PDA

View Full Version : article i read

fastman309
06-13-2011, 03:56 PM
wpcentral.com had a great article on broken/glitched achievements on the WP7, and they mentioned sunburst:

Problem Achievement: Slumber Party - Score a kill at 10 Friend's bases.
Here’s a rarity: an Achievement that initially worked (I have it) but became broken following a title update. Slumber Party is tied to Project Sunburst’s rudimentary multiplayer substitute in which players visit a friend’s base. March’s version 1.2 update (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/crackdown-project-sunburst-version-1-2-changelog) broke the ability to visit other people’s bases, thus preventing further players from earning the Achievement.
Solution status: We reached out to the game’s developer at Microsoft Game Studios but did not receive a response. Considering how buggy the game is even after several patches, the prognosis of Slumber Party returning to life is not good.

full article:
http://www.wpcentral.com/broken-xbox-live-achievements-windows-phone

sadlyshesaid
06-18-2011, 06:16 PM
*grumble*

whatever happened to playtesting?

litepink
06-19-2011, 02:58 AM
*grumble*

whatever happened to playtesting?

a lot of blame in the case of Windows Phone 7 games lies in the hands of Microsoft themselves. the way games are developed apparently makes it impossible to test in a quote "live environment" (I don't understand why, but whatever). So, these games are released and the developers make a quick patch, and send it to Microsoft for certification. Sometimes they sit on these patches for months! So developers screw up, yes, but when they try to fix the roadblocks and red tape prevent them from turning a wrong into right (in a timely fashion)

sadlyshesaid
07-03-2011, 08:49 PM
which is ridiculous. especially with microsoft.
why is it so hard to approve of a patch?
the same thing with "I Dig It"
they stated they've been resubmitting a patch for the past couple months and it keeps getting denied.

*im not saying im well-read on the topic by any means. i just go by what i see on the forums.*

my point is, i, like many people, am extremely frustrated.
if they are going to make this windows phone and promote it as being so awesome... and then fail to actually help developers fix the games they cant properly test... WTF
i dont understand the "red tape"
how is a privately developed game like "occupied" allowed to have patches every month.... the patch they submitted was apparently approved.
how can a free privately made, comic app have an update?
Yet a game that carries the Microsoft Game Studios name under its description... THAT cant be fixed? THAT cant be approved?:mad: