PDA

View Full Version : Netflix update?

davezpsp
06-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I had a 42MB Netflix update today, anyone else? If so, anyone know what for? I did a little google-ing but I couldn't find anything but maybe it was too soon.

H1gher Reflex
06-13-2011, 11:58 AM
I had the same thing. I assumed it was a dashboard update however.

SacredxJUICE
06-13-2011, 12:18 PM
I had no idea i was sleeping n i woke up and i was oh cool a new dash i was sadly mistakin

amark
06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
I had a 42MB Netflix update today, anyone else? If so, anyone know what for? I did a little google-ing but I couldn't find anything but maybe it was too soon.

Same here.

Elit3 m0nkey
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
The update is likely to fix bugs, otherwise there would have been an announcement if it was something bigger (such as adding a feature etc).

And it would not be a dashboard update, because we just got one a couple weeks ago.

H1gher Reflex
06-13-2011, 01:34 PM
A minor update that is 42 mb? I'm no expert on updates, but I notice that the highest update I've ever had game wise was about 7.

gamerguy69
06-13-2011, 04:33 PM
This always happens with various apps. on the 360. I believe it just installs the ENTIRE thing over again along with any real "updates". It doesn't take up more space but just overwrites what was already installed prior.

I notice this usually occurs after there is a dashboard update -- when you start certain apps. it will seemingly just reinstall them.

Just this weekend I had an "update" to Video Kinect of 52MB which I recall was something that I had already done last fall. It had been a few months since I last used it and there had been the dash update just weeks ago.

My system memory still shows the exact same amount of free space after the "update".

Elit3 m0nkey
06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
A minor update that is 42 mb? I'm no expert on updates, but I notice that the highest update I've ever had game wise was about 7.

Updates for the dashboard and apps such as Netflix work differently then updates for games.

Updates for games aren't actually installed onto the hard drive, they are put in a separate partion of the hard drive, but it has limited space, so when you reach that limit, it deletes the oldest update to make room for the new one.

Updates for the dashboard and apps install permanently to the hard drive, and will stay there unless there is a new update or you delete the app.

davezpsp
06-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the replies!