PDA

View Full Version : Light the way & King of cheese...Stuck!

Pikey360
07-07-2007, 07:55 PM
For the Light the Way ach, do you need to get it during the Plentiful Platters mission or can you get after? 'cos I think i've missed it. What I dont get is what is 'overhang', is this the cooker-hood with the small umbrella...if so where do I jump to? just don't get it? Also as I dont know what the overhang is I cant get the King of Cheese ach.
:confused::confused:
Thanks in advance.

colburn
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
For the Light the Way ach, do you need to get it during the Plentiful Platters mission or can you get after? 'cos I think i've missed it. What I dont get is what is 'overhang', is this the cooker-hood with the small umbrella...if so where do I jump to? just don't get it? Also as I dont know what the overhang is I cant get the King of Cheese ach.
:confused::confused:
Thanks in advance.

that is the big hood-like top over the stove after you grab the first unbrella and land on top of it blow up the box but before jump on the light then blow up the box with the pepper then you will grab the new umbrella and jump in the first windblows and head to where you see kiss on the left lant on the fruit like food and then jump on cheese

xandura
07-09-2007, 04:34 PM
must be done during the mission only???

colburn
07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
i would say yes, only cause thats when igot mine. i never noticed the light when i was roam nor did i really look. but the cheese was never there.

xandura
07-09-2007, 09:39 PM
damn, not gonna replay this game for those ach, no way

well, I still need 16 or so charms in deserted kitchen, cant find them anywhere, got all the other achi but those 2 (and of course the final charms)

kawaiipuu
04-29-2008, 03:34 PM
I for the life of me can't figure out the light the way achievement. I read the replies and it just doesn't make sense. I take a bunch of jumping things up the roof of the stove and their is two umbrellas. I've used both and no matter where I jump I don't land anywhere near the other stove top. Please I am trying to finish this game. And please be more specific the one and only post doesn't make sense and not to mention I think the misspelling or misuse of words is why I don't understand. So please again HELP.

anthonyd46
09-28-2008, 05:18 AM
I was totally confused on this as well i had to replay the whole game for this achievement but anyway this is how you get it.

First get to the deserted kitchen level you only need to beat 4 missions per level to get here the minigames are not required to advance their just required for achievements

Second you need 70 coins to go around and collect

Third go over to the side where the coffee makers are the mission is over there

Now from here go back to where the coffee makers are and head towards the titled shelf you had to stand on for the achievement. To the right of this shelf there is a stove and some boxes. You will see a black looking over hang hugging the wall with blue accordion things pointing up. Grab the umbrella that is on the top of the boxes and use the blue things to get to the over hang. Once on the over hang there is a bunch of water and traps. First take the pepper blow up the box umbrella over and step on the cheese stack. Then go back where you came from you see a light thats jumpable, jump on it. Done.

jonesat
11-24-2008, 03:18 AM
so does this have to be done during the mission, or can it be done after the mission ???

Keywork Groover
03-08-2009, 03:41 PM
looks that way. I've just missed them I can't see anyway getting the dang things now.

Keywork Groover
03-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Well, I just played thru again. took about 2 hours. what an arse.

galve666
08-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, I just played thru again. took about 2 hours. what an arse.

missed it too, this sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 hours you say?
how, would people suggest to achieve a 'speed run' like this?

launchpadmcqack
08-29-2009, 07:30 AM
I was totally confused on this as well i had to replay the whole game for this achievement but anyway this is how you get it.

First get to the deserted kitchen level you only need to beat 4 missions per level to get here the minigames are not required to advance their just required for achievements

Second you need 70 coins to go around and collect

Third go over to the side where the coffee makers are the mission is over there

Now from here go back to where the coffee makers are and head towards the titled shelf you had to stand on for the achievement. To the right of this shelf there is a stove and some boxes. You will see a black looking over hang hugging the wall with blue accordion things pointing up. Grab the umbrella that is on the top of the boxes and use the blue things to get to the over hang. Once on the over hang there is a bunch of water and traps. First take the pepper blow up the box umbrella over and step on the cheese stack. Then go back where you came from you see a light thats jumpable, jump on it. Done.

You just saved me SOOOOOOO much time i couldnt see where everyone was talking about i thought it was the overhang with the 2 crabs...

Ross Patrol
12-08-2010, 08:07 AM
missed it too, this sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 hours you say?
how, would people suggest to achieve a 'speed run' like this?

Yeah, I had to play through the game a second time just to get these two achievements as well. Anthony had some good tips above... you'll have to do the Mabel level, and the outro missions, "Run, Remy, Run!" chase scenes, and 4 missions in each level after that.

In other words, you can skip one mission per world, and all the mini-missions (Gusteau chase, etc.) and minigames. On the Desserted Kitchen level though, you'll have to collect 70 charms to unlock the appropriate mission. Then, it's just a matter of jumping onto the light across from the water-slicked oven hood, and stack of cheese on top of the food cart across from the next hood.

I was able to play through again to Desserted Kitchen in a little under three hours, and I had to replay a couple of the chase scenes.