
for pre-ordering halo anniversary you get an exclusive skull for use in game and the master chief costume from halo combat evolved for your avatar but only if you pre-order as far as i have heard from the x360a.org news which i dont think is right because some people wont be able to buy this game on day 1 so they wont get this awesomme stuff (so if you like the ide of a master chief avatar then i would definatley reccomend pre-ordering asap)
i know this is a halo 4 forum but i thought the people who liked the idea i posted of a master chief avatar costume would be interested in this so i thought i would post this message just in case anyone missed that particular halo anniversary article.

MREHUSTLER
09-05-2011, 05:15 AM
I could see myself throwing down some money for a nice Guilty Spark statue.

DarkReign2021
09-05-2011, 02:20 PM
^I actually REALLY like this idea. Obviously not gonna be a Guilty Spark statue since we killed him in Halo 3, but I would imagine the design of Mendicant Bias is roughly the same (probably a different color), so I wouldn't mind seeing something like that for a statue so long as they get the curvature and hollow points correct (Perhaps they could even install LED lights to give him his glow on top of just having the painted colors themselves. Turns on whenever it senses motion perhaps.)

Edit: Oh yeah. Forgot he was shown in Origins. Pretty similar, but some key differences, the biggest one being his having 3 visual receptors instead of just one. Being from Halo: Legends, however, this is obviously done with an artistically exaggerated approach, so his final design is still subject to change.
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/e/e8/Originsmendicant.jpg

RBmaster9345
09-05-2011, 04:25 PM
The audio logs during the time they were drifting sounds like a great idea. I like Dark Regin's idea of scale model weapons but I have no idea how they'd box that shit then

Ty-Rex
09-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Beta invite for Halo 4. Exclusive in game content.

These are the things I'll be hoping for.
A beta invite to the game you already own would be kind of silly.

How about a RC-warthog?
There's an idea. I don't care if it's copying Black Ops, I really don't want another statue. The Reach one was nice and all, but it was just so damn big that I couldn't find a place to put it so it would look nice. Plus I would just like something that has more novelty to it than, "It looks neat!"

LickableLemons7
09-05-2011, 10:35 PM
An RC mongoose with a Grunt figure you can put on it? Like the avatar prop in the marketplace. I'd like to see one. :p

Also, that statue idea of cortana and Chief sounds pretty cool, I'd like to have something like that as I don't have any Halo-related statues.

Topsy Kretts 18
09-13-2011, 01:29 AM
I will buy the legendary edition no matter what comes with it. I would like some kind of statue, the Halo 4 soundtrack, exclusive armor, and a bet invite when you pre-order the legendary edition. Another good idea would be to change the skins on your guns kinda like Call of Duty.

Dooms Day King
11-19-2011, 09:36 PM
It will prob be called the Reclaimer Edition.
And I will none the less buy it.
Reclaimer Edition:
1;It won't have a soundtrack as they always release a soundtrack to the games.
2;prob have a Stupid Season Pass as to follow the trend
3;HALO 4 THE BEAUTY OF THE OLD, a short art book with gallery work from the game.
4;Halo 4 Special Disc: making of Halo 4, Halo timeline, new enemies; a look at the new enemies and other cool stuff
5;Halo Wars 2 or any other Halo spinoff Beta
6;Halo Classified: a new animated movie focusing on the enemies story Aka Flood, Precursors or Forerunners depending on which.
7;If it is Forerunner a pic of Didact and Librarian
8;and of course a statue-more than likely of the Master Chief and Cortana as the new games will focus on them

ajennice
11-22-2011, 06:21 AM
How about a port of MP boards, campaign levels ONLY available to those higher tier. NO DLC to get these.. Legendary only!

I use the term pisser alot.. and the pisser onthe higher 2 tiers is that the extras are coola nd all... But no as "limited" as you think.. which loses it's splendor. Dvd's audio tracks and be ripped and passed on to those too cheap to get the extras.. so basically anyone can get them without having to pay for them. As far as the figures... They're nice, but as soon as you open them, you've lost over half the future value (and I know not too many people will buy 2 legendary sets at 100 a pop - this only applies if youre a value collector and not just a "I got it" collector).
Reward those who are willing to shell out the extra with stuff that ONLY they can use..No skull codes, no avatar crap, no 3 day LIVE codes.. levels only accessible through the Legendary disk.
How about a plasma pistol controller...right trigger/bumper in trigger locations, flat top holding the 4 buttons (plus start/back) side stick for left stick ( no dpad), and the right stick where the hammer on pistol would be)...I'd pay 100 for a game plus that.. Now you have a working addition, limited quantity, and something you can use on every halo game on top of being a normal controller (value!!).

simon_super_sheep
12-04-2011, 01:08 PM
hey guys thanks for all the comments and they all sound great hopefully the next halo will feture some of these items or they could open up a forum on the xbox site or halo site so we can voice our opinions and they will consider putting them in the box but that is highly unlikely either way we at least get this forum to voice what would be cool so keep those ideas rolling in and maybe we could see them in the next halo (hopefully)

Matt36
01-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Has to have a statue of some kind. And not a small thing either, like Deus Ex.

bethelyoda
01-06-2012, 12:26 AM
.... how about a remote controlled Forward Unto Dawn?

(Think about it first, before you respond, dear tweenagers)

simon_super_sheep
01-06-2012, 11:59 AM
hey guys just thought of another 1 (although its unlikely to happen).
being as they brought out halo combat evolved anniversary hd remake maybe to those who buy the legendary edition of halo 4 could get a hd remake of halo 2 complete with achievements and all the same sort of extra features as combat evolved remake that would probably be cooler than any sort of statue or dlc. i know its not gonna happen but that would be really cool still.

Matt36
01-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I'd love an exclusive film to come with it :)

Matt36
01-25-2012, 10:01 AM
I think it should be paired with a Master Cheif replica helmet, similar to the legendary edition of Halo 3. But they should use the new helmet design, maybe a removable cortana chip and lights on the side.

So you don't want much then? :p I dare not ask how much the RRP on one of those would be!

Vectorman953
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
I would be happy if a/my limited/legendary edition game with:

1) A run through complete with commentary. It's fun to get to know the people who made the game, and it's great to hear about stuff that got cut and massive/hilarious bugs that barely got eradicated.
2) A piece of physical cannon - much like Halsey's journal
3) A sweet patch for my coat.
4) A skull. Replica of Keyes'?
okay, maybe that was a bad joke... how about just one that affects gameplay that noone else can have?

What I wouldn't like?
A limited edition weapon, unless it's campaign only.

G0LDEN AVENGER
02-10-2012, 03:18 AM
I want to see a console

simon_super_sheep
06-20-2012, 10:19 AM
hi guys thanks for all the great ideas.
the legendary edition has not been announced yet though but you can still head over to the forum on this site to see the limited edition

Rednacht
06-21-2012, 04:03 AM
hi guys thanks for all the great ideas.
the legendary edition has not been announced yet though but you can still head over to the forum on this site to see the limited edition

343 confirmed that there will be NO legendary edition, just the already announced limited edition.
"we wanted only one kind of collectors edition this time around"

OceanH
06-23-2012, 03:11 AM
I still see Halo 3 Legendary Edition in stores, now at $39.99.

I bought Halo Reach Legendary Edition when it came out (therefore at full price) because Bungie assured it would be in limited number compared to Halo 3 (Fucking liars): I still see lots of them in stores as well as lots of the Limited Edition.

I'll just get the standard version for Halo 4 and then wait for a huge price drop for the Limited Edition.

simon_super_sheep
06-27-2012, 02:50 PM
343 confirmed that there will be NO legendary edition, just the already announced limited edition.
"we wanted only one kind of collectors edition this time around"

Thanks for the information mate.
I will pre-order now seeing as there is only 1 limited edition

xTheGameHunterx
06-27-2012, 02:58 PM
343i said they are only gonna make Limited Edition, but we can hope they change they're minds and release a Legendary Edition, the price tag will be a little bit high though...

simon_super_sheep
07-16-2012, 10:41 PM
hi guys they have now announced the limited edition console it looks pretty good but i dont think i will get it.
still no legendary edition but this is quite close.
we now have....
standard edition game.
limited edition game.
limited edition console.