PDA

View Full Version : Forge?

indoorblakininja
06-10-2011, 11:11 PM
What are 343i gonna do about forge? Are they gonna make their own forge world, or are they gonna degrade and go back to the old clunky forge

fax5jrj
06-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Bet ya'll ten bucks that they'll make forge kinect!

DarkReign2021
06-11-2011, 02:58 AM
Sadly, you're probably right. I bet it will probably have optional Kinect support.

I'm tired of Forge though. It needs a lot of enhancements to make it worthwhile (Weather randomization, terrain type modifier (snow, land, ice, etc...), adjustable terrain height, width, etc..., a water tool, etc... Far Cry has proven that map makers work on the Xbox 360, so why not just give us a map maker for Halo? Or at least make all of the maps heavily editable like Sandbox and Forgeworld.

cutchinz
06-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Sadly, you're probably right. I bet it will probably have optional Kinect support.

I'm tired of Forge though. It needs a lot of enhancements to make it worthwhile (Weather randomization, terrain type modifier (snow, land, ice, etc...), adjustable terrain height, width, etc..., a water tool, etc... Far Cry has proven that map makers work on the Xbox 360, so why not just give us a map maker for Halo? Or at least make all of the maps heavily editable like Sandbox and Forgeworld.
Some great ideas they could try to maybe make it more like map creators in real time strategy games such as stronghold where you are actually creating your own map instead of just landing on one and not having terrain editing power.

DBR
06-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I agreewith you guys that forge needs some obvious improvments such as weather control and terrain editor and what i think could be pretty nice would be that you make forge as a kind of co-op game mode my idea is this you start a first round with x amont of money and you start with placing walls and auto turrets wich all take a certain amount of money to place and after a certain amount of time it starts coming in waves of increasingly difficult foes and you get money to upgrade your fort after each based on your preformance and the efectivnes of your forts defences and when you are ready the next wave comes and this goes on until your fort is overtaken or you die. so basicly what im trying to explain is a first person strategy game i really hope this made sense because Im not especially good with explaining

DarkReign2021
06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
^ not a bad idea for an individual game on XBLA, but I personally don't want Forge turned into a Tower Defense game. I play enough of those on Starcraft with the Ladder Settings. I just want a tried-and-true map maker. Some of my best gaming experiences came from making maps on FarCry (my one disappointment with that MM was the inability to make tunnels. I always wanted to make tunnels underwater and have a kind of vietnam guerrilla warfare gametype.

DBR
06-22-2011, 09:31 AM
^ not a bad idea for an individual game on XBLA, but I personally don't want Forge turned into a Tower Defense game. I play enough of those on Starcraft with the Ladder Settings. I just want a tried-and-true map maker. Some of my best gaming experiences came from making maps on FarCry (my one disappointment with that MM was the inability to make tunnels. I always wanted to make tunnels underwater and have a kind of vietnam guerrilla warfare gametype.
I didnt really mean it like that what I probably should have said was that I wanted this as like a gametype on the side ans then have like an imoroved version of the old forge

RBmaster9345
06-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I wanna see some sweet new tools. Moving platforms, objects constraints (for those who know CAD), etc. Theres a lot of cool things that could be done still. Also, the return of Elephants please

LickableLemons7
08-24-2011, 10:56 PM
I wanna see some sweet new tools. Moving platforms, objects constraints (for those who know CAD), etc. Theres a lot of cool things that could be done still. Also, the return of Elephants please

Yes! God, I missed those elephants from Halo 3. Those forklifts in Reach can never compare. Except when doing that Nightfall glitch lol.

RBmaster9345
08-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes! God, I missed those elephants from Halo 3. Those forklifts in Reach can never compare. Except when doing that Nightfall glitch lol.

You know how many hillarious gametypes can be made if we could move and place Elephants? I feel cheated

HeavenSoldier
08-29-2011, 09:57 PM
I would love moving platforms. Or at least another timer option so an object can be brought back/taken off again at a set interval, instead of just once.