PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Zumba Fitness..Opinions?!

MRS THE NICK
06-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I've been looking at this for a while, but have't got round to buying it yet as i didn't know if it was worth it? I'd borrow it from work, but as soon as we get a pre-owned copy in, it goes straight out again!

I already go to a zumba class, but with working all my shifts im finding it hard to make the time to fit it in!

Is it worth me getting? Or not?

I already have dance central, and have used that once..Will i be the same if i do buy Zumba?

Opinions please :) Ta x

Hariibo Kid x
06-13-2011, 02:19 PM
well it depends rly, say if i went to one of those classes and i got told, you need to work on this or somthing like tht i would buy it to practise what im not good at but its your choice rly

JeJans
06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Dance central is way better than zumba! it doesīnt register you as well and itīs just worse. there are a demo for zumba to download i think.

MRS THE NICK
06-13-2011, 03:12 PM
I've got DC already, and i've played it twice i think..

I thought Zumba might be a better all round game though?

[Waggly Bean]
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
. there are a demo for zumba to download i think.

This.

There is definitely a demo for Zumba on the marketplace. Try it and you'll see if you like it for yourself! :)

MRS THE NICK
06-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks Waggly, i'll have a look at that later :)

I've had a look at the Zumba Fitness Roadmap (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=302022) and it seems there is 130g worth of online gameplay, which might be a struggle as i don't really know anyone who already has it, and im not much of an online player, so maybe not the best for completion..Then again, i've only got 7 completed games on my tag i think!

Might have a mooch through some reviews

Mythtakes
06-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I rented Zumba, me and my girlfriend thought it was far too difficult, there is no learning curve at all, we found the menus to be frustrating and the game tended to not recognise some of your moves (that may have been due to how bad we were at it though). All in all, I'd stick to Dance Central for a 'dancing' game.

MartiniKiss
06-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Actual Zumba itself is difficult even if you do have experience in dance...dance central if you want a fun dance game, zumba if you want a challenging workout dance game!

michaela
07-07-2011, 10:20 AM
I love the Zumba Fitness game, it is (obviously) a bit different from the real thing but still great, and a good workout. If you like real Zumba and dancing in general I would get it, I did :D

SinersteR
07-20-2011, 12:05 AM
The game is really nice me and my wife love it. Its a workout the 20 minute one kills me havent tried for achievements yet as most of them are online lobbys.

Zorrodog
07-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't know if the game's been patched, but when I played it once it was new it was really REALLY bad.

The game didn't recognize me from time to time, I had to jump from side to side for it to even see me, and when I played the 45 minutes session the camera would loose me after 30 minutes and I had to start all over again.

I really can't reccomend this "game" to anyone, and even when the camera sees you the gameplay doesn't feel more interactive than a workout-VHS with Jane Fonda...

Kid Kime
07-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I bought this game with the Kinect (i bought the Kinect for me, the game for the wife!). It was the first Kinect game I played, and I was really disappointed.

It really doesnt track you well and its not really fun.

Having said that, the wife does zumba and she really likes it. She says a lot of the dances are the same as the ones she does in the classes, so she gets on well with it.

The menu and general usage of the game is poor. Having to scroll to pick songs etc is just a nightmare. It also kicks you out really easily and then registers you at a guest (playing it last night, I think I got up to 'Guest 8'!!)

Ive got DC as well and I really enjoy playing that. Its really good at 'holding your hand' in a way that zumba doesnt. Ithink if you learn the dances, it will be much more rewarding.

The achievements arent easy - a fair few that are play online with x number of people. The others are pretty much just do really well in classes and do the workout routines.

Its MUCH more knackering than DC (meaning a better workout?!), but I feel its more of a chore, and prefer to play DC.

Maybe its just me being really bad at it that puts me off?!

CuddlyREDRUM
07-31-2011, 12:36 AM
I played the demo, it was extremely ghetto. If you are really into Zumba, whatever that is, and have a Kinect I imagine you would like it.

Ryot Control
07-31-2011, 03:03 AM
Quite honestly, if you're actually going to a real Zumba fitness class, the game will pale in comparison. Snag the game used to try it out. I played both Dance Central and Zumba fitness, and if I had to give you my honest feelings about Zumba, I would suggest to just wait until some holiday sale before picking it up. I'm willing to bet it will hit 20 dollars around November or December. You might be disappointed with the quality of Zumba Fitness if you haven't seen it in action compared to DC.

I wrote the roadmap for Zumba Fitness by the way.

PoisonCandyGirl
08-19-2011, 10:06 PM
How is the zumba fitness thing. is it fun?:]

drewsie87
08-25-2011, 10:44 AM
thinking about buying this for the pregnant g/f after shes gave birth as shes on about loosing the baby pounds does anybody think its worth it?

Ryot Control
08-25-2011, 05:12 PM
How is the zumba fitness thing. is it fun?:]

There are kinect dancing/exercise games more fun than this one.

thinking about buying this for the pregnant g/f after shes gave birth as shes on about loosing the baby pounds does anybody think its worth it?

You know, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved actually has a work regime built specifically for that.