PDA

View Full Version : No Arcade games for 3 straight weeks!

Lord J Rod
06-15-2011, 02:18 AM
:( What a travesty! I've been a 360 owner since it's come out and been a Gold member since 2/06 and there has been 1 or 2 arcade games come out every week(maybe missing 1 here or there) since then. Now 3 stragiht weeks and no new releases! Am I the only one who finds this outrageous? I love XBLA and have purchased over 100 games and to see this has me very dissapointed in Xbox Live. Not to mention 3 straight weeks of BS deal of the weeks. Rock band , dance central and call of duty dlc that everybody either already has or doesnt give a crap about. Is this what I'm paying Microsoft for? For shame. :(

EmporerDragon
06-15-2011, 02:48 AM
Am I the only one who finds this outrageous?

Yes, as a lull in releases does not mean the end of the world, just time to work on other games.

TemporalWizard
06-15-2011, 02:51 AM
There are two new releases this week.

http://majornelson.com/2011/06/13/coming-this-week-on-xbox-live-arcade/

Wildmn34
06-15-2011, 03:23 AM
:( What a travesty! I've been a 360 owner since it's come out and been a Gold member since 2/06 and there has been 1 or 2 arcade games come out every week(maybe missing 1 here or there) since then. Now 3 stragiht weeks and no new releases! Am I the only one who finds this outrageous? I love XBLA and have purchased over 100 games and to see this has me very dissapointed in Xbox Live. Not to mention 3 straight weeks of BS deal of the weeks. Rock band , dance central and call of duty dlc that everybody either already has or doesnt give a crap about. Is this what I'm paying Microsoft for? For shame. :(

Ah, I could be wrong but you're not paying Microsoft to offer you deals on games/ad-ons that you want. You"re paying them so you can use a variety of features on their service. The sales and discounts are by no means mandatory nor do they have to meet your standards.

I have no need for the things they've offered the last three weeks either but those that do may very well have had a three week (or more) stretch where they didn't like what was offered either.

Everyone is so entitled to things now-a-days In the end, it's video games and there is really no sense in getting all the world is ending because I can't get what I want.

And, an FYI there were a couple arcade games released today.

Giptuc
06-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Ah, I could be wrong but you're not paying Microsoft to offer you deals on games/ad-ons that you want. You"re paying them so you can use a variety of features on their service. The sales and discounts are by no means mandatory nor do they have to meet your standards.

This. The Deals of the Week are just a nice thing they do for people that cant afford to go out and buy 1500MSP whenever they want, and its not up to Microsoft to go ahead and release a new arcade game every week. If there are no new developers making new games all the time, new games wont come out every week. Its the same as a retail game, just online.

Stop bitching about something so trivial..

emul8ter25
06-15-2011, 11:09 AM
It seems the deals have been pretty weak since that massive sale they had not too long ago.

Im also annoyed at the crummy deals of the weak, but i guess it gives me time to catch up on all the games i did buy during the sale.

HuMuRoUs
06-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah em... they are Arcade Games... not the end of the world. You don't pay Microsoft for Arcade deals either. They don't have to do them stop being a whiney bitch seriously. Maybe you should realise the 360 is for GAMES and arcade games are a side product if your not happy with them go see what deals sony will give you :)

TheRedComet
06-15-2011, 04:56 PM
This. The Deals of the Week are just a nice thing they do for people that cant afford to go out and buy 1500MSP whenever they want, and its not up to Microsoft to go ahead and release a new arcade game every week. If there are no new developers making new games all the time, new games wont come out every week. Its the same as a retail game, just online.

Stop bitching about something so trivial..

Yeah em... they are Arcade Games... not the end of the world. You don't pay Microsoft for Arcade deals either. They don't have to do them stop being a whiney bitch seriously. Maybe you should realise the 360 is for GAMES and arcade games are a side product if your not happy with them go see what deals sony will give you :)

Chill the F' out, geez. Dude just wants to vent (about something kinda dumb I admit) but it's no reason to go totally ape shit. Calm down.

MangledRex
06-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I thought it was only one week without an xbla release and that was e3 week and they released the kinect labs games instead?

Giptuc
06-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Chill the F' out, geez. Dude just wants to vent (about something kinda dumb I admit) but it's no reason to go totally ape shit. Calm down.

you call that ape shit? Wow lmao

TheRedComet
06-16-2011, 03:28 AM
you call that ape shit? Wow lmao

Not in the most literal sense, but it was still harsh and uncalled for. No reason to be a dick.

thereefernander
06-16-2011, 03:58 AM
I am only upset there isn't any good games going on sale for me to spend my msp on.

gamerguy69
06-16-2011, 03:35 PM
OP's main "complaint" wasn't about there being any good deals but mainly that there went a couple of weeks with no NEW XBLA releases.

Microsoft's favorite type of customer, he's probably paid FULL price for the majority of his library. :)

deltime
06-16-2011, 10:51 PM
i just hope they relese super meat boy on xbla

Ivan Mendez
06-16-2011, 11:09 PM

... its been out, 2010

VladimirK
06-16-2011, 11:10 PM

Your wish is granted... [click] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Super-Meat-Boy/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a5a?cid=search)

As for the OP, a couple of good games just came out this week.
Adventures of Shuggy and Magic 2012, both only 800 MSP.

Although the DotWs are starting to piss me off a little, tbh.
Been shit for weeks.

i m redshark
06-17-2011, 03:57 AM
Microsoft's favorite type of customer, he's probably paid FULL price for the majority of his library. :)

This was all that needed to be said, made my day:goodpost