PDA

View Full Version : Need tips/help on Nikol Bolas Archenemy

Lord J Rod
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I cannot beat this guy no matter what I do. As soon as we play creatures he kills them and can never attack. He destroys all our permanents, gets stronger every turn while we get weaker. If anyone knows a good combination of which decks to use or general strategies to victory that would be great.

Oh and playing online isn't an option. You can do local co-op or AI only.

Runai
06-16-2011, 06:49 PM
I cannot beat this guy no matter what I do. As soon as we play creatures he kills them and can never attack. He destroys all our permanents, gets stronger every turn while we get weaker. If anyone knows a good combination of which decks to use or general strategies to victory that would be great.

Oh and playing online isn't an option. You can do local co-op or AI only.

I beat him first try with Gideon/Gideon/Gideon. It's not the most exciting trio in the world, but it works.

Darth MaIak
06-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Jace/Jace/Jace should work fairly well too. Just restart if he flips the innocent blood card right after you've played krovikan mist.

Lord J Rod
06-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Ok I'll try those out. Thanks for the tips. I will beat this SOB if it's the last thing I do. Now if I can just get a guide for some of the challenges....

Got it. It seems that 3 sof the same decks is the right strategy. I used 3 Garruk decks however and just overwhelmed him with creatures. I got lucky and didn't draw too many world breaking schemes against me. I caled all my lesser creatures first and let him kill them. Then when he started to run out of all his numerous kill cards, I brought the heat and demolished him. I'm glad I'm done with this thouroughly dissapointing game.