PDA

View Full Version : Strategy or just spamming?

VonThronstahl
06-15-2011, 12:54 PM
I noticed that there are no achievements or needed bonus for using only a few turrets. I am not very good at TD games because I never played them and if I did, I looked up a turret-placement-solution in the internet.

Does it make sense to fill the screen with turrets and update them asap or are less and well positioned turrets better? I make it through the first few waves easily but then I get run over.

Hudson888
06-15-2011, 01:22 PM
I have managed to get through most of it with just spamming turrets around, but its good to have a few other ones strategically placed, like the ones that slow stuff down, and the blue ones upgraded fully lined up with a long straight is pretty effective at taking down multiple targets. But yea after that i just put loads of green ones in everywhere.

LH Cerberus
06-15-2011, 03:34 PM
I had at the corners 2-3 laser and in front of them a couple of the orange things. A few rockets and a few turrents and always, if available, the vortex towers and connected all of the other units to them, for more power. Worked pretty well, on hard mode, for me.

litepink
06-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Another reminder to all, make sure it's on Novice difficulty.

My general strategy:

Mostly Greens, Blues if there are straight lines.
1-3 Red/Yellow combos, especially where paths cross. I felt that if the yellow stopped a Creep, that allowed another to catch up and you can hit multiples at once.
Vortexs': If you understand them, use them. I sort of get them, but I gave up on them and did fine.

I go for Quantity first. I build up my Greens along the path and place my Blues in straight lines, etc. Once I have the whole path filled, then I upgrade. Once the whole path is fully upgraded then I start putting things in "open areas" and upgrade quickly so they reach the paths. I feel emphasizing on Quanity first allows you to upgrade multiple towers later when the money starts rolling in. When things get frantic its a lot easier to upgrade rather than placing new turrets.

Another suggestion is that, in my opinion, I liked the Green turrets better when not fully upgraded, ignoring the final upgrade.

Hudson888
06-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Another suggestion is that, in my opinion, I liked the Green turrets better when not fully upgraded, ignoring the final upgrade.

Agreed, I think they are much more effective if they are at 3 barrels with the dots on them. Or have a mixture of fully upgraded and some 1 off fully upgraded.