PDA

View Full Version : Was Karn supposed to be easy?

RK1 R33D
06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
I was using my edited Blue / Black deck, I'm going to assume Karn had a Blue deck with artifacts.

He only pulled out 2 artifacts in the game, one that allowed him to bring creatures to the battlefield for 4 Mana, and one that allowed him to untap other artifacts. Then he only brought out 1 creature that had 3 counters on it which he could remove to give damage to one of my creatures, which he did.

After that I just decimated him in 3 turns with my Mirror works out to make copies of my Etched Champion, and two Tidehollow Strix.

What kind of deck was he using? Game only lasted about 8-10 turns so I didn't really see his strategy, my weenies pretty much dominated lol.

namepending
06-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I felt honestly the same way, i was using the pure green deck and also just beat him in 3-4 turns... so i went back just now and fought him with the green/blue deck...if you let him build up, he pulls out two golems that increase the cost of opponents spells by one, so every card you cast you have to pay two extra lands for it, and even with the mass amounts of lands the blue/green puts out, i couldnt get enough creatures out because he also has an Artifact Dragon that is 0/0, but spawns with 6 +1/+1 counters on it, every time it attacks/blocks it loses a counter, but for three lands he can put another on it. Pure Blue deck for him mainly artifacts. Basically if you let him build up a little bit since he is an AI he will obviously get the cards he needs in the beginning and makes it pretty hard to beat him.

RK1 R33D
06-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I felt honestly the same way, i was using the pure green deck and also just beat him in 3-4 turns... so i went back just now and fought him with the green/blue deck...if you let him build up, he pulls out two golems that increase the cost of opponents spells by one, so every card you cast you have to pay two extra lands for it, and even with the mass amounts of lands the blue/green puts out, i couldnt get enough creatures out because he also has an Artifact Dragon that is 0/0, but spawns with 6 +1/+1 counters on it, every time it attacks/blocks it loses a counter, but for three lands he can put another on it. Pure Blue deck for him mainly artifacts. Basically if you let him build up a little bit since he is an AI he will obviously get the cards he needs in the beginning and makes it pretty hard to beat him.

yeah I read on the forums that he actually has some pretty bad ass cards that aren't legal in Standard like Mox Sapphire. He also has the ability to get Dark Colossus out on turn 2. Which if pulled off correctly would be f'ing amazing. I'd have to see that.

Optimus Adam
06-16-2011, 02:58 PM
The first time I played him, he dropped an island and votalic key turn one, another island and a mox sapphire on turn two, then tinkered, sacing the key and putting out the darksteel colossus. I lost that game...second go around I stomped him in 4 or 5 turns.

KohrinSoulez
06-16-2011, 04:53 PM
He didnt even manage get up a creature for me, just 2 artifacts.

Lafajet
06-16-2011, 06:30 PM
The first time I played against him he decimated me with the Colossus. The second game was a breeze where I could just chip away at his life while he threw out artifacts. It seems like an awfully situational deck that really relies on getting out the big guns early.

zeke2535
06-17-2011, 12:25 AM
i found him extremely easy

Azn Playah
06-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Seems like Karn's just either really lucky or unlucky. When I played him he only played 3 artifacts and didn't even get a creature out.

theNomad
06-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Seems like Karn's just either really lucky or unlucky. When I played him he only played 3 artifacts and didn't even get a creature out.

Pretty much same here he didn't get to pull a creature on me either, I beat him 1st attempt with no problem whatsoever. The only dual I had a problem with during the 1st campaign was Sorin Markov and his black vamp deck.

Coorhagon
06-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I played him on the hardest setting with the machinations deck and he destroyed me the first 5 games. In a couple of the games he had 8 mana on turn two. In almost every game he used the duplicate creature and took out my most powerful creature. In the game I won he used the card that each player puts a card from their hand into play and we both put in the indestructable collosus. It seems if he gets a lot of mana early he can destroy.

MooTrain
06-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Against me, Karn's deck went:

Island,
Mox Sapphire,
Mox Sapphire,
Show and Tell - reveal Darksteel Colossus.

Turn one on the play.

Good game Karn. Good game.

I did eventually beat him, but if he gets a quick tinker or show and tell, you pretty much lose.

theNomad
06-18-2011, 02:18 AM
I stepped up to the medium Archmage level for the revenge campaign, found karn much harder this time round if he does get to use his Darksteel Colossus which he can do pretty much from the beginning, you are pretty much screwed in just 2-3 turns. If he doesn't I can still easily beat him. He seems to be a one card pony.

Cav Clayton
06-18-2011, 05:34 AM
He didn't get a single monster out till turn 8 in which I just mind controlled it and one 20 to 0.

Definitely the easiest of the campaign.

HLR zdmetal
06-18-2011, 07:58 PM
He was by far the easiest of all the campaign opponents for me. I was using the white deck that you start off with and he was done in about 4-5 turns.

WonderCaliban
06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Played him this morning in the Revenge campaign and he is slightly harder with the extra cards he has. A few times he's able to play very powerful cards very quickly.

But he's still not that difficult.