PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Casual game I can jump into whenever, is this it?

Lord Montymort
06-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Hey guys. So basically I'm finding myself getting pretty annoyed with a lot of the games I have atm and I'm looking for something that I can just jump into whenever those games start to get me down that I can just play for a bit, is this the sort of game that you could do that with or the learning curve (I've never played Magic before) to steep to learn to play it on just a casual bases?

TheUglyCasanova
06-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Really it's not all too hard to learn. The game does a good job of explaining it to you. It's definitely a nice game to relax to as well. It's filled with beautiful artwork and nice tranquil music. And they fixed a lot of the stuff from the first, so it's definitely the better experience.

It will frustrate you from time to time when you can't draw anything you need. But that's the name of the game.

Lord Montymort
06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I got the Trial and I'm finding that. On my first attempt against Koth (using the Wielding Steel deck) I didn't get ANY Monsters just kept getting Planes cards, and lost pretty quickly. On my second attempt (this time using the Apex Predators deck) I got him down to 9 HP, without losing any myself,but somehow I lost all my Monsters in one turn and couldn't get any more and eventually lost.

TheUglyCasanova
06-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah its definitely a game that's half luck/half knowing the cards.

It feels great when you draw an awesome hand and have your first 5 turns lined up right at the start.

theNomad
06-15-2011, 05:39 PM
:woop: Yeah I'm thinking of getting into this as well, my quadcore PC is broke (so I can't play MMORPG's). And I've had my fill of single & multiplayer fps, this seems a perfect change of pace.

Shinobi273
06-15-2011, 05:48 PM
On my second attempt (this time using the Apex Predators deck) I got him down to 9 HP, without losing any myself,but somehow I lost all my Monsters in one turn and couldn't get any more and eventually lost.

Probably played fault line, it's like earthquake that deals damage to every creature without flying and player. It seems like he always starts with that card. So far he has played it 3/3 times against me.

Having the packleader really saved me. It's a 4/4 that makes you draw a card every time you play a creature with power greater than 3. The trolls helped alot too.

theNomad
06-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I got Koth down to 1pt on my 1st try, but he beat me by 2pts during his turn he had creatures at 4/4 my max was 2/2 though mine had a aura card to boost it some... Seems fun I'm gonna buy it, but need more practice before I'll even try entertain a multiplayer run.

I figure it from my 1st go, you get a deal then 2 turns (+ a combat turn if you've a creature card on the table). Usually throw a land/mana card on first move then second is an action move.

Does seem a little swayed towards luck, you seem to either get loads of creature cards or loads of land cards. Looks like good value at 800 MSP.