PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Card list

Little Teacher
06-16-2011, 03:33 AM
So far the only one I've run in to is Polymorph. Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, if the computer plays one to kill one of my creatures I get to flip through my library and replace it with the next one.

I've had it played twice on me where it just kills my creature and that's it.

Also, I'm not sure the proliferate card is working as intended. I played it when I had quite a few counters out on multiple cards and it just automatically increased the counters on one of the cards that had them, not all of my choice that had them.

Also again, and maybe this is just my lack of understanding of some of Magic's more complicated timing rules, but if Lorthos attacks and doesn't pay the 8 mana, should he still be able to force me to sacrifice my illusional creatures?

They say to sacrifice them "when they become the target of a spell or ability" and Lorthos says "If you do [pay the 8 mana], tap up to eight target permanents.

Seems like you don't target my guys unless you pay the 8 mana, therefore I don't sacrifice my illusions unless you pay the 8 mana. But it's not programmed that way right now. Am I wrong?

Xavier0080
06-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Lorthos is working as it should. Targets are selected first thing, before any costs are paid. The creature is always targeted, even if he forgoes the mana payment.

Unless I am seriously missing something, the final challenge solution is wrong. Nefarious Lich shouldn't prevent you from going below 0 life, but in the game it does.

Little Teacher
06-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks about Lorthos, Magic timing always threw me. At least it's easier than it used to be.

Got hit with another polymorph that just killed my guy and didn't let me replace him.

Perax
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Polymorph works good for me.

When i use it, i usually target one of my creatures and it works as it should. Maybe it's bugged only if you cast it to kill one of your opponent's creature, and viceversa (the A.I. use it to kill one of your creatures)?

Xavier0080
06-16-2011, 06:28 PM
I've used it to kill a Koth's Courier with a Claws of the Valakut against me, and it flipped another Koth's Courier, so when used as removal it still worked as intended for me.

Little Teacher
06-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Had Polymorph not work yet again for me. So far every time it's been used has been against me from the AI, and I never get another creature in its place.

Another strange thing happened today: I casted a kicked Rite of Replication on Ulamog (lucky draw). Ulamog disappeared, and then the blue bar came up and ran down 5 times as if it was giving me the tokens, but none every showed up on the board. Then my graveyard completely disappeared. And I was left with no Ulamog and no Ulamog tokens.

MooTrain
06-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Ulamog is legendary, so when you copy him, all copies will die immediately.

Graveyard will disappear, as ulamog will shuffle it into your library.

Link to Ulamog: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=194911

senju05
06-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Another strange thing happened today: I casted a kicked Rite of Replication on Ulamog (lucky draw). Ulamog disappeared, and then the blue bar came up and ran down 5 times as if it was giving me the tokens, but none every showed up on the board. Then my graveyard completely disappeared. And I was left with no Ulamog and no Ulamog tokens.

That's because Ulamog is a legendary creature, which means there can only be 1 of him on the field at one time. Since you summoned 5 Ulamogs with Rite of Replication all of them died.

Little Teacher
06-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Good call! There's me not paying attention.

Little Teacher
06-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Ran into another bug today playing archenemy with me and a buddy and a computer against Bolas. The AI teammate had a Voracious Dragon out and Bolas flipped over the Cloneforge scheme. He copied the dragon, but then for whatever reason did it again and devoured the first one. The he cloned it again, then again, and then a third time and devoured the two he just made. Then again and devoured the 6/6 he'd just made. Then repeated the whole thing over and over and over.

We just sat there and laughed but he would have gone on doing this on repeat had we not quit.

final1980
07-06-2011, 03:35 AM
I've had this problem maybe you guys can tell me if you have to. I was going and unlocking cards and I found my vampire deck and the elf decks are messed up. It says i have like 4000+ cards and keeps erroring out I don't want to delete the game since I'm almost done has anyone else had this problem. I got all but the last red deck the elf deck and vampire deck complete I will redownload again after I beat the last two archenemy's for my achievement.

CreepyUncleMike
07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
All right, let me try answering some of these questions.

We'll start off with Polymorph. Just a guess, but when it's not working, are you playing the blue illusion deck? My guess is what's happening is the target is a creature that gets sacrificed once it has been targeted. This is a triggered ability which will go on top of the stack. This triggered ability resolves and the creature is sacrificed. Now Polymorph would resolve, but since it's a targeted spell that no longer has any legal targets, Polymorph is countered.

As for proliferate, sadly the game doesn't seem to let you make actual choices. I think it just guesses what's good for you (probably more +1/+1 counters for you and your teammates) and goes with it. Hunter's Feast is the same way.

Lorthos has been covered. When a triggered ability goes on the stack, any targets must be announced. The decision on whether or not to pay is made when it resolves.

As for Rite of Replication, that's actually a harder case than it sounds. At least as far as the graveyard being shuffled, but I believe it works correctly. Rite of Replication resolves and creates a copy of Ulamog. Now state-based actions are checked and there are 2 legendary creatures with the same name on the battlefield, so both go to the graveyard. Both Ulamogs trigger from the graveyard (it's not a leaves-the-battlefield ability so it doesn't trigger from the battlefield), but the abilities don't go on the stack yet. First, state based actions are checked again and see a token that's not in play, so the token ceases to exist. Now both Ulamog triggers go on the stack. He shuffles first, then you.

As for cards not working correctly, there are a couple that seem to be only in one Archenemy challenge. Sadly, they're an integral part of the challenge. Those cards are Oblivion Ring and Faceless Butcher. Both cards have 2 triggered abilities, one when they enter the battlefield and one when they leave. The problem is they shouldn't be triggering when a player leaves the game. Unless the multiplayer rules have changed since I last downloaded them anyway.

baylxr
07-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Ran into another bug today playing archenemy with me and a buddy and a computer against Bolas. The AI teammate had a Voracious Dragon out and Bolas flipped over the Cloneforge scheme. He copied the dragon, but then for whatever reason did it again and devoured the first one. The he cloned it again, then again, and then a third time and devoured the two he just made. Then again and devoured the 6/6 he'd just made. Then repeated the whole thing over and over and over.

We just sat there and laughed but he would have gone on doing this on repeat had we not quit.

I've had this same exact bug. What's going on?