PDA

View Full Version : Challenges Thread

namepending
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
EDIT: DLC #1 Work in Progress

Note: These were not all figured out by me, i gave credit underneath each challenge of the ones i couldn't figure out myself.

Campaign 1 vs. 1

Rumble in the Jungle-Easy
1. Block with Runeclaw Bear and Barony Vampire.
2. Attack with Gloomhunter.

In the Spider's Web-Easy
1. Block with either Furnace Whelp.
2. Play the land, and attack with both Furnace Whelps.
3. When the spider blocks, use the ability of the whelp that didn't get blocked.

Death Blooms-Easy
1. Block Mortivore with the Cudgel Troll,and make sure to regenerate him.
2. Block Gaea's Revenge with Zombie Outlander.
3. Attack.

With Fire and Sword-Easy
1. Summon Kor Duelist.
2. Equip the duelist with Trusty Machete.
3. Block the Lightning Elemental.
4. Attack.

Lust for Blood-Easy
1. Block the Terra Stomper.
2. Attack on your turn and you win.

Welcome to the Pit-Medium
1. Block Colossus of Sardia with 1 Bloodthrone Vampire.
2. Block each of the other three creatures with your other three respectively, doesn't matter which.
3. Press Y to continue, then immediately stop the timer.
4. Use the Bloodthrone Vampire that is blocking the 9/9 to sacrifice all other monsters on your side of the battlefield, including mortivore.
5. On your upkeep, you will win.

Master of Illusions-Medium
1. Play your land, then use Time Warp on yourself.
2. Summon 2 Phantasmal Bears.
3. Use Into the Roil on the Mind Control equipped to Krovikan Mist.
4. Use Preordain, select both cards, you will draw a Summoner's Bane.
5. On your next turn, summon your thrid Phantasmal Bear.
6. Summon Dreamborn Muse, But immediately use your Summoner's Bane to counter it.
7. Attack with Krovikan Mist and you win.

Bane of Bolas-Medium
1. Play a red land, Summon Plasma Elemental.
2. Select players, Nicol Bolas, and pay the conditional cost for the card.
3. Attack with both flying dragons, and discard Chain Reaction.
4. Discard any three cards, on Nicol Bolas' upkeep, you win.

The Tangled Vale-Medium
1. Use Sign In Blood on your opponent, taking 2 life away and giving him two cards.
2. Use Sudden Impact on your opponent.
3. Cast Sickening Dreams and sacrifice every card in your hand.
4. Cast Terramorphic Expanse(it's on the field) and bring back a land card. This will bring back all 4 Bloodghast with haste on to the field. Be sure to say yes to having them return to battlefield.
5. Continue your turn and attack with all 4 Bloodghasts.
Credit to Nayr for this one.

Desperate Measures-Medium
1. First off, immediately stop time.
2. It's the opponents turn, near the end, and you need to use Quicksilver Amulet to play the card Duplicant.
3. Duplicate the card Sundering Titan; it's enchanted and forces you to take 4 damage at the beginning of your turn.
4. Toss out random land and let the turn end.
5. Now that you can't instantly lose, use the Quicksilver Amulet again to play Precursor Golem.
6. Play Fleeting Distraction on a golem.
7. Play Show and Tell and put out Icy Manipulator with it.
8. Play Mox Sapphire and your Island.
9. Use Icy Manipulator to tap the opponents Akroma, Angel of Wrath.
10. Move to combat phase and attack with Steel Hellkite.
11. After combat, use Steel Hellkites ability to destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost X; X will be 4.
12. Use the rest of your mana for that ability (4) and you win!
Credit to locoloco for this one.

Master Your Destiny-Hard
1. Play your island, and use Index.
2. Select the cards in this order, Tranquility, Erratic Explosion, Bogardan Hellkite, Island, Coiling Oracle.
3. Summon Bloodbraid Elf, select the Coiling Oracle.
4. Use Djinn of Wishes ability, and select Bogardan Hellkite.
5. Use 1 target on the Illusionary Servant, and the other 4 on the Air Elemental.
6. Attack with the Bloodbraid Elf and you win.

Plots within Plots-Hard
Make sure to select these cards as they are shown here, not in game, as the computer may sometimes discard one of the cards you need.
1. Use Gifts Ungiven.
2. Select Dragonstorm, Grapeshot, Gifts Ungiven, and Izzet Chronarch.
3. Use Gifts Ungiven again.
4. Select Intuition, Dragonstorm, Grapeshot, and Blaze.
5. Use Intuition.
6. Select Three Flame Bursts.
7. Use the Flame Burst, Target Players.
8. Use Grapeshot, Target Players(5).
9. Use the second Grapeshot, Target Players on all of them, and you win.

Archenemy 3 vs. 1

Might of the Mountains
1. Cast Flight on Koth's Ashen Monstrosity (the red 7/4 creature on the right).
2. After that, simply use Earthquake with all your Mana. Koth will attack and you win.
Credit to Myrmida for this one.

Kiss of Death
1. Use land.
2. Hunters feast.
3. Legacy's Allure grab 1/1 death shadow.
4. Lure on teammates deathcure ogre.
5. Giant growth On your 6/6.
6. Continue, continue, stop timer.
7. Fire of yavimaya on your 9/9.
Credit to Vernox for this one.

Seek No Longer
1. Play Wheel of Fortune, which decks out Ajani. This releases Phyrexian Tyranny back to Tezzeret, and destroys both Kokushos due to the 1 Legend rule. At this point you should have two untapped lands and 14 life.
2. Attack with Dragon Mage. This makes everyone discard and draw 7 more. After the attack does damage, Tezzeret should have 28 life. After everyone draws again, each drawn card will deal 2 mana or 2 life damage. Nissa will go down to 1 life but not below due to Nefarious Lich. Tezzeret will go down to 14 life.
3. It will now ask if you want to pay 2 life or 2 mana. You must select 2 life all seven times, bringing your life down to zero. Once you have been eliminated, your Faceless Butcher will release Tezzeret's Whirlpool Dragon back to him, making him shuffle and draw 7 more times. His life is reduced to zero and you win.
Credit to DomaDragoon for this one.

DLC #1 Challenges

Behold the Power of Destruction- Hard 1 vs. 3
1. As soon as the game begins target Ajani Goldmane with the scheme card.
2. Use Sign in Blood and target Liliana Vess.
3. Attack with one creature on Ajani, and the other on Sarkhan(doesn't matter which).
4. Use Flameblast Dragon's Conditional cost on Liliana vess, use all your lands.
5. On the next turn whoever you attacked with the 3/7 will try to draw a card and you win!

Death on the Wind-Hard 3 vs. 1
1. Immediately you want you us Plummet on his 4/4 Air elemental.
2. Pause the timer and activate your teammate's Sailmonger ability to give the Sailmonger flying.
3. During the combat phase when the sailmonger blocks Jace's Wind Drake, Use Captive Flame to boost the Wind Drake, killing your teammate's sailmonger.
4. Next turn play your land and wait till the combat phase, when he attacks with Rorix Bladewing just buff him using Cative Flame with all three of your lands.
5. Win!

Introductions are in Order

Feed the Machine

nugletman
06-16-2011, 03:33 AM
thanks for the guide. its better than the other one that only has 2 challenges done. and this one is easier to read. keep up the good work!!

namepending
06-16-2011, 05:04 AM
Yeah, i started it out so maybe everyone could join and post them but i ended up just trying to find the solutions and post them for everyone. Enjoy :D

ShortyTHEone
06-16-2011, 08:27 AM
nice one, this is really an ALL challenges guide ;)
good work

septicflesh
06-16-2011, 08:34 AM
thanks for this!

Vernox
06-16-2011, 09:25 AM
For kiss of death if people are having issues with it using your green mana up just save your land until your ready to move on then play it.

RK1 R33D
06-16-2011, 09:42 AM
I had the mindset of beating Bolas in the combat stage, and the combat stage alone. I didn't know what tricks he had up his sleeve so I did this.

Bane of Bolas
Play a Blue Land
Use AEther Tradewinds, choose your Thunder Dragon and Nichol's Blood Tyrant.
Go into the attack stage and attack with Spellbound Dragon
- His special Ability allows you to draw a card then discard one with Spellbound Dragon gaining the converted mana cost as his strength. Choose to Discard Thunder Dragon.

This will make Spellbound dragon a 10 / 5 and defeat Nichol Bolas.

Kai Freefall
06-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah, i started it out so maybe everyone could join and post them but i ended up just trying to find the solutions and post them for everyone. Enjoy :D

Awesome guide namepending :D

Mars Renegade
06-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Worked like a charm, thank you for this guide!

Azn Playah
06-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Just wanted to make a small comment to your guide on plots within plots. Maybe mention that you have to choose the cards in the order listed otherwise the computer will discard one of the cards that you need. This can happen since the order listed here isn't the order of the cards in your library so some people may pick the cards as they come across them in the game.

namepending
06-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Thanks, Azn I catually didn't know that, will add.

tsampugna
06-17-2011, 12:58 AM
I did plots within plots a little differently:

1. Use Gifts Ungiven.
2. Select Gifts Ungiven, Flame Burst, Blaze, and Dragonstorm. You should receive Gifts Ungiven and Flame Burst.
3. Use second Gifts Ungiven.
4. Select Intuition, Flame Burst, Grapeshot, and Dragonstorm. You should receive Intuition and Flame Burst.
5. Use Intuition.
6. Select two Flame Bursts and Grapeshot.
7. Use the two Flame Bursts and grapeshot by targeting players.

My point is that I don't think the order is too important, I did this a few times with the same result. Perhaps my difficulty is the reason, I'm on Archmage.

Azn Playah
06-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Well I was playing on Mage and just chose the cards the first time in the order they appeared in the game from left to right. I ended up without the 2nd grapeshot and had to start it over. After choosing them in the same order as the guide, it worked fine.

Jimm
06-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Well I was playing on Mage and just chose the cards the first time in the order they appeared in the game from left to right. I ended up without the 2nd grapeshot and had to start it over. After choosing them in the same order as the guide, it worked fine.
As long as you end up with 2 Flame Bursts and a Grapeshot OR 2 Grapeshots and a Flame Burst, you will do enough damage either way.

theNomad
06-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Cheers namespending fantastic and clean guide, I was starting to get frustrated with the last couple of middle ones and not even looked at the hard ones. I will try do them myself, but being a MTG noob doubt I'll manage without this guide.

P.S.
Ohh forgot to mention I linked this guide in the Puzzling Master Achievement thread.

Chathams Finest
06-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Great guide! Now got all 200! :woop:

Dr Sartan
06-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Might of the Mountains
1. Cast Flight on Koth's Ashen Monstrosity (the red 7/4 creature on the right).
2. After that, simply use Earthquake with all your Mana. Koth will attack and you win.
Credit to Myrmida for this one.

Great guide.

Might of the Mountains was the only one I couldn't solve on my own, so I finally went to the forums to find a solution. While the solution above works, I don't understand why it works, and I was hoping someone might explain.

After casting Flight on the Ashen Monstrosity, then casting Earthquake to wipe everything out (and do the damage to Garruk), when Koth attacks, why doesn't Garruk block with the Stratoseppelid (his remaining, flying creature)? It says that the Stratoseppelid can only block creatures with flying, but Flight gives the Monstrosity flying (it even has the flying icon on it). Even though the Monstrosity's text doesn't include "Flying", the enchantment imparts the ability. The text of Flight is "Enchanted creature has flying." If the Monstrosity is blocked, the challenge fails. Is there some technicality in the rules I'm not aware of? If so, this is a change from when I used to play the actual card game oh so long ago. Thanks.

Fearlessraven
06-20-2011, 02:43 AM
Great guide.

Might of the Mountains was the only one I couldn't solve on my own, so I finally went to the forums to find a solution. While the solution above works, I don't understand why it works, and I was hoping someone might explain.

After casting Flight on the Ashen Monstrosity, then casting Earthquake to wipe everything out (and do the damage to Garruk), when Koth attacks, why doesn't Garruk block with the Stratoseppelid (his remaining, flying creature)? It says that the Stratoseppelid can only block creatures with flying, but Flight gives the Monstrosity flying (it even has the flying icon on it). Even though the Monstrosity's text doesn't include "Flying", the enchantment imparts the ability. The text of Flight is "Enchanted creature has flying." If the Monstrosity is blocked, the challenge fails. Is there some technicality in the rules I'm not aware of? If so, this is a change from when I used to play the actual card game oh so long ago. Thanks.

I Know what you mean that was the reason i couldn't solve that challenge. If you use the spell to kill the Stratoseppelid it leaves you with 4 and then that creature with blue can block as it has 1 life left.

Dr Sartan
06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I Know what you mean that was the reason i couldn't solve that challenge. If you use the spell to kill the Stratoseppelid it leaves you with 4 and then that creature with blue can block as it has 1 life left.

Exactly. If you use Flame Slasher to kill the Stratozeppelid, then your remaining mana towards Earthquake, it leaves the Harbor Serpent (and a couple other critters) with one life. When the Ashen Monstrosity attacks, the Harbor Serpent somehow blocks the flyer, even though it doesn't have reach or flying itself.

It seems to me that there is a glitch in there somewhere, probably having to do with the game not recognizing that the Monstrosity has flying when Flight is cast on it. That would explain why the Stratozeppelid doesn't block it and the Harbor Serpent does.

Primarch Akurei
06-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Posted this over on Wizards as well. There is a quicker solution to "Master of Illusions"

1. Play an Island (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Island]).
2. Cast Into the Roil (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Into]+[the]+[Roil]) unkicked on the Mind Control (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Mind]+[Control]) enchanting the Krovikan Mist (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Krovikan]+[Mist]).
3. Cast three copies of Phantasmal Bear (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Phantasmal]+[Bear]).
4. Cast Time Warp (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Time]+[Warp]) on yourself.
5. Cast Confiscate (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Confiscate]) on any of your opponent's creatures.
6. Attack with everything.

Jimm
06-21-2011, 12:53 AM

After casting Flight on the Ashen Monstrosity, then casting Earthquake to wipe everything out (and do the damage to Garruk), when Koth attacks, why doesn't Garruk block with the Stratoseppelid (his remaining, flying creature)? It says that the Stratoseppelid can only block creatures with flying, but Flight gives the Monstrosity flying (it even has the flying icon on it).
It seems to me that there is a glitch in there somewhere, probably having to do with the game not recognizing that the Monstrosity has flying when Flight is cast on it. That would explain why the Stratozeppelid doesn't block it and the Harbor Serpent does.
If you pay attention, you are at 4 life. By casting Earthquake for 4 or 5, you kill yourself. Part of killing yourself involves removing all cards that you own from the game. Since you own Flight, it gets removed as Earthquake resolves. Since Flight only has an effect while it's attached to the creature, the Monstrosity no longer has Flying and that's why it doesn't get blocked. There's no glitch here; it's just a rule in the game that some people forget about.

fruitdog69
06-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Awesome, much thanks for the concise list. Why is it in Welcome to the Pit that the 3 non 9/9 creatures don't hurt you? Seems like if you sacrifice their blockers they should have free shots on you, no?

Jimm
06-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Awesome, much thanks for the concise list. Why is it in Welcome to the Pit that the 3 non 9/9 creatures don't hurt you? Seems like if you sacrifice their blockers they should have free shots on you, no?
Imagine it like this - your creatures are standing in the way of their creatures. Since their creatures can't get past your creatures, they're going to try to hit your creatures instead of you. It's just the way the game has been designed. As long as you choose to block before you sacrifice, the creature that was blocked won't hit you unless it has trample when damage is dealt.

Dr Sartan
06-23-2011, 08:45 PM
If you pay attention, you are at 4 life. By casting Earthquake for 4 or 5, you kill yourself. Part of killing yourself involves removing all cards that you own from the game. Since you own Flight, it gets removed as Earthquake resolves. Since Flight only has an effect while it's attached to the creature, the Monstrosity no longer has Flying and that's why it doesn't get blocked. There's no glitch here; it's just a rule in the game that some people forget about.

Ah yes, you're right. Either way you play it, the Earthquake kills me and Flight goes away, which I forgot. Now it makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Midnight Malice
06-26-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm calling bullcrap... not on the guide, this is great work, but what they expect you to assume. For master of illusions, you are supposed to assume that when you Scry, you will get the "only" card that can help you "the way I did it" and on Into the Pit, from my understanding of the game, resolves don't work that way. You are sacrificing 3 other blockers before damage calculation. I understand that it works, but it goes against normal logic The creatures you sacrifice "should" resolve before your other creature gets the +2/+2, meaning they aren't there anymore. I haven't played much of the tabletop game, but I seriously doubt that would fly. If it does... this game is stupid >.>

Jimm
06-26-2011, 06:05 PM
You are sacrificing 3 other blockers before damage calculation. I understand that it works, but it goes against normal logic The creatures you sacrifice "should" resolve before your other creature gets the +2/+2, meaning they aren't there anymore. I haven't played much of the tabletop game, but I seriously doubt that would fly. If it does... this game is stupid >.>
The game is stupid then. This is straight from the rules:
510.1c A blocked creature assigns its combat damage to the creatures blocking it. If no creatures are currently blocking it (if, for example, they were destroyed or removed from combat), it assigns no combat damage.All you have to do is say that your blocking an attacking creature for it to become a 'blocked creature'. Once you've done that, anything that happens to the creature you're blocking with is irrelevant. Like my example, the creature stood in the way acting as a decoy of sorts, then was sacrificed to make your other creature stronger. It's really as simple as that. What doesn't make sense is that after you sacrifice your blocking creatures, if I'm not mistaken, the arcade game puts the lines back up indicating that the creatures are coming at you. It may be what's causing some of the confusion because it creates the illusion that they're going to hit you, yet nothing happens.

O4OUR
06-26-2011, 08:05 PM
it's such BS that you have to defeat the AI EXACTLY how Wizard wants you to.. there's more than 1 way to defeat some of them, and you get slammed with defeat (Even though you still have the full amount of life they gave you) right before you make the killing blow.. such BS :mad:

O4OUR
06-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Imagine it like this - your creatures are standing in the way of their creatures. Since their creatures can't get past your creatures, they're going to try to hit your creatures instead of you. It's just the way the game has been designed. As long as you choose to block before you sacrifice, the creature that was blocked won't hit you unless it has trample when damage is dealt.

i get the rules, and it makes sence on paper and in the table top game .. also my mind, but what screws up most gamers (and Wizard SHOULD fix it) is that when you sacrifice those 3 defenders, the arrows from teh attackers then reallocate where their supposed damage is supposed to be going.. which is infact your players icon. Thus confusing the heck out of people (such as myself) on how that is logical; without playing 'MTG' prior to these video games. If anything it's just a graphical error, that should get fixed as it just messes with your mind by graphicly tellin you (regardless of the rules) that this creature is focused on you. know what i mean? i dunno i'm just ramblin now. :(

What the game makes you think, regardless of rules (because of the graphical queue); Immagine you just punched your sisters boyfriend in the face, and you ran into ur house. (Safe/blocked) Then ur sister sacrifices the door you just locked.. do you think his arrow is still gunna be pointed at the door? No! it's pointed at you (this is what the game does) do you think he'd just walk off now that the door is gone? NO he's gunna &% your $&(^ up!

IC3 L3G3ND
06-26-2011, 08:46 PM
i get the rules, and it makes sence on paper and in the table top game .. also my mind, but what screws up most gamers (and Wizard SHOULD fix it) is that when you sacrifice those 3 defenders, the arrows from teh attackers then reallocate where their supposed damage is supposed to be going.. which is infact your players icon. Thus confusing the heck out of people (such as myself) on how that is logical; without playing 'MTG' prior to these video games. If anything it's just a graphical error, that should get fixed as it just messes with your mind by graphicly tellin you (regardless of the rules) that this creature is focused on you. know what i mean? i dunno i'm just ramblin now. :(

What the game makes you think, regardless of rules (because of the graphical queue); Immagine you just punched your sisters boyfriend in the face, and you ran into ur house. (Safe/blocked) Then ur sister sacrifices the door you just locked.. do you think his arrow is still gunna be pointed at the door? No! it's pointed at you (this is what the game does) do you think he'd just walk off now that the door is gone? NO he's gunna &% your $&(^ up!

Amazing explanation you have there, Classic

Primarch Akurei
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm calling bullcrap... not on the guide, this is great work, but what they expect you to assume. For master of illusions, you are supposed to assume that when you Scry, you will get the "only" card that can help you "the way I did it" and on Into the Pit, from my understanding of the game, resolves don't work that way. You are sacrificing 3 other blockers before damage calculation. I understand that it works, but it goes against normal logic The creatures you sacrifice "should" resolve before your other creature gets the +2/+2, meaning they aren't there anymore. I haven't played much of the tabletop game, but I seriously doubt that would fly. If it does... this game is stupid >.>

Actually for Master of Illusions the "proper" method is posted in a response to the OP. Said OP hasn't updated the main post with my solution as they did over on the Wizards forum. My solution always works, and is always faster than the listed solution up top, and doesn't rely on broken mechanics you just excellently pointed out.

The game isn't stupid, it's the people at SteelSeries. I've seen kids fresh out of highschool make better functioning games then these tards.

"Hey guys I have a great idea....lets make a game mode in magic involving teams where players share health....we'll even add a ranked version of it. But wait here's the kicker, because we don't actually know a damn thing about gaming, lets make it so you can't actually join the team game mode as a team..."

Personally I think they're in cahoots with the Einsteins that thought Dungeon Siege 3 multi-player should only save the hosts data... /shrug

Primarch Akurei
06-27-2011, 11:09 AM
If you want an even better bug to gripe about.

Mind control, or take control of through any means another players creature that is equipped with "Argentum Armor". Now attack with said creature. Now watch as your opponent still gets to declare the equipment's target despite the creature being under your control. Oh and this glitch occurs in EVERY game mode.

Primarch Akurei
06-27-2011, 07:29 PM
:eek: realy? so not buying that game anymore.. :woop:

I couldn't make up a lie that clever. Google for full info.

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-B2C3Rr8/0/L/i-B2C3Rr8-L.jpg

Jimm
06-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Mind control, or take control of through any means another players creature that is equipped with "Argentum Armor". Now attack with said creature. Now watch as your opponent still gets to declare the equipment's target despite the creature being under your control. Oh and this glitch occurs in EVERY game mode.
That's also not a glitch. You're only taking control of the creature - they still control the armor. Since the armor is the card that triggers when the creature attacks, that's why they get to choose what to destroy.

CreepyUncleMike
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
There is a problem with the Seek No Longer challenge. It doesn't work under the rules of Magic. When your partners lose, their cards do go away, but their triggered abilities don't activate. This means the permanents removed by Oblivion Rings should not be returning to the battlefield.

Also, since no one's posted it yet (though someone came very close), I've found the true solution for Plots Within Plots. What do I mean for the true solution? One that doesn't rely on the opponent making bad choices.

Start by casting Gifts Ungiven for Blaze, Dragonstorm, Gifts Ungiven, and Grapeshot. If the opponent were to hand you Blaze or Dragonstorm here, you win. The AI makes the proper move and gives you Grapeshot and Gifts Ungiven.

Now the second Gifts Ungiven is for Grapeshot, Flame Burst, Intuition, and Dragonstorm. Again, Dragonstorm is lethal. And I have done this solution twice and had the computer give me different choices. But the truth is whatever he lets you keep is enough to kill him. The opponent must deny you Dragonstorm. If the computer denies you:

Intuition - This is the worst case scenario, but you can still win. Play the Flame Burst for 2 damage. Now cast the sword as your fourth spell of the turn. The first Grapeshot now does 5 damage and the second does 6. You win.

Flame Burst - Cast Intuition, choosing 3 Flame Burst. Two go to your graveyard, one to your hand. With 3 Flame Burst now in your graveyard, the Flame Burst deals 5 damage. You've now played 4 spells. Grapeshot for 5, Grapeshot for 6. You win.

Grapeshot - Cast Intuition, choosing 3 Flame Burst. Again, two go to your graveyard. Flame Burst for 4, Flame Burst for 5, Grapeshot for 6. You win.

namepending
07-11-2011, 04:06 AM
Just letting everyone know i'm probably not going to edit the OP with multiple solutions for the same challenge, i know there are different ones. Whether they are supposed to be the right solutions or not, they work. That is my point that the solutions i posted work, I respect those of you who found other methods because i surely wouldn't spend that much time in the challenges... But just wanted to tell everyone that yes, i know there are other solutions. but i won't add them to the OP.

The Albino Slug
07-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Thank you for this guide. Would be helpful to know which decks are best against the normal campaign foes though

ADenton109
07-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks to everyone that put to this guide was great help much appreciated!

av3s
07-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Thank you so much :D I got half of them done, but I couldn't get past the second half.

Foxler
07-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Very good guide, thanks :D

Marvel Avenger
07-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the guide, it was a big help :)

LeopoldX92
08-30-2011, 06:16 PM
thanks for the guide, it was a lot of help.

papoose
09-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I got videos up for the first two challenges on the expansion on my youtube channel
Mtg:2012 XBLA Expansion Pack 1: Behold the Power of Destruction Video Guide - YouTube

Mtg:2012 XBLA Expansion Pack 1: Death on the wind Video Guide - YouTube
the other ones will come in once i can get to them :P

Heres the next one
Mtg:2012 XBLA Expansion Pack 1: Feed the Machine Video Guide - YouTube

Last one
MTG:2012 XBLA Expansion Pack 1 challenge: Introductions are in Order - YouTube

namepending
09-15-2011, 02:48 AM
I got videos up for the first two challenges on the expansion on my youtube channel

I'll keep the OP text only but i'll put a link to your videos if thats fine with you?

Heraldofkaos
09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
1. Use Introductions to search for Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and play it.
2. Attack Nissa.
3. Use Introductions to search for Conquering Manticore and play it using its ability to "borrow" Tezzeret's Platinum Emperion.
4. Play Hellkite Charger.
5. Attack Tezzeret with Emrakul and Nissa with The Manticore and Hellkite also using the Hellkite's ability when prompted.
6. Then attack Tezzeret again with Emrakul and Liliana with the manticore and Hellkite.

papoose
09-15-2011, 10:15 PM
I'll keep the OP text only but i'll put a link to your videos if thats fine with you?
Yeah that's cool with me :) i included all the text in my videos so you can just copy and paste.

mex4173
09-16-2011, 07:22 PM
2. Attack Nissa.
3. Use Introductions to search for Conquering Manticore and play it using its ability to "borrow" Tezzeret's Platinum Emperion.
5. Attack Tezzeret with Emrakul and Nissa with The Manticore and Hellkite also using the Hellkite's ability when prompted.
6. Then attack Tezzeret again with Emrakul and Liliana with the manticore and Hellkite.

Why does this not result in a draw? When Liliana and her demon dies, the PC is still at 0 life.

SteamboatWi11y
09-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Why does this not result in a draw? When Liliana and her demon dies, the PC is still at 0 life.

Because the demon doesnt leave play, and its active trait says "You can't win the game and your opponents can't lose the game"
meaning that even though you have 0 life you can't lose but she can.

Jimm
09-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Because the demon doesnt leave play, and its active trait says "You can't win the game and your opponents can't lose the game"
meaning that even though you have 0 life you can't lose but she can.
They might be questioning the fact that as soon as Liliana loses, her demon does leave play and you would be able to lose. The explanation for that is because of the way the rules work, a lot of things get checked at the same time. After damage is dealt, the game checks to see if any creatures die at the same time that it checks if any players die. If you attacked Liliana with a creature big enough to kill Abyssal Persecutor and if it died from combat damage, then it would be a draw (as long as you kill all your opponents) because at the same time her creature would die (which would allow you to lose), she would lose as well. If you killed her before your other opponents and were still at 0 life, then you would just lose.

It doesn't matter much, but the best creature to take with the Conquering Manticore is actually Baneslayer Angel. You can attack Liliana with just that instead and won't have to worry about losing a creature or losing the game. She can't block it because it has Protection from Demons. Since it has First Strike, it will kill her before everyone else and the Abyssal Persecutor will no longer be keeping you alive. However, because of the way that Lifelink works now, you'll gain 5 life and survive without it.

SteamboatWi11y
09-18-2011, 02:01 AM
They might be questioning the fact that as soon as Liliana loses, her demon does leave play and you would be able to lose. The explanation for that is because of the way the rules work, a lot of things get checked at the same time. After damage is dealt, the game checks to see if any creatures die at the same time that it checks if any players die. If you attacked Liliana with a creature big enough to kill Abyssal Persecutor and if it died from combat damage, then it would be a draw (as long as you kill all your opponents) because at the same time her creature would die (which would allow you to lose), she would lose as well. If you killed her before your other opponents and were still at 0 life, then you would just lose.

It doesn't matter much, but the best creature to take with the Conquering Manticore is actually Baneslayer Angel. You can attack Liliana with just that instead and won't have to worry about losing a creature or losing the game. She can't block it because it has Protection from Demons. Since it has First Strike, it will kill her before everyone else and the Abyssal Persecutor will no longer be keeping you alive. However, because of the way that Lifelink works now, you'll gain 5 life and survive without it.
Yes but this is a challenge and youre goal is to defeat all the opponents, if you dont take the golem from Tezzeret(sp) you cant do damage to him since his life total won't change, yes there are many ways to simply defeat Liliana. However with a turn limit meaning they can't have another or its considered your loss anyway even if you could have survived and continued to play if it was following normal conditions.

DMar17
09-19-2011, 10:10 AM
FEED THE MACHINE:

1. When Feed the Machine is set, choose Nissa.
2. Use Hedron Crab.
3. [OPTIONAL] Play the Island, then select Gideon.
4. Use Chain Reaction.
5. Use Vision Skeins. If you used Hedron Crab's Landfall on Gideon, this will deck him out.
6. Use Sparkmage Apprentice and choose Nissa's remaining creature.
7. Use Biorhythm for an instant group wipeout.

SteamboatWi11y
09-19-2011, 04:20 PM
FEED THE MACHINE:

1. When Feed the Machine is set, choose Nissa.
2. Use Hedron Crab.
3. [OPTIONAL] Play the Island, then select Gideon.
4. Use Chain Reaction.
5. Use Vision Skeins. If you used Hedron Crab's Landfall on Gideon, this will deck him out.
6. Use Sparkmage Apprentice and choose Nissa's remaining creature.
7. Use Biorhythm for an instant group wipeout.

Edit:
1. Feed the machine, Target Gideon
2. Play Chain Reaction
3. Use Vision Skeins
4. Play Sparkmage killing Nissa's last creature in play
5. Play Biorhythm

You win.

phewfighter
09-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Jimm's right. A far less precise solution to "Introductions are in Order" is to use the Baneslayer Angel, which actually allows you to kill whichever opponent you want first. You can even hold off on killing anyone to deal the coup de grace all at once in the third combat phase. Essentially, so long as you play Emrakul and then Manticore to take Baneslayer, and don't kill Liliana and/or her Abyssal Persecutor before getting life, you can run rampant.

One option:

2. Attack Nissa. *
3. Use Introductions to search for Conquering Manticore and play it using its ability to "borrow" Tezzeret's Baneslayer Angel.
5. Attack Tezzeret with Emrakul, Liliana with Baneslayer and Nissa with The Manticore and Hellkite also using the Hellkite's ability when prompted. Yes, Liliana will die and her Abyssal Persecutor no longer protects you, but as Jimm mentioned, Baneslayer's lifelink just gave her 5 life to you. Tezzeret takes no damage but Emrakul annihilates 6 of his permanents. **
6. Attack Tezzeret again with Emrakul and any other creature. Emrakul annihilates everything else Tezzeret had, including the Platinum Emperion, so he takes the full 20 damage. If you use Baneslayer again, you win with 10 life. ***

* Option 2: Attack Tezzeret instead.
** Option 2a kills Liliana with Baneslayer and Tezzret with Emrakul and some flyer. Option 2b kills Liliana with Baneslayer and Nissa with Emrakul and friends. Option 3 ignores Liliana to deal with the others, so in the next combat phase you already have 5 life. Y'know, just to play if safe. A variant of this option is how you can leave everyone alive for now - Tezzeret with Emrakul, Nissa with all other flyers.
*** I think you can figure out where your preferred option leads now. If Tezzret died before and you lost Baneslayer, just toss the two flyers you still have at Liliana.

Gesundheit.

Heraldofkaos
09-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Interesting discussion btw. I just posted a solution that I worked out since no one else had at that point.

shinobigarth
09-28-2011, 10:02 PM
i figured out Feed the Machine on my own, which i was proud of. :P its actually easy, the cards in your hand give you such big hints.

JasonRVS
10-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I think using the Sparkmage in Feed the Machine is kind of cheap, considering it's a "randomly" drawn card. Here's what I think the intended solution was:

Feed the Machine
1) Choose Gideon Jura as the target of Feed the Machine. He will choose his own creature, thus leaving 4.
2) Play Chain Reaction. This will kill off every creature except for one of Nissa's Disciple of the Vaults, which is protected by the Spider Umbra enchantment.
3) Play Hedron Crab.
4) Play Biorhythm.
5) Play your land.
6) Play Vision Skeins. This empties Nissa's deck.
7) Just let your turn end.

xThaSOULESSonEx
03-06-2012, 02:50 AM
3. Attack with one creature on Ajani, and the other on Sarkhan(doesn't matter which).
4. Use Flameblast Dragon's Conditional cost on Liliana vess, use all your lands.
5. On the next turn whoever you attacked with the 3/7 will try to draw a card and you win!

Is not correct needs to be

3. Attack with the Flameblast Dragon on Liliana, and the other on Sarkhan(doesn't matter which).
4. Use Flameblast Dragon's Conditional cost on Ajani, use all your lands.

Mr.Pink26
04-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Guide was a huge help. Thanks a ton !!!!!

DonkeyBong71
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
thanks for the guide. would not have got the achievement without it.