Kinect bar positioning

Just thought i'd share something i discovered today. I used to have my kinect below my tv, today i got a bracket to put the sensor on top of my tv (i have a 50" so it's quite a height difference). I've been trying to get the contender achievement for a week and the best i could do was round 16 always 2 punches away. Well today i got it second attempt, round 17 almost 18. Thought i'd try some other events and i've found they all play slightly differently. I only have contender and granny skills to get so didn't play other events in depth. No idea if this will help people but maybe if you're stuck on an achievement might be worth a try. Now if someone could do granny shot for me that would be great...... (and no, kneeling doesn't help, i have a false knee and no cartilage in either! Stupid legs!)

edit: hahaha, as i submitted this thread my daughter said she'll have a go on granny shot "as i'm a cripple" (gotta love 12 year olds, grrrr) and she completed it on her first attempt, she even did the first two objects trying to throw over arm.. i give up... where's my commodore 64............

Edited by Shambles11
update

• 6 months later...