PDA

View Full Version : Places to grind!

Russia Black
06-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Can anyone recommend places to grind out the co-op achievements? Just need somewhere with alot of enemies and a checkpoint thats not too far in so it saves and the chapter can be reloaded.

Suki
06-15-2011, 09:09 PM
i cant think if the coop ach u want to grind?? there all in the guide just follow that.

Russia Black
06-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Stuff like ice queen, levitation kills, battle charge kills. Its all well and true saying use the guide but all that says is how to do it not a good place to bash them out.

cra
06-16-2011, 08:27 AM
how about clearing the sleg battles since there is the highest spawn count in the entire chapter. however i would do it in coop and not with the ai

Russia Black
06-16-2011, 09:18 AM
how about clearing the sleg battles since there is the highest spawn count in the entire chapter. however i would do it in coop and not with the ai

I will try this when I get back, cheers.

Just had a look on TA and it turns out that you can get the achievements in crucible mode. Gonna test it later see if it's true.

cra
06-16-2011, 09:27 AM
i doubt that since the achievement description says: adventure mode

Russia Black
06-16-2011, 06:47 PM
i doubt that since the achievement description says: adventure mode

I've just got the spell link achievement in crucible on Auboroks 25 level map so the achievement despcription is wrong.

shinobigarth
06-20-2011, 01:07 AM
if thats true thats good to know. i didnt try any in Crucible since it said adventure mode.

Magon
06-20-2011, 06:32 AM
I've just got the spell link achievement in crucible on Auboroks 25 level map so the achievement despcription is wrong.
I was doing that map as well, and I shot every skellie I could with Ice Arrow and let Caddoc finish 'em off, and still hasnt got the Ice Queen, and I had several of these kills during normal playthrough as well, so I doubt you can do all of these kill type achievements in Crucible. Maybe some can be, some cannot?

Russia Black
06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
I was doing that map as well, and I shot every skellie I could with Ice Arrow and let Caddoc finish 'em off, and still hasnt got the Ice Queen, and I had several of these kills during normal playthrough as well, so I doubt you can do all of these kill type achievements in Crucible. Maybe some can be, some cannot?

Right I didn't think anyone cared so I never bothered putting this buuuuuuut you can't do ice queen. Me and my girlfriend tried for ages and it didn't unlock. The 2 we got were the spell link one and the other one for battle charging your ally. You can literally just stand there, even when there's no enemies, and keep linking and battle charging. I think ice queen, shield shattering and levitation are all adventure only. Best place to grind them is 2.1 because there's loads of weak enemies and a few guys with Shields.

Headless Snip3r
06-20-2011, 11:57 AM
No reason to grind at all. Every achievement is easily done in natural playthrough of the campain with a live buddy. Just be sure that you use the abilities to make them happen. The more you upgrade the more consistantly your abilities work. For instance the Ice arrows at first just slow down the enemy, but maxed out will freeze all enemies in a 20' radius, making Ice Queen very very fast in a the chapter 6 sleg battle. Good luck.

Russia Black
06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I've got 1000 on this. Plus not everyone can play on live or might've missed them for some reason. I'm actually fed up of coming on here and hearing how you should get it naturally. Everyones game will be different and this thread was created so people could have an easy place to just bash them out.

Gizmo2k
06-25-2011, 06:08 AM
You can literally just stand there, even when there's no enemies, and keep linking and battle charging. I think ice queen, shield shattering and levitation are all adventure only. Best place to grind them is 2.1 because there's loads of weak enemies and a few guys with Shields.

Thanks for the 2.1 tip, I was trying to figure out a good spot for ice queen too. On another note, when does 'spell link' actually count as activated? When the skull appears floating around? Do I have to wait for that to vanish before I get another spell link that counts?

cra
06-25-2011, 11:55 AM
to be on the safe side, yep wait until the skull is gone.

Gizmo2k
06-25-2011, 04:21 PM
to be on the safe side, yep wait until the skull is gone.

Meh, makes it longer and even more boring to grind out ;) Thanks though.