PDA

View Full Version : Release time

xthegodfather0x
06-15-2011, 07:21 AM
When is this getting released? A friend and I were waiting for 3 to roll around. We figured 12 on the west coast would be the release time. Still nothing. Any incite is appreciated.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 07:54 AM
EDIT:
It is now currently 2:17 am, west coast, and it is up on Xbox.com. It will soon be on the dash.

namepending
06-15-2011, 07:55 AM
I was actually waiting for it to release as well, hopefully won't be any later than 3 on the west coast

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah, that would be great. 3 am is fine by me. Also, i bet you guys already knew this, but if you look on xbox.com, itll have the game available to buy before the dashboard puts it up there. So ill periodically check xbox.com every 15 or so minutes until its live, and then ill post the link here.

I cant wait to try out archenemy

namepending
06-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Yeah, i have xbox.com up just the same...playing the waiting game...

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Amen brother. I hope it comes soon.
On a side note about the game, and you might call me crazy for saying this, but im kinda sad they didnt put in another 100% achievement :/
Even though it was pretty much like.. 700-800 games i had to play including dlc, it was tons of fun. Regardless though, this game will be amazing.

namepending
06-15-2011, 08:14 AM
I will say the ONLY thing i couldn't accomplish in the first, well i didn't try too hard, but i could not for the life of me complete the co-op campaign against Liliana and Sorin Markov, it was just caus split screen i didn't want to unlock another full deck for another profile... But i was expecting another 100% one, i mean i still play even after 100% i actually really enjoy it... It's a good chillout game after raging at halo or something.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Yeah! same here! late night, dont want to play any competitive multiplayer game because youve nearly rage-smashed your last controller? just start up magic. Probably my favorite thing to do, was go against Ajani, and use Nissa's deck. just keep pumping the elves up, ahhh. My best i got him down to was a lil over -5000.
But yeah, the co-op campaign was irritating. i ended up playing the game on my other account, pretty much beat it 100% on that account too, and then realized that co-op campaign would be super easy seeing how i had 2 maxed out decks.

So im not too sure about whats actually in this game, is it M11 and M12? and then some Eldrazi stuff? (i think that was the most recent block, ive kinda fallen out of the loop) Itd make sense if they made all the decks in the game standard.

namepending
06-15-2011, 08:27 AM
I kinda stopped myself from looking which decks/cards are in the game so they would be a suprise for myself, but hopefully there are a bunch more decks than the first with more recent cards.

if you want to play magic anytime just shoot me a FR definitely need more friends with it.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Aight will do. Yeah, the first one was probably my most favorite arcade game. I ended up straight up buying the game for myself, and 4 other people. All the dlc for me and one other person, and ive beaten it 100% on one account, and about 80% on two other accounts. ive racked up some mad hours on it.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 08:36 AM
oh, and i just now read something. Now, all i know about the cards is that the deck we start out with is a white deck belonging to Gideon. and thats all i know. Hopefully, if they have a vamp deck in here that its not too cheap. i cant wait for the elf deck. Ahhhhhhhhhh :Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

namepending
06-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Well Sorin is in the trailer, along with chandra and everyone so i assume there will be a vampire deck, I really couldn't use that vampire deck, i was always more of a dragon deck guy :P, Weapons of the Warrior was my favorite deck.

namepending
06-15-2011, 08:45 AM
I feel kinda bad, we totally hijacked this thread to play the waiting game...

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 08:45 AM
When i used to play in person, and if i was going for a win, id use my vampire deck >.> I know, first hand, how cheap they can be. Sanguine bond, and this one card where if you kick it, target player loses half their life, and you gain that much = instant win. But, like i said earlier, Elves will forever be my favorite :D Nothing wrong with dragons though, theyre hella beast.
they really need to hurry up and release this >.>
im dying over here D:

namepending
06-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Yeah ears of the elves is another favorite of mine, i definetly prefer a deck that can jus have so many cards/tokens that people just get overwhelmed.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Hahahaha, well we did give our insight on the release time, so at least we arent completely in the rough hahaha
but yeah, the sheer amount of tokens you can get in one turn is unbelievable. And thats why i love it. the 3 cards i loved from garruks deck were Malimo, Maro-Sorcer, Verdant force, and the Pack of Wolves sorcery card. all 3 of those elements are pretty much in the elf deck, making it freaking awesome in my mind.

namepending
06-15-2011, 09:02 AM
I gotta say my favorite thing about the elf deck would be just waiting and seeing how negative you can make them go, I mean every other card there is "Have an elf in your deck, here's five tokens" oh and all those tokens? now they are +5/+5 because this other card. Just completely ridiculous, reminds me of the one card in Sarkhan Vol's deck that spawns an 8/8 token every turn, completely insane.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 09:07 AM
ITS UP
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Magic-2012/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b3f

namepending
06-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Just refreshed and there it is for purchase on xbox.com.

Guess i'll see ya on there at some point.

EDIT: Wow... suprised i didn't see that coming... we are kinda lame...

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Will do brother :D
finally!!! :D it wont let me request the download on Chrome, so i need to try it on firefox :/ i hope it lets me queue it

EDIT: Hahahah, its all good. i dont mind being lame if it gets me Magic.
speaking of which, it wont let me queue it. So i guess im waiting til they update the dash :/

namepending
06-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah, same issue here, I guess i waited a couple hours i can wait 5 more minutes to let it get added to the queue.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Oh good. well, bad too.
Good for me that at least im not the only one that it wont queue for. but bad that you cant get it queued either :/
i bet its just a lil uploading thing they have goin on. I mean, we did catch it as soon as it was put on the site :P

namepending
06-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah, now that i know it is up i can do something else besides refreshing for like 10-20 minutes and come back to it, but i swear... I think that we both refreshed and posted replies like, within seconds of each other...

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Hahahahha yeah, hahaha Well at least the waiting has finally payed off! although, it could be a few more min before we can actually queue it up, and then we still have to download it all. >.>
But im gonna shoot you a fr right now, and later on we should def do some online.

Komrade Vasilevsky
06-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Downloading now!

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Downloading now as well :D
If you go to game marketplace on the dash, go to Titles A-Z, then click on M, youll see magic 2012, and you can buy it there :D
Screw you Xbox.com for trolling us for nearly 30 min :mad:

namepending
06-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Well, my download will be done in about an hour...damned slow internet...another hour to kill...

billysidol
06-15-2011, 09:41 AM
I just downloaded it. Message me over live to get the online achievements

GT: JaredT84

Playing now

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
:/
I hope it gains some momentum. mines at about 90 now. and now im starving.

Make food, delaying my magic fix for another 20 min, or play magic for 94 hours until im on the brink of dying from starvation....

goodbye food. Hello Magic!

TheUglyCasanova
06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Well, my download will be done in about an hour...damned slow internet...another hour to kill...

Ouch that is slow. I'm downloading the demo first, but after reading and seeing that you can remove cards from your core decks in this might be enough for me to go ahead and splurge. :p I'm really bad at holding onto MS points and I actually just played a few matches of Magic in real life the other weekend so might be fun to get this one as well.

Edit: That opening sequence was pretty bad ass.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 09:51 AM
That intro was so bad ass. This whole game so far is just like... its amazing. Im so in love right now.
EDIT: NEVERMIND. IM BEING MANA F***ED LIKE HELL.

TheUglyCasanova
06-15-2011, 10:01 AM
EDIT: NEVERMIND. IM BEING MANA F***ED LIKE HELL.

ALL I CAN GET IS MANA! :mad:

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 10:03 AM
SAME HERE!! IT COST ME MY FIRST MATCH AGAINST KOTH :mad:

TheUglyCasanova
06-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Haha same here. 9 damn mana on the table and one in my hand.

Easter Bunny 00
06-15-2011, 10:09 AM
I think i was the exact same. i hardly had any creatures out :/
and the one artifact i did have, Koth destroyed :/
Just beat em though. Im gonna love this

TheUglyCasanova
06-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah it feels a lot smoother than the first game. When I went to personas and saw the green/blue guy with the really creepy smile I decided I'd buy it lol.

Komrade Vasilevsky
06-15-2011, 11:45 AM
No trouble with Koth. The merfolk deck, though...

The whole game was me keeping her big bruisers tapped with a couple of Gideon's Lawkeepers. I'm talking a 12/12 Eldrazi with Annihilator 4, a 6/6 Kraken that's unblockable, and another 4/8 Kraken that becomes 8/16 when any deck goes below 20 cards (and with her deck using tons of blue draw cards and green mana searches, that comes SOON). I had it handled until, on the very last hand, she drew a card taking over my only big creature (some card that gains 1/1 every time one of her cards tapped, it was about 16/16 by then), used another creature that somehow taps 8 of my guys, and annihilated me.

Take this deck out quick. If you haven't touched her life total by the 7th or 8th turn, save yourself some time and frustration by starting over.