PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Slim Problem

wilson1874
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
I have slim xbox and sometimes there's a buzzing/rattling noise coming from it. It's also loud when I play certain games, even though I have them installed??

JDMBO1
06-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Have you dropped at any point in your ownership of your Slim? Have you attempted to tamper with your Slim? If none of these apply then it's an issue that comes from the factory it was assembled or the place that you purchased it from mishandled it

jules the great
06-15-2011, 02:43 PM
I have had zero problems with my 250gb slim at all and I purchased it the same day Halo Reach came out. My sons 4gb slim has made a buzzing sound on and off for the past month. I thought it was because maybe rain had gotten into it (its by a window). But it works perfectly. I think you just got a bad model?

OptimusPrime76
06-15-2011, 03:25 PM
I bought a slim on release day and it's been fine except for some strange reason if I stand it up on it's side next to my tv (which is how I had my previous elite) it makes a terrible loud noise when a disc is spinning inside. It's ok when games are installed though.

It pissed me off so much I had to clear a space in my glass entertainment unit under the tv so I could lay it on it's side. Never heard a peep from it since.

Gonna replace it with that rather snazzy looking gears of war ltd console when it's released in September.

HuMuRoUs
06-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Exact same thing happened to mine its just the vibrations from the console on the surface i had it on. Little piece of folded paper under the rear left corner and no noise :D

Worhammer
06-16-2011, 03:06 AM
The first gen of new slims had issues with the DVD drives being improperly mounted. This may be your problem. It's still under warranty, so bring it back or call up MS if the place you got it won't take it.

TRoW WAR GMRoW
06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
The first gen of new slims had issues with the DVD drives being improperly mounted. This may be your problem. It's still under warranty, so bring it back or call up MS if the place you got it won't take it.

That reminds me that mine is still under warranty and need to call. Because mine gets REALLY loud at times for no reason. I have never mistreated or dropped mine so whatever the reasoning it makes that noise... I'm going to blame Microsoft :)

Beefdagreat
06-16-2011, 08:49 PM
That reminds me that mine is still under warranty and need to call. Because mine gets REALLY loud at times for no reason. I have never mistreated or dropped mine so whatever the reasoning it makes that noise... I'm going to blame Microsoft :)
lawlz then you better get on that call ;)

TRoW WAR GMRoW
06-18-2011, 11:26 AM
I would love to. But from what I hear the customer service is HORRIBLE. It takes like 7,694,528,135 years to make progress with em' ;)