PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Slim flashing green light???

Mace1st
06-15-2011, 04:41 PM
I've recently started having an intermittent problem with my Xbox 360 250gb S. Basically, the center green light starts flashing/blinking and the game tab under My Xbox shows the white disc icon and says opening. The drive never actually opens, but until i press the A button, it doesn't update the picture showing the game or allow me to play. When i press A, the message changes to reading and then the game picture will appear after a second or two.

Whats worse is that it has started interrupting gameplay now and randomly, a black screen will appear and revert me back to the dashboard, showing the white disc icon with the "Opening" message.

Does anyone actually know what is causing this and what i will need to do to fix it?

I trawled through google results only to find info regarding modded consoles, which isn't much help as mine isn't modded.

Thanks

HuMuRoUs
06-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Call Xbox Support, sounds like its a fault with your dvd drive obviously maybe the motor? Either way you will have to send it in. You should have warrenty though so your all good :)

Mace1st
06-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh dear, i'll give them a ring see what they say about it. I think i'll take it back to the shop though, i got extended cover on it and i've heard they have a fast service.

Thanks for the reply :)

TRoW WAR GMRoW
06-16-2011, 06:53 PM
The advice given earlier is your best bet. Take care of it ASAP'
You never know... It might be a big problem or nothing at all. But understanding what it is, that's what's needed. Good luck ;)

Beefdagreat
06-16-2011, 08:45 PM
i have a slim also, and havent got any errors. To be sure that it won't be broken anymore, i'd agree with what the first guy said. Call support and probably send it in.

Ethiebeefy
06-18-2011, 11:03 AM
This have happened be once the blinking power button light but the tray got stopped going be my kinect cable i turned it off and turned it back on it was fine after that

(My Tray must of got annoyed of getting stuck)