PDA

View Full Version : Worth Buying?

Graham31004
07-09-2007, 08:45 AM
They have this game at the local BX/PX here at this army post and it looks kind of cool. How much fun is this game? It's made by Ubisoft which makes me want to believe it has promise.

Kaens
07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Quality wise it's a rental, but if you want to get 1000 on it you'll either need an unlimited rental or purchase it because one of the achievements is for 1000 games played. The game is fun for a few hours, but I've never heard of anyone being into this game enough to get a ton of replay out of it. The recent Project Slypheed budget title release in the west is better use of your $40 for a shooter. Granted they are different types of shooters, but I don't think there are many games like Wartech to compare it to ;) It was a fun rental though.

This game isn't made by Ubisoft btw, I think they just published it for the West.

Graham31004
07-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Oh ok thanks for the info Kaens. Btw is this a fighting game like Dead or Alive or like an RPG?

Kaens
07-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh ok thanks for the info Kaens. Btw is this a fighting game like Dead or Alive or like an RPG?
It's a fighting game, but you are all using projectiles. Single player is a series of these battles with two boss fights mixed in. The bosses are big space ships things so you have work through several phases and these feel more like a classic shooter.

Im a Manatee
07-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Quality wise it's a rental, but if you want to get 1000 on it you'll either need an unlimited rental or purchase it because one of the achievements is for 1000 games played. The game is fun for a few hours, but I've never heard of anyone being into this game enough to get a ton of replay out of it. The recent Project Slypheed budget title release in the west is better use of your $40 for a shooter. Granted they are different types of shooters, but I don't think there are many games like Wartech to compare it to ;) It was a fun rental though.

This game isn't made by Ubisoft btw, I think they just published it for the West.

Wartech is actually 60 over here, compared to Sylpheed! Lol!

Rink Rat 55
12-06-2007, 07:28 PM
In my opinion, this game is worse than Ninety-Nine Nights (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=89)if that was possible. It's in Japanese with small English subtitles that you do not have time to read while your fighting. The graphics remind me of a Super Nintendo game and the plot does not make sense. Online play for this game is dead practically. Do not buy this game but rather rent it to get about 500 gamer points before you can't stand playing the game anymore.

Bulletman
12-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I think its a fun game I bought it! plus there not that many quirky japanese one on one shoot-em-ups/fighting games on the system.

FoxTenson
01-17-2008, 09:03 AM
It's not really a bad game at all, if you like shooters, specifically carpet shooters like castle shikigami. It's nowhere near as intense(unless you play the Japanese players online at times, or fight Unknown, the octopus boss), but they basically tried to create a fighting game where you are boss characters from a carpet shooter game, fighting other boss characters. It's a niche game, easy enough to get most of the achievements, but hard to master. Fighting Japanese players who are skilled can be intense and fun, a real test of skill. The graphics department is low for a reason, the game was originally made for the dreamcast board arcade units, and the dreamcast itself in japan. they went for a direct port due to fan requests in Japan. Give it a try at least, it's unique and I love playing it.

Tyger7
01-17-2008, 09:29 AM
This game is now like 10 bucks in most places. I picked up mine brand new for 3.99! Good to work at certain places

Sakurafire
03-14-2008, 12:44 PM
It's in Japanese with small English subtitles that you do not have time to read while your fighting. The graphics remind me of a Super Nintendo game and the plot does not make sense. Online play for this game is dead practically. Do not buy this game but rather rent it to get about 500 gamer points before you can't stand playing the game anymore.

Sorry to bring up an old topic but if you play this game in HD on a higher resolution television (like everyone in Japan has) you'll see the difference. It's actually pretty nice and refreshing compared to all these complicated games. Simple can be better sometimes.
Also with the Online play. Just post on the forums and find a buddy to play with! ^^

On that note, if anyone wants to play me in Seki no Ronde, let me know. ^^ I'd love to play this one.

gog
04-05-2008, 06:50 AM
can only hope this is a early type version - of a robotech / macross - fighter - story / coop game - that - i damn hope will happen in the future - i still think the robotech games for xbox are still playable and are BC - i still have urges to play my macross jap game for the psx but damn its dated - but the ability to go full speed - and brake in a moment to go robo is just damn nice to me

Azrael008uk
05-18-2008, 03:00 PM
This game is a 2D Sidescrolling shooter.

It does a very good job of presenting a 3D feel but it's essentially a 2D sidescroller, albeit multi directional.

If you can find it for cheap enough, and you should be able to, it's a great alternative to break up some of the other titles you may be currently slogging through.

Get it cheap enough and you've done well for yourself.

Azrael

Chaosflare
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Hmm... Considering I'd been rarely seeing it in GameStops, and at $10 new ($7.99 Used); I was wondering whether or not I should have gotten it. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

I still laugh however, when I see that a shop I normally frequent has left the New price set at $50. *rolls eyes*

PureTechniquex
01-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Its around 5 on Amazon.co.uk over here in the UK, it is a little like Aegis wing mixed with Fighting. Just got it a few days ago, played it for 20 mins & its not that bad.

Anji
03-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm thinking about getting this for 8 bucks.........

OdorlessFurball
08-31-2009, 04:10 PM
I got it for $5 US. I'd say it's worth at least that, but I'm not fond of having to read the subtitles of the ongoing Japanese conversations taking place during story batlles. Must... concentrate... !!!

Michaeloioi
09-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I personally think this game is excellent, bloody marvellous.
I now have every single player achievement, I sat here and didn't move for 10 hours straight to get all of the single player achievements and the Rounder achievement. Of course the 10 hour achievement and I enjoyed every minute. It's a must buy, as its fun online, yeah It's boring if you are just boosting it but maybe get a friend on and play together. I rate this game 8/10!

Nuffzx
12-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Bought it for 2.99 it's a pretty decent game for what it is but it's not worth full retail price.

Electriclectic
01-23-2010, 07:13 AM
I bought it for $10, and it's worth that. If you love shoot-em-ups like the Raiden series, give it a go.