PDA

View Full Version : What is the best character to start with?

Madfrog0
06-14-2011, 02:46 AM
using the warrior, but whats the easiest to complete the game?

Andreas_loel
06-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Casual difficulty and the class that suits you best, its not about what char is the best its what you are the best at. So take the chars for a spin and find the one that suits you

Madfrog0
06-14-2011, 05:41 PM
thanks, im trying the warrior but i may switch up

J4ckyb0y1
06-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Duno about 'best', but I would stay away from the Reinhart as your first to play. Thats my advise after looking at his abilities and talents.

Sir Mourinho
06-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Duno about 'best', but I would stay away from the Reinhart as your first to play. Thats my advise after looking at his abilities and talents.

very very correct. reinhart sucks as your first character. and quite honestly after using him on both normal and hardcore, he isnt the best character to use. and much as he is meant to be the mage type of this game, he fails at it. but thats probably because anjali overshadows him in every category even spells and crown control yet she isnt even a mage type.

lucas and anjali are epic. lucas is very good at destroying enemies in close combat and with anjali she is awesome at range.

if playing as lucas always stick with anjali. and as anjali stick with lucas.

katarina is an all round character. she is good at range and at close range. but only if you have good guns and good armor.

lucas regardless of his weapons has abilities that can mow down lots of enemies and has defensive abilities that are suited for both beginners and those wanting to beat hardcore.

so first character to use would either be lucas or anjali.

Bahumaut
06-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Katarina is especially good for boss fights as she can easily evade and use heartseeking shot without much risk to herself. I've completed hardcore with Lucas and he is fine when paired with a ranged AI (Reinhart or Katarina) you just have to kite enemies more often in hardcore, drawing them out and killing a few then running away, forcing them to return to their original position.

Lucas
Most effective against: Single or double enemies (1H stance), small groups (2H stance)
Most useful skills: (1H) Charge, (1H) Jump Slash, Heal (essential for Lucas)
Lucas in casual and normal can become a tank (no chance in hardcore as armour is like tinfoil) and is a safe bet. The lack of ranged attacks can come back to haunt you against some bosses though)

Anjali

Most effective agains: Mobs and individual enemies
Most useful skills: Spinning kick (with stun), Summon Jackal, Heal
Her advantage is that a lot of her abilities can be modified to stun so she is helpful in hardcore and highly effective in casual and normal. Just keep her away from the large enemies as they can take most of her life in 1 hit.

Reinhart
Most effective against: Mobs (ranged stance), single enemies (melee stance)
Most useful skills: Electrocute, Lighting Bolt, Heal
Probably the worst character to play as on hardcore and not really offensive till late game, electrocute can save your butt if hes your AI char on hardcore as it stuns enemies.

Katarina:
Most effective against: Large single enemies and bosses
Most useful skills: Heartseeking shot, Chosen Prey, Heal
Good character to start with, she can become suprisingly durable for a ranged character. Equip items with doom to make her damage ridiculous.

Headless Snip3r
06-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Katarina is who I think is the easiest. Grab up Lucas as your sidekick as soon as you can, and life is easy. Even on hardcore neither one of us get knocked out very often at all. Just make sure with her you focus on Agility for ranged damage and Stamina for HP. Good luck.

Phantom-Phive
06-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Reinhart is the character I chose to do my first playthrough with, and its been a breeze. From what I'm hearing if he's the worst character then this game shouldn't be difficult to me at all with the rest of the Legion.

Kugsen
06-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Katarina is a good solo character, if you have a lot if will on your gear she can decimate most enemies from super long range.