PDA

View Full Version : Just Beat Dungeon Siege 3

cballers2k11
06-11-2011, 01:08 AM
I just finished playing through the game as Katarina with my brother who played as Lucas. We played offline co-op together. Out total playtime at end of game was 8:26:59. So close to 9 hour campaign. We did not finish all the side quests though. Unfortunately there is no new game plus. After you beat the game you must start a whole new game so if you dont reach level 30 by the end of the game I dont think you can get the lvl 30 achievement. We finished the game at lvl 28. I really enjoyed the game but wish it was longer and more involved. Loot seemed scarce and we had more gold than we could spend cause there was hardly anything to buy. I did manage to get the play 3 hours in one session with a friend achievement offline playing with my brother.

osakamitsu
06-11-2011, 01:47 AM
I just got someone to join my party... How do I customize her weapons and armor?

EDIT:

Never mind I was hitting right on the d pad and I needed to hit select. lol

rc deaths agent
06-11-2011, 05:02 PM
8 1/2 hours huh? Darn thats pretty short. And to have no game plus either! This is not good....man i can't wait for LOTR WitN.

mosin360
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Could you load your last saved game and go back to earlier spots to level up?

KeepEmRolling
06-11-2011, 09:14 PM
While I view no new game+ as unfortunate, hopefully playing as all the different characters will be enjoyable. I'd also like to know how many quests you didn't do, or if there are places as you play through the story that you can grind to enable you to get the level 30 achievement?

osakamitsu
06-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Could you load your last saved game and go back to earlier spots to level up?

You can have multiple saves... up to 50 I think. I could be wrong though.

cballers2k11
06-11-2011, 09:56 PM
yes you can have up to 50 saves so technically you can have 50 different games going on. I missed about 10 side quests on accident. It was my first time through and I didnt know once you did some quests you couldnt go back. You have to be careful when doing the side quests not to advance the story too far. I was really bummed to be lvl 28 at the boss and two short of max level. Also i beat the game fast cause I read through the text fast. If you sit and read every word that is spoken in this game you could add another 3-4 hours. There is so much talking. On a speed run through casual difficulty only do main quest you could beat this game in around 4 hours i would say.

cballers2k11
06-11-2011, 10:00 PM
it looks like you can join someones game at the last boss and beat the boss and get achievement for beating the game. I had my brother join me late in the game and he got the achievement for putting on all rare gear items. I already had that character fully equiped. He just unequiped an item and put it back on and the achievement popped. So i guess to get all these achievements like leveling up to 20 on each character just join someones game who is level 19 and hit 20 with him. theres going to be alot of online boosting in this game.

KeepEmRolling
06-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Ok, thanks for all the information on that. It does sound like the structure of Fable 2 with the achievements which is pretty cool.

xIL E G IE N ID
06-12-2011, 04:52 PM
theres no way that the loot is scarce. i think your buddy was ninja ing all your loot. the loot literally doesnt stop. especially since you have to pick up look for you AND your followers or people in your party, your constantly in item management

cballers2k11
06-12-2011, 09:26 PM
True there is tons of loot but what i meant is i hardly was switching out gear. Picking up a thousand white items to sell to the vendor wasnt my idea of vast loot. Im currently playing through again on nightmare and i am six hours in and have maybe upgraded my weapon twice. You dont really get any decent epics till the game is almost over. then when you get them and beat the game its over. you cant carry anything over to the next game.

cballers2k11
06-12-2011, 09:32 PM
also you cant really ninja loot as i believe all the loot goes to the host character. you can only equip whats meant for your character. once you go to the shops there is about 8 items you can even buy that your character can equip.

xIL E G IE N ID
06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
yea for the most part thats true but you also have to pick up items for other members of your party so i felt that that kind of kept the loot fresh through most of the game. but for your main character its more so deciding how you want to play them and what to equiped to go along with your play style. just because its worth more doesnt mean its better. but yea white items are always garbage

cballers2k11
06-12-2011, 11:14 PM
i can confirm for getting achievements in the game like reaching level 20 all you have to do is join someones game who is level 19 and ding 20. you do not have to go 1-20. all achievements in the game you just have to join someones game who is at that point in the game. should be alot of boosting going on in this game.

theshaf98
08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
at the last save point in the game, just keep walking toward last boss and keep killing enemies. then go back to the save point and save and walk up further to kill more. then die. Then repeat this process to get the lvl 30 acheivement. This is what I did to get it.

StopCampinBish
08-05-2011, 10:32 PM
at the last save point in the game, just keep walking toward last boss and keep killing enemies. then go back to the save point and save and walk up further to kill more. then die. Then repeat this process to get the lvl 30 acheivement. This is what I did to get it.

U can also just grind on the final boss. Takes a little bit but can be done. I got level 30 on easy by using normal attacks to get focus from the boss then letting him spawn mobs and constantly killing them. It's faster if you do it after the Reborn God's arm breaks the mobs are worth more exp but be sure you have high dps since he just eats them all anyways. I did this with reinhart, I merely upgraded that circle of his that dps everyone inside, I would cast it, run around it and gain 400 exp then do it again. Nothing says you have to hit the final boss till your 30.

judge08
08-14-2011, 08:57 PM
if you play co op online does the person who joins a game not gain anything IE does what you do in the online game effect the solo game?

KeepEmRolling
08-14-2011, 10:11 PM
if you play co op online does the person who joins a game not gain anything IE does what you do in the online game effect the solo game?

The person joining a game gets nothing to take over to their single player game. This is really not a game to play with random people unless you're the host, or you just like to play the game. Also be aware that if you host a public game, they can level your characters as they see fit and also sell your inventory.

THE Mr Fill
08-17-2011, 07:04 AM
I found that grinding the outside part near the prison (before you go on the last bit towards Jeyne) was a good place to grind - just keep walking from one side to the other as the enemies re-spawn. Just leave this level when you're at level 29.

I ended up at level 30 during the final fight, still had more fighting to do, but it worked.

mickhelob
10-27-2011, 02:36 AM
did u like this game better than fable 2?
im interested to know because i beat fable 3 and im looking to see if fable 2 is any good