PDA

View Full Version : Split Screen Co-op Achievements

Big Bad Coll
06-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Just wondering if anybody can help my friend and I....

We have been playing through Hunted cooperatively over XBL and are currently halfway through chapter 3. Either this weekend or next, the plan is to go rounds to his house and play some split screen but we are unsure what we can both unlock regarding acheivements.

After reading a few reviews and doing a few searches i'm fairly certain I can't take my save file with me as the split screen mode only saves player 1's progress (unless someone can confirm otherwise). My question is, does anybody know what we can and can't unlock in split screen?

I'm thinking the 25 room crucible achievement will probably be all we can do, if that?

Big Bad Coll
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Anybody?????

Grummy
06-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I really have no idea. First question would be, on split screen, can you load up your gamertag for the player 2 slot? If not, you definitely won't get any achievements for your profile.

Assuming you CAN load your gamertag, I guess it depends if you carry over your own characters when you play co-op or use the hosts. You could test this by making sure your Caddoc has completely different weapons to his, then loading a game with you playing Caddoc and seeing if you come into the game with your weapons or the ones from his. If its your weapons, I'd guess you should be able to get all achievements fine as you are playing with your profile. If not, and your Caddoc has your friends loadout, then I would guess you won't unlock any achievements.

That could be completely wrong though as, if you can load up your gamertag, you may well be able to get them anyway regardless of whose characters you are using.

Big Bad Coll
06-10-2011, 09:24 AM
I've gone as far as initiating a splitscreen game with a second profile and it does assign a second gamertag to the second controller, however it doesn't allow you to use a save file therefore any progress will only be saved to player 1's profile.

As we are going through with me as Caddoc and my friend as E'lara on XBL, i'm hoping we can load up the boss section of each chapter in split screen and complete them with the other character for those achievements, and also hoping that we can do the 25 room crucible achievement. However, I cannot find confirmation anywhere that this will be the case.

Even if we can play the crucible and both unlock the 25 room achievement, i still may lose out as any gold collected will be saved back to my friend's profile but not mine.

I think???

Grummy
06-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Sorry to sound trite but, why bother? You're doing it over live as it is, and you can get all achievements via live, so why not just leave it that way?

Big Bad Coll
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Without sounding patronising......I still enjoy human contact with my friends from time to time. As much as developers are trying to push us into a "Surrogates" style existence i'll fight them all the way!!!

My friend and I are both married (not to each other, you understand!!) with children but try to have the odd night away from the wives, which normally only ends up being one of us round at the other's house playing xbox with a few cheeky beverages. Which is why we've been looking for a decent split screen game and were looking forward to Hunted. But since we're both achievement whores it looks like Hunted isn't the split screen game for us!!

Willlham
06-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Im playing splitscreen with my gf (im second GT) an we just finished chapter 1 so far i've received unlock crucible content cheevo an kill the boss at end of 1st chapter. I DIDN'T get complete first chapter cheev tho.

I think it mite be because there is no save data to confirm I completed the chapter?

Big Bad Coll
06-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Im playing splitscreen with my gf (im second GT) an we just finished chapter 1 so far i've received unlock crucible content cheevo an kill the boss at end of 1st chapter. I DIDN'T get complete first chapter cheev tho.

I think it mite be because there is no save data to confirm I completed the chapter?

Thanks for the reply, at least I know my friend and I can complete the boss sections with the other characters for those achievements.

Still looking for confirmation that we'll both get the achievement for the 25 room crucible map if we do it in splitscreen, if anyone can help?

Willlham
06-14-2011, 11:23 AM
hey just an update. we started again cause we missed a dragons tear an i got the chapter 1 completion achievement when we got to 1.5. just finished chapter 2 an i got that one too. hoping to finish off the adventure today then we're gonna go for the 25 room. i'll let u no how we get on.

XDesertClawX
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
so just to make a general question: if i play the game with a buddy in splitscreen, i with my gamertag, and he with his, do we both can get all achievements? and is it possible to stop at a point and play further another day? (i ask because i heard it doesnt save the progress for the second player....)

Willlham
06-15-2011, 10:50 AM
yeah its fine im playin with my gf an we've played over a few days. i just got smash 50 enemy shields but she hasn't yet (shes player 1). on my single player i have all progress saved in campaign but my characters are still as they started. i think it only doesnt save char progress an thats it

Russia Black
06-15-2011, 06:25 PM
so just to make a general question: if i play the game with a buddy in splitscreen, i with my gamertag, and he with his, do we both can get all achievements? and is it possible to stop at a point and play further another day? (i ask because i heard it doesnt save the progress for the second player....)

You can unlock everything together but the crystals won't save for player 2. Me and my gf just finished it last night and she got everything but the crystal achievement so looks like another play through for us.

Big Bad Coll
06-17-2011, 08:27 PM
I can confirm that the 25 room crucible achievement unlocks for both players in split-screen. My friend and I have just completed Auborok's Quick 25 Room map and the achievements both unlocked at the end.