PDA

View Full Version : Info on the Game

Method
06-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Thought I'd start a thread where people can post info and videos on the game. Below is the E3 debut trailer.

YouTube - ‪R.A.W.: Realms of Ancient War - E3 2011 Debut Trailer‬‏
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieqZf-QfiXM)

13ip0lar
06-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Thought I'd start a thread where people can post info and videos on the game. Below is the E3 debut trailer.

YouTube - ‪R.A.W.: Realms of Ancient War - E3 2011 Debut Trailer‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieqZf-QfiXM)

Think this is what I had already seen elsewhere, but tbh I need more info before I start bashing this game. Atm from what I've seen it looks like an "O.K." A-Rpg, but I'm looking for something above average. By that I don't mean an "A+" game, I'd settle for a "B".

Daggerdale was a bit of a letdown, actually a lot. It was alright, but that's being kind. Crimson Alliance looks like it could be that above average A-RPG I'm looking for, but the dev's said it won't be random, everything has been designed by a person. So does that mean loot too? I mean seems like it could be a very short game, in terms of gameplay and fun. I think the only one that everyone is waiting for with baited breath is Torchlight II.

Hopefully this game will be more impressive as time goes on. Would anyone happen to know the estimated release date? I was browsing through release dates a few weeks ago, and can't really recall, but I thought I seen this slated for release sometime in 2012?

ChipmunksRus
06-26-2011, 03:55 PM
This looks sorta fun. Lots of enemies to kill at least.

Andreas_loel
07-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Looks so much more interesting then Crimson Alliance

Sad its been said that its out 2012, waiting months for arcade games sucks. Still waiting for SEGA to get their thumbs out and release ToeJam&Earl

Andreas_loel
04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Bump this, new class vid came out like a week ago and they also got their website up. It still lives hoping for a 400gs release

KillerBEA
06-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I went rummaging on their forum to find out more. These are rough translations and paraphrases from french using google chrome

*No new game+

*Several difficulty settings

*First playthrough should run about 8 hours

*No rare monsters

*Between 5-10 bosses

*Unique talent trees for each of the 3 classes

My thoughts so far: The length sounds good for an arcade game but no new game plus is slightly saddening. Looks like fun though

Skill tree stuff:
Witch/Mage:

We are pleased to unveil the skill tree of the Witch, and you itemize some! The Sorcerer mastering the elements and can unleash lightning, torrents of flame, tornadoes and waves of pure energy on his enemies. .. as its mana permits. The talent of the Sorcerer is expressed at a distance, while he wipes out entire armies with devastating spells, causing damage incomparable to anything that might try the Warrior or Ranger. But this power has a counterpart: the Wizard is very fragile, and it will not last long if the enemy comes in contact. Discover in detail below the first skills accessible to Witch! Not having the French translation of skills I prefer you leave them well rather than doing a translation error Fireball (Attack) Level 1 - This technology allows you to cast a fireball at a distant enemy, doing limited fire damages. Level 2 - Your regular fireballs deal fire damage and Several Cdn ignite enemy. Level 3 - Your mastery over fire now allows you to cast a fireball doing Stronger enganced fire damage. Meteor (Focus Attack) Have a Fire Master, You Can now cast a devastating meteor Able to go-through Several enemy and doing critical fire damage. Shockwave (Attack) Level 1 - You Can Focus your mana Into a shockwave inflicting moderate damage was small area facing you. Level 2 - Your shockwave now inflicts regular damage were larger area facing you. Level 3 - You Can Major release a shockwave Greater inflicting damage in a larger area. Energy Shield (Buff) Level 1 - Creates a minor energy shield Absorbing a slight proportion of the incoming damage and converting it Into mana. Level 2-Creates a more efficient energy shield around you Absorbing more damage and more mana Restoring. Toxic Cloud (Attack) Level 1 - Creates a toxic cloud around you, poisoning Any foe at close range with a small luck rooting of 'em. Level 2 - Creates a larger cloud with poison and a Stronger Increases the rooting of 'em luck. Level 3 - Creates a broad cloud Greater dealing poison damage with a great opportunity of rooting your foes. Mana Preservation (Misc) Level 1 - Your hard training allows you to use your mana in a more efficient way so all skills cost less mana Than Usual. Level 2 - You make better use of your mana, all skill Reducing cost in a way significiant. Level 3 - Your Complete control over your mana allows you to Even further Top Reduce the mana cost of the skills you use . Restore Mana (Buff) Level 1 - You are Able to recover a small Amount of mana Instantly Level 2 - Returns a larger Amount of mana and mana regen ratio Increases your Level 3 - Fills you with a Greater Amount of mana and mana Increases your regen ratio Fast Healing (Heal) Level 1 - You know the basics of Healing Instantly heal yourself and Cdn for a moderate Amount of hit points. Level 2 - Your hard training Has Made your healing more efficient, allowing you to recover more hit points. Level 3 - Ace year Experienced healer, you Are Able to recover a larger Amount of hit points. Freki

http://raw-thegame.com/files/wizard_01.jpg

================================================== ==================

Warrior:

We are pleased to unveil the skill tree of the Warrior, and you itemize some! Expert of the fight in melee, the Warrior feasts when he dives into the pack for it to spin its blades. He handles his two arms with power and speed, and has many devastating attacks allowing him to defeat his enemies to ten. Its capabilities are increased tenfold when his life is in danger, as it enters a bloody rage synonymous with more violence and damage! Discover in detail below the first Warrior skills available! Not having the translation skills in French, I prefer to leave them well rather than doing a mistranslation Dual wielding: Attack Level 1 - You know the basic technology of dual wielding and inflict moderate damage Cdn was single opponent. Level 2 - You Can Use Their weapons at your full potential to inflict damage to regular Several enemies. Level 3 - You Can Use your regular weapons Beyond Their Potential, Even More inflicting damage to your foes. Charge: Focus Attack This devastating attack gashes all enemies standing in a large area in front of you. Powerful Blow: Attack Level 1 - This technology allows you to smash the floor with your weapons to create a radial area of moderate damage around you. Level 2 - Increases the impact of your regular blow and inflicts damage to-any weapon foe standing at close range. Level 3 - Your training allows you to Increase Both the Range and grooming of your Powerful blow. Burning Blow: Focus Attack This ancient art Creates a burning wave of pain over a wide area around you, dealing fire damage Greater to anyone. Berserker: Passive Buff, activates When HP <50% Level 1 - This buff reduces the incoming damage and boosts your attacks When You are under 50% life. Level 2 - Prevents more blows and Increases your speed to let you deal Even more damages. Level 3 - Prevents a Greater proportion of the incoming blows while Increasing your damage and regeneration rates. Mana Preservation: Misc Level 1 - Your hard training allows you to use your mana in a more efficient way so all skills cost less mana Than usual. Level 2 - You make better use of your mana, all skill Reducing cost in a way significiant. Level 3 - Your Complete control over your mana allows you to Even further Top Reduce the mana cost of the skills you use. Surviving: Misc Level 1 - Improves all of your resistances and lets you gain a small bonus XP Killed With Each foe. Level 2 - Increases your natural resistances Even More XP and adds a little bonus on EACH kill. Level 3 - Greatly boosts your natural resistances and grants you Some extra XP With Every kill. Fast Healing: Heal Level 1 - You know the basics of Healing Instantly heal yourself and Cdn for a moderate Amount of hit points. Level 2 - Your hard training Has Made your healing more efficient, allowing you to recover more hit points. Level 3 - Ace year Experienced healer, you Are Able to recover a larger Amount of hit points. Freki.

http://raw-thegame.com/files/guerrier_01.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++
Rogue Video. No skill tree picture or details though.
REALMS OF ANCIENT WAR: THE ROGUE - YouTube

kinjoking
08-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Looks so much more interesting then Crimson Alliance

Sad its been said that its out 2012, waiting months for arcade games sucks. Still waiting for SEGA to get their thumbs out and release ToeJam&Earl
have been waiting for a TJ&E megadrive port for agesssss!
now that you mention it, where the hells Jungle strike, cannon fodder and risky woods! id even settle for a Dizzy Panic trilogy on XBL

Andreas_loel
08-24-2012, 12:47 PM
have been waiting for a TJ&E megadrive port for agesssss!
now that you mention it, where the hells Jungle strike, cannon fodder and risky woods! id even settle for a Dizzy Panic trilogy on XBL

Sega got their thumbs out :)

KillerBEA
09-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Incarnation sounds pretty cool tbh

In R.A.W., you are constantly outnumbered... tough call, it's not a few dozens of daemons that will make you flinch. But sometimes, even the most fearsome warrior, or the most powerful sorcerer will be overwhelmed. The fusion of the King of the North's mind with yours granted you an incredibly useful power: the gift of incarnation.

During battle, some of your most fearsome enemies, once weakened, will leave a rift to their mind wide open... take this opportunity to take control of them! Ents, 12-foot tall daemons, Trolls, and other enormous creatures, these dangerous monsters will become avatars for your mind. Once you take control of them, you'll be free to seed destruction and death among the enemies' ranks, making it easier to annihilate your enemies once your mind returns to your body!

Tobi
09-11-2012, 06:44 PM
The release date is September 19, 2012, according to the facebook page.

Shiftie
09-14-2012, 07:54 PM
This looks like it will be a fun game to pass the time with. Daggerdale was a fun game to pass the time with, even though it sucked, but this game definitely looks better.

M1 Punk
09-15-2012, 06:38 AM
So, 800 or 1200 MP?

Tobi
09-17-2012, 03:23 PM
So, 800 or 1200 MP?

1200, according to today's news.

nvscgs
09-19-2012, 10:16 PM
The game is good but has some issues. I keep getting disconnected from XBL when the game starts and have not been able to save the game yet. Hopefully they have a patch soon.

catbhoy
09-20-2012, 10:17 AM
The game is good but has some issues. I keep getting disconnected from XBL when the game starts and have not been able to save the game yet. Hopefully they have a patch soon.

makes a mockery of the MS certification process, I didn't purchase it because of the disconnected from live issues.

kinjoking
09-25-2012, 06:40 PM
it autosaves after completing a stage. no manual saving option. isnt really an issue due to short stages.
i havnt had any issues with disconnection so all in all, im a happy camper with the purchase.