PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 predictions...

CLOUD STR1FE
06-08-2011, 06:49 PM
So after watching the teaser I wanted to get peoples input and opinions. My opinion of what will happen judging strictly from the video shown at E3 is this.

The giant structure you see is Onyx. Chief gets on the planet does his thing and eventually finds the other spartans. As for him showing his face... That I don't not know lol.

That's all I can guess from the short video we all should have seen by now. Give me your opinions ladies and gents.

cutchinz
06-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Oh wow that could be Onyx out there. But if so it seems like the only enemy he would face would be the sentinels and that would be boring. I think maybe if it is Onyx Master Chief could somehow find Halsey and the surviving Spartans but they are fighting against unknown Forerunner monsters that have yet to be discovered by anyone! That would be cool!

Barad
06-08-2011, 07:21 PM
All I know is I can't wait for the game..trailer looks kickass..

xKRAIZEEMANx
06-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Looking forward to this game. And it seems to be the first of a new trilogy!

cutchinz
06-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Looking forward to this game. And it seems to be the first of a new trilogy!
Yes very excited about that. But will there be another trilogy after this one?? I sure hope so.

SuperSkyline89
06-08-2011, 08:42 PM
The giant structure you see is Onyx.

Do we know this for sure or are you just speculating?

TPF_Raiden
06-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Perhaps Jun will feature, assuming he's still alive after the event on Reach of course.

ZingZitang
06-10-2011, 03:55 PM
The giant structure you see is Onyx. Chief gets on the planet does his thing and eventually finds the other Spartans

By the time of the Ending of Halo 3, Onyx Has been Destroyed. Al that Remained was a Shell of Sentinels. So the Planet the Chief and Cortana were Orbiting at end of Halo 3 could not have been Onyx. And their ship was heading Straight towards the Planet, so Barring some Ridiculous series of Events, there isn't any way they could have even gotten to where Onyx use to Exist. Unless of Course, the Shell of Sentinels somehow looked like what we saw at then End of Halo 3?

But You can almost bet you will see the few Remaining Spartans.

The "Portal" in the Halo 4 Trailer is similar to the Portal at the End of the Ghosts of Onyx. The Planet Onyx was a Shield World, which when Activated by the Partial Activation of Installation 04(Halo: Combat Evolved), opened a portal into a Micro-Dyson Sphere(A HUGE Artificial inverse Planet, in an Alternate Slipspace Dimension) that was Originally Designed by the Forerunners to Escape the Firing of the Halos. Thats Where Kelly, Fred and the Other Remaining Spartans are, along with Dr. Halsey, and Chief Mendez. They Fought to Keep the Covenant out of the Portal, with Kurt-051 Sacrificing himself an Destroying the Entire planet after ordering the Others through the Portal.

The Chief and Cortana were also seen orbiting above an Artificial Forerunner Planet, Most Likely another Shield World. There is now a portal in the Location of the Planet they Were Orbiting at the End of Halo 3, and they look to be Heading into that portal. If the planet they were orbiting at the End of Halo 3 was indeed a Shield World, then its must have been Activated when Onyx was, after the Partial Activation of Installation 04, therefore the Portal would have been opened.

Now I know the Portal inside Onyx had a finite amount of time until it closed, but this portal must be different. Maybe a malfunction, Or maybe someone else(the Forerunner? Survivors inside the Micro-Dyson Sphere?) had some involvement.

In this portal they Will eventually Find the the Spartans IIs(Blue Team), Spartan IIIs, Chief Mendez, and Dr. Halsey, Fight Some new Adversary, probably something older than the Flood itself(The Prisoner?), and then Fight for a way out of the Micro-Dyson Sphere.

There is Also Speculation of the Spirit of Fire being involved. At the End of Halo Wars, While the Ships Crew along with Spartan II Red Team are in Cryo-stasis Serena Says before it cuts: "Captain. Wake up. Something has happened,".

Perhaps the Spirit of Fire, over the Last 22 Years, has Drifted into proximity of the Chief and Cortana, as well as the Mysterious Portal.

Iceskater101
06-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I thought Halo Reach was the last halo..?

SuperSkyline89
06-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I thought Halo Reach was the last halo..?

By Bungie, the last halo by Bungie.

Microsoft made it clear a long time ago that the whole point behind 343 Industries was to continue the Halo franchise, that includes games.

xTGMx INF3RNO
06-10-2011, 04:38 PM
This will be a new trio. Thats 100 percent defo. 343 confirmed it.

ZingZitang
06-10-2011, 06:37 PM
The Chief and Cortana were also seen orbiting above an Artificial Forerunner Planet, Most Likely another Shield World. There is now a portal in the Location of the Planet they Were Orbiting at the End of Halo 3, and they look to be Heading into that portal. It seems, According to Halo Waypoint, the Portal has Opened on the Surface of the Planet. So the Chief and Cortana are still Hurtling Towards/Orbiting the Forerunner planet seen at the End of Halo 3, yet it seems the Surface of the Planet has Opened into a Portal, which would make a little more sense.

In this portal they Will eventually Find the the Spartans IIs(Blue Team), Spartan IIIs, Chief Mendez, and Dr. Halsey, Fight Some new Adversary, probably something older than the Flood itself(The Prisoner?), and then Fight for a way out of the Micro-Dyson Sphere.
Also According to Waypoint:

"Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe, and a new trilogy begins."

It would seem even more likely now, that the Prisoner may have some involvement in the New Trilogy.

ConstantC4RN4GE
06-11-2011, 03:32 AM
Should be a good replacement for Reach. Looking forward to the return of the Battle Rifle! :D

indoorblakininja
06-11-2011, 09:14 AM
New trilogy, means new enemies, maybe? Isn't the convenant done for ever since the prophet of bitchness got throat raped by the arbiter, and didnt the flood blown to infected bitch bits??

Maybe some kinda new super alien threat whose plans are to eradicate the remaining spartans and Master Chief will have to round the last surviving spartans up to defeat the aliens

DarkReign2021
06-11-2011, 05:36 PM
New trilogy, means new enemies, maybe? Isn't the convenant done for ever since the prophet of bitchness got throat raped by the arbiter, and didnt the flood blown to infected bitch bits??

Maybe some kinda new super alien threat whose plans are to eradicate the remaining spartans and Master Chief will have to round the last surviving spartans up to defeat the aliens

The covenant's Holy crusade has come to an end as the Hierarchics are dead (and most of the remaining Prophet population was killed during the initial Elite rebellion during Halo 2. The brutes are the only race still dominantly pursuing the religious belief, but they don't really have the technology or intelligence to maintain the other races nor do they have the ability to use most Forerunner technology to their advantage. So while all of the covenant races do still exist, they aren't really a threat anymore.

Flood, on the other hand, will not go down that easily. At the time of setting off the Halo Array the first time 10,000 years before the events of the games, the Flood had already been free and infecting entire Star Systems for several thousand years. Even after the Halos were set off, all this did was slow the Flood down, but even after all this time leading up to Halo. they were still out their consuming. If killing them were as easy as blowing up the Ark, the Forerunner would've never needed to make weapons of Mass Extinction. All we succeeded in doing is (maybe) killing the current Gravemind. There will be more out there and more will be formed. The Flood, Forerunner, and Precursors are likely to be the main focus of the next Halo Trilogy (and I imagine if the Flood is the main enemy there will be some drastic changes made to make them an overall more enjoyable entity to fight.)

ZingZitang
06-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Flood, on the other hand, will not go down that easily. At the time of setting off the Halo Array the first time 10,000 years before the events of the games,
Well, Im sure its a typo, but just to Clarify 100,000 Years before.
The Flood, Forerunner, and Precursors are likely to be the main focus of the next Halo Trilogy (and I imagine if the Flood is the main enemy there will be some drastic changes made to make them an overall more enjoyable entity to fight.)This brings up another interesting Question, And this almost Guarantees the Flood will be Very different.

Inside the Micro-Dyson Sphere there are no Humans(In Large Groups) or Covenant. So if the Flood is one of the Main Enemies, who will it Infect? We Know How many Spartans and Humans are inside the Sphere, but what we don't know is whether or not some of the Forerunners made it inside the Sphere.

But we can Surmise that the Sphere was Free from the Flood, Until the Chiefs Ship Passes through the Portal and somehow brings the Flood Spore into the Sphere.

cutchinz
06-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Well, Im sure its a typo, but just to Clarify 100,000 Years before.
This brings up another interesting Question, And this almost Guarantees the Flood will be Very different.

Inside the Micro-Dyson Sphere there are no Humans(In Large Groups) or Covenant. So if the Flood is one of the Main Enemies, who will it Infect? We Know How many Spartans and Humans are inside the Sphere, but what we don't know is whether or not some of the Forerunners made it inside the Sphere.

But we can Surmise that the Sphere was Free from the Flood, Until the Chiefs Ship Passes through the Portal and somehow brings the Flood Spore into the Sphere.
How could the flood get inside the sphere though just from chief flying to it? I thought it was like a secret place you had to go to and then go inside.

ZingZitang
06-15-2011, 05:57 PM
How could the flood get inside the sphere though just from chief flying to it? I thought it was like a secret place you had to go to and then go inside.
To be fair, your correct. The only Entrance we've seen into the Micro-Dyson Sphere was at the Very Core of the Forerunner Shield World Onyx. And in All honesty we don't even know if thats where this Portal will take the Chief, But considering the Fact that this Portal has Opened on the Surface of another Shield World, I think it seems Very Likely that it is another Portal to the Micro-Dyson Sphere.

And Perhaps a Flood Spore made it aboard the Forward Unto Dawn(Mirnada Keyes' Ship that The Chief and Arbiter Escape the Ark on). Keep in mind that when Humanity First Discovered the Flood over 100,000 Years ago it was Inorganic Dust found in Canisters, on Derelict Cargo Ships from somewhere outside the Milky Way.

To Spread the Flood, Only one Air born Spore needs to be on board the Ship when it enters the Micro-Dyson Sphere.

But we also have to Keep in mind that the Entirety of the Flood was not necessarily at the Ark when It was Destroyed. The Flood is still "Alive" somewhere.

DarkReign2021
06-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes. 100,000. Stupid typo.

I have no doubt not all of the flood were at the Ark installation. The flood have been loose and had free range of various quadrants of the galaxy since before the Halo's were even created. Not to mention there are entire galaxies that have been completely consumed by the Flood just waiting for an opportunity to show up and wreak havoc.

As far as we know, there are no flood inside the Shield worlds (remember they are separate. It's not just portals leading to the same world. Spirit of Fire destroyed the first Shield world back in 2531 with their FTL drive, but obviously the Spartans and Halsey had something to go to in GoO. There's a possibility that there may be portals kinecting the various worlds together, however, which would play well into the storyline.

If you remember though, in Halo Wars there were already flood somehow established on the Shield Worlds surface (with a Gravemind further along in development than the Proto-Gravemind in Halo 1 ever was.) Than a couple of the levels after they entered inside the shield would also had Flood, meaning they had somehow breached the cleansing system along the way and infiltrated this "safe zone."

As for the question of what the flood will use as a host, that honestly is a very big question. It was odd enough that there were so many human-forms of the Flood in Halo 2 considering how many humans were onboard the In Amber Clad and how little time they had actually spent on the planet. But this question is even more important than that. Aside from Forerunner forms that seems likely as well as the possibility of our old friend the Gravemind returning with his Flood (as well as the other Graveminds that almost certainly exist) I can see them pulling a Mass Effect here, possibly introducing a handful of new Alien Species that serve the singular purpose of having been assimilated by the Flood. To be perfectly honest, I can forsee the Flood turning into the Zerg (Starcraft), which would honestly be ok with me. We've already got the Flood comparison of Zerglings and Hydralisk. Plus the introduction of the Juggernaut would make for a good Ultralisk. I wouldn't be surprised if the Flood got more diverse units for Burrowing, Flying, Kamikaze, Explosive, and Long Range attacks. I wouldn't be surprised if they even got a kind of Overlord that could drop enemy flood into Battle (a much-loved tactic of the Covenant throughout the Halo series that certainly won't be going away.) I also predict big enemies. Not just Juggernaut and Hunter big. I'm talking Serious Sam big. Probably not many and I certainly hope they're not conducted as boss fights, but just large enemies that force you to either run or unload a shitload of ammo to dispatch. We've seen the Flood come in all sizes thanks to Origins, so why not take advantage of it? The simple "combat forms mass rushing you with whips and poorly-handled weapons" method simply wouldn't carry the game at all.

DarkReign2021
06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
I've traveled far and wide to bring you some insights on Halo 4. Here's the deal, do not ask where the info came from I cannot reveal it, do not ask for proof cause I cannot give it. If you don't believe me I completely understand, as long as you realize that any requests for a source are wasting your time. If you don't want to take my word on this that's cool, it doesn't bother me if you don't believe me.

This is a bunch of info taken from a pretty secret media blast that's been doing the rounds and is under embargo until the Halo celebration event. This document is for media outlets and they'll no doubt be publishing these details later in August during the event. This is not an exact copy of the document but a paraphrased version from a journalist.

"Halo 4 returns players to the story of the Master Chief and Cortana in the events that follow the conclusion of Halo 3. Players will experience an all new story and introduce a new roster of enemies and weapons to the Halo experience. Set against the top secret Forerunner planetoid known to ONI as Sigma 7, players will encounter a dark new foe and unravel more of the mysteries behind the forerunners and the Office of Naval Intelligence.

At the heart of Halo 4 is a stronger focus than ever before behind story telling and player choice. Players will be offered an unprecedented level of customization and a narrative experience never before seen in a first person shooter. On a technical level Halo 4 pushes the boundaries of the action genre by incorporating larger battlefields than ever before and players will experience conflicts that seamlessly span land, sea and space.

Halo 4 will expand the series trademark arsenal of weapons and vehicles beyond any other title so far. Players can expect fan favorites to return along with new additions. Halo 4 will also feature the revolutionary new Arsenal Improvisation Mechanics that allow for menu-free, creative customization of weapons and vehicles in the heat of combat. Players will take their fight to a new level by dynamically tailoring their weapons and vehicles to suit any situations or enemies."

At the moment it seems 343 are focusing on the new and improved story and weapons system (of which the new AIM mechanic is only mysteriously alluded to) but there was some video shown that fills in some of the gaps. Halo 4 is set on a Forerunner planet that has an inner and outer surface that provides two distinct styles. The outside is very industrial and features a wide range of hostile Forerunner tech and AI. The video showed space combat here. The inside of the planetoid is hollow and is sectioned off in to many tiers/bands (almost resembling Halo rings) that feature a myriad of natural environments not only resembling earth's but many other alien terrains. The video featured combat across a multitude of environments from space to mountains, plains and oceans. Presumably, ONI had been top secretly researching the planet for some. There are UNSC forces on the planet but they look really degraded and disorganized and it was implied that they may be divided into factions and warring with each other. At one point we see a heavily modified warthog that has had the wheels replaced two kind of anti gravity devices. At another point the Chief is clearly sprinting which possibly implies a return of armor abilities. There was no sign of the Flood or the Covenant but at the very end of the trailer the 'dark new threat' was hinted at. The video ends with the Chief standing at a dark cave entrance and from within can be heard some menacing gurgling and grunting. Cortana says "They're coming back ... and there's a LOT more of them this time", the Master chief then readies a new weapon that looks like a cross between a rocket launcher and a Needler and it focuses on his helmet and visor and a number of strange digital effects ripple across his visor then the videos ends.

ZingZitang
06-20-2011, 01:44 PM
^^^

If you speak the Truth, then it all sounds very cool. Especially for the Possibility of Forerunner Weapons!

But I have one Question:

Do you think this Voids the Micro-Dyson Sphere Theory?

I don't think it does, I think there is still a possibility of The Rest of the Spartans Returning.

ACE 120200
06-20-2011, 03:08 PM
wow this is crazy. Great guessing on the storyline everyone. I can not wait to see some additional footage maybe by holiday season this year as they give us a taste of what is coming next year. And we are probably only about 12-14 months away from a beta. They better do a beta for this so we can work out the kinks and get our taste buds going. Not that they are not going already...LOL

DarkReign2021
06-20-2011, 07:43 PM
At this point I rule out nothing. Halo 4 is shooting for a more narrative approach this time around and that offers a lot of opportunity for the other elements of the universe to come together. Master Chief will remain the singular savior of the Galaxy, but that's no reason why he can't have allies by his side. Introducing the SoF and the Dyson Sphere with the Spartans is a perfect opportunity to do such a thing without having to stretch to explain why there were marines on this world. I cannot explain why ONI would've already known about this world, but for whatever reason it sounds like there's going to be a lot of deception from the Human ranks this time around. I wouldn't even be surprised if we started running into issues with the Rebels at this point in the series (They were intended to be a part of Halo 2, but were eventually scrapped.)

theNomad
06-30-2011, 01:50 AM
There's no hint at how long the chief as been cryogenically frozen, he could land and it be a planet over run with apes
we finally really did it. YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP!

Been some funny comments about the trailer on youtube, like how did his helmet grow lights, and are those just thrusters (for use in zero gravity) in his armour or did he grow a jetpack while froze.

Like most here I can't wait, out of my main wants (Skyrim/Diablo 3/Mass Effect 3) Halo 4 is #1.

Efase
06-30-2011, 03:11 AM
What if they find the guys from Halo Wars? That'd be cool :O

DarkReign2021
07-01-2011, 02:03 AM
There's no hint at how long the chief as been cryogenically frozen, he could land and it be a planet over run with apes

Been some funny comments about the trailer on youtube, like how did his helmet grow lights, and are those just thrusters (for use in zero gravity) in his armour or did he grow a jetpack while froze.

Like most here I can't wait, out of my main wants (Skyrim/Diablo 3/Mass Effect 3) Halo 4 is #1.

The lights in his helmet? You mean the flashlight? He's had that since the first Halo game.

As for the thrusters, according to the books they've always been there. They're just not used in the previous games because they're built as navigational tools in zero-gee atmospheres. They don't work like Jetpacks and it's obvious that isn't a jetpack since we know what they look like in design (they're external and we can see there's nothing outside of the chiefs suit.)

I would be questioning more about what happened the chiefs armor during this time. He's taken a deal of damage to his visor, his gauntlets are missing as is the cod piece. That kind of stuff doesn't just disappear. Of course, it's probably just an aesthetic change to emphasize just how much crap the chief has been through since he got the armor in Halo 2.)

RBmaster9345
08-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking new race of aliens. With as many races as there were within the Covanent its likley there are plenty of aliens we havent seen yet. As for keeping the covy weapons in the game which is something they'll probably need to do they could say the covies had more enemies than humans alone

ZingZitang
08-18-2011, 03:40 PM
While trying to deduce what information was in Dr. Halseys "Latchkey" during the final moments of Halo Reach, I ran Across this Quote from Mendicant Bias which I found Very Interesting:
"And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I'm not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions. But I would have my masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my example."
While I had seen this before of course, It never really had meaning. But now with the information about Halo 4, This seemingly harmless text becomes Extremely Interesting!

Mendicant Bias Wants to Show his masters some sort of proof that he has Realized his mistakes. He wants their forgiveness, and his means of achieving it is through John.

This Implies that Maybe where John and Cortana's Half of Forward Unto Dawn Ended up was not an Accident. It sounds like Mendicant Bias somehow intended to send them there. In Order to do so, would Mendicant Bias need to be on board The Forward Unto Dawn?

What this also implies is that There are most definitely Surviving Forerunners! The only place I know of(inside the Milky Way) That Forerunners could have Survived The Halo Activation is inside the Micro-Dyson Sphere, which is why Mendicant Bias sent them to a Shield World with Access to the Sphere. (Don't forget that most of the Remaining Spartans, along with Dr. Halsey and Chief Mendez are also in the Sphere.)

I think this is a pretty big New theory. It Corroborates with Many of my Previous Theories as well as Dark's Theories.

If Mendicant Bias wants to Show his Masters(Forerunners) Proof of his Repentance, he would need to get his Proof(John) to a place where the Forerunners still Existed. This must mean that the Planet John and Cortana were found Orbiting must be a Shield World, and that the Portal on that Planets Surface they are now Hurtling towards must be a portal into the Micro-Dyson Sphere, where there are Surviving Forerunners and the Remaining Spartans, along with Dr. Halsey and Chief Mendez.

Think about it, John and Cortana just ended up at this Forerunner Planet by Coincidence? Not likely, if there's one thing we should all know about Halo, its that there are no Coincidences.

Furthermore, this will start out the new Trilogy in a Very Similar way to the Original. At the Beginning of the Original Trilogy, the Pillar of Autumn seemingly makes a Random Slipspace Jump(Per Cole Protocol), and ends up at the Halo Array. Now we learn later on that the "Random Jump" Actually wasn't random at all.

Cortana Had Deciphered a set of Stellar Coordinates from the Sigma Octanis Artifact(There were other Coordinates contained in the "Space Rock", but thats another topic), and manipulated the "Random Jump" so that it was actually a Slipspace jump to the Coordinates She Discovered. The Coordinates of Halo Installation 04.

With this new information about Mendicant Bias, we can draw parallels to the End of Halo 3/Beginning of Halo 4. Seemingly through Sheer Coincidence John and Cortana, Aboard the Severed half of the Forward Unto Dawn, End up at another Forerunner Construct, though this time around its a Shield World. But we know There are no Coincidences, Mendicant Bias Sent them Here, just like Cortana "Sent" them to Halo Installation 04.

DarkReign2021
08-18-2011, 07:40 PM
While trying to deduce what information was in Dr. Halseys "Latchkey" during the final moments of Halo Reach, I ran Across this Quote from Mendicant Bias which I found Very Interesting:

While I had seen this before of course, It never really had meaning. But now with the information about Halo 4, This seemingly harmless text becomes Extremely Interesting!

Mendicant Bias Wants to Show his masters some sort of proof that he has Realized his mistakes. He wants their forgiveness, and his means of achieving it is through John.

This Implies that Maybe where John and Cortana's Half of Forward Unto Dawn Ended up was not an Accident. It sounds like Mendicant Bias somehow intended to send them there. In Order to do so, would Mendicant Bias need to be on board The Forward Unto Dawn?

What this also implies is that There are most definitely Surviving Forerunners! The only place I know of(inside the Milky Way) That Forerunners could have Survived The Halo Activation is inside the Micro-Dyson Sphere, which is why Mendicant Bias sent them to a Shield World with Access to the Sphere. (Don't forget that most of the Remaining Spartans, along with Dr. Halsey and Chief Mendez are also in the Sphere.)

I think this is a pretty big New theory. It Corroborates with Many of my Previous Theories as well as Dark's Theories.

If Mendicant Bias wants to Show his Masters(Forerunners) Proof of his Repentance, he would need to get his Proof(John) to a place where the Forerunners still Existed. This must mean that the Planet John and Cortana were found Orbiting must be a Shield World, and that the Portal on that Planets Surface they are now Hurtling towards must be a portal into the Micro-Dyson Sphere, where there are Surviving Forerunners and the Remaining Spartans, along with Dr. Halsey and Chief Mendez.

Think about it, John and Cortana just ended up at this Forerunner Planet by Coincidence? Not likely, if there's one thing we should all know about Halo, its that there are no Coincidences.

Furthermore, this will start out the new Trilogy in a Very Similar way to the Original. At the Beginning of the Original Trilogy, the Pillar of Autumn seemingly makes a Random Slipspace Jump(Per Cole Protocol), and ends up at the Halo Array. Now we learn later on that the "Random Jump" Actually wasn't random at all.

Cortana Had Deciphered a set of Stellar Coordinates from the Sigma Octanis Artifact(There were other Coordinates contained in the "Space Rock", but thats another topic), and manipulated the "Random Jump" so that it was actually a Slipspace jump to the Coordinates She Discovered. The Coordinates of Halo Installation 04.

With this new information about Mendicant Bias, we can draw parallels to the End of Halo 3/Beginning of Halo 4. Seemingly through Sheer Coincidence John and Cortana, Aboard the Severed half of the Forward Unto Dawn, End up at another Forerunner Construct, though this time around its a Shield World. But we know There are no Coincidences, Mendicant Bias Sent them Here, just like Cortana "Sent" them to Halo Installation 04.

A lot of this theory almost perfectly mirrors my personal thoughts and ideas that I've had since even before Halo 4 was announced.

Based off of that very same sentence, this was my first assumption and what I felt to be the most likely explanation for it. The fact that he's contacting you throughout Halo 3 via these terminals and telling their story tells you that he's trying to appeal to the Chief. There is no padding or deception or treachery in his story. He makes it none too clear that he was a bastard and that he was the reason so much was destroyed. He also made it very clear that his intention is indeed to make up for the mistakes that he made by preventing them from being made again.

When the Ark Portal was opened earlier in the game, that was it. It stayed open. So there was no reason for the Portal to all of a sudden close down now. You could say the Ark being damaged did so, but I don't believe it did. Halo clearly hadn't gone off yet as everybody was still alive, but I don't think it would've shaken apart before the final detonation, so something closed the portal and did so at just the precise moment that only the Chief (and Cortana) would be left inside.

At this point, it's all completely dependent on the level of Slipspace technology the Forerunner possessed, but in theory they (and in comparison Mendicant) would be able to redirect anything within slipspace to any point they themselves deem necessary. There is absolutely no chance in hell it's going to be a coincidence. The galaxy is way too big for a portal to magically close on you and allow you to not only survive, but also encounter an unknown Forerunner installation (and one that's still active.) The slipspace crystal in First Srike would be a key component to pulling off such an action like this, but not necessarily meaning it would be the only means of doing so. ( I do have another couple possible idea as to where the chief is in regards to the Portal, but I'll save it since it's a bit far-fetched.)

(I also don't think Mendicant Bias would necessarily need to be aboard the FUD, but as far as what his current location is, we have absolutely no idea. The last confirmed sighting of MB was aboard High Charity in 2525 before the First Contact war.)

As for the Forerunner being alive, I don't think this necessarily confirms that they are or are not. He is attempting to atone to his masters, not his creators. Just as the Guilty Spark confirmed, upon the [theorized] extinction of the Forerunner species, their legacy is handed down to Humanity just as it was supposedly handed down from the Precursors to the Forerunner (though that I'm now beginning to question.) I think Mendicant Bias acknowledges that Humanity is now the reigning species in the galaxy and heir to the Forerunner and he will atone for his mistakes as per their approval.

As for the planet itself, I still stand by it being a shield world, but not one that's been discovered before. Both Onyx and the unnamed world were destroyed, but that's certainly something the Forerunner would've accounted for. I have no doubt in my mind that all of the Shield Worlds are going to be connected by their own slip-space paths to each other and in the middle will be a central Hub area (Forerunner existence wasn't going to just stop while they waited years for the Flood to finally starve and die off.) I'm sure Halsey and the others will find this Hub as will the Chief and Cortana from their end (and Spirit of Fire somehow if that ever comes into play.)

ZingZitang
08-19-2011, 03:38 PM
(I also don't think Mendicant Bias would necessarily need to be aboard the FUD, but as far as what his current location is, we have absolutely no idea. The last confirmed sighting of MB was aboard High Charity in 2525 before the First Contact war.)
If I remember Correctly, At the End of Halo 2, Cortana mentions something about an AI on the Key Ship of High Charity. She also mentions how its Unusually Resilient for a Covenant AI, and that she was battling it to Delay the Launch of the Key Ship so John could get on board. I know that Mendicant Bias was Disconnected by the Prophet of Truth in 2525 after he Tried to Fly off with the Key Ship, But maybe in the last 27 years he was somehow re-connected?

It could have just been a more powerful Covenant AI, but What if it Was Mendicant Bias?

As for the Forerunner being alive, I don't think this necessarily confirms that they are or are not. He is attempting to atone to his masters, not his creators. Just as the Guilty Spark confirmed, upon the [theorized] extinction of the Forerunner species, their legacy is handed down to Humanity just as it was supposedly handed down from the Precursors to the Forerunner (though that I'm now beginning to question.) I think Mendicant Bias acknowledges that Humanity is now the reigning species in the galaxy and heir to the Forerunner and he will atone for his mistakes as per their approval.
This is true, Humanity has been Designated the "Heir", as it were, to the Forerunner Legacy, to the Mantle. And Mendicant Bias even Referees to Humans as his Creators. But I suppose this is pretty Ambiguous. Does Mendicant Bias want Forgiveness from the Forerunner for Betraying them, or does he want to ensure the Survival of Humanity, and want their approval as his new masters?
(and Spirit of Fire somehow if that ever comes into play.)On a Side Note, I seriously hope the Spirit of Fire Comes into play. After all, John and Cortana will need a Ship, More Spartans are Always a good thing, and Can you Imagine Anders and Halsey meeting inside the Sphere? That would be pretty entertaining I think. Plus, We need a New Bad Ass Ship Captain Like Jacob and Miranda Keys, And I think Captain Cutter has the Potential to be Awesome(He's Already Pretty Awesome).

Halo Fest Starts Next Weekend. I'm sure we'll get some new information.

ShadowsPredator
08-24-2011, 12:23 AM
no matter what happens in this game im gonna get it as its halo, and they havent deissapointed yet :)

ZingZitang
08-31-2011, 05:57 PM
http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/30/7527519-halo-reclaimer-trilogy-will-go-deep-with-master-chief-cortana (News From Halo Fest!)

The new Trilogy is Collectively called "The Reclaimer Trilogy". 343 and Frankie said that the new trilogy will be a lot more Personal with the Chief as a Man, and his Relationship with Cortana. They want to Focus more on John and Cortana. Developing the Characters, as well as their relationship.

They also talk about Forerunner Locations that are "alive" and "not dead and empty". I think this further hints at Forerunner Survivors inside the Micro Dyson Sphere.

MixMaker1
08-31-2011, 09:16 PM
DarkReign2021, I love your idea of converging all three plots together to make it on one path. If they did that, it truly would tie everything back to one spot and make the story MUCH MUCH more rich and deep.

ZingZitang
09-01-2011, 08:11 PM
DarkReign2021, I love your idea of converging all three plots together to make it on one path. If they did that, it truly would tie everything back to one spot and make the story MUCH MUCH more rich and deep.
Just watched a Video on Waypoint last night, Frankie said that They've been working on Halo 4 for Nearly 4 Years now, and Everything Halo in the Past couple Years has Been Secretly Building up to Halo 4 and the New Trilogy.

Although he never said anything in Particular other than Halo Anniversary(Terminals) He did say that many Books, Games, Graphic Novels/Comics released in the last few years have been leading up to The Reclaimer Trilogy.

When he says "Within the last few years I think obviously since Halo 3.
When he says Books I think Ghost of Onyx
When he says games I think Halo Wars

Is everything falling into place for an Unbelievably Awesome Game Featuring the Crew of the Spirit of Fire, the Spartans and Dr Halsey inside the Dyson Sphere, along with John and Cortana? I think so.

MixMaker1
09-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Just watched a Video on Waypoint last night, Frankie said that They've been working on Halo 4 for Nearly 4 Years now, and Everything Halo in the Past couple Years has Been Secretly Building up to Halo 4 and the New Trilogy.

Although he never said anything in Particular other than Halo Anniversary(Terminals) He did say that many Books, Games, Graphic Novels/Comics released in the last few years have been leading up to The Reclaimer Trilogy.

When he says "Within the last few years I think obviously since Halo 3.
When he says Books I think Ghost of Onyx
When he says games I think Halo Wars

Is everything falling into place for an Unbelievably Awesome Game Featuring the Crew of the Spirit of Fire, the Spartans and Dr Halsey inside the Dyson Sphere, along with John and Cortana? I think so.
That would be BEYOND Epic. I'm reading GoOynx right now; love it.

Also, if they did this, it would easily bring a new sense of epicness to the series. I feel the one-man-spartan-army wouldn't do the new series good (for the most part). The idea of bringing in more Spartans and UNSC/characters excites the hell out of me.

DarkReign2021
09-02-2011, 03:50 AM
I've been claiming this fact since Halo 4 was first revealed and a lot of unofficial comments and rumors seem to point to this being an actuality. Lets think about the loose ends in the series that need to be tied up:

Master Chief and Cortana are stranded aboard a fraction of Forward Unto Dawn and heading toward a mysterious Forerunner artifact/planet that has now become active

The Spirit of Fire is stranded without a Shaw-Fujikawa Lightmass Slipspace engine in an uncharted region of the galaxy that once housed one of the Forerunner shield worlds and after an unconfirmed amount of time Serena informs Captain Cutter that she has found "something."

Dr. Halsey, Officer Mendoza, the remainder of Blue Team, a small band of S-III's, the trapped S-III team, and the mystery inhabitants trapped in the slipspace devices are all inside the Dyson Sphere that was once housed by the planet Onyx (Please people. Remember that Onyx was destroyed and only the Dyson Sphere and the encircling sentinel protectors remain. We obviously will NOT be going to Onyx in Halo 4. This does not, however, discount the possibility of one or more shield worlds becoming accessible through the Reclaimer trilogy.)

The ODST squad, as well as Vergil (Engineer), have gone unseen and unmentioned since the events of ODST. Vergil was obviously supposed to be important for Humanity's survival, but we don't know the first thing about what happened to him or the ODSTs and where they might eventually end up.

Jun is still AWOL as of the events of Halo: Reach. I've heard mention of a R.I.P notice with Jun's identification on it, but no amount of hunting in the game or online has given me any visual proof, so I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

Spartan Gray Team is still unaccounted for as of 2551, dating back to a little over a year prior to the discovery and destruction of Installation 04. They were last heard from in 2535 when they denied the covenant access to Nav Charts nearly obtained by a Rebel city called The Rubble. Shortly after completing the campaign, they were reassigned deep behind enemy lines and dropped out of contact 16 years later.

These are the major loose ends in the Halo series that I can think of at the moment (not including anything regarding Covenant or Flood involvement.) If anymore spring to mind I'll mention them. Now is an opportunity to start tying the series back into one encompassing plot. I would like to see all of these ends tied together in the long run as this would make for one of the most badass alien-killing teams in the universe and that's exactly what we need.

That said, however, I suspect if any storyline tie together at all, The Master Chief will be reunited with Dr. Halsey and the others. They're already deeply tied into the mystery of the Forerunner shield worlds and do so within the same general time span as the Chief (whereas the SoF's involvement was 21 years prior. But again, we don't know how long SoF's crew has been in Cryo.) The new trilogy is supposed to be focusing on the Chief and Cortana, so they're obviously not going to want to many characters taking the attention away from them, but at the same time the best way to evolve a character is to take away the omnipotent abilities that make him a 1-man killing machine. Making him more human is the first step to evolving his character and ally support is the best means of doing so.

Sorry for the rambling ^_^' It's late and I'm tired, but I wanted to spit this out before I pass out for the evening.

LickableLemons7
09-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Halo: Glasslands is supposed to be a novel pertaining to the aftermath of the events of Halo 3, right? Maybe Kareen Travis will hide some information leading us up to more ideas for Halo 4?

ak6054
09-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Totally stoked for Halo 4! Halo CE: 20th Ann Ed should hold the fort down til then. STOKED!!!

MixMaker1
09-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Halo: Glasslands is supposed to be a novel pertaining to the aftermath of the events of Halo 3, right? Maybe Kareen Travis will hide some information leading us up to more ideas for Halo 4?
Yes and the exciting news from Halo fest is the Arbiter WILL appear in the novel. It also takes place AFTER the events of Halo 3.

I'm re-reading Ghosts of Oynx now in preparation!

LickableLemons7
09-02-2011, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=MixMaker1;4463603]Yes and the exciting news from Halo fest is the Arbiter WILL appear in the novel. It also takes place AFTER the events of Halo 3.
QUOTE]

Holy crap! What's Arby gonna do? Go to his homeworld with the shipmaster and other elites? Help the humans flush out remaining Covenant forces? Die? Dun dun duuuuuuun!!!

ZingZitang
09-02-2011, 07:05 PM
The ODST squad, as well as Vergil (Engineer), have gone unseen and unmentioned since the events of ODST. Vergil was obviously supposed to be important for Humanity's survival, but we don't know the first thing about what happened to him or the ODSTs and where they might eventually end up.

Jun is still AWOL as of the events of Halo: Reach. I've heard mention of a R.I.P notice with Jun's identification on it, but no amount of hunting in the game or online has given me any visual proof, so I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

Spartan Gray Team is still unaccounted for as of 2551, dating back to a little over a year prior to the discovery and destruction of Installation 04. They were last heard from in 2535 when they denied the covenant access to Nav Charts nearly obtained by a Rebel city called The Rubble. Shortly after completing the campaign, they were reassigned deep behind enemy lines and dropped out of contact 16 years later.

I hadn't considered The ODST Squad, Jun, or Spartan Gray Team. While Spartan Gray Team could literally be anywhere, I'm not sure how they Will Tie Jun or the ODST Squad into the new Trilogy. But we probably wont see the End of this Trilogy until 2019(Based on the timeline for the Original Trilogy), and a LOT of Other Halo stuff Can happen in the next 8 years.

DarkReign2021
09-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Just something small I would like to point out so people will stop making this prediction. The planet seen in the Halo 4 trailer IS NOT Onyx. As I pointed out above, Onyx has been destroyed whilst the realm within the Dyson Sphere is all that remains at this point. TO add to that statement, I FINALLY found the interview that confirmed that it is not Onyx, but rather the planet identified by ONI as Sigma 7.

It is also confirmed that circular structure seen in the H4 trailers is also Sigma 7, which eliminates any theories of it possibly being a Dreadnaught similar to the likes of High Charity (another popular theory amongst fans.) Although it's not confirmed, many also speculate that the portion of the planet we're seeing up close is the small circular region that can be seen just beneath the Forerunner symbol in the Halo 3 legendary ending video.

Gamespot Interview with Frank O'Connor: Halo CE Anniversary and Halo 4 | E3 2011 - YouTube

ZingZitang
09-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Here's something interesting. This is from the Halopedia Descriptions of Halo: Glasslands and Primordium. So take that for what its worth.

Halo: Glasslands is going to Feature a team Sent on a Diplomatic Mission to Shanghelios. At some point During Either Glasslands or its Sequels, this Diplomatic team will meet up with "Survivors from the Battle of Onyx". . . This is interesting.

One of the ODST placed on this Diplomatic mission is said to have a very strong Reaction after realizing how young some of the Spartans are. . . This is also interesting. Now this could possibly throw a big Wrench into our previous predictions, but we don't know how they "meet" the Survivors, whether or not its in person.

Also, considering we don't have any sort of timeline for Glasslands or Halo 4, this Meeting could happen after John and Cortana enter the Micro Dyson Sphere and inevitably Helps the Survivors Escape.(This is how It would fit into previous theories?)

And Very Interestingly, Greg Bear Has hinted that there may be some sort of a Connection between John-117, and one of the Humans - Chakas or Riser. Pretty sure it will be Chakas, he seems to have more of the Spotlight, if you will.

DarkReign - This would directly Correlate with our theories about Cortana's Perception of John's "Luck" - Johns Understanding of Forerunner Technology, and him being the Key to Defeating the Flood(By having Ancient Humans' Genetic Memories deep in his subconscious).

DarkReign2021
09-21-2011, 10:15 PM
In regards to Glasslands, your guess is as good as mine. I hadn't seen the description before now, but I'm curious to see what Onyx survivors this refers to. One thing I would like to point out is that most of S-III Gamma Company us currently unaccounted for. Team Gladius is confirmed KIA, Katana is being held in Stasis, and 3 of the 5 members of Saber team are active in the Dyson Sphere, but we also know that S-III Companies were trained with roughly 300 recruits at a time. That is A LOT of missing Spartans. No telling whether they were even on the planet at the time or what they were up to when the events in GoO occurred.

As for Primordium, I thought I had already touched on this somewhere, but maybe I'm imagining things. The close relation between John and another Human (as you said, probably Chakas) serves extremely well in suggesting that our theory on the Geas or something similar could very well be correct. The more I think about it the more convinced I am that this is the culmination of the entire fight against the Flood. (I tend to put faith in my theories regarding the Forerunner, Flood, and events occurring before the events of the games and related novels. Around the time Halo 2 had first been released I was about to correctly predict a lot of the history regarding the Flood and how they came to exist and evolve into what they are today.)

As for the date, I must not be seeing something that you are. On Halopedia it say's events take place 3 million years before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. I'm not seeing anything any earlier.

ZingZitang
09-23-2011, 07:00 PM
In regards to Glasslands, your guess is as good as mine. I hadn't seen the description before now, but I'm curious to see what Onyx survivors this refers to. One thing I would like to point out is that most of S-III Gamma Company us currently unaccounted for. Team Gladius is confirmed KIA, Katana is being held in Stasis, and 3 of the 5 members of Saber team are active in the Dyson Sphere, but we also know that S-III Companies were trained with roughly 300 recruits at a time. That is A LOT of missing Spartans. No telling whether they were even on the planet at the time or what they were up to when the events in GoO occurred. That is a Very Good point. The Survivors of the Battle of Onyx they come into contact with Could really be anyone.

. . .

As for the date, I must not be seeing something that you are. On Halopedia it say's events take place 3 million years before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. I'm not seeing anything any earlier.
And you Are Correct. I Read that Completely Wrong. Will Correct my Previous post to prevent Confusion. The Halopedia Entry says "Up to" 3,000,000 yeas before, which is just Confusing. I read it as 3,000 and did some simple calculations, which is where I got the Date from.

There will be Details of the Precursors Dating As Far Back as 3,000,000 Years before the Events of Halo. So it Seems Primordium will have a major Focus on Humans and The Precursors. . . Interesting.

DarkReign2021
09-23-2011, 08:24 PM
As we all know, the Halo array was activated roughly around the year 100,000 B.C. by the Didact (or the Didact's successor, Bornstellar, anyway.) Riser and Chakas are also crash-landed aboard the rogue Halo installation that was hijacked by Mendicant Bias and The Timeless One is taking refuge within a structure known only as the "Palace of Pain." Putting the story back 3,000,000 years would suggest that there will be a good deal of flashback storytelling as that is a 2.9 million year jump from the events of the book. There's a good chance that 3,000,000 years would put us back to a time when the Precursor were in power and will clue us in on why the Forerunner rose up and destroyed them to assume the mantle. So we'll still see a good deal of Forerunner involvement, but it will probably be confined to the Flashbacks of the war and I doubt we'll see much of Bornstellar or the Librarian (at least until close to the end.) The third and book will probably focus primarily on the creation and utilization of Offensive Bias and the activation of the Ark as we already know happened. (and damn that third book is gonna be epic. It will be the first time in Halo lore that the installations are actually successfully fired. There's going to be a lot of emotion driving those last few chapters.)

halorvb13
10-02-2011, 12:52 AM
If I remember Correctly, At the End of Halo 2, Cortana mentions something about an AI on the Key Ship of High Charity. She also mentions how its Unusually Resilient for a Covenant AI, and that she was battling it to Delay the Launch of the Key Ship so John could get on board. I know that Mendicant Bias was Disconnected by the Prophet of Truth in 2525 after he Tried to Fly off with the Key Ship, But maybe in the last 27 years he was somehow re-connected?

It could have just been a more powerful Covenant AI, but What if it Was Mendicant Bias?

This is true, Humanity has been Designated the "Heir", as it were, to the Forerunner Legacy, to the Mantle. And Mendicant Bias even Referees to Humans as his Creators. But I suppose this is pretty Ambiguous. Does Mendicant Bias want Forgiveness from the Forerunner for Betraying them, or does he want to ensure the Survival of Humanity, and want their approval as his new masters?
On a Side Note, I seriously hope the Spirit of Fire Comes into play. After all, John and Cortana will need a Ship, More Spartans are Always a good thing, and Can you Imagine Anders and Halsey meeting inside the Sphere? That would be pretty entertaining I think. Plus, We need a New Bad Ass Ship Captain Like Jacob and Miranda Keys, And I think Captain Cutter has the Potential to be Awesome(He's Already Pretty Awesome).

Halo Fest Starts Next Weekend. I'm sure we'll get some new information.

First off, lets assume that it isn't a covenant AI. Perhaps it is an AI by the forerunner. THat's how its so resilliant. And somehow, perhaps a Huragok aboard High Charity found, and mistakinly reconnected it. As for the Spirit of Fire, that was before Halo Combat Evolved. However, the flood was just introduced to humans then, along with forerunners. So that obviously means that the Spirit of Fire never made it back to any of Earth's colonies. Perhaps it got sucked into a portal like Halsey and the others. The Master Chief is on the Planet Sigma 7 (was it?). But the portal to the shield world is on Sigma 7 too. Chief will then meet Anders, Halsey, Cutter, spatans on there along with Forerunners who turn out to be quite hostile. This could be because of Flood getting onto the sheild world through the happenings of the portal being opened. Which could have happened only 4 known times. a- when the foreruuners went in. b - When anders went in. c - when Halsey went in. or d - when chief went in. It is likely that somehow the Mendicant Bias was onboard the Forward Unto Dawn and is now in the shield world. The flood most likely got in when The SoF got in. That's why Seirena said that something had happened. They had a flood spore on board. During the panic and confusion, the SoF crashed on an alien/forerunner planet and was teleported into the shield world. Because of the humans bringing the flood, the surviving forerunners turn hostile torward them. The Mendicant Bias is meant to bring the chief because by going through the Portal, he opens one up in the shield world allowing the forerunners to escape. They want to now destroy the flood once and for all. That's why theres a new evil threatening the fae of the universe. They will activate a supe halo, that destroys all life, in the universe. Of course this is just a theory.

DarkReign2021
10-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Well now don't mind me. If the post doesn't regard something Halo-related, it's usually safe to just ignore it anyhow. I'm a crackpot conspirator. You should hear the one about how Elvis is still alive after faking his medicinal overdose-driven death and Michael Jackson did the same thing to disappear from the public eye so they can sit on a beach in Mexico sipping Margaritas as Gay lovers.

xSeifer13x
10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Great discussion guys, I'm totally thrilled that others are sharing in my train of thought.

While I haven't read any of the novels, what I do know is based off the various Wiki's for Halo and the universe.

Taken into account that 343 wants this new trilogy to focus more on the man behind the armor, I really see some interaction in there with Kelly. With her being John's longest living friend and them wanting to show more of the man, you have to think about the most important emotion in any mans life. Love.

With that said, I can see some pretty interesting situations involving John and Kelly.

What do you guys think about the new concept art trailer? I've sorta picked out a few details from it.

Halo Fest: Halo 4 Concept Art Glimpse - YouTube

0:41 - Looks like a Banshee or two in the upper-right hand corner.
1:03 - Possibly two UNSC Pelicans flying on the right?
1:09 - Possible Covenant ships?

I know it's concept art, but at least we sorta know where their minds are.

RBmaster9345
10-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Strongly hinted in one of the newest CE vidocs that the terminals will have relation to Halo 4. Maybe even a 4th Halo ring (of course)

halorvb13
10-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Strongly hinted in one of the newest CE vidocs that the terminals will have relation to Halo 4. Maybe even a 4th Halo ring (of course)
I thought that there were seven halo rings.

DarkReign2021
10-28-2011, 07:43 PM
I thought that there were seven halo rings.

Started at 12, 4 were destroyed before the Forerunner went extinct and 1 is currently unknown. The remaining 7 were placed, than the Chief destroyed 1, leaving us at 6.

I think what he meant, however, is that we'll visit a 4th ring in the new trilogy. That, however, would be in correct as we haven't even been to a 3rd ring yet. The Ark and the rebuilt Installation 04 in H3 don't count as arrays. At any rate, I think after visiting the Ark the notion of visiting another Halo is minor league. Even if we do visit 1 or even all 7 of them, there's got to be a lot more going on than just that.

I'm not going to update my timeline and I'm not going to post my ideas on here since many other people haven't had a chance to read it yet, but having completed Glasslands, I'm going to say a handful of our hopes and predictions as to who some of the major characters in the next game will be are wrong. I can't be 100% certain as they may still find some way to turn it all around (Glasslands is only the first in another trilogy of books), but a lot of steps have been taken regarding the Shield world on Onyx. This kills a good number of the theories I've read, including a couple of my own. If anything, Glasslands has left me more in confusion about how Halo 4 will proceed than I was before. Hopefully the CEA terminals and Primordium will help clear things up a little bit.

Ty-Rex
10-29-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm not going to post my ideas on here since many other people haven't had a chance to read it yet
You can always use spoiler tags. In case you or someone curious doesn't know how to:

[spoiler = *any number*] words [/ spoiler]

The "*any number*" needs to just be replaced with, take a guess, any number. Just remember to remover the spaces as if you were writing a normal forum code thingy.

Purge
10-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Well I think it's going to be either something Marathon related or he's going to uncover that the forerunners are still alive or something like that. The forerunners would make for an excellent enemy.

RBmaster9345
11-16-2011, 05:36 AM
For those that have watched all the CE terminals what are your thoughts? Theres a looooooooooooot of shit we've never seen in them that all could be potentially important

DarkReign2021
11-16-2011, 07:46 AM
To be honest I didn't get as much from the Terminals as I was hoping. There definitely seems to be a lot of Foreshadowing regarding the Librarian and the Didact in the upcoming Forerunner novels.

On a more thrilling note, and I didn't realize this until seeing it with subtitles in-game, but the first terminal you find, the one on PoA, 343GS mentions something about checking your GEAS. If anybody looks back earlier in this thread there's a lot of talk about the Chief being influenced by a GEAS. This all but confirms my theory.

Also, looking back, a lot of the dialog that didn't make sense between the Chief and 343 didn't make sense, but after Cryptum and with the addition of the Terminals, it's starting to clear up now. For instance, 343 mentions how the chief had ask him if he were [willing to light the rings] in the past. This never made sense since we always see the chief and 343 when they're together, but never heard such a thing. It occurs to men: What if 343 met Chakas, Master Chiefs supposed ancestor, back before the first activation of the Halo Array.

Little connections like this are being made and they make sense, which is crazy because Halo: CE was designed as a stand-alone game at the time with no plans for a sequel and even after Halo 2 and 3 Bungie had no plans of continuing the games, yet this dialog back in 2001 is only just becoming relevant in 2012.