PDA

View Full Version : X-Box Live

MariaXPunk
06-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Ok let's say my membership for live ran up and I took out my ethernet cord could I still log into my name?

Burnout x360a
06-14-2011, 05:25 PM
You mean under your gamertag?

Shinobi273
06-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Not sure what you're trying to do.

Method
06-14-2011, 05:38 PM
If you're asking if you will still be able to use your gamertag after your LIVE subscription runs out the answer is yes.

StillTIPPIN187
06-14-2011, 08:25 PM
You dont even need to pull out your ethernet.. just connect to Xbox LIVE like normal.. The only thing you wont be able to play MP with anyone.. You can still private chat and message ppl and earn achievements all while connected to Xbox LIVE.

tehapoc
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
If your Xbox Live Gold Subscription ran out then you would currently be a Silver member. Still able to connect to Xbox Live, but wouldn't be able to have several of the perks of being a Gold member.

Here's a list of what you're able to obtain on different types of accounts (left to right; silver, gold, family): http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/joinlive

gamerguy69
06-14-2011, 09:46 PM
You dont even need to pull out your ethernet.. just connect to Xbox LIVE like normal.. The only thing you wont be able to play MP with anyone.. You can still private chat and message ppl and earn achievements all while connected to Xbox LIVE.

Before you are allowed to log-in, they are going to present you with a prompt to *Gold renewal or *Revert to Silver.

Revert to Silver, you can still connect to the XBL service. You just won't have the Gold features.

Your account would also need to have NO kind of credit card attached to it, which would most likely have an auto-renewal setting. In that case, they would attempt (even if unsuccessful) to charge the payment. Gold subscription would be kept running but would eventually have the account locked/suspended pending payment.

MariaXPunk
06-14-2011, 11:59 PM
ok say I had to unhook the enternet cable because I was waiting for a new internet service then could I still sign on??

Spanish Assault
06-15-2011, 12:25 AM
ok say I had to unhook the enternet cable because I was waiting for a new internet service then could I still sign on??
well you would be able to sign into your GT, but obviously you wont be able to do any of the limited silver features (private chat, etc.)

Giptuc
06-15-2011, 01:30 AM

Unplugging your ethernet cable will just sign you out of Xbox Live. You can still play games, earn achievements and such, however you cannot access any of the marketplaces, friends lists or download updates.

Also, if you go from one xbox and connect to xbox live on another xbox, you will lose any achievements you gained on your offline xbox because your account cannot sync with xbox live until you connect again.

g0dz5
06-15-2011, 02:53 AM

Unplug the ethernet cable or not you will still be able to play games but not multi-player online since obviously since you will only have a silver package which allows you to be online but not play online games.

Enjoy playing :)

gamerguy69
06-15-2011, 02:55 AM

It will automatically sign you in when it detects an internet connection. No need to pull the ethernet plug at all. Just leave it. Play games -- single player, of course. Earn achievements. All will be updated when your console can sign back in.

crracer 912
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
I believe I lost my wired network connection on my xbox from a storm, waiting on a wifi adapter to hopefully get back online. It shows me as logged in, but not to xbox live, keeps my game score updated on my xbox. I'm guessing this will transfer online when I get my xbox back online.

Spanish Assault
06-15-2011, 11:18 PM
I believe I lost my wired network connection on my xbox from a storm, waiting on a wifi adapter to hopefully get back online. It shows me as logged in, but not to xbox live, keeps my game score updated on my xbox. I'm guessing this will transfer online when I get my xbox back online.
you are guessing correct. It will show your achievements earned offline.