PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody tried applying for their promo card yet?

Ruble
06-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I tried to apply for mine. Went to duelsoftheplaneswalkers.com ,put in my country, date of birth, email, gamertag and code, hit submit... and got directed to a blank page. No voucher or anything. Tried refreshing and I got an error message saying I'd missed out required fields. Resubmitting the info told me that my email had been registered already.

Now I'm a touch concerned. Has anyone else tried to register for their card yet? I want my Grave Titan, dammit. DX

Star Forger
06-15-2011, 09:40 PM
As soon as I started up the game, I got my code. Went to the website, put in the required information, and was directed to a page that had my information on the voucher, which I then printed as instructed. I'll update this post after I go to my local shop later to see if I can trade in the printed voucher for the promo card.

Update: It worked just fine for me, so don't worry. I got the promo card as soon as I gave them the voucher.

Ruble
06-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Sounds like I need to make a call to customer services, then. I just got a blank screen. I even tried with my backup email address. Nothing. =/

MooMooChicken
06-15-2011, 10:09 PM
it worked for me

theNomad
06-15-2011, 10:57 PM
Same here I tried and got held at a white page (in the UK using chrome browser).

I'm not so bothered as its not an in-game promo card but a physical one you get from your nearest game store (my nearest store is 10+ miles away) http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/678 plus seeing how I've never played the card game I won't need/want it, that said I've enjoyed a good hour playing it on xbox now.

Ruble
06-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Same here I tried and got held at a white page (in the UK using chrome browser).

I'm not so bothered as its not an in-game promo card but a physical one you get from your nearest game store (my nearest store is 10+ miles away) http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/678 plus seeing how I've never played the card game I won't need/want it, that said I've enjoyed a good hour playing it on xbox now.

I'm using IE8... I wonder if it's to do with us being in the UK or something. I'd kinda like to get the promo card because I play with a blue/black deck with my friends (with the physical cards) and it'd give my deck a little extra muscle.

TheUglyCasanova
06-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Worked fine for me as well a few hours after the game was out.

Just going to give my friend the voucher SS so he can get the card if he wants it. For the original game I sold him the card for $10 (the price of the game) :P.

xDarQx
06-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Gave the white screen for me as well, I'm from the Netherlands, so maybe it's a European thing for it not working? Using Firefox btw.

HeavenSoldier
06-16-2011, 02:46 AM
I'm using IE8...
I lol'd...a lot...

Anyways, if I'm not mistaken, Grave Titan was a real popular card in the Blu/Blk decks last tour, especially among zombie/mass creature decks. I, myself, prefer white or infection-based decks.

As per your problem, IE itself, likes to be a B*tch about a lot of things and not be compatible. I recommend Firefox, or as all the CTN's over here bother me to use, Google Chrome...wait, just read above comment, and now thinking it's a site problem. From the sound of it, it may be a EU thing they haven't fixed yet.

Sgt T00t3n
06-16-2011, 08:34 AM
i tried to get mine aswell last night, (UK, Firefox) i entered all my details and pressed continue then i got a blank screen and i refreshed then it took me back to my details page so i pressed continue again and it said my code had already been used >_>

Rogue Batleth
06-16-2011, 08:56 AM
I have also tried many times (Canada, Firefox and IE8) but I end up getting a message that says "Unexpected Server Error". So i don't know it must be a website error

xDarQx
06-16-2011, 10:07 AM
I was reading the forums from Wizards of the Coast and it seems it's a known error which they are working on.

They recommend sending a mail to their costumer service describing your situation. That does require you to make an account on http://wizards.custhelp.com/ , in the 'Ask a question' tab.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Ruble
06-16-2011, 12:16 PM
I lol'd...a lot...

Anyways, if I'm not mistaken, Grave Titan was a real popular card in the Blu/Blk decks last tour, especially among zombie/mass creature decks. I, myself, prefer white or infection-based decks.

As per your problem, IE itself, likes to be a B*tch about a lot of things and not be compatible. I recommend Firefox, or as all the CTN's over here bother me to use, Google Chrome...wait, just read above comment, and now thinking it's a site problem. From the sound of it, it may be a EU thing they haven't fixed yet.

Kinda off-topic but I very rarely have problems with Internet Explorer. And it seems to be a problem with the website, rather than a browser issue, since it's happening to people with Chrome and Firefox, too.

And I hadn't really been following the tour, so I wasn't aware that Grave Titan was already a popular card. I just saw a 6/6 with Deathtouch and thought 'I need that for my deck', lol.

Kankui
06-16-2011, 12:27 PM
I got my code and redeemed it with no problems. I printed it off and will be calling my local MTG place to see if they have it yet. They didn't have those pre-built decks for a while after the original game came out....

Foil Grave Titan here I come!

Mushroom Jones
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
The site claims my code is incorrect. I will be trying again tomorrow.

swgeek79
06-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Got my grave titan foil voucher printed out! Heading to Time Warp Comics in Cedar Grove later on today!!

Perax
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
I tried to apply for mine. Went to duelsoftheplaneswalkers.com ,put in my country, date of birth, email, gamertag and code, hit submit... and got directed to a blank page. No voucher or anything. Tried refreshing and I got an error message saying I'd missed out required fields. Resubmitting the info told me that my email had been registered already.

Same happened to me and to a friend =/

ubertrance
06-17-2011, 12:20 AM
It sucks cause in the first one, they mailed you the card, now you have to travel to a store to get it and there is no store in my town

Coorhagon
06-17-2011, 07:05 PM
I used my mobile phone because I didn't realize I had to print something. I thought it might be in game content or the card would be mailed since I have to put in so much info. I saved the page but haven't tried a pc that has a printer yet.

GS17259
06-17-2011, 08:56 PM
It might be the browser that your using, one of my friends was having trouble with IE, but firefox worked fine.

debje
06-17-2011, 09:04 PM
my brother tried and got a blank screen as well. i think i will wait untill this is fixed before entering my own code.
we are both from the netherlands btw.

Lord Montymort
06-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Even though I never played Magic before DotPW2012, I applied for it seeing as it's free and it's worked. Interestingly enough I'm not only entitled to the Grave Titan promo card, but also a free deck (Is this for everyone or just newcomers?). Too bad that none of the shops that you can redeem the offer at are anywhere near me :(.

Chathams Finest
06-18-2011, 02:44 AM
I lol'd...a lot...

Infect eh, everybody must hate you

Sgt T00t3n
06-18-2011, 03:02 PM
well after a couple of emails ive got mine, but no where on the voucher does it say you get a free deck aswell, although it does on the site >_>

Kinjin
06-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Voucher went through first try for me- I've got a location less than 2 miles from me, I'll take it there and see what they say, if anything, about a free deck.

Kinjin
06-18-2011, 04:22 PM
well after a couple of emails ive got mine, but no where on the voucher does it say you get a free deck aswell, although it does on the site >_>

Where does it say this on the site? I'll print it and bring that with me.

Sgt T00t3n
06-18-2011, 04:57 PM
http://www.playmagic.eu/en_UK/dotp2012-xbox

"To get your first feel of what it is like to play with real cards, sign up and you will receive by email a voucher with your unique code. Then print it and take it to one of the participating stores near you and collect your deck of cards for FREE* and a unique promo card!"

Kinjin
06-18-2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.playmagic.eu/en_UK/dotp2012-xbox

"To get your first feel of what it is like to play with real cards, sign up and you will receive by email a voucher with your unique code. Then print it and take it to one of the participating stores near you and collect your deck of cards for FREE* and a unique promo card!"

Ahh, the free deck does not apply to USA. That covers that, thanks!

Alpha X
06-18-2011, 10:11 PM
So has anyone actually gotten their card yet? I'm most likely gonna head up to this place nearby today and see if they have em yet, I'll post if I get it. That sucks that the free decks aren't available in America but at least we get Grave Titan.

On a totally off topic and unrelated note; Does anyone know why my Gamercard over on the left side of the page, under my location and post count is not updating? I have about 6,000 more points than it shows.

NevEP
06-18-2011, 11:58 PM
I got mine from Hobby Town USA in Charleston, SC. They apparently had redeemed some others as well.

Sgt T00t3n
06-19-2011, 10:19 AM
ill be getting mine saturday, im going to phone them first to see if the have it and ask WotC if you actually do get a free deck.

Chathams Finest
06-19-2011, 11:27 AM
My printer ran out of black ink halfway through printing my voucher, go figure. But the local magic dealer didn't hesitate to honor it. I was even the first person to bring one in, he had no idea what the vouchers even looked like!

Alpha X
06-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Well I went to go get my card yesterday but I've never been to the place I was going and I got there at 6 but they closed at 5. Now I'll have to wait until some time during the week. It was a tiny store though that apparently sells and trades video games, I don't see how they could have very many Magic cards in a store that size. All I saw was video games.

Sgt T00t3n
06-19-2011, 04:27 PM
i work at a printers so i havnt printed mine yet but ill be doing it monday, ive emailed WotC to ask if you do get a free deck (apparently people in the US arent eligible) so we'll see what they say

Ruble
06-19-2011, 06:58 PM
After going through customer services (and picking up the Steam version in the process) got my Grave and Frost Titans. You definitely get a deck for each voucher in the UK, got one for each voucher. Blue one is pretty neat, has some good deck-cycling cards in it. Not much creature muscle but it aims to win by making your opponent deck out. The Green one is kinda so-so. Has a big 8/8 in it and a couple of Giant Spiders, as well as another spider that destroys a flying creature when it enters the field. I'm curious as to what's in the Black one, but I don't have a PS3, lol.

Place I went to was a hobby shop, doing all kinds of things, both card and tabletop RPGs. There was a Warcraft tournament on when I went there, and Pokemon League. They're doing a launch event for the 2012 core set in early July (and the event you get told about when you beat Gideon, in September), so I'll probably wind up going to those. If just so I can play Magic with somebody who isn't on the other end of a computer screen, lol.

Sgt T00t3n
06-20-2011, 12:17 PM
After going through customer services (and picking up the Steam version in the process) got my Grave and Frost Titans. You definitely get a deck for each voucher in the UK, got one for each voucher. Blue one is pretty neat, has some good deck-cycling cards in it. Not much creature muscle but it aims to win by making your opponent deck out. The Green one is kinda so-so. Has a big 8/8 in it and a couple of Giant Spiders, as well as another spider that destroys a flying creature when it enters the field. I'm curious as to what's in the Black one, but I don't have a PS3, lol.

Place I went to was a hobby shop, doing all kinds of things, both card and tabletop RPGs. There was a Warcraft tournament on when I went there, and Pokemon League. They're doing a launch event for the 2012 core set in early July (and the event you get told about when you beat Gideon, in September), so I'll probably wind up going to those. If just so I can play Magic with somebody who isn't on the other end of a computer screen, lol.

Thanks for that info, im going to get a green deck i think its my favourite of the basic colours.

Heres what WotC emailed me:

"Thank you for getting in touch with us! The voucher does not mention anything about the free deck however when you go to the store to pick up the card if you mention it they should have one for you. It is one of the learn to play half decks and there is one for each color."

Sgt T00t3n
06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
promo card for what ?

when you buy the game you get a code for whatever platform, you enter the code onto there site and you get a promo card and a free deck (for some regions) so you can play Magic the gathering IRL while you play Magic the gathering on whichever platform.

c wut i did thar?

12ozkrue
06-23-2011, 08:55 AM
i think wizards did a crap job with this, i went to my card shop on the 17th and they told me they were out of the promos already... considering they're like 10$+ on ebay already i bet the shaddy @*#$ are gonna sell them.... now wtf am i to do >.<

BigDaddy Rick
06-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Im still waiting on mine been waiting since it came out :(

virtualsmith
06-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I got and redeemed two different codes, one for the XBLA version and one for the Steam version. For each I was able to get the code easily. I redeemed them at two different stores, just in case they take the "1 code per person" text as law. I even got some sample M12 decks which were nice.

shinobigarth
06-28-2011, 05:52 AM
i bought this yesterday morning and havent gotten any emails yet. :( my local shop has them but have to wait. it doesnt usually take this long for me to get the MS email after a purchase. wonder if their auto email systems are backlogged from lots of purchasers for this game after hearing about the card promo? anyway waiting sucks.

ahh, i was a bit excited about the free deck on the last page, until i noticed its not available in the US. gaaa! im new to MTG, why cant i get a free deck too?!?! :mad: