Really bad bet or is it doable?

Warbler Chris

Hi everyone,

I made a bet with my freind I'm now thinking it was really stupid as i ddint listen to him properyly, anyway basically I beet him I could reach 50,000 gamerscore in 6 months it took him 7 months and I just think I can beat him. See here for more details.

What I didnt realise was that I also had to get 30,000 true acheivement points which i thought were normal acheivements is this even doable now in 6 months?

Thanks

6 months is plenty of time to hit 50k - that works out to be almost 8500 a month which isn't too bad. As Minty said, you could knock it out in 2 months or even less if you've got the time and dedication.

Also, a quick note about true achievement points:

I don't know if your friend was trying to scare you with the TrueAchievement points or perhaps he doesn't understand the concept, but they are no additional work - those 30k will come before you even hit 30k in gamerscore, which is well before your overall goal of 50k.

In case you didn't know, what he's talking about is a system designed by TrueAchievements.com that tries to determine an achievements true value based on how rare it is. The equation is:

TAS (True Achievement Score) = GS * (# of people with game/# of people with achievement)

which means that the lowest TAS value for an achievement is equal to its GS (this means everyone who has the game has this achievement). Since very few achievements have a True Achievement ratio of 1, like I said above you'll reach this goal probably before you're halfway to your final goal.

Edited by dakisbac

good luck mate. it should be easy for ya if you even half decent gamer. and what with the resources of this sight, i'd say you'll have it done way before. let me know if i can help.

also, what was the bet for, your prize when you beat him?

Its £30 for every thousand above or below 50,000 so for every thousand above he gives me 50,000 above and I give him £30 for every 1,000 below!!

Hi everyone,

I made a bet with my freind I'm now thinking it was really stupid as i ddint listen to him properyly, anyway basically I beet him I could reach 50,000 gamerscore in 6 months it took him 7 months and I just think I can beat him. See here for more details.

What I didnt realise was that I also had to get 30,000 true acheivement points which i thought were normal acheivements is this even doable now in 6 months?

Thanks

for sure its possibly, especially if you have motivation. just get gamefly, and browse the forums around here to find easy 1ks lol.

Yeh i got me a lovefilm subscription lol

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=286407

Just from that list alone i would suggest

TMNT

CSI: Deadly Intent, Fatal Conspiracy, Hard Evidence

Jumper: Griffins Story

Lost: Via Domus

King Kong

Fallout 3 GOTY edition (IF you have a pc that can run it. 90% of the achievements can be gained through console codes)

Pretty much ANY of the Disney games or Lego games generally have very easy achievements

a little more of a challenge but still very doable would be

Velvet Assassin (took me about 6 hours using video guides. God mode and level skip cheats can be used through a USB Keyboard plugged into the 360, doesnt effect achievements)

Darksiders (Very fun game, Easy achievements guides are available)

Bayonetta (Hard game to get very good at, but once you do its very easy to get the full 1000G on)

Dante's Inferno (difficulty doesnt matter on this game, so using a guide you can run through it on the easiest one and just pick up achievements)

Those are the 1000G games that are quite easy...

If you jsut want a majority of the G's and dont mind about the full 1000...

Borderlands (easy achievements, its whether you want to stick around to get the full 1000G. Its a very good game though)

Fallout New Vegas

Resident Evil 5

Portal 2

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead 2

Tenchu Z (easy but requires you to beat it on every difficulty)

X-Blades

Just Cause 2

And there is also a crap load of others, + a tonne of arcade games that are super easy for achievements.

50k in 6 months is easy. If you just go through all the easy games and just start getting all the easy / doable achievements through other games you should be able to get a couple hundred out of your friend :p

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=286407

Just from that list alone i would suggest

TMNT

CSI: Deadly Intent, Fatal Conspiracy, Hard Evidence

Jumper: Griffins Story

Lost: Via Domus

King Kong

Fallout 3 GOTY edition (IF you have a pc that can run it. 90% of the achievements can be gained through console codes)

Pretty much ANY of the Disney games or Lego games generally have very easy achievements

a little more of a challenge but still very doable would be

Velvet Assassin (took me about 6 hours using video guides. God mode and level skip cheats can be used through a USB Keyboard plugged into the 360, doesnt effect achievements)

Darksiders (Very fun game, Easy achievements guides are available)

Bayonetta (Hard game to get very good at, but once you do its very easy to get the full 1000G on)

Dante's Inferno (difficulty doesnt matter on this game, so using a guide you can run through it on the easiest one and just pick up achievements)

Those are the 1000G games that are quite easy...

If you jsut want a majority of the G's and dont mind about the full 1000...

Borderlands (easy achievements, its whether you want to stick around to get the full 1000G. Its a very good game though)

Fallout New Vegas

Resident Evil 5

Portal 2

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead 2

Tenchu Z (easy but requires you to beat it on every difficulty)

X-Blades

Just Cause 2

And there is also a crap load of others, + a tonne of arcade games that are super easy for achievements.

50k in 6 months is easy. If you just go through all the easy games and just start getting all the easy / doable achievements through other games you should be able to get a couple hundred out of your friend :p

Great help thanks!!

I have 4 games ready to go terminator, lost, superman returns (can't wait for that) and darksiders!!

Added Avatar and a few others from above to my list!

It's entirely doable, if not easily surpassed in 2 months. A few things to keep in mind is what games to tackle. There are a few sure bets for some easy 1000's. These would include the 4 or 5 2006 sports games, Avatar TLA: TBE, and experience has shown Kung Fu Panda is also en easy 1000. There are many others, just check around the site.

Bayonetta an easy 1kgs? LOL, as if Might as well say DMC4 is easy as well.

Bayonetta IS an easy 1000G's.

Once you do your first playthrough and get the accessories to make every hit a critical (this will you stop getting a grade on any chapter, but it still counts as if you beat it), and the one that instantly activations witch time whenever you dodge, you can dominate EVERY difficulty easily. The only hard part about infinite climax difficulty is that there is no witch time (unless you have that accessory).

Then just use the Lightning and Fire Durgas on hands and feet, and its simple.

It took me a few days to 1000G it, and of that, it only took a few hours for me to complete infinite climax difficulty.

Its hard to master, but easy once you get the hang of it.